Rage3D Discussion Area

Rage3D Discussion Area (http://www.rage3d.com/board/index.php)
-   Motoring (http://www.rage3d.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=121)
-   -   Car ADD Part 2 - Electric Boogaloo (http://www.rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?t=34053081)

Clockwork Sep 3, 2021 07:38 PM

Car ADD Part 2 - Electric Boogaloo

So I panicked and cancelled my last order due to trade in concerns and the Tesla Vision news. However after reading more and watching some videos as well as seeing improvement via software updates, I decided to put in an order again yesterday.

I did change up my configuration:

- Model 3 Performance
- Pearl White
- Premium White Interior

They gave me the actual trade offer today, which I then approved via my Tesla account. It was the same as before, which is $1000 more than I paid for my Supra brand new.

I also ordered the Tesla Wall Connector w/ 24ft cord which I will have installed in my garage. It was $500 but my Utility Company gives a $400 incentive and there are other tax credits available as well.

Now I am just waiting for my VIN assignment and delivery date so everything can be buttoned up and finalized.

logical Sep 3, 2021 08:00 PM

Pics when you get it :up:

KAC Sep 4, 2021 02:16 PM

How do you maintain a white interior?
Congrats on a good buy. Dual motor version? Assuming performance means that.

Clockwork Sep 4, 2021 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KAC (Post 1338304376)
How do you maintain a white interior?
Congrats on a good buy. Dual motor version? Assuming performance means that.

Only the seats and some trim pieces are white. Otherwise...very carefully? LOL

There are 3 models here:

RWD (single motor)
- Standard Range Plus (262 mile range, 0-60 in 5.3 sec, 140mph top speed)

AWD (dual motor)
- Long Range (353 mile range, 0-60 in 4.2 sec, 145mph top speed)
***Note: You can buy Acceleration Boost ($2000) for the Long Range which will take the 0-60 down to 3.7 seconds.

- Performance (315 mile range, 0-60 in 3.1 sec, 162mph top speed)

With the Performance you also get:
- 20’’ Überturbine Wheels
- Performance Brakes
- Carbon fiber spoiler
- Aluminum alloy pedals
- Lowered suspension

It also has "Track Mode" which is explained in this link:

https://www.tesla.com/support/track-mode

Anyway, I hope it comes sooner rather than later. But at least it gives me some time to prep (wall connector installation, ordering winter wheels/snow tires, etc.)

logical Sep 4, 2021 04:11 PM

Which version did you get?

Clockwork Sep 4, 2021 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by logical (Post 1338304393)
Which version did you get?

It's in the OP.

Greasy Sep 4, 2021 05:37 PM

I've never thought about putting snow tires on a Tesla. All that power at once should be interesting in the snow. I can't wait to see pics, and hear your thoughts on owning one in a cold climate.

Congrats on the new ride.

Lazy8s Sep 4, 2021 05:58 PM

I watched a couple of track tests. It's surprising to say the least. Color me intrigued. Looking forward to your impressions of it.

Clockwork Sep 4, 2021 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greasy (Post 1338304404)
I've never thought about putting snow tires on a Tesla. All that power at once should be interesting in the snow. I can't wait to see pics, and hear your thoughts on owning one in a cold climate.

I will probably set it to "Chill mode" once the snow comes. That should help a little.

https://www.practicalenvironmentalis...la-chill-mode/

Clockwork Sep 6, 2021 03:42 PM

Estimated delivery date changed today from October 30 - November 29 to September 18 - September 28.

Yay!

Silent-Runner Sep 6, 2021 04:22 PM

still not convinced it was a good idea, but hey it's your money. Hope you'll have a blast with it!

Sasquach Sep 7, 2021 10:57 AM

grats.

KAC Sep 7, 2021 11:29 AM

:Pics:

huskylord Sep 8, 2021 09:15 AM

Whoa...better get that wall charger in!
Awesome and congrats.

Clockwork Sep 8, 2021 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by huskylord (Post 1338304794)
Whoa...better get that wall charger in!
Awesome and congrats.

I have an electrician coming at 2pm today for an estimate. The Wall Connector is on its way and should be delivered Saturday.

huskylord Sep 8, 2021 11:11 AM

Awesome. My delivery got moved up between Dec 15 and Jan 5th.
I want to do some research on whether to get the Tesla charger or go with a 3rd party charger (in case we don't stick with Tesla and eventually go with another EV)

Clockwork Sep 8, 2021 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by huskylord (Post 1338304824)
Awesome. My delivery got moved up between Dec 15 and Jan 5th.
I want to do some research on whether to get the Tesla charger or go with a 3rd party charger (in case we don't stick with Tesla and eventually go with another EV)

With an adapter the Wall Connector can be used with other EVs. I can definitely understand keep options open and doing your research if you contemplate having a vehicle from another manufacturer at some point in the future.

I decided to request installation quotes from 3 different electricians so I do not have any dollar estimates yet. The first one made notes on an iPad, explored the house layout, and took pictures, but it will be a day or two before I have a dollar amount.

Clockwork Sep 9, 2021 05:26 PM

I am one step closer. I just got my email with my VIN assignment.

huskylord Sep 10, 2021 06:46 AM

Have you planned your first victim for the seat whoopie cushion app?

huskylord Sep 10, 2021 06:55 AM

Are you also getting winter tires?

Clockwork Sep 10, 2021 07:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by huskylord (Post 1338305127)
Are you also getting winter tires?

Yes, I am purchasing wheels and tires for winter. Even with AWD this car would be undrivable on the summer rubber.

Clockwork Sep 11, 2021 10:39 AM

Now my estimated delivery data changed to 9/17-9/23. I hope it is finalized soon and I have a hard date set. I have to drive to IL for my pickup/trade, as Wisconsin does not allow auto manufacturers to sell directly to consumers.

Nunz Sep 11, 2021 10:50 AM

AWD doesn't mean anything if you're on tires that slide and don't make good contact :lol: The Subaru community was always so oblivious .. "but it's AWD!!!" .. Yeah bud, you still need to have tires that can generate traction, though.

I had no idea Wisconsin doesn't allow direct sales to consumers. That sounds like a scam to me to keep dealerships in business. I'm sure tons of states do that, though.

Clockwork Sep 11, 2021 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nunz (Post 1338305330)
AWD doesn't mean anything if you're on tires that slide and don't make good contact :lol: The Subaru community was always so oblivious .. "but it's AWD!!!" .. Yeah bud, you still need to have tires that can generate traction, though.

I had no idea Wisconsin doesn't allow direct sales to consumers. That sounds like a scam to me to keep dealerships in business. I'm sure tons of states do that, though.

A year or two ago an exception almost passed for Tesla but the governor vetoed it. There is a lot of lobbying by the dealer associations to make sure it is as difficult for Tesla as possible. There is a showroom and service center in Milwaukee and one going up in Madison, but sales cannot take place at either location.

Tesla just got around it in New Mexico I believe by building the dealership on an Indian reservation.

Nunz Sep 11, 2021 01:01 PM

I mean, Tesla is just as evil as the dealerships and anyone else.. can't say I have any sympathy.

Clockwork Sep 11, 2021 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nunz (Post 1338305346)
I mean, Tesla is just as evil as the dealerships and anyone else.. can't say I have any sympathy.

Even if true, that doesn't mean the laws aren't severely outdated. I would be happy if I never had to step in a dealership or work with a salesman. Let me order my car how I want it from the comfort of my home and let it be delivered to my house without dealing with a middle man.

Some states allow this and Tesla can accommodate. Since I am in WI I pretty much have to jump through hoops.

Nunz Sep 11, 2021 01:32 PM

Yeah, I don't agree with the way your state has the laws set up, but like I said, I don't feel much sympathy. Tesla is doing plenty of shady ****.

I do agree, prices should be cheaper if we cut out the dealers and the middle-man, and manufacturers just had cars in lots that you could pick from off their website, or order one exactly how you want. Since we're a greedy society, even if we did transition to cutting the dealers out, prices wouldn't change anyway.

I don't see much value in dealerships, but I have had good experiences dealing with them thus far. I did have to get a little forceful with the Volkswagen dealership we went to as they kept trying to lowball me on trade-in value. If I tell you I want a $ value for the car, why did you come back four separate times with a lower number than what I said I wanted for it? You're just wasting our time. I wasn't even asking for anything crazy, and ultimately they gave me the number I wanted, but I told the salesman if he came back one more time trying to negotiate the trade-in, I'd walk out the door and go somewhere else. At that point we were $250 under the value I asked for .. that **** blew my mind.

Clockwork Sep 11, 2021 06:19 PM

I just received a delivery. Yay!

logical Sep 11, 2021 06:41 PM

Clockwork Sep 13, 2021 02:57 PM

Finalized my loan (sent payment to Tesla) and insurance today. I also ordered my winter wheels and snow tires. Nothing fancy on the wheels (18" MSW Type 73's) since they will see sand and salt. I went with Continental VikingContact 7's for the tires.