Rage3D Discussion Area

Rage3D Discussion Area (http://www.rage3d.com/board/index.php)
-   Motoring (http://www.rage3d.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=121)
-   -   Offical "Post Random Car Pics" thread (http://www.rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?t=33944557)

GRimm862 Apr 28, 2009 02:50 PM









Twin turbo e34. Made by aplina.

acroig Apr 28, 2009 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScottDoom (Post 1335867091)
....

Love the M-1. :drool:

OverclockN' Apr 28, 2009 06:17 PM

Quote:


The stance of that thing is ****ing amazing, just perfect. Take note ricers. See how the tires fit perfectly and still look and function great? :lol: :bleh:

GRimm862 Apr 28, 2009 06:30 PM

I feel the front could come down about an inch. Then it would indeed be perfect.

OverclockN' Apr 28, 2009 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GRimm862 (Post 1335871470)
I feel the front could come down about an inch. Then it would indeed be perfect.

The front could be lowered to match the rear, yes...then perfection. ;)

I just hate it when the car is so low the tires rise into the wheel wells. Damn that looks so stupid. The car should sit so the tires are right at the wheel well edges and they contour right around the tires.

GRimm862 Apr 28, 2009 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OverclockN' (Post 1335871510)
The front could be lowered to match the rear, yes...then perfection. ;)

I just hate it when the car is so low the tires rise into the wheel wells. Damn that looks so stupid. The car should sit so the tires are right at the wheel well edges and they contour right around the tires.

IMO you can never go to low.

Shadowless Apr 28, 2009 07:32 PM

Dinan 540i

OverclockN' Apr 28, 2009 07:42 PM

:arrow_up: Nice!

Quote:

IMO you can never go to low.
I prefer suspension travel. :p


Vector M12 :D


GRimm862 Apr 28, 2009 07:42 PM



ALpina B6


Shadowless Apr 28, 2009 08:09 PM


Elysian Apr 28, 2009 08:17 PM



:bleh:

GRimm862 Apr 28, 2009 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elysian (Post 1335871565)

:bleh:

Whos busted ass e46 is that!!! :p

ScottDoom Apr 28, 2009 08:33 PM

omogmomgogm





http://www.e30tech.com/featured/mtriple/

GRimm862 Apr 28, 2009 08:53 PM

Man I miss the tech.

Peppes orange beast. (tear)



Take note of the open wastegate being dumped out of the fender, and the awesome side exhaust. **** I love that thing.

This car made me love e30's and my friends that i bought.



Absolutely disgusting home made turbo mani, blew my mind when I was 16.



In that pic I posted earlier of the shift knob well this is where I got it from.

OverclockN' Apr 28, 2009 08:56 PM

1967 Porsche 907


1970 Ferrari 512S

squid Apr 29, 2009 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OverclockN' (Post 1335871458)
The stance of that thing is ****ing amazing, just perfect. Take note ricers. See how the tires fit perfectly and still look and function great? :lol: :bleh:

:p


Clockwork Apr 29, 2009 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by squid (Post 1335872002)
:p


What the ****?

acroig Apr 29, 2009 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OverclockN' (Post 1335871540)
Vector M12 :D

Another classic. Just awesome.

GRimm862 Apr 29, 2009 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clockwork (Post 1335872215)
What the ****?


gamefoo21 Apr 29, 2009 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GRimm862 (Post 1335872256)

It's a dumb idea, enacted by idiots, who think it's cool...

Mostly done by tards with "slammed" Rice and German autos... :bleh:

Btw that one in the picture really needs some camber adjustments, car must handle like absolute **** on anything but dry and dust free pavement... :bleh:

I do love the one definition of them...

Curb Feelers:

A car with normal/narrow tires stretched onto a hella wide rim so that the wheel rim is way out there in harm's way.

Quote:

"That Golf has like 12 inch wide rims with stretched 185/60HR14 tires. What a bitchin' set of curb feelers!"
:lol:

ScottDoom Apr 29, 2009 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by squid (Post 1335872002)
:p


Wow, that is ugly.

GRimm862 Apr 29, 2009 05:24 PM

I think it's hawt.

gamefoo21 Apr 29, 2009 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GRimm862 (Post 1335872491)
I think it's hawt.

http://www.moderntiredealer.com/Blog...e-fittest.aspx

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave | January 16, 2009 at 06:13AM
Dear Lori: I have had requests for what has been described as "tire stretching," but for a different reason. Some customers have requested a lesser-priced tire, proposing a smaller, narrower-sized tire.

Each time I explain the consequences of what may happen, the investment that they are making, the few dollars saved verses the risk, the customer comes back to their senses and reasoning.

Without getting too technical, when a wider or narrower tire is placed on a width wheel that is out of spec. for the size, a whole change of dynamics will occur to the tire. Number one is safety. Safety not only to the operator, but to the installer. Bead rupture is a possibility as the tire tries to conform itself unrightly to a too narrow or too wide wheel. Safety to the customer because the tires rated performance is greatly reduced, ie; speed rating, air pressure, load carrying capacity, wear characteristics, traction, bead leaking, just to mention a few.

A part of what is wrong with our society is that the consumer is not held accountable for their careless actions of misuse and applications of well-designed products that, when used in the context of design, function well.The rest of our society suffers with higher costs of products and services to cover litigations or the possibilities there of or is removed from availability.

Most came back to their senses... :lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by randoll | January 17, 2009 at 10:06AM
Tire stretching or mounting tires "Hipari Style" originated in Japan. The reason for such setup mainly stemmed from auto enthusiasts wanting to lower their vehicle which sits on outrageously wide wheels without the tires hitting the fenders. They also camber their wheels to help in gaining some clearance.

Here in Trinidad and Tobago there are no stringent laws about tire/wheel setups.

I've done a couple AFTER explaining to the customer who was well aware of the dangers of such a setup. These guys are practicing on a drift circuit and says the Hipari setup makes drift sessions easier because of less traction and smaller contact patch. We don't mount the wheels on the car however. I've been to the drift session unknowing to the guys and saw them mounting their wheels at the circuit so I'm pretty comfortable knowing these guys are responsible and do not run these wheels on public roads.

We don't use the "blow up" method like what you may see on youtube since the invention of the bead seater.

I bolded some of the best parts. Dangerous for on the road activities, should only be used on the track. :bleh:

It's like they say "If it's worth doing, it's worth doing right." Get rims with a proper offset and if you want your car to rattle itself apart and beat the crap out of you then get the fender lips rolled... It's soooo hard to make a tire fit... :lol:

GRimm862 Apr 29, 2009 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gamefoo21 (Post 1335872493)

It's still sexy. Nobody does it for performance reasons.... :nuts:

Tell me this isn't sexy.




OverclockN' Apr 29, 2009 06:07 PM

Quote:

It's still sexy. Nobody does it for performance reasons....

Tell me this isn't sexy.
Only ricers think that. It looks freakin' stupid. And anyone that would choose to do that knowing what they are doing to their tires, their car, their performance, and above all...safety, is a complete and total moron. :p

Caparo T1


2008 Radical SR8


2006 Elfin MS8 Streamliner

VW_Factor Apr 29, 2009 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GRimm862 (Post 1335872497)
It's still sexy. Nobody does it for performance reasons.... :nuts:

Tell me this isn't sexy.

http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn224/tech6804/picturess3151.jpg[/IMG]

http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn224/tech6804/picturess3126.jpg[/IMG]

No sir. Its not sexy. :no:

Edit : Not only would a proper fitting tire look better, it would perform, and ride better too.

GRimm862 Apr 29, 2009 06:33 PM

Sure maybe you guys don't like it!! Fine by me. No harm done.

The safety concerns have been beaten like a dead horse. There is no evidence or records of tires exploding or causing any harm that are stretched. There has never been a recorded incident. Try and find one....

It's a style. That many people like and many people don't.

The ones usually complaining about it are older middle aged dudes, that think their DD is a track monster and should have big beefy tires to hug those corners you go around no faster than the speed limit.

Sorry but If I think it looks good and it isn't causing ANY harm than it's all good.

VW_Factor Apr 29, 2009 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GRimm862 (Post 1335872549)
Sure maybe you guys don't like it!! Fine by me. No harm done.

The safety concerns have been beaten like a dead horse. There is no evidence or records of tires exploding or causing any harm that are stretched. There has never been a recorded incident. Try and find one....

It's a style. That many people like and many people don't.

The ones usually complaining about it are older middle aged dudes, that think their DD is a track monster and should have big beefy tires to hug those corners you go around no faster than the speed limit.

Sorry but If I think it looks good and it isn't causing ANY harm than it's all good.

Ive watched a tire come off a wheel in a parking lot race.. With a car that had its tires/wheels setup in such a fashion.

Dont tell me its not an issue, Ive watched it.

GRimm862 Apr 29, 2009 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VW_Factor (Post 1335872557)
Ive watched a tire come off a wheel in a parking lot race.. With a car that had its tires/wheels setup in such a fashion.

Dont tell me its not an issue, Ive watched it.

Oh yeah? So your supposed "eye witness" account will be enough to deter me from believing what is fact in my mind?

Like I said show me some hard evidence.

I dunno about you but the thousands of dubbers riding on stretched tires haven't had a problem. It's already been stated you don't do it so you can go race around a track.

Whatever you say when I get rims the stretch will be going down.

GRimm862 Apr 29, 2009 07:26 PM





Disgusting Mark 2 with a fully hand built suspension, (custom control arms, sway bars, strut towers.

RWD, rear engine.

Fully hand built fiberglass aerodynamics. This guy is insane with his skills.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:06 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All trademarks used are properties of their respective owners. Copyright 1998-2011 Rage3D.com