Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies Discussion forum for any graphics hardware not provided by AMD/ATI. Also place to discuss 3D technologies such as 3D Stereo, PhysX and other interesting developments/rumours in the 3D industry.

Old Jan 13, 2021, 03:17 PM   #1531
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Leprechaun
Radeon Arctic Islands

Leprechaun can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLeprechaun can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLeprechaun can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirBaron View Post
Hash rate is 92 at the mo, set Fan to 100% and it increased, seems my vram was too hot.
All my cards are 56-59c.
BTC qty is still the same as last week just less $$ obviously.
Old Jan 13, 2021, 08:12 PM   #1532
Dave
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Subscriber

My card is at 44c while mining, down to $7.25 a day, just broke $200 total mined since I started about 4 weeks ago.
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2021, 12:02 AM   #1533
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

SirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Yeah my card was at 54'c but backplate was fairly hot, plus the cards use vram more than anything on the card, and it's not like you can see the temps on those with software.

Since then it's been at 42'c, and backplate is pretty cool.
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jan 14, 2021, 12:30 AM   #1534
KAC
Dirty humans

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Yes, my TUF was also ramping up fan speed to 80% even when card was running at 52-54 C. My assumption is that it is really testing out the GDDR6X longevity with so much load. I personally think many 3080/3090 cards will have failed memory modules soon enough. I already noticed that I can no longer clock my card to +1350 MHz in Timespy as it starts artifacting.

Also for 5 bucks a day mining can eat my dick.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2021, 12:51 AM   #1535
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

SirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Anything above +700 will crash my pc, my sisters card can't even do +600
Old Jan 14, 2021, 11:12 AM   #1536
Leprechaun
Radeon Arctic Islands

Leprechaun can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLeprechaun can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLeprechaun can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Ya too many people telling stories of crazy memory overclocks while putting 50-60% power limit and putting core clock down. I can't overclock or underclock that much without hash rate tanking. I do worry about the VRAM temps
Old Jan 14, 2021, 12:22 PM   #1537
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

I have -200 + 600 70% power rating

92MH/s 237 watts

I cant wait for March to come around and then when it starts getting sunnier and longer days, cost free mining here I come.
Old Jan 14, 2021, 12:32 PM   #1538
Dave
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
My card is at 44c while mining, down to $7.25 a day, just broke $200 total mined since I started about 4 weeks ago.

Bitcoin is back to 40K, lol. Up to $220 from yesterday. Card is up to $8.50 a day now
Old Jan 14, 2021, 04:33 PM   #1539
Leprechaun
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Bitcoin is back to 40K, lol. Up to $220 from yesterday. Card is up to $8.50 a day now

So this 2.0 to 0.9 hashrate reduction hasn't happened? Still seems the same
Old Jan 14, 2021, 09:49 PM   #1540
Dave
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

Checked my memory temps in GPU-z (ICX card)

This is at +1000 on the mem
Old Jan 14, 2021, 09:55 PM   #1541
KAC
Dirty humans

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

People on EVGA forums are having their FTW3 cards make a final hurrah before dying. Just FYI. Mostly 3090s.

I think only demo has a FTW3 3090 afaik.
Old Jan 14, 2021, 11:11 PM   #1542
Leprechaun
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Checked my memory temps in GPU-z (ICX card)

This is at +1000 on the mem
Thanks, I checked mine, 58-76C for the memory. How are you keeping your card to cool?

@KAC. I have two 3090 that are the evga ftw3 ultra gaming, and 1 of the same 3080.
They dying cuz of mining? link?

edit: found link. People playing Halo and card dies.
If I put fan speed up I get 46-65C for memory. DDR6x is rated for up to 100C because apparently at 110C if fries

Last edited by Leprechaun : Jan 14, 2021 at 11:17 PM.
Leprechaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2021, 11:13 PM   #1543
KAC
Dirty humans

Not sure if they are dying because of mining. You can check EVGA forums.
I think the cause is unknown at this point.
Thread that I read https://hardforum.com/threads/nvidia...ost-1044886620
Old Jan 15, 2021, 06:30 AM   #1544
Dave
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leprechaun View Post
Thanks, I checked mine, 58-76C for the memory. How are you keeping your card to cool?

@KAC. I have two 3090 that are the evga ftw3 ultra gaming, and 1 of the same 3080.
They dying cuz of mining? link?

edit: found link. People playing Halo and card dies.
If I put fan speed up I get 46-65C for memory. DDR6x is rated for up to 100C because apparently at 110C if fries

I have the EVGA hybrid kit on my card. I'm guessing with the gpu being so cool that its heat isnt transferring over to the memory modules.
Old Jan 15, 2021, 10:27 AM   #1545
Leprechaun
Radeon Arctic Islands

I keep having 1 rig that mines zero BTC randomly most of the time. What's the reason?
Old Jan 15, 2021, 10:30 AM   #1546
KAC
Dirty humans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leprechaun View Post
I keep having 1 rig that mines zero BTC randomly most of the time. What's the reason?
Probably card is going to get killed soon.
But it might be a login issue. Nicehash was having some connectivity issues in some countries.
Old Jan 15, 2021, 11:14 PM   #1547
Leprechaun
Radeon Arctic Islands

"Note that unstable DAG generation causes permanently rejected shares until miner restart."

I found my answer by accident. Run stock clocks, mine for a minute. After, you can overclock. Rejects are very very low now.
Old Jan 16, 2021, 01:46 AM   #1548
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

Gunna leave mining until I get a 4080/5080 and can do dual minining, as with one GPU just really aint worth it, especially if my fans get worn out early.
Old Jan 16, 2021, 08:20 AM   #1549
Leprechaun
Radeon Arctic Islands

I always assumed bearings&motor would survive longer than the card would remain relevant.
Old Jan 16, 2021, 09:51 AM   #1550
KAC
Dirty humans

I am more concerned about memory giving up.
I also stopped mining completely.
Old Jan 16, 2021, 12:03 PM   #1551
Leprechaun
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
I am more concerned about memory giving up.
I also stopped mining completely.
That's a highly likely plausible concern
I put fan to zero to test and the miner basically gives you a message.
GPU #0 getting too hot, performance is degraded. It mines at less power and less MH/s to keep temps in control. Checking in Gpu-z the mem modules never go past 76c. Anyways lower than that with fans on.
Either way, see you when I'm crying in a few months
Old Jan 16, 2021, 12:11 PM   #1552
KAC
Dirty humans

I don’t think it is about temps of memory chips but the components that control the memory. If I remember correctly GN was disappointed in quality of components used in FTW3 cards. Asus TUF already has OK components for daily use. Pushing them this hard 24/7 is going to be a bad time.
Old Jan 16, 2021, 12:43 PM   #1553
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

The quality of the components on the FTW3 weren't low quality; Buildzoid would have liked to see more expensive VRM controllers that allow a higher switching rate, which helps for extreme OC/LN2. The FTW3 does not have any "low quality" components, and the video didn't say that.

No one knows how GDDR6X handles high temperatures for long periods of time yet. GDDR6 holds up pretty well, but as we've seen with the 3080/3090 under LN2, the memory chips really hate heat and are much more sensitive to it.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2021, 03:19 PM   #1554
Riptide
Avtomat Kalashnikova 1947

Riptide can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyRiptide can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Paranoia.

Keep it clean, keep it cooled, and it'll be fine.

Ryzen 5950X
32GB GSkill PC 3600
ASUS TUF X570
ASRock Phantom 6900 XT
Riptide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2021, 06:54 PM   #1555
Leprechaun
Radeon Arctic Islands

Won't know how the cards hold up for another few years until enough time has passed with enough of a sample size.

Has anyone every mined in a pool?
PPS vs pplns
What is your opinion?
Old Jan 17, 2021, 07:01 AM   #1556
KAC
Dirty humans

I tried pools once. The delta on an 8 1080 Ti rig was 1 dollar per day. Plus the pools had a habit of turning off or not allowing connection whenever they felt like. So I stopped using them. Nicehash is all I ever used.

For now given I am on an imported card I am not feeling like burning it to the ground especially since Asus will surely not honor warranty here in my country and finding a replacement will be a bitch.
Old Jan 17, 2021, 11:59 AM   #1557
Leprechaun
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
I tried pools once. The delta on an 8 1080 Ti rig was 1 dollar per day. Plus the pools had a habit of turning off or not allowing connection whenever they felt like. So I stopped using them. Nicehash is all I ever used.

For now given I am on an imported card I am not feeling like burning it to the ground especially since Asus will surely not honor warranty here in my country and finding a replacement will be a bitch.
That's perfectly valid. I'd be scared too if I couldn't find a replacement. I have zero idea on how to set a pool up with nicehash. The guides are all over my head.
Old Jan 17, 2021, 12:06 PM   #1558
KAC
Dirty humans

I was using some other software for pool mining. It was totally worthless.
Old Jan 22, 2021, 05:19 PM   #1559
Dave
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

Quote:

8 Days later, bitcoin at 33K, up to $250, card at about $8~ a day, 0.00743068 BTC mined total. If bitcoin was at $40K still I would be at $297.
Old Jan 22, 2021, 07:13 PM   #1560
Leprechaun
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
8 Days later, bitcoin at 33K, up to $250, card at about $8~ a day, 0.00743068 BTC mined total. If bitcoin was at $40K still I would be at $297.
I won't mention how many cards I have now. It's all your fault Dave.
I'm HODL as advised.