Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » General Hardware
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

General Hardware Talk about PCs/Macs, motherboards, CPUs, sound cards, RAM, hard drives, networking and everything else about computer hardware!

Old Sep 21, 2021, 02:31 PM   #61
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy8s View Post
Harder to get AND more costly when you can.
Yeah, seems like that's the way it'll be. What a pisser.

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2021, 02:36 PM   #62
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

The demand for rtx 4xxx and rx8xxx might be a bit lower since the sane people did their big nextgen upgrade with the 3xxx/7xxx series.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2021, 02:40 PM   #63
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangler View Post
The demand for rtx 4xxx and rx8xxx might be a bit lower since the sane people did their big nextgen upgrade with the 3xxx/7xxx series.
Some people upgrade every gen though.

yoz
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Sep 21, 2021, 02:40 PM   #64
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Yeah I can hold out upgrading for at least another 2-3 years I think.

Plenty happy with the performance I have right now. Also helps that I don't use a 4K display.
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2021, 02:42 PM   #65
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor_of_War View Post
Also helps that I don't use a 4K display.
Smart man!

yoz
Old Sep 21, 2021, 02:52 PM   #66
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
Smart man!
Revel in my 1440p peasantry.
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2021, 02:53 PM   #67
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Right there with you
Lazy8s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2021, 03:00 PM   #68
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy8s View Post
Right there with you
Threesome!!!

yoz
Old Sep 21, 2021, 03:01 PM   #69
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

You can kind of get away with running a 4k display at non-native resolutions, at least when it comes to games.
Old Sep 21, 2021, 03:07 PM   #70
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
You can kind of get away with running a 4k display at non-native resolutions, at least when it comes to games.
Or I can DSR a 1440p display to 4K when I have the extra room, like in Doom Eternal?

yoz
Old Sep 21, 2021, 03:09 PM   #71
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
That's what I'm doing with a cx55. It looks great, so no complaints here.
Lazy8s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2021, 03:16 PM   #72
badsykes
Radeon Arctic Islands

badsykes once held a door open for a complete strangerbadsykes once held a door open for a complete strangerbadsykes once held a door open for a complete strangerbadsykes once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Threesome!!!
I can get a way with 1080p ...
Old Sep 21, 2021, 03:20 PM   #73
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by badsykes View Post
I can get a way with 1080p ...
Just get away....

yoz
Old Sep 21, 2021, 03:24 PM   #74
Mangler
PC

When you think about it, a 4k displays are badsykes approved, as 1080p can be perfectly upscaled to 4k.
Old Sep 21, 2021, 04:24 PM   #75
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
When you think about it, a 4k displays are badsykes approved, as 1080p can be perfectly upscaled to 4k.

yoz
Old Sep 21, 2021, 04:25 PM   #76
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind

Trunks0 can recite pi backwardsTrunks0 can recite pi backwardsTrunks0 can recite pi backwardsTrunks0 can recite pi backwardsTrunks0 can recite pi backwardsTrunks0 can recite pi backwardsTrunks0 can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

With all the scaling tech's I think most people are going to be able to ride out the storm now.

System:
Asus TUF Gaming X570-Pro - AMD Ryzen 7 5800x - Noctua NH-D15S chromax.Black - 32gb of G.Skill Trident Z NEO - Asus DRW-24F1ST DVD±RW - Samsung 850 Evo 250Gib - 4TiB Seagate - XFX MERC 308 Radeon RX 6600XT - Creative AE-5 Plus - Windows 10 64-bit
Trunks0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2021, 11:59 AM   #77
Nascar24
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra

Nascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled with

Hell you cant even get a cheap card for a reasonable price these days. 1660's going for $450 to $600! A normal below $200 card.
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2021, 12:05 PM   #78
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nascar24 View Post
Hell you cant even get a cheap card for a reasonable price these days. 1660's going for $450 to $600! A normal below $200 card.
Insane...

yoz
Old Sep 22, 2021, 01:09 PM   #79
Nascar24
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra

Nascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
Insane...
Best I can find is a preorder from Amazon for $300 for a 1650 OC which is just slightly better then my HD7970. I think the lowest card I should be looking for is the 1660 super but not at these prices, maybe intel will really release their low end card at $200. Lol yea right!
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2021, 01:11 PM   #80
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nascar24 View Post
Best I can find is a preorder from Amazon for $300 for a 1650 OC which is just slightly better then my HD7970. I think the lowest card I should be looking for is the 1660 super but not at these prices, maybe intel will really release their low end card at $200. Lol yea right!
Yeah, not worth anywhere near that money.

yoz
Old Sep 22, 2021, 01:55 PM   #81
KAC
It might be gays!

KAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

I am getting calls to purchase 3060 and 3070 cards lol.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote