View Single Post
Old Oct 21, 2021, 05:51 PM   #229
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger View Post
That's Intel Win11 right? Just making sure the difference in experience with Munkus.
Yeah, my MBP is an i7 (forget the specific model but 8th gen), as is my new PC (11730).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
I mean they don't make much $$ off it, and I don't remember the last time I paid for a Windows key. It's been free upgrades.

Win11 still working phenomenal for my rig with no issues.
I wish that was the case here, I need PCs I do work on to work properly. If my desktop were gaming only I might consider keeping it through the teething problems, but I can't do that. Same with on Parallels Desktop on my MBP, I only use that for working in 3D CAD/CAM, so it needs to work well, which Windows 11 didn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munkus View Post
I'm using Win 11 ARM64 under Parallels 17.1 and it's just as snappy as Win 10 was. No speed issues at all (other than the fact that it's in a VM). I'm assigning 4 CPU cores and 8Gb RAM to the VM if that makes a difference.
ARM Windows is a different beast from x86. My 2020 MBP is a pretty high spec machine but performance on 11 was unacceptably slow, much slower than 10.
Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote