Rage3D Discussion Area

Rage3D Discussion Area (http://www.rage3d.com/board/index.php)
-   Console Gaming (http://www.rage3d.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Official PlayStation 5 thread (http://www.rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?t=34050735)

Lazy8s Jun 16, 2020 11:46 AM

https://www.tomsguide.com/news/ps5-p...-than-expected

Quote:

Leaker and concept designer Ben Geskin shared images of the PS5's store page on Amazon France. These images put the prices at Ä499 for the standard PS5 and Ä399 for the Digital Edition, which converts to $565/£447 and $452/£358 respectively. The store page for the PS5 currently lists the price information as "currently unavailable," but we still have Geskin's screenshots to go by.
https://twitter.com/BenGeskin/status...84921510191105

GravY Jun 16, 2020 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SubCog (Post 1338199634)
If ms announces Lockhart at $300-$400, that will let them push series x for $600. That'll give Sony alot of flexibility to price their console.

If there's no Lockhart, I think it forces both PS5 & series x into the $400-$500 range, regardless of what they cost to build.

MS is in a good position and will wait for Sony to price their systems first.

SubCog Jun 16, 2020 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GravY (Post 1338199880)
MS is in a good position and will wait for Sony to price their systems first.

Maybe. Although if they're going to launch Lockhart this year, they're going to need to announce it at some point... and the Lockhart story doesn't make much sense without a price attached to it. I suppose it's possible that they might announce it just before launch, like Sony did with the Pro... but mostly I expect they'll announce console hardware at least 6 months before launch... btw, we're already within that 6 month window, so my expectations are already shot.

Honestly I'm not sure where these Lockhart rumors are coming from at this point. It seems like they should be alot more solid by now, so I'm kindof thinking Lockhart won't be a thing at all.

KAC Jun 16, 2020 09:44 PM

That means pricing is 549 and 449 which would be extremely competitive.

Chuck Jun 16, 2020 11:30 PM

No matter how powerful the new Xbox is, it's still hard for me to be excited about it since it has absolutely no exclusives.

Heck, I have a relatively middle of the line 5700XT and it's already powerful enough for most games at high quality. Why should I care?

If the PS4 is an indication, the PS5 will be well worth the price of admission. Sony's exclusives are second to none.

KAC Jun 17, 2020 11:59 AM

XSX is great if you are like me who wants to sit back and relax and bone some games on free Xbox game pass.

Lazy8s Jun 17, 2020 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KAC (Post 1338199978)
That means pricing is 549 and 449 which would be extremely competitive.

Yep, that puts it into my willing to buy price range. I might wait a few months for a couple of system updates to drop, but I'll get one.

Lazy8s Jun 17, 2020 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chuck (Post 1338199989)
No matter how powerful the new Xbox is, it's still hard for me to be excited about it since it has absolutely no exclusives.

Heck, I have a relatively middle of the line 5700XT and it's already powerful enough for most games at high quality. Why should I care?

If the PS4 is an indication, the PS5 will be well worth the price of admission. Sony's exclusives are second to none.

Agreed. All the games that I just have to have are PS. Heck, if the PS5 turns out to be that satisfying I probably won't even upgrade my ancient desktop.

SirBaron Jun 17, 2020 12:59 PM

I already have a 4K blu-ray player, and all my PS4 games are digital, so for sure I'll be going with the discless version.

I really hope Sony releases a Pro version in 3-4 years as well, I want midgen refresh to be the new norm.

SirBaron Jun 17, 2020 01:52 PM

Horizon coming 2021, so I imagine maybe we get Ratchet and possibly Gran Turismo this year, or maybe Ratchet and the Spiderman game.

Shame, Horizon is what I want the most.

Lazy8s Jun 17, 2020 07:06 PM

I told my wife about the PS5 tonight. She informed me I'm getting one :lol:

Lazy8s Jun 17, 2020 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SirBaron (Post 1338200079)
Horizon coming 2021, so I imagine maybe we get Ratchet and possibly Gran Turismo this year, or maybe Ratchet and the Spiderman game.

Shame, Horizon is what I want the most.

HZD was one of my favorite games ever, and I wasn't even aware there was a sequel incoming lol.

Yes, I've been living under a rock lately :p

Cyko Jun 17, 2020 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lazy8s (Post 1338200148)
I told my wife about the PS5 tonight. She informed me I'm getting one :lol:

Never let her go... never ever ever :lol:

KAC Jun 17, 2020 10:35 PM

I didn’t need to say anything. My 6 year old already said we are getting one and we are :bleh:

Lazy8s Jun 18, 2020 04:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyko (Post 1338200158)
Never let her go... never ever ever :lol:

:) :up:

SirBaron Jun 18, 2020 01:44 PM

I really hope developers use more often a 30fps high visuals/60fps performance mode on most AAA games.

For me the thing holding me back from going full console is 30fps sucks, especially if the game has bad frametiming, or goes below 30fps.

Lazy8s Jun 18, 2020 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SirBaron (Post 1338200317)
I really hope developers use more often a 30fps high visuals/60fps performance mode on most AAA games.

For me the thing holding me back from going full console is 30fps sucks, especially if the game has bad frametiming, or goes below 30fps.

Nioh 2 and a couple of others I saw added an option to switch between 60fps or visual fidelity, whatever that means lol. I don't know how common that is as I don't buy many games, but for me the 60fps looks just fine. I agree, and I hope we see that in more games going forward.

bill dennison Jun 18, 2020 03:40 PM

Quote:

Update: Amazon France has confirmed to TechRadar that the image being circulated with the PS5 price and release date is a fake, and not from its website. "The screenshot showing a PS5 product page on amazon.fr with a price of 499€ and a release date on November 20 is a fake and is not coming from our website," an Amazon France spokesperson told us. So, that's that.
https://www.techradar.com/news/that-...ke-heres-proof




........

what is the chance do you think the digital edition will be able to use a external USB blu ray drive

SD-[Inc] Jun 18, 2020 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lazy8s (Post 1338200338)
Nioh 2 and a couple of others I saw added an option to switch between 60fps or visual fidelity, whatever that means lol. I don't know how common that is as I don't buy many games, but for me the 60fps looks just fine. I agree, and I hope we see that in more games going forward.

That usually means 4K or 1080p on PS4 Pro. Hopefully with PS5 the only choice is 60 fps AND visual fidelity

Lazy8s Jun 18, 2020 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SD-[Inc] (Post 1338200360)
That usually means 4K or 1080p on PS4 Pro. Hopefully with PS5 the only choice is 60 fps AND visual fidelity

That would be really nice :up: Let's hope.

Shapeshifter Jun 19, 2020 09:23 AM


Lazy8s Jun 19, 2020 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shapeshifter (Post 1338200518)

Looks pretty sweet to me. For all it's size, it's still a lot smaller than my desktop lol.

OverclockN' Jun 19, 2020 10:11 AM

It really doesn't seem that much bigger than the XBox to me. Remove the base and its close. Then the top portion is just fins for design only. The core of the system seems to be a similar size. The side profile looks much wider though, I suppose. But again, those white fins stick so far out past the black body of it.

KAC Jun 19, 2020 11:03 AM

How a Japanese gay put this in their box?

Cyko Jun 19, 2020 12:49 PM

So when does this thing go up for pre-order?

SirBaron Jun 19, 2020 03:10 PM

I don’t know why they made the fins so much longer than the machine, such a waste of space. Also looks like it was designed by Netgear.

Nascar24 Jun 19, 2020 03:42 PM

Canít say I like the design, forget laying it down or stacking your consoles with this thing

bill dennison Jun 19, 2020 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nascar24 (Post 1338200592)
Canít say I like the design, forget laying it down or stacking your consoles with this thing

looks better flat



and stacking consoles :lol:

they would melt :p

KAC Jun 19, 2020 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nascar24 (Post 1338200592)
Canít say I like the design, forget laying it down or stacking your consoles with this thing

Stacking consoles. Wtf?

Nascar24 Jun 20, 2020 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bill dennison (Post 1338200610)
looks better flat



and stacking consoles :lol:

they would melt :p

There’s no vents on the top, how the hell am I going to put the series x on top of this POS design? When you have every console known to man you stack them.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:30 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All trademarks used are properties of their respective owners. Copyright ©1998-2011 Rage3D.com