View Single Post
Old Aug 19, 2021, 12:08 PM   #10
drumphil
Radeon Volcanic Islands

drumphil can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultydrumphil can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Fidelizer had an effect on other high end cards ohter than Nu Audio.I had Asus Essence ST and PowerColor Devil HDX.As i told you i used free fidelizer for many years before buying pro paid version.
If fidelizer could actually reduce noise using the methods it claims are used to do this, and that made an audible difference to how those cards sounded, then their design was very poor.

But I can't see how the desired effect could be achieved using the methods they claim anyway.

Regarding noise from other internal components, like pumps, if your sound card doesn't filter or shield this out, the design is poor. More likely is noise from the pumps getting into the audio path due to ground loops.

I'll put money on it that no significant recording studio on the planet uses fidelizer. And that's where you're getting the audio from that you're listening to while deciding fidelizer makes and audible improvement.

It's a faulty solution that can't do what it claims, to a problem that has real solutions.

Human perception and preference is a funny thing. If you expect or want to hear a difference, chances are much higher that you will, even if there is no difference.

I believe your onkyo 9010 has a three prong power plug? And your computer does too? You got a ground loop. The connection between the safety ground's on the PSU's in computer and amp, and the audio ground between the sound card and the amp.

That will introduce noise into the system, that will vary with system load, but basically be there all the time to some level. The solution isn't to use software to reduce the system load in order to produce less noise, which can't really be done, and wouldn't make much difference anyway if you could. Breaking the loop would remove far more noise than fidelizer could, if it could do what it claims, which it can't. Playing around with process priorities could theoretically possibly, somewhat, maybe, make a tiny difference, semi plausibly, but much better to fix the ground loop that is responsible for allowing the vast majority of this noise into the audio signal path in the first place.

Most people have experienced ground loop noise without knowing what is the cause of the computer noise they hear. When you get into recording studios or radio studios, it quickly becomes apparent just how impossible it is to achieve low noise when you start connecting 10 things together, not just one computer and one amp, without eliminating ground loops. It's a common problem, but until you're faced with a situation where the noise is BAD, and you get rid of it by breaking a ground loop, only then do most people realize just how important it is to keeping noise out of your signal path.

12Bass: re: 9/11 nano-thermite conspiracy theory "Nanotermites... turns out it was a spelling error. Also explains the lack of explosions before the collapse."

Last edited by drumphil : Aug 19, 2021 at 12:42 PM.
drumphil is offline   Reply With Quote