Rage3D Discussion Area

Rage3D Discussion Area (http://www.rage3d.com/board/index.php)
-   AMD Radeon Discussion and Support (http://www.rage3d.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Official 6x00 Stock Thread(or lack thereof) (http://www.rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?t=34051861)

GSGRUNT Nov 25, 2020 08:53 AM

Has anygay here got one yet?

Nascar24 Nov 25, 2020 10:59 AM

Prices seem generally higher then the 3080 cards. All kinds in the $800 and over range. Really believe they should be selling them at lower then the 3080 by $100, who am I kidding AMD is a Corporation just like The Jacket.:lol:

AllexxisF1 Nov 25, 2020 11:12 AM

In three months, there is gonna be so much stock of everything. :lol:

Some of the cards look sweet and I can't wait to pick one up in several weeks.

acroig Nov 25, 2020 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mangler (Post 1338247351)
I never imagined anyone beating nvidia when it came to the shitshow known as the 3xxx launch, congrats AMD!

And has lyin' Frank Azor paid up yet?

This, so true.....

Leprechaun Nov 25, 2020 11:33 AM

The obvious was pointed out to me.
Mark PAPERmaster works at AMD.
The trolling was built into this whole thing.

Treeckcold57 Nov 25, 2020 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AllexxisF1 (Post 1338247399)
In three months, there is gonna be so much stock of everything. :lol:

Some of the cards look sweet and I can't wait to pick one up in several weeks.

Yeah, that's what I would wait in a few months. Never would buy one within launch day.

pax Nov 25, 2020 12:34 PM

One story is that there is a major shipping issue. Ships not offloading. So maybe not a production issue of the gpus. Another story is that Nvidia is sending gpus directly to miners to keep prices high as they have caught up production.

bill dennison Nov 25, 2020 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pax (Post 1338247422)
One story is that there is a major shipping issue. Ships not offloading. So maybe not a production issue of the gpus. Another story is that Nvidia is sending gpus directly to miners to keep prices high as they have caught up production.

well this isn't going to help anyone

bitcoin price 19,110.20 United States Dollar

https://www.coindesk.com/price/bitcoin

more so NV as the 6800 XT isn't much better mining than the 5700

Cream Nov 25, 2020 12:53 PM

So, did any go on sale in the U.K.? weirdest launch ever...

LordHawkwind Nov 25, 2020 12:53 PM

Quote:

I've heard that Jensen and Lisa Su have pet Unicorns. Are you going to believe that one too :lol:

Nascar24 Nov 25, 2020 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LordHawkwind (Post 1338247426)
I've heard that Jensen and Lisa Su have pet Unicorns. Are you going to believe that one too :lol:

This^^, What a bunch of nonsense.:lol:

acroig Nov 25, 2020 01:11 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nascar24 (Post 1338247431)
This^^, What a bunch of nonsense.:lol:

Pax is like the gaming QAnon.... :bleh:

LordHawkwind Nov 25, 2020 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acroig (Post 1338247432)
Pax is like the gaming QAnon.... :bleh:

Actually I heard Frank Azor was in in charge of shipping the GPU's and he sent them via the Bermuda triangle. Oh no they haven't been seen since :lol: I'll behave now.

bill dennison Nov 25, 2020 01:20 PM

Quote:

you ever worked on a ship :hmm:
all international shipping is bad now

Quote:

Members of one crew had to shave their heads after running out of shampoo because no one could go ashore for provisions, according to the survey. Another ship’s captain had to pull the tooth of a seafarer who could not go ashore to see a dentist, a shipping company executive said.
Quote:

Mr. Platten, of the International Chamber of Shipping, said that if the crisis continued, vessels would inevitably stop sailing. “It’s not going to be suddenly, tomorrow, that they’re all going to stop,” he said. “It’ll be a gradual creeping up on this, and that’s a real worry for the global supply chain.”

Some ships have already been idled, at least temporarily, because seafarers refused to keep working. Under international maritime law, an undermanned ship cannot sail.

sounds like a barrel of laughs :hmm:

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/09/b...rgo-ships.html

LordHawkwind Nov 25, 2020 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cream (Post 1338247425)
So, did any go on sale in the U.K.? weirdest launch ever...

Back on topic. No there were no cards on sale in the UK. This from Scan UK;

"For the custom cooler cards launching at 2pm we have received no stock so we will not be offering any of these for sale or pre-order today. For now we have removed them from the website until we have more information. We are sorry for the inconvenience to those who would like to pre-order. As soon as we get confirmed shipping and stock on shelf information we will share it on this page and list the available models on the website."

And this from Gibbo over at Overclockers UK https://www.overclockers.co.uk/forum...info.18908580/ Arguably these are the two biggest retails in the UK.

I rang CCL Online and they said they couldn't understand why AMD were calling it a launch as no one in the UK has stock. All they had received was listings for the cards which they published but zero stock.

This is how it looked in europe https://www.guru3d.com/news-story/du...into-2021.html Also lots of reports of no stock in Denmark, Spain, the Netherlands and Portugal.

Haven't seen a response from AMD yet?

Mangler Nov 25, 2020 01:28 PM

Looks like Europe got a handful of cards.

LordHawkwind Nov 25, 2020 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bill dennison (Post 1338247436)
you ever worked on a ship :hmm:
all international shipping is bad now

sounds like a barrel of laughs :hmm:

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/09/b...rgo-ships.html

Are all the planes grounded in the USA & Asia? If they knew the above and shipped them anyway that actually makes the whole situation worse :lol: Looking at some of the prices that went up you'd think they'd hand deliver them by Lear Jet.

LordHawkwind Nov 25, 2020 01:45 PM

So the score at half time is consoles 3 million - AMD Zen 3 & 6800 Nil. Can the plucky underdog come back in the second half? It looks a tall order.

I know I said I'd behave but this situation is just pure gold dust. I didn't actually bother looking today not because I thought it would be this bad just F5 fatigue I guess. Can only take so much disappointment :bleh:

bill dennison Nov 25, 2020 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LordHawkwind (Post 1338247446)
Are all the planes grounded in the USA & Asia? If they knew the above and shipped them anyway that actually makes the whole situation worse :lol: Looking at some of the prices that went up you'd think they'd hand deliver them by Lear Jet.

mass cargo does not go by plane .

one card shipped to a end customer sure

100's of cards not likely and would cost a ton more

LordHawkwind Nov 25, 2020 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bill dennison (Post 1338247453)
mass cargo does not go by plane .

one card shipped to a end customer sure

100's of cards not likely and would cost a ton more

Bill hardly any planes are carrying passengers due to the pandemic. Accept it's going to be dearer but what's the alternative. Today, really. This has made AMD and Frank Azor especially the laughing stock of the graphics world. A reference launch with a few hundred cards is bad but an AIB launch with none, zero, nada. How low can they go?

Here's a quote from Jay2C..

"There was a lot of expectation from folks saying AMD stock would be great once AIB stock launches. Retailer after retailer is now saying they got ZERO inventory for tomorrow embargo drop on custom cards. This is so much worse than expected. @AMD this was 100% botched. Even AMD fanboys have to admit, this was so much worse than NVIDIA launch in every single way. We needed AMD to deliver and unfortunately they showed us how a bad launch can get even worse."

Like him or not he speaks the truth. It's difficult to defend the indefensible.

NWR_Midnight Nov 25, 2020 02:26 PM

Wow a lot of people have their head in the sand about shipping issues and want to blame companies for it. Nearly every major retailer has been issuing warnings about long shipping delays for the last month or more, outside of the computer hardware scene. So why does anyone believe that it wouldn't effect computer hardware? Waiting to ship their products would only make matters worse, because they would be farther behind and delayed even worse.

You can't blame AMD, Nvidia, or any of them if they shipped out a Million cards and they are sitting on a dock somewhere, or even on a ship waiting to dock but have to quarantine for X days due to COVID.

LordHawk, just because planes are not carrying passengers doesn't remove the cost factor of air shipping vs shipping via water or rail.

Edit: Also, unlike when Nvidia launched the RTX 3000 series in September, AMD is dealing with Holiday shipping as November kicked off the Holiday shopping rush, which in itself during perfect conditions causes shipping problems around the world.

bill dennison Nov 25, 2020 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LordHawkwind (Post 1338247455)
Bill hardly any planes are carrying passengers due to the pandemic. Accept it's going to be dearer but what's the alternative. Today, really. This has made AMD and Frank Azor especially the laughing stock of the graphics world. A reference launch with a few hundred cards is bad but an AIB launch with none, zero, nada. How low can they go?

Here's a quote from Jay2C..

"There was a lot of expectation from folks saying AMD stock would be great once AIB stock launches. Retailer after retailer is now saying they got ZERO inventory for tomorrow embargo drop on custom cards. This is so much worse than expected. @AMD this was 100% botched. Even AMD fanboys have to admit, this was so much worse than NVIDIA launch in every single way. We needed AMD to deliver and unfortunately they showed us how a bad launch can get even worse."

Like him or not he speaks the truth. It's difficult to defend the indefensible.

so they still are not going to put mass cargo on planes

NV isn't doing any better but it is all AMD's fault :lol:

Mangler Nov 25, 2020 02:27 PM

Come on though, Europe got like <20 cards, if that is all that you can muster, you delay the launch.

People already know how the cards perform, there was no need to do this pretend-launch of AIB cards.

AllexxisF1 Nov 25, 2020 02:38 PM

I don't think their ever was a launch of a new ATi / AMD card that someone didn't get one here.

Pandemic is a bitch.

SIrPauly Nov 25, 2020 03:00 PM

It's in Amd's self interest to get as many 6800 derivatives out as possible in customers' hands. They're probably feverishly working as hard as possible to do this. The pandemic and the insatiable demand for innovative tech is challenging.

Trunks0 Nov 25, 2020 03:06 PM

Hardware Unboxed made a pretty good point during a recent video. This happens with every GPU launch on both sides. Where regular availability tends to be around the 2 month mark. Now you factor in the covid pandemic and manufacturing limits for this year and this all should have really been expected.

LordHawkwind Nov 25, 2020 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NWR_Midnight (Post 1338247456)
Wow a lot of people have their head in the sand about shipping issues and want to blame companies for it. Nearly every major retailer has been issuing warnings about long shipping delays for the last month or more, outside of the computer hardware scene. So why does anyone believe that it wouldn't effect computer hardware? Waiting to ship their products would only make matters worse, because they would be farther behind and delayed even worse.

You can't blame AMD, Nvidia, or any of them if they shipped out a Million cards and they are sitting on a dock somewhere, or even on a ship waiting to dock but have to quarantine for X days due to COVID.

LordHawk, just because planes are not carrying passengers doesn't remove the cost factor of air shipping vs shipping via water or rail.

Edit: Also, unlike when Nvidia launched the RTX 3000 series in September, AMD is dealing with Holiday shipping as November kicked off the Holiday shopping rush, which in itself during perfect conditions causes shipping problems around the world.

So how did 3 million consoles make it into customers hands..fairy dust maybe. Let's call it as it is. They.Have.No.Cards.to.Sell. Look at Scan and Overclockers in UK and a lot of European sites they are either de-listing the 6800's or just leaving them onsite with no information. Same goes for many sites in USA and Canada. There must be a lot of docks where these millions of cards are stuck :lol: And obviously only those ships with AMD cards onboard have been affected is that right? The sites are also saying they have no shipping DATES not delivery dates ergo they've not even put them on a ship yet.

Look why can't people just accept this is the most botched launch ever and stop trying to defend the indefensible. AMD need to come out and admit they botched it badly and apologise and try to rectify the situation as fast as they can. Sorted but if they keep on lying well that's their problem. At the end of the day the truth is they didn't have the capacity to supply all the consoles and also their own Zen 3 and 6800 GPU within the launch window they gave themselves. That's inexcusable incompetence for a major company IMHO.

Leprechaun Nov 25, 2020 03:39 PM

Wow! George R. R. Martin even had something to say about the AMD cards: "it's coming! It's coming!"

Trunks0 Nov 25, 2020 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LordHawkwind (Post 1338247485)
Look why can't people just accept this is the most botched launch ever and stop trying to defend the indefensible. AMD need to come out and admit they botched it badly and apologise and try to rectify the situation as fast as they can. Sorted but if they keep on lying well that's their problem. At the end of the day the truth is they didn't have the capacity to supply all the consoles and also their own Zen 3 and 6800 GPU within the launch window they gave themselves. That's inexcusable incompetence for a major company IMHO.

Because it's not. We have had worse launches than this and given everything else happening... it also should not be surprising.

bill dennison Nov 25, 2020 03:52 PM

hell less than a month after i bought my 1080 ti Strix they jumped from 779 to 1600 bucks and you couldn't buy a NV or AMD card for near a year at normal price but for lots of luck because of mining

and mining is back now it looks like :mad: