Rage3D Discussion Area

Rage3D Discussion Area (http://www.rage3d.com/board/index.php)
-   Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing (http://www.rage3d.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=108)
-   -   Favorite iPhone/iPod Games (http://www.rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?t=33966731)

Zero Oct 14, 2010 03:08 PM

:lol: Is it the same game except "metal"? What's the soundtrack like?

logical Oct 14, 2010 03:12 PM

Same exact game with tunes from "Battlefield" by Blind Guardian.

http://games.adultswim.com/iphone/ro...hone-game.html

The song is there in its trailer... lol

Djinn Oct 14, 2010 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xFilter (Post 1336373700)
Solomon's Boneyard (it's free tonight by the way 9/21, can't say for how long) Worthy of a d/l

I don't know why this game is so addictive, but it is a VERY worthy download.

Zero Oct 14, 2010 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by logical (Post 1336393719)
Same exact game with tunes from "Battlefield" by Blind Guardian.

http://games.adultswim.com/iphone/ro...hone-game.html

The song is there in its trailer... lol

Haha Im man enough to play the original. No point in wasting a buck on this one.

monkeydust Oct 18, 2010 04:59 AM

Since iPad apps are about the same thing...

I always play through all the levels of Angry Birds when and update comes out.

Current favorite game for my iPad is The Treasures of Montezuma (game similar to Bejeweled).

The_KELRaTH Oct 21, 2010 07:49 AM

Angry Birds Halloween HD - Magic :)

Super 7 - very simple but very addictive. Link up the random numbered (-3 to +6) heptagon counters that come from the edges of the screen by directing with your finger to create a total of 7.

logical Oct 21, 2010 10:44 PM

More angry birds...

monkeydust Oct 22, 2010 04:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by logical (Post 1336400186)
More angry birds...

I need to get that this weekend. :)

logical Oct 23, 2010 04:33 AM

Reckless Racing

Its a pro-am like racer. It has time trials and traditional racing... online racing available too. Pretty sweet little game.

becco Oct 28, 2010 08:11 AM

Guys, what about Sonic The Hedgehog 4 Eps 1 for 5.99 $. Is it worthy or not?

globalist Oct 28, 2010 08:36 AM

Ok, so who got the iDOS emulator while it lasted? :D

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=71071

Razeus Oct 28, 2010 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by globalist (Post 1336406207)
Ok, so who got the iDOS emulator while it lasted? :D

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=71071

I missed picking this up. That's what I get for not checking my "app news" for a week. :( Would have been great to get.

Is the Halloween Angry Birds a different game than the Regular Angry Birds? (I have regulard AB and AB HD for iPad).

logical Nov 2, 2010 01:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Razeus (Post 1336406224)
I missed picking this up. That's what I get for not checking my "app news" for a week. :( Would have been great to get.

Is the Halloween Angry Birds a different game than the Regular Angry Birds? (I have regulard AB and AB HD for iPad).

Different levels.

Axe in Face

This one is actually kind of old. You basically have to protect the bad guys form getting to the daffodils. You draw out a line for an axe thrown by the barbarian guy to follow and kill the guys. Pretty simple.

logical Nov 11, 2010 03:45 AM

Steambirds

Turn based war game where you shoot down other planes. Its basically this game, on the iPhone.

Djinn Nov 11, 2010 08:15 AM

I don't have a screenshot on-hand, but the newly-released "Death Worm" is a ****load of fun for $0.99.

logical Nov 11, 2010 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Djinn (Post 1336418541)
I don't have a screenshot on-hand, but the newly-released "Death Worm" is a ****load of fun for $0.99.

I didnt like megaworm so I didnt try death worm. For me the killer for mega worm were the controls, they were inverted or something for no reason and no way to change it. The game was pretty boring too.

Djinn Nov 11, 2010 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by logical (Post 1336418926)
I didnt like megaworm so I didnt try death worm. For me the killer for mega worm were the controls, they were inverted or something for no reason and no way to change it. The game was pretty boring too.

They fixed the controls for Megaworm, but the controls for Death Worm are fine from the start. It's a standard d-pad on the left side, with two buttons on the right-side. The graphics are also improved by several notches.

logical Nov 11, 2010 03:46 PM

Just tried death worm, the controls and visuals are better but the game is still the same... boring for me.

logical Nov 20, 2010 06:37 AM

iBomber Defense

It's another tower defense game but balanced real well and looks great on the iPhone.

Djinn Nov 20, 2010 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by logical (Post 1336425753)
iBomber Defense
It's another tower defense game but balanced real well and looks great on the iPhone.

A $2.99 game. Hrm. Ok, I'm going to trust you on this, but I'd better not be disappointed.

;)

logical Nov 20, 2010 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Djinn (Post 1336426030)
A $2.99 game. Hrm. Ok, I'm going to trust you on this, but I'd better not be disappointed.

;)

I won't let you down. :) I'll be expecting you to come back with words of praise. Haha

Djinn Nov 20, 2010 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by logical (Post 1336426039)
I won't let you down. :) I'll be expecting you to come back with words of praise. Haha

Ok, I concede. It's a pretty damn good game. Even at $2.99. :D

OverclockN' Nov 20, 2010 10:50 PM

Reckless Racing looks fun as hell! I've been looking for iPad games and that one looks great...$5 but maybe it's worth it. Anyone else played and have more to say about it?

Can we do iPad only games here too, or do I need to start another thread for that? :lol:

logical Nov 20, 2010 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OverclockN' (Post 1336426232)
Reckless Racing looks fun as hell! I've been looking for iPad games and that one looks great...$5 but maybe it's worth it. Anyone else played and have more to say about it?

Can we do iPad only games here too, or do I need to start another thread for that? :lol:

All iDevices welcome here... I have reckless racing, pretty fun with time trials. The only problem with it is there arent too many levels. After you beat the levels they do have theres nothing to do but time trials and that can get boring. One unique thing it does have is a ghost on the screen of your best run so you can compete against yourself. If you dont like time trials that much Id suggest you save your money for another game or wait for it to go on sale.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Djinn (Post 1336426190)
Ok, I concede. It's a pretty damn good game. Even at $2.99. :D

:up: :up:

OverclockN' Nov 21, 2010 12:14 AM

Found out just now that GT Racing: Motor Academy HD is on sale for $.99!! It's normally $6.99. Just bought and installed it now, and it's fantastic. It's like a clone of GranTurismo, if you guys like that game. You start off with the same D, C, B, A license tests before you can race. The tests are even the same, with braking, turning, overtake, and a full lap. :lol: Over 100 cars and the graphics are decent enough. Can customize EVERYTHING. :eek:

Djinn Nov 23, 2010 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by logical (Post 1336425753)
iBomber Defense

Just finished the Allied campaign, and unlocked the Axis campaign. Okay, this is definitely fun.

OverclockN' Nov 23, 2010 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Djinn (Post 1336428807)
Just finished the Allied campaign, and unlocked the Axis campaign. Okay, this is definitely fun.

It does look fun...trying to decide whether or not to take the plunge and drop the $3 for it. :lol:

Djinn Nov 23, 2010 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OverclockN' (Post 1336428823)
It does look fun...trying to decide whether or not to take the plunge and drop the $3 for it. :lol:

I think it's worth it. I'm not normally a fan of defense games, but this is a rare exception. There aren't that many weapons types... Five, I think. And each has three upgrade "tiers." Keeps it simple. And as logical mentioned, it's well-balanced.

becco Nov 23, 2010 11:38 PM

Fruit Ninja 0.99 $
FarmVille, free
Angry Birds 0.99$
Worldy Wings 0.99$
Cut the Rope 0.99$

logical Dec 4, 2010 08:18 PM

Eden

I decided Id add Eden just because its fresh and some people might look at this thread and find it interesting. Its just a classic minecraft clone.

logical Dec 11, 2010 01:31 AM

Super Stick Golf

The sequel to Stick Golf, this one has all the levels of the old game(now free) plus new ones. It has powerups for the golf balls and it has been given the retina treatment. My favorite golf game on the iPhone.

Cut the Rope: Holiday Edition

Needs no introduction, get it, its free.

And I figured Id add Infinity Blade just cause

Infinity Blade

No introduction needed, probably the nicest looking game on any phone available today.

logical Dec 11, 2010 02:03 AM

Aqueduct

Basically the connect the pipes puzzle game with twists like warp zones buttons and conveyors. Good quick play puzzle game.

Djinn Dec 11, 2010 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by logical (Post 1336443401)
Infinity Blade
No introduction needed, probably the nicest looking game on any phone available today.

How well does this play on a 2g device?

logical Dec 11, 2010 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Djinn (Post 1336443524)

I dont think 2g is supported.

pahncrd Dec 11, 2010 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Djinn (Post 1336443524)

It won't play, the 2g devices use a much weaker graphics processor.

In fact, it is the fact that devs have to still target the old devices for performance that keeps iOS game graphics held back (budget is a factor too though). Though, things are gradually getting better as more devs are willing to leave the three year old devices behind.

Djinn Dec 11, 2010 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pahncrd (Post 1336443816)
It won't play, the 2g devices use a much weaker graphics processor.

In fact, it is the fact that devs have to still target the old devices for performance that keeps iOS game graphics held back (budget is a factor too though). Though, things are gradually getting better as more devs are willing to leave the three year old devices behind.

Three year old devices? Sixteen months ago, the newest iPod Touch available was the 2g.

pahncrd Dec 11, 2010 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Djinn (Post 1336443822)
Three year old devices? Sixteen months ago, the newest iPod Touch available was the 2g.

Yeah, but when did it come out? You don't call the PSP a new device just because it is the newest PSP available. The 2g devices were never powerful enough to begin with IMO (had a 2nd gen iTouch and a iPhone 3g, I loved them, but they were slow), and it has only gotten more apparent since then.

Anyway, I understand the annoyance at being left behind on certain titles, but it also sucks to have a new device that isn't being utilized because of devs having to target old tech. It isn't as if games will stop coming out for the 2g devices, but it would be nice if the larger budget 3d games were targeted at the newer devices to take advantage of the much more powerful CPU/GPU available. Devices that are capable of near 360 quality graphics are left running dreamcast quality graphics for the most part (gah, dead rising is a farking joke :bleh:), and it is a damned shame.

Course, as annoying as it is on iOS, it is an even bigger problem on Android. :(

As much as I feel for gamers with older devices, I want this...

... and not this...

monkeydust Dec 19, 2010 04:13 AM

Got Spacer Miner for iPad for $2.99 last night and played for hours. Kind of like a Sinistar RPG.

logical Dec 23, 2010 09:01 PM

Angry Birds update out, now it has 15 new levels and you can purchase the mighty eagle for a dollar.

logical Jan 3, 2011 04:12 AM

Snail Mail

This game is actually very old and I just found it by chance. Its basically a trippy game like wipeout where you have to collect these items as you go down a track avoiding things along the way and trying to make it to the end.

Heres a video of gameplay: