View Single Post
Old Oct 20, 2021, 06:40 AM   #7657
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Well, I wouldn't go that far though I do think the anti-EK movement at OCN is a bit extreme.

The fittings they make are solid, but a bit overpriced. Their CPU blocks outside of the Monarch are outclassed by other brands, GPU blocks are middle performers, and they have a lot of QC issues as well as problems with nickel flaking off and going zooming through your loop.

I have an EK block on my STRIX and some of the best water Delta performance out of anyone with an EK block on OCN. I got lucky it would seem with a block that was machined properly. Lots of people, especially with FTW3 blocks, showed proof of their EK block literally uneven from the factory causing bad core contact.

Doesn't help that their customer support will treat you like a criminal before they send you a replacement for anything. That's probably my main issue with EK. Nickel flakes off the block into your loop and they claim it's your fault even if you just ran distilled w/ inhibitors.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote