Rage3D Discussion Area

Rage3D Discussion Area (http://www.rage3d.com/board/index.php)
-   Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies (http://www.rage3d.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=65)
-   -   Nvidia RTX DLSS/Ray Tracing Discussion (http://www.rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?t=34049038)

acroig Mar 3, 2019 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bill dennison (Post 1338122080)

:lol:

NWR_Midnight Mar 3, 2019 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bill dennison (Post 1338122080)

:lol: I clicked on the link just as I was answering a call from my buddy, didn't even realize what was playing as I said hello and we started talking, till my buddy asked wtf I was listening to... :lol:

+1 for perfect timing.

Seyiji Mar 4, 2019 07:41 PM

Exposed Mar 4, 2019 08:47 PM

Pretty much confirms how ray tracing on is a very noticeable effect in Metro Exodus.

Also confirms 4k DLSS is basically on par with 1800p and he can't decide which is better.

Also confirmed that the new metro patch isn't just the old DLSS sharpened. It's a better reconstruction output overall, and there is more improvement coming from Nvidia with more training.

Personally I run with everything maxed at Ultra, including hairworks/advanced physics/tessellation/ RTX and then toggle on DLSS. I'm getting pretty much 60fps locked every where and with sharp, fantastic image quality on my 65" 4k display. I just left Volga and now in that part where everyone except that idiot Miller knew they were heading in a trap.

So, how are other Turing owners running Metro Exodus? At what settings/resolution, etc...? Are you happy with performance/iQ, etc?

I am with mine. That means I don't need to hear how to run my game/card from others who have no intention of buying a 2070/2080/2080Ti or yet another astonishing revelation of how 4k DLSS isn't *gasp* native 4k.

Exposed Mar 4, 2019 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seyiji (Post 1338122284)

500 error?

Seyiji Mar 4, 2019 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exposed (Post 1338122292)
500 error?

[yt]BhcnQGlDZ7I[/ytt]

A bit of a youtube/Rage freak out :yep:

Seems to have happened to other videos linked in other parts of rage as well. Every thing seems to work fine now.

Ziklitschli May 25, 2019 03:42 AM

RTX is great, not atm ofc but it's the way forward, and kudos to nV for paving the road.

DLSS on the other hand, how is that a selling point? The nerve of nV, "look how with our card you can downgrade your graphics to get better performance". Did Sony advertise PS4 Pro as "checkerboard 4k", did Microsoft advertise X1X as "variable 4k"? No they didn't, they are both "4k consoles" despite the fact that the former hardly ever reaches 3K horizontal, why, because those are not features but low quality necessities for closed systems to not be defined by worst case scenarios. It actualy kind of defeats the point of 4k, it's the oldest truth in LCDs, go native. I'd rather stay 2560x1440 tbh.

But but it's robots, it's a smart downgrade, it's learning... truth is, console games are full of those reconstuction, temporal, smart scalers tricks but even Guerilla didn't pull it off, 1st party dev for their own game on close system. Best wishes to nV but seems hardly likely that DLSS is ever going to get better than dev's own tricks. Looking at post process AA methods, those are here for years already but with every advancement to them comes a disadvantage ie TAA with its insane blur or ghosting (I've never minded the blur when it came to AA, TAA and friends are sth else though) - there are no miracles.

Last but not least, the naming, deep learning supersampling. Stop tainting the most beautiful word in IQ world with your filthy, consolish optimisations, nV.

LordHawkwind May 25, 2019 12:35 PM

Care to reply Exposed with a rational non abusive post???

Exposed May 25, 2019 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LordHawkwind (Post 1338134835)
Care to reply Exposed with a rational non abusive post???

This is like the third time I randomly found my name in one of your posts. Am I gonna have put a LordHawkwind filter to track your posts like how Luke Perry tracks every high school newspaper across the country that mentions his name?

Ziklitschli May 26, 2019 03:34 AM

Was I abused? Good then that I haven't seen it, there is no safe space for me anymore since I got married.

Should have read the thread first tbh, didn't know the topic is even controversial. So, 2/3 of native res is good enough now on PC? Is this a PS3 thread or sth.

Exposed May 26, 2019 11:59 AM

It's only controversial if you satisfy 2 of the 3 below criteria:

- Never experienced 4k DLSS with Metro Exodus
- Play games with a Vega 64 or slower GPU
- Named LordHawkwind :p

Meanwhile, the rest of us that actually own the cards and played Metro Exodus with DLSS knows how good the implementation can be if done right.

4k DLSS with Metro is much better than native 1440p, closer to 90% of the IQ of 4k with the newest patch. Otherwise, feel free to play Metro Exodus at native 4k at 30 fps. No one is forcing you to turn DLSS on.

Dungeoncrawler Jul 14, 2019 03:58 AM

Quote:

NVIDIA GeForce RTX2080 runs Crysis 3 with Reshade Ray Tracing with 60fps at Very High/1080p
https://www.dsogaming.com/videotrail...p/#more-127648

Exposed Jul 15, 2019 10:21 AM

Hey I didn't know about this before but you can download the Atomic Heart ray tracing demo.

https://mundfish.com/en/rtxtechdemo/

acroig Jul 15, 2019 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dungeoncrawler (Post 1338142475)

Would love to try that on my rig, I don't suppose that's available for download?

Dungeoncrawler Jul 16, 2019 01:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acroig (Post 1338142593)
Would love to try that on my rig, I don't suppose that's available for download?

According to someone on their discord server its still behind a paywall ($20) :(

acroig Jul 16, 2019 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dungeoncrawler (Post 1338142695)
According to someone on their discord server its still behind a paywall ($20) :(

Crap.

LordHawkwind Jul 16, 2019 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exposed (Post 1338134925)
It's only controversial if you satisfy 2 of the 3 below criteria:

- Never experienced 4k DLSS with Metro Exodus
- Play games with a Vega 64 or slower GPU
- Named LordHawkwind :p

Meanwhile, the rest of us that actually own the cards and played Metro Exodus with DLSS knows how good the implementation can be if done right.

4k DLSS with Metro is much better than native 1440p, closer to 90% of the IQ of 4k with the newest patch. Otherwise, feel free to play Metro Exodus at native 4k at 30 fps. No one is forcing you to turn DLSS on.

:up: :lol: :up: :lol: Once again this is your subjective unscientific opinion. Less than 0.1% of people game at 4K with a 2080ti so exactly who cares?

bill dennison Jul 16, 2019 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LordHawkwind (Post 1338142798)
:up: :lol: :up: :lol: Once again this is your subjective unscientific opinion. Less than 0.1% of people game at 4K with a 2080ti so exactly who cares?

we do

and we are the only ones that matter :p

and it is 1.61% at 4k
and .40 with 2080 ti's on steam more than vega's .26
https://store.steampowered.com/hwsur...lcome-to-Steam

LordHawkwind Jul 16, 2019 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bill dennison (Post 1338142802)
we do

and we are the only ones that matter :p

and it is 1.61% at 4k
and .40 with 2080 ti's on steam more than vega's .26
https://store.steampowered.com/hwsur...lcome-to-Steam

OK so your saying that the steam survey is scientific proof? :lol: :up: It's a sad joke but obviously you don't get it.

Please tell me why Nvidia are releasing the "Super" cards if the Turing launch was so successful? Or are they doing it because they have so many chips they can't sell that they had to do something or write off the inventory. I bet those people who originally bought the 2060/2070 are really happy right about now.

Let's not forget the Navi cards are beating 2060/70 performance even without Ray tracing and DLSS. Nvidia needed to basically upgrade them to 2070/2080 cards to make them compete and certainly with the 2070S it's $100 more for not much more performance. Read the reviews.

Maybe Emperor Huang needs to drop prices on the Super cards to compete lets see. Could be a good win for us consumers :lol:

Nunz Jul 16, 2019 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LordHawkwind (Post 1338142809)
please tell me why Nvidia are releasing the "Super" cards if the Turing launch was so successful? Or are they doing it because they have so many chips they can't sell that they had to do something or write off the inventory. I bet those people who originally bought the 2060/2070 are really happy right about now.

They released the Super cards because AMD released the 5700 series and they wanted to mess with any momentum AMD might have gained; and it worked. The Super cards pushed prices down and made things more affordable; whats to complain about?

Why would 2060/2070 owners be mad that a refresh card came out almost a year later that is faster? Welcome to the computer world, that's how it works.

Quote:

Let's not forget the Navi cards are beating 2060/70 performance even without Ray tracing and DLSS. Nvidia needed to basically upgrade them to 2070/2080 cards to make them compete and certainly with the 2070S it's $100 more for not much more performance. Read the reviews.
No ****, a card released in 2019 with less features is beating/tying a 2018 GPU; shocker, I guess? The 20xx series was due for a refresh now that it's been out for almost a year. Come on man, you're making yourself look foolish.

acroig Jul 16, 2019 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nunz (Post 1338142815)
Come on man, you're making yourself look foolish.

He's been trolling this forum for quite a bit now.

Exposed Jul 16, 2019 05:39 PM

Well, I wouldn't say beating a 2060 is a mighty big accomplishment. :bleh:

Also, I did read the reviews and the 2070S is consistently faster than Navi across the board. That extra premium, if it's worth it to you, would be the RTX features. Playing Metro Exodus at 1440p with ray tracing on is certainly going to be more pleasing visually than without. But if you don't care about that, more power to you.

Mind you this overall is just the battle of the slow cards. I would think anyone here would desire at least 2080 level performance for gaming, not 2060/2070.

Seyiji Jul 16, 2019 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acroig (Post 1338142817)
He's been trolling this forum for quite a bit now.

Mad at AMD so he takes it out on Nvidia ssss>~

SIrPauly Jul 17, 2019 09:07 AM

Quote:

OK so your saying that the steam survey is scientific proof? :lol: :up: It's a sad joke but obviously you don't get it.

Please tell me why Nvidia are releasing the "Super" cards if the Turing launch was so successful? Or are they doing it because they have so many chips they can't sell that they had to do something or write off the inventory. I bet those people who originally bought the 2060/2070 are really happy right about now.

Maybe Emperor Huang needs to drop prices on the Super cards to compete lets see. Could be a good win for us consumers :lol:

The Steam survey may not be as important as Jon Peddie or Mercury Research but is the largest gaming data base with breakdowns of the sku's.

I don't think Rtx was a seamless launch but Nvidia may still hold a commanding 80 percent share advantage.

The major reason for Super as Nunz pointed out was stronger competition from Amd.

bill dennison Jul 17, 2019 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SIrPauly (Post 1338142905)
The Steam survey may not be as important as Jon Peddie or Mercury Research but is the largest gaming data base with breakdowns of the sku's.

I don't think Rtx was a seamless launch but Nvidia may still hold a commanding 80 percent share advantage.

The major reason for Super as Nunz pointed out was stronger competition from Amd.

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/am...ked,39916.html

it will be interesting what something like a 5700 xt strix does

SSXeon Jul 17, 2019 09:52 PM

Quote:

Not saying Turing was as successful of a launch as Pascal, but it wasn't horrible. Usually having more time with a process will allow better chips to be produced (yeild, higher clocks, ect). Those people who bought those cards had a year with them, usually refreshes or next gen cards come in a 1 year cycle. It's been that way forever, litterally.

Quote:

Depending on the game. Forza 4 and a few other games the Navi chips are amazing. It always comes down to what game you are invested in to make a choice. And BTW the 2070 Super is almost 2080 level of performance for $500, I guess that's not much more performance. :lol: The 2080 Super should be at 10% more performance than the 2080, at pretty much a lower price (most 2080s are $750-800). That's a win IMHO.

Buy a 5700XT they seem pretty good except for the piss poor stock cooler, AIBs will have better ones. I really do hope the 5800/5900s are awesome when they launch. AMD needs to do to Nvidia what they did to Intel with the Zen 2 CPUs. Competition is always great, always. :)

acroig Jul 18, 2019 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SSXeon (Post 1338143008)
I really do hope the 5800/5900s are awesome when they launch. AMD needs to do to Nvidia what they did to Intel with the Zen 2 CPUs. Competition is always great, always. :)

Seconded.

Megaman Jul 21, 2019 07:27 PM

Though I'd just put this here for reference:

Every game with confirmed GeForce RTX Ray-Tracing support

Assetto Corsa Competizione
Atomic Heart
Battlefield V
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (2019)
Control
Cyberpunk 2077
Enlisted
Justice