View Single Post
Old Nov 9, 2021, 06:01 PM   #354
bill dennison
Rage3D Spammer

bill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordHawkwind View Post
TBH BIll I have no idea what you are talking about. Me and electrics don't mix From a non techie perspective if it takes 2x power to improve performance then to me that is a massive fail from both sides. Aren't things meant to get smaller and more power efficient or have I missed something?

If a graphics card needs to come with a water block to cool it (not AIO) it's a massive statement of failure. It makes enthusiast gaming a niche of a niche and marginalises its appeal greatly. TBH count me out I'll stick with what I've got thank you.

Also if the 4090/7090 are this power hungry what about the next gen and so on. This will kill PC gaming far quicker than consoles will.
means i'm set up for up to 3 way SLI/CFX on both of two systems in one case running at the same time

i don't think even these new high watage GPU's will surpass 3 way sli 1080 ti that i bult it for when i had 980 sli and fury x cfx W/ a 1200 and 1050 watt PSU
i didn't know at the time they would kill SLI/CFX

the plug changes on PSU's will be a pain in the ass wonder if AMD will use NV's plug
bill dennison is online now   Reply With Quote