View Single Post
Old Oct 10, 2021, 09:46 PM   #314
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by pax View Post
I read a bit on the 3090's frying with New World MMO and some with BF 2042 and apparently its not the software but the gpus that are simply running too hot and when games simply make use of more of the silicon it runs too hot... so 500w may already be too much.
Out of all the theories on what the cause is, what you just said has to be the worst one of them all

Plenty of info out on this already. Power limits are not being respected by New World for some reason, and mosfets/phases are literally exploding due to overvoltage. OCP is not kicking in properly, etc.

It's poor board design and poor overcurrent protection. Nothing to do with heat, but power/wattage and power delivery.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote