Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » AMD Radeon Discussion and Support
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

AMD Radeon Discussion and Support General discussion, tweaking, overclocking and technical support questions about discrete Radeon graphics products.

Old Oct 1, 2021, 06:16 PM   #271
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Q4 of '22, like I said.

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1, 2021, 08:14 PM   #272
bill dennison
Rage3D Spammer

bill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
Q4 of '22, like I said.
that says Q1 23 for the big dogs
7800/7900 XT

they want to go after NV it looks like
bill dennison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1, 2021, 08:32 PM   #273
pax
Rage3D Spammer

pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Man over a year away sufferin succotash...

Piledriver Rig 2016: Gigabyte G1 gaming 990fx. FX 8350 cpu. XFX RX 480 GTR Cats 21.6.1, SoundBlaster ZXR, 2 x 8 gig ddr3 1866 Kingston. 1 x 2tb Firecuda seagate with 8 gig mlc SSHD. Sharp 60" 4k 60 hz tv. Win 10 home.

Ryzen Rig 2017: Gigabyte X370 K7 F50d bios. Ryzen 5800X3D :). 2 x 8 ddr4 3600 (@3200) Cas 16 Gskill. Sapphire Vega 64 Reference Cooler Cats 22.4.1. 1700 mhz @1.1v. Soundblaster X Ae5, 32" Dell S3220DGF 1440p Freesync Premium Pro monitor, Kingston A2000 1TB NVME. 4 TB HGST NAS HD. Win 11 pro.

Ignore List: Keystone, Andino... -My Baron, he wishes to inform you that vendetta, as he puts it in the ancient tongue, the art of kanlee is still alive... He does not wish to meet or speak with you...-
"Either half my colleagues are enormously stupid, or else the science of darwinism is fully compatible with conventional religious beliefs and equally compatible with atheism." -Stephen Jay Gould, Rock of Ages.
"The Intelligibility of the Universe itself needs explanation. It is not the gaps of understanding of the world that points to God but rather the very comprehensibility of scientific and other forms of understanding that requires an explanation." -Richard Swinburne

www.realitysandwich.com

www.makepovertyhistory.org
pax is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Oct 2, 2021, 04:10 PM   #274
LordHawkwind
Harbinger of Doom

LordHawkwind once held a door open for a complete strangerLordHawkwind once held a door open for a complete strangerLordHawkwind once held a door open for a complete stranger

ATI Technologies

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill dennison View Post
that says Q1 23 for the big dogs
7800/7900 XT

they want to go after NV it looks like
So you've finally accepted it's Q1 2023 then . Lisa Su said this week she only sees supply/demand harmonising in H2 2022 so Q1 2023 makes sense for RDNA 3. If it's any good and reasonably priced it might pique my interest enough to consider buying it.

Now the golf season is over I'll be spending my nights gaming between my PC and XSeriesX. Bring it on.
Ryzen 7 3800X, ASUS Prime X470 Pro, KFA2 RTX 3090 SG, 16GB Crucial DDR4 LPX 3000 Ram, iiyama G-Master GB3466WQSU 3440x1440 freesync 144hz, 250gb Samsung SSD, 750mb Seagate SSHD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda H/D, 1 TB Samsung H/D, 850w PSU, Windows 10
LordHawkwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5, 2021, 10:30 AM   #275
Nascar24
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra

Nascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled with

So much for msrp, microcenter is selling a 6900XT for $2200, who the hell is paying these stupid prices! I wasn't happy spending $100 extra on a dam 1650.
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5, 2021, 10:45 AM   #276
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nascar24 View Post
So much for msrp, microcenter is selling a 6900XT for $2200
Yeah, F that!

yoz
Old Oct 5, 2021, 11:02 AM   #277
bill dennison
Rage3D Spammer

bill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
So much for msrp, microcenter is selling a 6900XT for $2200, who the hell is paying these stupid prices! I wasn't happy spending $100 extra on a dam 1650.
https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...68.PbxehOTwBek
Old Oct 6, 2021, 12:51 PM   #278
Gandalfthewhite
Hardware Enthusiast

Gandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled with

Subscriber

the ryzen 3 3d and ryzen 3 xt setup doesnt make sense to me unless the price of ryzen 3 3d is going to be higher than many were thinking.

HOURGLASS = most appropriate named ICON/CURSOR in the Windows world :-)

In a dank corner of ATI central, the carpet covered with corn flakes, the faint sound of clicking can be heard........Click......click, click............as the fate of the graphics world and the future of the human race hangs in the balance.

I know....I know........Keep my day job :-)- catcather
Gandalfthewhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7, 2021, 12:07 AM   #279
pax
Rage3D Spammer

pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iv3XtrXPr1A

Looks like Navi 3 will have 75 tflops which is ~3x what the 6900xt has at 23 tflops...

Piledriver Rig 2016: Gigabyte G1 gaming 990fx. FX 8350 cpu. XFX RX 480 GTR Cats 21.6.1, SoundBlaster ZXR, 2 x 8 gig ddr3 1866 Kingston. 1 x 2tb Firecuda seagate with 8 gig mlc SSHD. Sharp 60" 4k 60 hz tv. Win 10 home.

Ryzen Rig 2017: Gigabyte X370 K7 F50d bios. Ryzen 5800X3D :). 2 x 8 ddr4 3600 (@3200) Cas 16 Gskill. Sapphire Vega 64 Reference Cooler Cats 22.4.1. 1700 mhz @1.1v. Soundblaster X Ae5, 32" Dell S3220DGF 1440p Freesync Premium Pro monitor, Kingston A2000 1TB NVME. 4 TB HGST NAS HD. Win 11 pro.

Ignore List: Keystone, Andino... -My Baron, he wishes to inform you that vendetta, as he puts it in the ancient tongue, the art of kanlee is still alive... He does not wish to meet or speak with you...-
"Either half my colleagues are enormously stupid, or else the science of darwinism is fully compatible with conventional religious beliefs and equally compatible with atheism." -Stephen Jay Gould, Rock of Ages.
"The Intelligibility of the Universe itself needs explanation. It is not the gaps of understanding of the world that points to God but rather the very comprehensibility of scientific and other forms of understanding that requires an explanation." -Richard Swinburne

www.realitysandwich.com

Old Oct 7, 2021, 07:45 AM   #280
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by pax View Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iv3XtrXPr1A

Looks like Navi 3 will have 75 tflops which is ~3x what the 6900xt has at 23 tflops...
And he's an authority on this?

yoz
Old Oct 7, 2021, 08:49 AM   #281
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Sasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
And he's an authority on this?
Dont you know?
Youtubers and internets are far greater sources of ACCURATE information than so-called tech insiders and tech workers.....
AMD Ryzen 5 2600X @ 3.6ghz
Asus Prime B450M A/CSM
2 x 8GB G-Skill DDR4 2666
Dell E2210 (22" widescreen) monitor + Asus Dual Radeon RX 6600
Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200.12 SATA
Seagate Barracuda 2TB SATA
Sennheiser PC350 Xense edition headset
Sasquach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7, 2021, 09:19 AM   #282
pax
Rage3D Spammer

Its originally from Paul at Redgamingtech who has been a reliable leaker... I shouldve linked that I suppose.

www.realitysandwich.com

Old Oct 7, 2021, 09:58 AM   #283
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
Its originally from Paul at Redgamingtech who has been a reliable leaker... I shouldve linked that I suppose.
Ya think?

yoz
Old Oct 7, 2021, 11:34 AM   #284
Nascar24
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra

Nascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled with

lol, I happened to goto the AMD store 15 mins. before a drop. Get in line, 1 hour till you have access to the store, 5 mins later the line closes, all graphics cards sold out.

Billy be ready to pay 3K for your 7900XT!
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7, 2021, 12:01 PM   #285
bill dennison
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
lol, I happened to goto the AMD store 15 mins. before a drop. Get in line, 1 hour till you have access to the store, 5 mins later the line closes, all graphics cards sold out.

i doubt it

1500 maybe now NV's first MCM card Hopper card maybe a 3k or 4k Titan ( but the cheaper ti will be out soon after ) but at this point AMD can't command those high prices like NV can and they know it
without shortages and they should be well over by Q1 2023
and prices should return more to normal after they stop GPU ethereum mining at the end of the year - hopefully
Old Oct 7, 2021, 01:35 PM   #286
pax
Rage3D Spammer

Ya but the next coin under ethereum will probably take up the slack... what a waste of good silicon. And energy.

www.realitysandwich.com

Old Oct 7, 2021, 04:18 PM   #287
bill dennison
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
Ya but the next coin under ethereum will probably take up the slack... what a waste of good silicon. And energy.
well infinity cache cut the hash rate on the 6000's
they are not much better mining than the 5000's

hopefully MCM Chiplets and infinity cache do even more so
Old Oct 7, 2021, 04:48 PM   #288
LordHawkwind
Harbinger of Doom

LordHawkwind once held a door open for a complete strangerLordHawkwind once held a door open for a complete strangerLordHawkwind once held a door open for a complete stranger

ATI Technologies

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill dennison View Post
i doubt it

1500 maybe now NV's first MCM card Hopper card maybe a 3k or 4k Titan ( but the cheaper ti will be out soon after ) but at this point AMD can't command those high prices like NV can and they know it
without shortages and they should be well over by Q1 2023
and prices should return more to normal after they stop GPU ethereum mining at the end of the year - hopefully
I hope you're right about the price of a 7900 but I think it's going to be Ł$2,000+ and if you look at some 'leakers' who might know nothing they all agree the same. You don't get that kind of performance jump cheaply it comes with a premium price tag.

AMD are in the business of making money and satisfying shareholders just like Nvidia, nothing different really, both want to make the most profit they can. They don't want to be your friend they both want to sell you the highest priced graphics card you can afford. Simples.

Off topic I hope your dad is OK. My wife and I are off to London next week to visit our daughter and our first grandchild. Can't stop smiling since since our grand daughter was born. Family is precious.
Ryzen 7 3800X, ASUS Prime X470 Pro, KFA2 RTX 3090 SG, 16GB Crucial DDR4 LPX 3000 Ram, iiyama G-Master GB3466WQSU 3440x1440 freesync 144hz, 250gb Samsung SSD, 750mb Seagate SSHD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda H/D, 1 TB Samsung H/D, 850w PSU, Windows 10
Old Oct 7, 2021, 09:26 PM   #289
pax
Rage3D Spammer

The 6900 isnt moving much at that price and neither will the 7900. I see stock of the 6900 all the time now.

www.realitysandwich.com

Old Oct 8, 2021, 12:47 AM   #290
bill dennison
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
The 6900 isnt moving much at that price and neither will the 7900. I see stock of the 6900 all the time now.
if it is even 2x faster than a 6900 let alone 3x and they have fixed ray tracing performance to match NV 4080 ti/4090
with the bigger infinity cache it would be a good 4k card and it would sell at about 1200 reference to 1600 for the better top after market cards

all depending on power draw and thermal output

the NV 4080 ti will most likely be 1300 to 2000 and the 4090 could go back to titan prices of 3k+
Old Oct 8, 2021, 03:47 PM   #291
pax
Rage3D Spammer

Id buy a 7900 at 1200 real quick with the kind of leaks we are seeing. But 2k or more I just cant.

www.realitysandwich.com

Old Oct 8, 2021, 04:09 PM   #292
LordHawkwind
Harbinger of Doom

ATI Technologies

Quote:
Id buy a 7900 at 1200 real quick with the kind of leaks we are seeing. But 2k or more I just cant.
$1,200 is a pipe dream. All depends on where it's 2x or 3x faster. If's it ray tracing only maybe $1,500 but if it's rasterization as well then $2,000 will be cheap. The 6900 costs $1,000 so if the 7900 is 2x or 3x faster then $2,000 is the minimum you're going to have to pay. Just my 2C's.
Old Oct 8, 2021, 05:19 PM   #293
pax
Rage3D Spammer

Well 6900xt is 1000 msrp but its retailing at 2400-4k here CAD. But I dont see how they can justify doubling msrp in one gen. Sure if the silicon scarcity continues itll be crazy priced retail again at 2k or more but not msrp.

www.realitysandwich.com

Old Oct 8, 2021, 06:18 PM   #294
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

They'll push the boundary to see where people finally give up. We haven't hit that point yet *strokes 3080TI strix for $2K MSRP*
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9, 2021, 09:45 AM   #295
Nagorak
Incarnation of the Nether

Nagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwards

Quote:

If you want a shot at it you really need to use the Multi-Account Containers extension for Firefox and open multiple tabs. Each container counts as a different "device" essentially. So, you can get a total of 6 out of one Firefox browser (1 normal, 4 containers, 1 private). On top of that you can get another 2 each out of Edge and Chrome if you have time. I don't know, maybe you can get a couple more out of Opera or other minor browsers? (This trick was linked by someone on this forum, but I'm too lazy to go back and find the post.)

I managed to get an order for a 6900XT in a few weeks ago, but then my credit card company cancelled it due to suspected fraud. And I managed to get another 6800XT order to go through Thursday (went with PayPal this time straight from bank account). I may have partially got lucky, but I also multiplied my luck by 6 by using multiple containers (first tab didn't hit either time).

If you have multiple computers you can start even more sessions, but you only have a limited amount of time before the event starts, and then you'd have to run around to every single one to see if any of them hit. Personally I did not find that all that practical as there's simply not enough time to do that many Captchas.

On another note, each time I succeeded in buying from the store, they had changed something up about the buying operation, first time adding Captchas, last time adding an e-mail address entry. So, it's possible that those threw the bots off enough for me to squeak through while only gaming the system as much as humanly possible.

It's actually kind of ridiculous, but when I got into the store my heart was literally pounding because I was so anxious about it going through! What a silly time we live in! It's like winning the lottery just to buy a damn GPU at MSRP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
They'll push the boundary to see where people finally give up. We haven't hit that point yet *strokes 3080TI strix for $2K MSRP*
I think it's hard to say what the actual going price is since miners aren't very price sensitive. With mining out of the equation I don't think $1000+ GPUs would sell very well.
Nagorak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9, 2021, 09:56 AM   #296
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

$1000 GPUs sold great before mining. The 2080TI sold extremely well above $1000. The TITAN cards also sold quite well at $1200+.

I disagree. I think it's easy to tell that consumers have shown they'll spend in excess for computer hardware to fuel their hobby. The market will never go back to the way it was after the revelations these companies had during/after COVID.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Old Oct 9, 2021, 08:39 PM   #297
bill dennison
Rage3D Spammer

miners paying 1600+ for 1080 ti's is what got the 2080 ti price at 1199+

if GPU mining dies the prices will go back down a lot for all but the top end cards from each maker those may go down to 2080 ti prices
Old Oct 9, 2021, 08:42 PM   #298
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind

Trunks0 can recite pi backwardsTrunks0 can recite pi backwardsTrunks0 can recite pi backwardsTrunks0 can recite pi backwardsTrunks0 can recite pi backwardsTrunks0 can recite pi backwardsTrunks0 can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

Quote:
$1000 GPUs sold great before mining. The 2080TI sold extremely well above $1000. The TITAN cards also sold quite well at $1200+.

I disagree. I think it's easy to tell that consumers have shown they'll spend in excess for computer hardware to fuel their hobby. The market will never go back to the way it was after the revelations these companies had during/after COVID.
Not a vacuum though. Push it to high and to far outta reach and the market will shrink and the developers will stop seeing a reason to release at all on PC. Plus you sell more at lower prices, than high ones.

It's gotta be a balance or else it will vanish and consoles, which are already dominating, will be all that is left.

System:
Asus TUF Gaming X570-Pro - AMD Ryzen 7 5800x - Noctua NH-D15S chromax.Black - 32gb of G.Skill Trident Z NEO - Asus DRW-24F1ST DVD±RW - Samsung 850 Evo 250Gib - 4TiB Seagate - XFX MERC 308 Radeon RX 6600XT - Creative AE-5 Plus - Windows 10 64-bit
Trunks0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9, 2021, 09:35 PM   #299
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Sure, they'll go too far eventually, but they haven't yet. People are still gobbling up $900 6700XTs and $1000 3070s.
Old Oct 10, 2021, 02:59 AM   #300
Nagorak
Incarnation of the Nether

Nagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwards

Quote:

I don't know that it's actually true that the 2080 Ti sold "well". As far as I can tell it never got to be more than 1% on the Steam Hardware survey. It's way down the list on the current hardware survey, and if you go back to look at older time periods, it's the same.

Although I am sure each 2080 Ti was quite profitable, a relatively small number of them sold compared to the cheaper cards. The lion's share of the sales are 70 class or below. For that matter the 3060, 3060 Ti, 3070 and 3080 have all already supplanted 2080 Ti on the Steam survey. The only thing from 3000 series worse than 2080 Ti share is the 3090 (not counting 3080 Ti or 3070 Ti since they haven't been out long).

I think a distinction needs to be made between something "selling" and "selling well". Selling means the product actually makes sense to someone, but "selling well" has to mean getting more than 1% of market share. Reducing yourself to 1% of your sales base isn't going to result in huge profits, even if you jack the price up to $2000. There have to be much cheaper cards than that for there to even be a GPU market.

Quote:
Sure, they'll go too far eventually, but they haven't yet. People are still gobbling up $900 6700XTs and $1000 3070s.
I think the sales on Ebay and other online reselling sites don't provide an accurate picture of the whole GPU market. Sure the few hundred cards on there at any time sell, but that's out of tens of thousands of cards shipped overall.
Nagorak is offline   Reply With Quote