Rage3D Discussion Area

Rage3D Discussion Area (http://www.rage3d.com/board/index.php)
-   Console Gaming (http://www.rage3d.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Official PlayStation 5 thread (http://www.rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?t=34050735)

YellowBeard Jan 2, 2022 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SirBaron (Post 1338321297)
Yeah my start was a cluster**** too, after that terrible start was ok. My XSX gets far more usuage than my PS5 does, but I do turn it on now and again to play the exclusives that I have yet to finish.

Demon Souls I'll probably sell on Ebay as it's just not my cup of tea. Returnal is good though.

So far so good after reinstalling Returnal. Demon Souls went without a hitch.

Although I figure I'm cursed. Played Returnal up until the first boss, used one of those reconstruction things and when I got back to the boss he wouldn't spawn again. So I was stuck in a hole after wasting ether to use the reconstruction thing and had to reset the cycle as there was nothing I could do. Oof.

Was fun until then though. :up:

SubCog Jan 5, 2022 01:56 AM

Looks like they gave out some details for PSVR2. Very high specs, inside-out tracking, should look great with rendering power from PS5. It's still wired though... Hard to believe anyone would release a wired headset this year. It'll be interesting to see a head-to-head competition between the PSVR2 with vastly superior graphics, vs Quest2 with wireless and room-scale experiences.

https://blog.playstation.com/2022/01...gaming-on-ps5/

Mangler Jan 5, 2022 10:32 AM

So, about that FF7 remake, will someone who thinks that the battle system in ff15 sucks enjoy it?

Jankan Jan 5, 2022 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SubCog (Post 1338321872)
Looks like they gave out some details for PSVR2. Very high specs, inside-out tracking, should look great with rendering power from PS5. It's still wired though... Hard to believe anyone would release a wired headset this year. It'll be interesting to see a head-to-head competition between the PSVR2 with vastly superior graphics, vs Quest2 with wireless and room-scale experiences.

https://blog.playstation.com/2022/01...gaming-on-ps5/

Won't matter, no one will be able to buy one anyway :cry:

MangaSpawn64 Jan 5, 2022 11:18 AM

Will probably buy PSVR2 when it comes out. Huge fun, and with the updated optics and controllers, will surely be a blast

Mangler Jan 5, 2022 11:43 AM

Dualsense-like haptic feedback in vr-controllers will be really neat.

KAC Jan 5, 2022 08:57 PM

Yes every time you get shot a device should smack you on your butt cheeks or try to break your spine. For head shots it should hit your temple with a sound and vibration so hard that makes the game feel real!

:up:

MangaSpawn64 Jan 5, 2022 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mangler (Post 1338321943)
Dualsense-like haptic feedback in vr-controllers will be really neat.

I think I read somewhere there would be haptics in the headset as well...

SubCog Jan 6, 2022 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MangaSpawn64 (Post 1338322027)
I think I read somewhere there would be haptics in the headset as well...

There's some rumors that headset haptics may be very effective at countering motion sickness. If that's true, it could be a killer feature.

SirBaron Jan 6, 2022 09:58 AM

Yeah I think it's mainly to combat VR sickness than vibrating your brain with headshots :p.

MangaSpawn64 Jan 6, 2022 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SirBaron (Post 1338322095)
Yeah I think it's mainly to combat VR sickness than vibrating your brain with headshots :p.

Sure hope it will ! It would be super fun ! Imagine playing an horror game and it slightly vibrates like if someone touches the back of your head :eek:

KAC Jan 6, 2022 10:36 PM

I would rather it vibrates my balls so that pee pee doesn’t come out.

Arioch Jan 31, 2022 12:09 PM

Sony just bought Bungie...wonder what studio is bought next.

https://twitter.com/Bungie/status/1488211903482527744

Mangler Jan 31, 2022 12:13 PM

I hope that means bungie will start making good games again.

SubCog Jan 31, 2022 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mangler (Post 1338325625)
I hope that means bungie will start making good games again.

Maybe they could do the next Killzone and finally make it a Halo-killer?

GravY Jan 31, 2022 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SubCog (Post 1338325687)
Maybe they could do the next Killzone and finally make it a Halo-killer?

They are going to still be an independent studio making multi platform titles just as they have been.

KAC Feb 3, 2022 05:24 AM

Upgraded Uncharted Legacy Collection for $10. Can't beat that shite.

SD-[Inc] Feb 3, 2022 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KAC (Post 1338325966)
Upgraded Uncharted Legacy Collection for $10. Can't beat that shite.

I was thinking of replaying those again. They are the first release to support a 120 FPS mode. Big jump from 30 if your TV supports it. Mine doesnít, but 60 sounds good too.

KAC Feb 3, 2022 09:48 AM

60 fps worked wonders for the uncharted Nathan drake collection. I will be fine with 60 fps even though I can do 120. I need them omgrafix.

Dungeoncrawler Feb 3, 2022 10:34 AM

Is Returnal difficult?

KAC Feb 3, 2022 10:37 AM

Some say it is more difficult than souls games. Others say it is rogue like. I saw the gameplay, seems great but you just die and die and die. As far as I know when you die you start from the beginning. Which means for me it can go and eat a dick.

KAC Feb 3, 2022 01:22 PM

Lost legacy is sublime in performance mode. :drool:

SubCog Feb 3, 2022 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KAC (Post 1338325995)
60 fps worked wonders for the uncharted Nathan drake collection. I will be fine with 60 fps even though I can do 120. I need them omgrafix.

Quote:

Originally Posted by KAC (Post 1338326026)
Lost legacy is sublime in performance mode. :drool:

Son of a bitch. Now I need to go buy a PS5. Wife's not gonna be happy.

Dungeoncrawler Feb 3, 2022 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KAC (Post 1338326006)
Some say it is more difficult than souls games. Others say it is rogue like. I saw the gameplay, seems great but you just die and die and die. As far as I know when you die you start from the beginning. Which means for me it can go and eat a dick.

Will take a pass then. Thanks.

SD-[Inc] Feb 3, 2022 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KAC (Post 1338326026)
Lost legacy is sublime in performance mode. :drool:

I need to finish Guardians of the Galaxy and then I am in. I got both games for the PS4 and they are awesome in every way except for the chunky 30 FPS. Can't wait!

KAC Feb 3, 2022 09:41 PM

Depends on if you want to replay the uncharted games. Also depends on if you will wait for PC version instead. For me I can replay uncharted games and for 10 bucks it was a no brainer to get it on PS5.

I am heavily biased btw.

Mangler Feb 3, 2022 10:17 PM

Do they do anything cool with the dualsense in the ps5 version of uc4/lost legacy?

KAC Feb 3, 2022 11:03 PM

There are vibrations. :bleh:

Lazy8s Feb 4, 2022 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dungeoncrawler (Post 1338326004)
Is Returnal difficult?

It is. Itís a rogue-like. Itís also one of the best, most replayable games released for the PS5 so far.

The thing to keep in mind is that itís a heavily story driven game. I donít think thereís ever been another rogue-like to compare it too. So difficult yes, but the way they set it up just makes you want more.

Fwiw - Dead Cells is the only rogue-like Iíve played before. I hate perma-death mechanics, but Returnal changed all of that for me.

Nascar24 Feb 4, 2022 08:24 PM

If buying Horizon Forbidden West, make sure to buy the ps4 edition, stinking slimy Sony is trying to get an extra $10 out of you for the PS5 version when the upgrade from the ps4 version is free.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:49 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All trademarks used are properties of their respective owners. Copyright ©1998-2011 Rage3D.com