Rage3D Discussion Area

Rage3D Discussion Area (http://www.rage3d.com/board/index.php)
-   Console Gaming (http://www.rage3d.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Official PlayStation 5 thread (http://www.rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?t=34050735)

Shapeshifter Jun 20, 2020 10:18 AM


Cyko Jun 20, 2020 10:44 AM

So, guy is 5í tall...ps5 looks 1/4 as big...so ps5 is 1.25í tall :bleh:

SubCog Jun 20, 2020 10:52 AM

Actually he's 6'9", and the PS5 is MUCH bigger!!!!

SirBaron Jun 20, 2020 12:00 PM

I'd rather have a bigger console than a smaller console that sounds like a 747 in my living room.

I keep stalking amazon for pre-order, but there's only so much time I can refresh a day :bleh:

jimjobob Jun 20, 2020 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nascar24 (Post 1338200724)
Thereís no vents on the top, how the hell am I going to put the series x on top of this POS design? When you have every console known to man you stack them.

I briefly had my OneX and PS4Pro stacked in my hutch so I could play them on the X27 and my PS4Pro stopped putting out an image twice due to overheating. There was plenty of room for ventilation but then while dusting, I noticed the OneX was hot and found out it runs hot even in standby and that was heating up the PRO.

Seriously though, that thing gets hotter in standby than any console Iíve felt before even in use.

Nascar24 Jun 20, 2020 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimjobob (Post 1338200742)
I briefly had my OneX and PS4Pro stacked in my hutch so I could play them on the X27 and my PS4Pro stopped putting out an image twice due to overheating. There was plenty of room for ventilation but then while dusting, I noticed the OneX was hot and found out it runs hot even in standby and that was heating up the PRO.

Seriously though, that thing gets hotter in standby than any console Iíve felt before even in use.

One X probably should be on top:manches: And yes the One X cant be in anything that is enclosed. I had it in a place that had all kinds of room but since it was enclosed it locked up, the location was open in the front and it still caused an issue for it.

Clockwork Jun 20, 2020 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nascar24 (Post 1338200592)
Can’t say I like the design, forget laying it down or stacking your consoles with this thing

Who the hell stacks their consoles (or any other consumer electronics besides perhaps stereo equipment)?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nascar24 (Post 1338200724)
When you have every console known to man you stack them.

Over the years I pretty much have actually owned close to every console, and no...I have never done this, primarily because I'm not a moron.

Nascar24 Jun 20, 2020 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clockwork (Post 1338200775)
Who the hell stacks their consoles (or any other consumer electronics besides perhaps stereo equipment)?



Over the years I pretty much have actually owned close to every console, and no...I have never done this, primarily because I'm not a moron.

Excuse me mr know it all, who the hell cares what you do with your consoles. They work perfectly fine stacked but since you think your not a moron do what you want with the equipment you buy and donít pass judgement on chit you donít understand.

Clockwork Jun 20, 2020 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nascar24 (Post 1338200783)
Excuse me mr know it all, who the hell cares what you do with your consoles. They work perfectly fine stacked but since you think your not a moron do what you want with the equipment you buy and donít pass judgement on chit you donít understand.

I'm not trying to be a know it all, I had always assumed it was common sense that it probably isn't the best for them.

SirBaron Jun 20, 2020 04:13 PM

You can make a point without having to be so aggresive about it, or indirectly insulting people.

Nascar24 Jun 20, 2020 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clockwork (Post 1338200786)
I'm not trying to be a know it all, I had always assumed it was common sense that it probably isn't the best for them.

I maybe thinking about it from an older console perspective where heat wasn’t as huge of an issue, maybe it won’t be feasible with the new consoles.

Clockwork Jun 20, 2020 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SirBaron (Post 1338200788)
You can make a point without having to be so aggresive about it, or indirectly insulting people.

It's been nearly 20 years. If people don't understand my personality by now....lol

bill dennison Jun 21, 2020 03:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nascar24 (Post 1338200789)
I maybe thinking about it from an older console perspective where heat wasnít as huge of an issue, maybe it wonít be feasible with the new consoles.



there you go stack all you want

each on it's own shelf

GravY Jun 21, 2020 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SirBaron (Post 1338200739)
I'd rather have a bigger console than a smaller console that sounds like a 747 in my living room.

I keep stalking amazon for pre-order, but there's only so much time I can refresh a day :bleh:

Good design and you can have a smaller console. X is fairly silent vs the Larger Pro which is a jet engine.

PS5 is trying to keep their crazy high variable clocked GPU cool and have gone with a very large console to overcome this. MS has gone with a different design built around cooling as efficiently possible. It's been tested in the desert for months. With the fan size I'm confident even running on high it'll be fairly quiet still.

MS has really stepped up their design game after the 360 RROD debacle.

SirBaron Jun 21, 2020 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GravY (Post 1338200932)
Good design and you can have a smaller console. X is fairly silent vs the Larger Pro which is a jet engine.

PS5 is trying to keep their crazy high variable clocked GPU cool and have gone with a very large console to overcome this. MS has gone with a different design built around cooling as efficiently possible. It's been tested in the desert for months. With the fan size I'm confident even running on high it'll be fairly quiet still.

MS has really stepped up their design game after the 360 RROD debacle.

Xbox one X is only smaller because they made the PSU external, hence the power brick.

Otherwise they'd be exactly the same size.

Also PS5 may be tall, but XSX is twice as wide...

Plus both look ridiculous. One looks like a Router, the other litteraly looks like a brick. So neither machines are something to write home about.

Lazy8s Jun 21, 2020 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SirBaron (Post 1338200939)
Xbox one X is only smaller because they made the PSU external, hence the power brick.

Otherwise they'd be exactly the same size.

Also PS5 may be tall, but XSX is twice as wide...

Plus both look ridiculous. One looks like a Router, the other litteraly looks like a brick. So neither machines are something to write home about.

Hopefully the graphics will be though....

GravY Jun 21, 2020 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SirBaron (Post 1338200939)
Xbox one X is only smaller because they made the PSU external, hence the power brick.

Otherwise they'd be exactly the same size.

Also PS5 may be tall, but XSX is twice as wide...

Plus both look ridiculous. One looks like a Router, the other litteraly looks like a brick. So neither machines are something to write home about.

First, X has an internal PSU.

Second, XSX is less than twice as wide.

XSX is 5.94" wide. PS5 is looking just shy of 4" wide. (Vertical)

PS5 is looking like 3"+ taller (vertical)

PS5 depth cannot be gauged as accurate but it should be between 10-12" deep.

It's a large system.

KAC Jun 22, 2020 01:24 AM

X1X is quite possibly the best designed console I have owned. If only it had a proper SSD it would be the best. I also think the new XSX is going to be dope.

On topic of PS5, from everything I have seen it is very similar to the PS3 OG design.

SirBaron Jun 22, 2020 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GravY (Post 1338200976)
First, X has an internal PSU.

Second, XSX is less than twice as wide.

XSX is 5.94" wide. PS5 is looking just shy of 4" wide. (Vertical)

PS5 is looking like 3"+ taller (vertical)

PS5 depth cannot be gauged as accurate but it should be between 10-12" deep.

It's a large system.

Ah yeah, just checked my father's X. Was basing it on past experiences with xbox consoles.

Not saying the XSX isn't better designed. For me it's down to which is quieter. Which the PS4 Pro isn't, and by isn't I mean will be like your own 747 in your TV Setup.

Still doesn't disregard my comment that XSX and PS5 are fugly consoles.

Only reason I'm getting a PS5 is because Sony exclusives are leauges beyond MS exclusives, and MS stuff is on PC anyway.

If only Sony would also release on PC, I'd not have to buy any.

SirBaron Jun 26, 2020 09:02 AM

I really hope PS5 has much better remote play quality this time around, while the latency is good on PS4 Pro, the bitrate is terrible and looks crap on anything that isn't a 1cm screen.

So hoping it's pretty good then I can connect PS5 to my TV and not directly to my PC.

Shapeshifter Jul 18, 2020 08:46 PM

I guess the PS5 is not using big navi after all.

It's rdna 1 + some rdna 2 features according to


clerick Jul 18, 2020 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shapeshifter (Post 1338207001)
I guess the PS5 is not using big navi after all.

It's rdna 1 + some rdna 2 features according to


Honestly the biggest problem I see is the AI stuff and lack of it on amd cards. DLSS is doing absolutely amazing work with low res/final quality of image.

Hell I can see switch 2 using nvidia shield with DLSS being on par quality wise or close to ps5/xbox...

SirBaron Jul 19, 2020 01:26 AM

For sure if Nintendo is smart (they're not) but for sure if they was Switch 2 would 100% use DLSS.

Luckily for Nintendo, Nvidia has a long contract with Nintendo. So for sure Nvidia will do something with DLSS in the next switch.

720P DLSS into 1080P in handheld with lower graphics, and in docked mode 720P into 1080P/1400p but with much higher graphics options.

Either way it would be silly for Nintendo to not have it.

Dungeoncrawler Jul 19, 2020 02:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bill dennison (Post 1338200872)


there you go stack all you want

each on it's own shelf

:lol: i bought this a week ago. X1X on the shelf under the top, ps4 on the next shelf, and a couple unplugged ps3's under that :D

Tyr-Sog Jul 19, 2020 11:08 AM

No GOW title in the works for PS5?

GravY Jul 19, 2020 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clerick (Post 1338207020)
Honestly the biggest problem I see is the AI stuff and lack of it on amd cards. DLSS is doing absolutely amazing work with low res/final quality of image.

Hell I can see switch 2 using nvidia shield with DLSS being on par quality wise or close to ps5/xbox...

Xbox will be using DirectML/MLSS

SirBaron Jul 20, 2020 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyr-Sog (Post 1338207086)
No GOW title in the works for PS5?

Of course there will be, but don't expect it until 2022 or later.

Also the new Spiderman has a 4k/60fps performance mode.

I'm guessing it drops ray tracing.

I'd rather they'd do 1440P 60FPS with ray tracing and upscale checkerboard or something.

We shall see how it looks in the end anyway.

SubCog Jul 20, 2020 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SirBaron (Post 1338207250)
Also the new Spiderman has a 4k/60fps performance mode.

I assume the 4k/60 mode will work with the existing spiderman content, and not just the miles stuff. I'm a sucker for PS4 spiderman, so :drool: :drool: I'll prolly have to make the PS5 happen in my house sooner rather than later. Honestly I think Spiderman in 4k/60 is a killer app for PS5.

SirBaron Jul 20, 2020 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SubCog (Post 1338207281)
I assume the 4k/60 mode will work with the existing spiderman content, and not just the miles stuff. I'm a sucker for PS4 spiderman, so :drool: :drool: I'll prolly have to make the PS5 happen in my house sooner rather than later. Honestly I think Spiderman in 4k/60 is a killer app for PS5.

Have they announced a ps5 update for spiderman PS4?

The miles stuff is a seperate game.

Would be nice if developers made a PS5 patch for the first party content at the least, but I wont hold my breath.

SubCog Jul 20, 2020 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SirBaron (Post 1338207282)
Have they announced a ps5 update for spiderman PS4?

The miles stuff is a seperate game.

Would be nice if developers made a PS5 patch for the first party content at the least, but I wont hold my breath.

Oh, somehow I thought the Miles stuff was DLC.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:56 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All trademarks used are properties of their respective owners. Copyright ©1998-2011 Rage3D.com