Rage3D Discussion Area

Rage3D Discussion Area (http://www.rage3d.com/board/index.php)
-   AMD Radeon Discussion and Support (http://www.rage3d.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   RDNA 3 Rumor Discussion (http://www.rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?t=34052049)

LordHawkwind Feb 27, 2021 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pax (Post 1338271478)
Well they say wafer production was increased by 40% in Dec due to demand. At some point between those who cant afford the current prices, millions are unemployed and more losing their jobs all the time at about a million a week in the US, and the satiating of consumer demand at the high end I dont see that taking a year.

I say by summer things will stabilize assuming no unusual production disruption.

Pax what do you mean by stabilize? At AMD's latest earnings call shareholders asked them why they wanted to produce more MBA cards at MSRP when they could sell them for far more and make more profit. Making big profits is AMD's & Nvidia's main aim, not selling cheap cards. Higher SKU margins mean bigger profits so win win for shareholders.

Whether we like it or not higher GPU prices are here to stay it would seem so we all need to just get used to the new normal.

pax Feb 27, 2021 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LordHawkwind (Post 1338271596)
Pax what do you mean by stabilize? At AMD's latest earnings call shareholders asked them why they wanted to produce more MBA cards at MSRP when they could sell them for far more and make more profit. Making big profits is AMD's & Nvidia's main aim, not selling cheap cards. Higher SKU margins mean bigger profits so win win for shareholders.

Whether we like it or not higher GPU prices are here to stay it would seem so we all need to just get used to the new normal.

A lot of gamers are not buying cards and are starting to look elsewhere now. I know I am. It may sound good for amd and nvidia to sell cards that are grossly overpriced, tho its more likely its the AIB's and retailers who are cashing in and not AMD from the latest rumors, but in the long run it can damage your business. Theres a reason why console makers sell at cost or even a loss around 500$. The console gaming market is near non existent at 1000$ or higher.

So good business sense would want the TAM to be fully adressed and not just the top 10-20%. If you abandon for too long or undeserve the lower 70-80% of the gpu market you can lose it. If anyone can really capitalize on this its intel. They can make silicon on a mass scale and if they can keep prices in the normal range where most people buy videocards they can grab huge market share away from both amd and nvidia.

AMD knows this.

bill dennison Apr 11, 2021 12:17 PM

Quote:

A Glimpse of RDNA 3 Graphics Architecture Based GPUs & APUs, AMD Patents Active Bridge Chiplet With Integrated Cache For Multi-Chiplet Designs
https://wccftech.com/a-glimpse-of-rd...et-gpu-design/

pax Apr 11, 2021 12:32 PM

Looks like they are adding integrated rdna to zen4 going forward as well so all apus like intel. No reason not to anymore I suppose as it doesnt impeed cpu perf.


bill dennison Apr 11, 2021 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pax (Post 1338279981)
Looks like they are adding integrated rdna to zen4 going forward as well so all apus like intel. No reason not to anymore I suppose as it doesnt impeed cpu perf.


yea

but if they are going to they should get it to do something with a AMD GPU Video card only to add support to the card

integrated crossfire

Trunks0 Apr 11, 2021 02:07 PM

Integrated crossfire existed in the past. A cool update to that might be a sort of async crossfire. With the ability to I don't know... encode video for streaming, post-processing... maybe a HQ scaler for instance....

Nunz Apr 11, 2021 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trunks0 (Post 1338279988)
Integrated crossfire existed in the past. A cool update to that might be a sort of async crossfire. With the ability to I don't know... encode video for streaming, post-processing... maybe a HQ scaler for instance....

Put only RT cores on the CPU.. :)

Nagorak Apr 12, 2021 01:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LordHawkwind (Post 1338271596)
Pax what do you mean by stabilize? At AMD's latest earnings call shareholders asked them why they wanted to produce more MBA cards at MSRP when they could sell them for far more and make more profit. Making big profits is AMD's & Nvidia's main aim, not selling cheap cards. Higher SKU margins mean bigger profits so win win for shareholders.

Whether we like it or not higher GPU prices are here to stay it would seem so we all need to just get used to the new normal.

I can't remember where, but I read an article that indicated AMD had shipped hardly any GPUs in Q4 2020, like way down from past years. They may be making money on the ones sold, but not selling very many. A lot of money is being left on the table because they can't even make the products.

Frankly it's still not clear to me how much of the current GPU problems are due to demand, and how much of it is just supply constraints. The EVGA step up queue is barely even moving, and while we don't know how many are in the queue, two week periods go by without any product being shipped to anyone. That sounds more like supply constraints to me than high demand. (High demand alone you'd see a few cards trickle out reliably, but the queue would still go slow because there are so many in it.)

acroig Apr 12, 2021 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nagorak (Post 1338280046)
I can't remember where, but I read an article that indicated AMD had shipped hardly any GPUs in Q4 2020, like way down from past years. They may be making money on the ones sold, but not selling very many. A lot of money is being left on the table because they can't even make the products.

Frankly it's still not clear to me how much of the current GPU problems are due to demand, and how much of it is just supply constraints. The EVGA step up queue is barely even moving, and while we don't know how many are in the queue, two week periods go by without any product being shipped to anyone. That sounds more like supply constraints to me than high demand. (High demand alone you'd see a few cards trickle out reliably, but the queue would still go slow because there are so many in it.)

Agreed.

pax Apr 12, 2021 02:14 PM

They're making less gpus than they used to but ASP's are higher:





https://www.tomshardware.com/news/gp...eration%20GPUs.


Quote:

In general, discrete desktop GPU shipments in 2020 totaled approximately 41.5 million units and exceeded shipments of graphics cards in 2019. That's likely due to AMD and Nvidia both selling out of previous generation cards, rather than significant numbers of the latest generation GPUs. Shortages constrained and continue to limit AIB sales, and it's difficult to estimate just how high the actual demand for standalone desktop GPUs was in 2020. Looking forward, there's still unmet demand, and the GPU and graphics card makers would need to produce plenty of products to keep up in 2021. Unfortunately, that's likely not possible, as the shortages continue to plague the industry.

bill dennison Apr 12, 2021 03:18 PM

get ready if mining is still going on when this next gen hits MSRP on both AMD & NV will be like the RTX 2000's not the 3000's

with 3080's selling for 2 and 3 times MSRP i'm sure the jacket is mad as a wet hen that they are losing all that cash

pax Apr 12, 2021 03:25 PM

Ya I very much doubt global production of discreet will exceed much the 40-45 million mark next year. They simply will prioritize pro cards. Like we saw today at the GTC from the jacket, and cpus that are much more profitable. Only console apus might be less profitable. But those contracts are volume oriented and force the gpus makers into supply agreements.

I dont see this getting better anytime soon now. I might say **** it at retirement and grab a ~grand from the severance pay for a gpu then I dont know. I think Id rather wait for next gen at this point. The 7000 Radeon series and 4000 RTX series are said to be huge improvements.

LordHawkwind Apr 14, 2021 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pax (Post 1338280136)
Ya I very much doubt global production of discreet will exceed much the 40-45 million mark next year. They simply will prioritize pro cards. Like we saw today at the GTC from the jacket, and cpus that are much more profitable. Only console apus might be less profitable. But those contracts are volume oriented and force the gpus makers into supply agreements.

I dont see this getting better anytime soon now. I might say **** it at retirement and grab a ~grand from the severance pay for a gpu then I dont know. I think Id rather wait for next gen at this point. The 7000 Radeon series and 4000 RTX series are said to be huge improvements.

You might have a long wait. This from Nvidia..https://wccftech.com/nvidia-gpu-shor...graphics-card/

And even worse from Intel ..https://www.washingtonpost.com/techn...chip-shortage/

So next Gen maybe very late 2022 or early 2023? Who knows. Personally I'm not bothered I'm just enjoying my 3090 in games with everything maxed out. Oh and my new all electric vehicle station wagon arrived and is brilliant. New GPU, CPU, Monitor and electric car in last four months or so. Not complaining.

bill dennison Apr 15, 2021 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LordHawkwind (Post 1338280469)
You might have a long wait. This from Nvidia..https://wccftech.com/nvidia-gpu-shor...graphics-card/

And even worse from Intel ..https://www.washingtonpost.com/techn...chip-shortage/

So next Gen maybe very late 2022 or early 2023? Who knows. Personally I'm not bothered I'm just enjoying my 3090 in games with everything maxed out. Oh and my new all electric vehicle station wagon arrived and is brilliant. New GPU, CPU, Monitor and electric car in last four months or so. Not complaining.

Quote:

NVIDIA Confirms That The Majority of PC Gamers Won’t Be Able To Buy A Gaming Graphics Card This Year, Shortages To Persist Throughout 2021
wonder why :hmm:
Quote:

Nvidia mining GPUs bring in three times more revenue than expected
https://www.techradar.com/news/nvidi...-than-expected


wonder what they are making more of now

LordHawkwind Apr 15, 2021 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bill dennison (Post 1338280564)
wonder why :hmm:

Miners aren't the only reason there are actually supply chain and component shortages as well.

https://www.techradar.com/news/nvidi...-than-expected

wonder what they are making more of now

It's called capitalism Bill and the American's claim to be good at it. Sell everything you can to whomever is willing to pay the highest prices. A miner's money is as good as a gamer's money after all. Companies want to make profits not friends.

The big question is where are all the AMD GPU's? Scott Herkelman promised AMD would supply the AIB's with enough chips to help them sell their cards at MSRP. That was in December. Never happened. He then said in January that AMD would keep on producing their own cards and sell them at MSRP. Never happened.

So what's going on? I would hazard a guess $ony & M$ have a lot to do with it. Also Zen 3. The thing is Radeon GPU's appear to be the last in line for AMD at the moment and they're just ducking the issue by refusing to make any comments. Miners or consoles it all adds up to the same thing.

bill dennison Apr 15, 2021 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LordHawkwind (Post 1338280630)
It's called capitalism Bill and the American's claim to be good at it. Sell everything you can to whomever is willing to pay the highest prices. A miner's money is as good as a gamer's money after all. Companies want to make profits not friends.

The big question is where are all the AMD GPU's? Scott Herkelman promised AMD would supply the AIB's with enough chips to help them sell their cards at MSRP. That was in December. Never happened. He then said in January that AMD would keep on producing their own cards and sell them at MSRP. Never happened.

So what's going on? I would hazard a guess $ony & M$ have a lot to do with it. Also Zen 3. The thing is Radeon GPU's appear to be the last in line for AMD at the moment and they're just ducking the issue by refusing to make any comments. Miners or consoles it all adds up to the same thing.

TSMC it's

water

https://www.datacenterdynamics.com/e...ient-reserves/

and auto industry then $ony & M$


...........

if i wanted to give up gaming for a year i could sell my 2080 ti Strix for 1750 :lol: :lol: :lol:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/ASUS-ROG-St...Cclp%3A2334524

pax Apr 15, 2021 09:20 PM

Well ****:


https://www.tweaktown.com/articles/9...ked/index.html

Quote:

AMD's new Navi 22-powered Radeon RX 6700 XT graphics cards are a kick ass GPU mining card, offering 44MH/s hash power at 120W.
Read more: https://www.tweaktown.com/articles/9...ked/index.html

pax May 3, 2021 08:16 PM

https://wccftech.com/amd-rdna-3-base...g-navi-rdna-2/

Quote:

It looks like AMD's next-generation RDNA 3 'Navi 3X' GPUs for Radeon RX Gaming graphics cards are going to feature a much bigger gen-over-gen performance increase. Following up on his AMD Navi 33 GPU story, KittyYuko has now revealed that the flagship Navi 31 GPU is going to be one insanely powerful chip.

AMD Navi 31 GPU With RDNA 3 MCM Design To Offer 3x Performance Uplift Over Big Navi 21 RDNA 2 GPU, Expected To Feature 160 Compute Units & Over 10,000 Cores
Like the Navi 33 GPU which we reported yesterday, the AMD Navi 31 GPU will also be based on the RDNA 3 (GFX11) GPU IP. The Navi 31 GPU will be replacing the current flagship Navi 21 GPU and will be almost twice as large considering that it is going to feature a dual-chiplet design. We all think of the current Big Navi (21) GPU being an insanely powerful chip but based on the rumors we are now hearing for the next-generation parts, the Big Navi (31) GPU is going to make us forget the existing parts.
https://wccftech.com/amd-rdna-3-navi...0-cores-rumor/

Kind of insane they are saying the lowest navi 3 sku is the same as the 6900xt.



Rumors have been pretty consistent for some time now that next gen is a big leap.

LordHawkwind May 4, 2021 04:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pax (Post 1338283696)
https://wccftech.com/amd-rdna-3-base...g-navi-rdna-2/



https://wccftech.com/amd-rdna-3-navi...0-cores-rumor/

Kind of insane they are saying the lowest navi 3 sku is the same as the 6900xt.



Rumors have been pretty consistent for some time now that next gen is a big leap.

This is the last paragraph from Pax's link.

"The AMD RDNA 3 'Navi 3' GPU lineup of Radeon RX graphics cards will be competing with NVIDIA's own MCM GPUs based on either the Ada Lovelace GPUs. As of now, the next-gen parts still aren't expected till the end of 2022 or early 2023 so treat this information with a slight grain of salt."

Not coming our way anytime soon.That high end Navi 3 ain't going to cost $£800. Might need to stick a £$1 in front at least.

Hapatingjaky May 5, 2021 06:30 AM

You heard it folks, 300% performance increase....:bleh:

More like 25%.

MCM designs are again going to come down to developer implementation. And considering that consoles still use a monolithic design this won't occur until the next gen of consoles. Or they release updated console skus like they did previously. But that's years out.

Nascar24 May 5, 2021 09:12 AM

Let the hype train begin, going to have to wait till those fabs are built to get one though.:bleh:

bill dennison May 22, 2021 01:04 PM

Quote:

NVIDIA Ada Lovelace ‘GeForce RTX’ & AMD RDNA 3 ‘Radeon RX’ Next-Generation GPUs Rumored To Be More Than Twice As Fast Than Ampere & RDNA 2
Quote:

It looks like AMD will take the lead by offering the first MCM-powered GPUs under its Radeon RX graphics card lineup. But at the same time, NVIDIA is expected to quickly transition to its Hopper MCM GPU lineup which will offer over 3x performance boost over Ampere GPUs.

Exposed May 23, 2021 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bill dennison (Post 1338286490)




acroig May 23, 2021 01:41 PM

🤣, haven't heard that one in ages.

bill dennison May 23, 2021 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exposed (Post 1338286610)



:p

but i hope it is true and they both are


bill dennison May 24, 2021 02:29 AM

Quote:

RDNA 3 DOUBLES Shaders & 4 Compute Chiplets

LordHawkwind May 25, 2021 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bill dennison (Post 1338286684)

Bill it's clickbait. Here's a definition.

"Clickbait is a text or a thumbnail link that is designed to attract attention and to entice users to follow that link and read, view, or listen to the linked piece of online content, with a defining characteristic of being deceptive, typically sensationalized or misleading."

It will also be monitised by how many views it gets and any ads it displays. Sadly this is the world of the internet where the incredibly stupid people believe the incredibly stupid things that they read online. I'm not saying you're incredibly stupid BTW it's just a generalisation.

bill dennison May 28, 2021 03:32 PM

Quote:

How to watch AMD’s Computex 2021 keynote and what to expect




https://www.digitaltrends.com/comput...hat-to-expect/

LordHawkwind Jun 10, 2021 04:47 PM

https://www.guru3d.com/news-story/am...n-q4-2022.html

Bill you might not like it but this seems a reasonable time frame Q4 2022 availability Q1 2023 maybe. Neither AMD or Nvidia have released the lower end models of current gen so this sounds about right.

It is what it is at the moment I'm afraid. Chip shortages meh.

SubCog Jun 10, 2021 07:04 PM

Honestly I think low-end GPUs are basically dead now. Since the industry has learned that they can make suckers like me pay $1000 for a mid-range card, we're pretty much toast.

Best we can hope now is that AMD starts to fill in some of that space with their APUs. That's probably where we were headed eventually, so I guess we may as well bit the bullet and do it now.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:10 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All trademarks used are properties of their respective owners. Copyright ©1998-2011 Rage3D.com