Rage3D Discussion Area

Rage3D Discussion Area (http://www.rage3d.com/board/index.php)
-   PC Gaming (http://www.rage3d.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   Sniper Elite 5 Announced! (http://www.rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?t=34049113)

Megaman Mar 14, 2019 07:10 PM

Sniper Elite 5 Announced!

Quote:

Rebellion dropped a lot of Sniper Elite news in its 2019 development update today. Not only did it confirm that Sniper Elite 5 is in development, it announced a remastered version of Sniper Elite V2 and a standalone Sniper Elite for VR devices.
https://www.pcgamer.com/sniper-elite...red-announced/

Also SE V2 remastered trailer

Hardwood Mar 15, 2019 07:57 AM

I could handle that if the price is right. I bought it discounted (as with all 4 SE versions) so I'm hoping the upgrade price is reasonable.

Megaman Dec 10, 2021 10:01 PM

https://www.pushsquare.com/news/2021...ps5-ps4-reveal

nutcrackr Dec 10, 2021 10:58 PM

SE4 was very good so looking forward to this. Bigger maps and better traversal is interesting.

Mangler Dec 11, 2021 05:42 AM

It's going to be a day one on game pass title.

Meteor_of_War Dec 11, 2021 08:08 AM

Nice, been waiting seemingly forever for news on SE5.

Love the series, they are fantastic and unique WWII games.

KAC Dec 11, 2021 10:35 AM

Must be exciting since I never played any of the game. Guess 5 is the number to start the series. :bleh:

Megaman Dec 13, 2021 04:46 AM

This title is set in France. Will have bigger maps and more ways to infiltrate.

Quote:

The creators promise that Sniper Elite 5 will have the largest, realistic and atmospheric locations in the history of the franchise. The game will have a new movement system that will open up new tactical possibilities, an advanced shooting system, a new weapon upgrade, an improved X-ray camera and a season pass.

https://www.aroged.com/2021/12/13/re...niper-elite-5/

nutcrackr Dec 13, 2021 07:52 PM

That aroged site has more ads than content. :yell:

Megaman Dec 13, 2021 08:03 PM

Gotta give these low funded websites who put blood sweat and tears into their work some air time.

Meteor_of_War Apr 12, 2022 08:49 AM

Pre-order for 25% off on GMG:

https://www.greenmangaming.com/games/sniper-elite-5-pc/

That's a pretty good pre-order discount. Might grab it today.

KAC Apr 12, 2022 10:45 AM

Game pass for life.

Meteor_of_War Apr 12, 2022 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KAC (Post 1338335439)
Game pass for life.

Until they remove a game you like and wanted to replay.

KAC Apr 12, 2022 11:11 AM

I never replay. I barely have time to play what I own.

Meteor_of_War Apr 12, 2022 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KAC (Post 1338335444)
I never replay. I barely have time to play what I own.

I know. Seriously Game Pass is great if you don't care about having the game forever. Not me though, I like knowing I can fire it up again years from now.

BTW its awesome SE5 is a day one Game Pass game.

nutcrackr Apr 12, 2022 11:12 PM

I own a lot of games but I almost never replay them. That's reserved for the truly amazing and if the game is that good, I'll just buy a copy on sale for like $20 a year later. Game pass ftw.

Meteor_of_War Apr 13, 2022 08:21 AM

Yeah the Game Pass model works fine for most. I just have an issue with it that I can't get past. Same reason why I still buy physical copies of movies I like and hold onto them forever. I hate the idea of the streaming services adding and removing content at will. I want to have control over things I buy so I know its always there when I want it.

KAC Apr 13, 2022 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meteor_of_War (Post 1338335564)
Yeah the Game Pass model works fine for most. I just have an issue with it that I can't get past. Same reason why I still buy physical copies of movies I like and hold onto them forever. I hate the idea of the streaming services adding and removing content at will. I want to have control over things I buy so I know its always there when I want it.

You are just old :bleh:.

Meteor_of_War Apr 13, 2022 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KAC (Post 1338335586)
You are just old :bleh:.

I'm not that old (yet) but I admit I do have an old fashioned mentality on things. That's for sure.

Big part of it though is I do replay/rewatch things many times and it can be years down the line when I do. Not everything of course but I like to know something will be there in my collection just in case I do.

OverclockN' Apr 13, 2022 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meteor_of_War (Post 1338335564)

I'm exactly the same. I buy physical if possible, always. PC is the only thing I do digital, and usually only through Steam. I replay/rewatch a good majority of the content I have at some point.

Meteor_of_War Apr 13, 2022 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OverclockN' (Post 1338335645)
I'm exactly the same. I buy physical if possible, always. PC is the only thing I do digital, and usually only through Steam. I replay/rewatch a good majority of the content I have at some point.

Yep, that's the same as me. You know how I am with retro games, borderline hoarder. Just need to have it in my hand. :lol:

Megaman Apr 28, 2022 06:55 AM

KAC May 28, 2022 12:31 PM

Not bad for a free game. Pushed through one mission. Sniped idiots all over the map. Ultimately got bored and didn’t do final side mission.

KAC May 29, 2022 06:15 AM

I am now going full rampage mode. Alarms, idiots trying to find me, leaving bodies behind. Killing everyone in my path. And the game completely breaks beautifully. :lol: Literally stood on a tower and people kept coming the stairs while I mowed them down. Maybe 10 in a row.

What a disaster of a game.

Meteor_of_War May 29, 2022 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KAC (Post 1338342324)
I am now going full rampage mode. Alarms, idiots trying to find me, leaving bodies behind. Killing everyone in my path. And the game completely breaks beautifully. :lol: Literally stood on a tower and people kept coming the stairs while I mowed them down. Maybe 10 in a row.

What a disaster of a game.

These games have always been that way.

To me it's more fun to challenge myself by completing levels without being detected.

Renocide May 29, 2022 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meteor_of_War (Post 1338342328)
These games have always been that way.

To me it's more fun to challenge myself by completing levels without being detected.

This is the way I play.

I also avoid just straight sniping when I can. I try to kill using the environment options the game gives you and trying to kill multiple enemies at once.

Good stuff. :)

KAC May 29, 2022 12:00 PM

Still running wild and rampaging my way through the game. 3 missions done. Game is pretty well done and shooting balls off soldiers never gets old.

Reminds me of Hitman series where once you go all out game completely breaks. Same here. So funny as they line up to get shot in the face!

nutcrackr May 29, 2022 05:26 PM

Good game, but a bit buggy and samey. Invasion mode is not very balanced. Mp has a few problems but can be fun in co-op. No-cross on the beachead map is probably the best online sniping I've played. Not as good as SE4 for me but still second best in the series.

Meteor_of_War May 30, 2022 09:04 AM

I decided to hold off on the game for now, mainly because from the reviews and gameplay I've seen its ultimately not much different than the last game. The new invasion/multiplayer stuff might be an advancement but I'm not really interested in that, so to me its essentially an add-on to SE4. I think they reached the pinnacle of Sniper Elite with part 4.

Fun still I'm sure, but I'll just hold off until it gets patched and cheaper.

Dungeoncrawler May 30, 2022 06:05 PM

I installed this via game pass. Played the first tutorial mission and promptly uninstalled the thing. I can no longer overlook atrocious AI. I later watched a person play who literally did nothing but whistle their way through multiple missions. No thanks.