No announcement yet.

Official NVIDIA GeForce RTX 40 Series & H100 Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I believe that is because it's the only place it is actually getting sold at $1600 or $1200.

Comment

Originally posted by Nascar24 View Post

You already did Billy, you paid $500 over MSRP on your great ASRock 6900XT. I guess you haven't learned your lesson yet. image.png
      no i paid it's original MSRP

but i bought when it just hit MSRP and it continued to fall below MSRP a month latter

and the reasion i'm not jumping the first second cards are out again

Comment

Originally posted by bill dennison View Post

no i paid it's original MSRP

but i bought when it just hit MSRP and it continued to fall below MSRP a month latter

and the reasion i'm not jumping the first second cards are out again
        Come on Billy, that was AMD scalping in the same sense the Jacket does it, MSRP on that card is $999. You were scalped.

Prices are not coming down for probably 2 years Billy. Its the way it works. Thats why its the smartest move to buy now and get those 2 years of use and not wait like you did last time.

And now for your next lesson!

Comment

If you're not in front of a computer all day monitoring, it really isn't that easy to get them, I could have bought a good 5 4090's in the beginning, but that window is gone now, 4090's have definitely slowed to a trickle right now.
          There are drops almost every day. Just put discord alerts up on mobile. Strike while the iron is hot.

Sure if you can't be arsed to do that then you're not gonna get one for a while.

AMD Ryzen 7950X
          32GB Kingston 6400 MT/s
          MSI X670E Carbon
          NVidia 4090 FE

Comment

Originally posted by Riptide View Post
            There are drops almost every day. Just put discord alerts up on mobile. Strike while the iron is hot.

Sure if you can't be arsed to do that then you're not gonna get one for a while.
            Scalpers play a significant role, but what about the pc builders? They have a intimate relationship with the gpu manufacturers. In this case nvidia sends them more gpu's than needed, and they either give them away to attract viewers, or they put them up on ebay for auction.

Comment

Not anymore, 4090 drops are few and far between.

Comment

In Dubai I can walk into a store and buy one for around 1750 smokes. Different brands available from Zotac, Palit, Gainward, Inno3D etc.

Cards definitely not selling here and scalping is much less.

Comment

USA seems to be the main place where one can not buy a card for retail.
                  Member of the Glorious PC Gaming Master Race-"Doesn't any game maker know how to make a PC feeling game anymore? I hate all this console afterbirth crap we're getting lately."

Comment

Prices lowered in the EU by 5 percent.

Comment

Not anymore, 4090 drops are few and far between.
                      You're on the wrong discord server evidently. They aren't a daily thing but I see them pop every other day on average if not more on the Falcodrin server I'm on.

Do you want one? I can always try to get one for you.

AMD Ryzen 7950X
                      32GB Kingston 6400 MT/s
                      MSI X670E Carbon
                      NVidia 4090 FE

Comment

Managed to snag a Asus TUF Gaming OC 4090 on Newegg today. Should have it by Wednesday. Bye bye 3090!

Asus TUF Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 OC Edition Graphics Card 24GB - Newegg.com

Comment

congrats

Comment

Tell us how it clocks. My TUF is a dud.

Comment

There really isn't much to gain clocking these cards.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave View Post
                                Managed to snag a Asus TUF Gaming OC 4090 on Newegg today. Should have it by Wednesday. Bye bye 3090!

Asus TUF Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 OC Edition Graphics Card 24GB - Newegg.com
                                Noice!!! Welcome to the club.

Comment

Make the spam man stop

Comment

There was a PNY available today. Did you want me to try and get you something if I'm able?

Nascar24

AMD Ryzen 7950X
                                    32GB Kingston 6400 MT/s
                                    MSI X670E Carbon
                                    NVidia 4090 FE

Comment

There was a PNY available today. Did you want me to try and get you something if I'm able?

Nascar24
                                      That would a very kind gesture for folks that truly want/need one.
                                      Member of the Glorious PC Gaming Master Race-"Doesn't any game maker know how to make a PC feeling game anymore? I hate all this console afterbirth crap we're getting lately."

Comment

Nascar24
                                        Yep, could have got a couple today, but I'm good, thanks. I'm the same Nascar_24 on Discord, I picked one up the first min. of release. There are still a couple on discord that are looking for one though.
                                        Last edited by Nascar24; Dec 7, 2022, 07:43 PM.

Comment

Portal RTX benchmarks at TPU. The game is fully path traced..

performance-3840-2160.png

Comment

That graph is extremely misleading. It makes the gains seem massive, when they are not really that different. At first I was like woah the 3090 Ti is way behind the 4080, then noticed it's only 11 FPS..
                                            The reason I talk to myself is because I’m the only one whose answers I accept.
                                            -George Carlin
                                            An arrow can only be shot by pulling it back. Remember when life is dragging you back, you are just moments away from springing forward.

So keep aiming.

-Interwebz

Comment

34 to 45 is a massive jump in playability, though. These comparisons are always better demonstrated in terms of percentage.
                                              Originally posted by curio
                                              Eat this protein bar, for it is of my body. And drink this creatine shake, for it is my blood.
                                              "If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe

Comment

it's like Portal is now a benchmark for the 4000's and only with DLSS

Comment

In the TPU image comparison it looks like some of the textures were swapped out, which seems very sloppy to me. It not only changes the lighting but the entire art style because different panels are used in various areas.

https://www.techpowerup.com/review/p...ith-rtx/2.html

I don't understand why there were texture changes made at all?

Comment

I don't have a problem with updated textures. They're designed to make surfaces pop with RT a little more, which they do, and higher res.

Portal RTX is a showcase for RTX remix modding tools, intended for modders to apply the same treatment to almost any dx7 to dx9 game, in weeks rather than years. It's quite revolutionary.
                                                    ​​​​​
                                                    Apparently you can use default textures too, by selecting in the remix options, but it does not give as good results.

Comment

Worth a watch, very informative.

https://youtu.be/lZQJU3yek08

Comment

So here we are over a week into December and 4090 cards, while drops are still happening every day or two, sell out within a couple minutes. Consistently.

Everyone who said things would normalize in 3-4 weeks after launch was wrong. And this time, you can't blame it on miners either.

AMD Ryzen 7950X
                                                        32GB Kingston 6400 MT/s
                                                        MSI X670E Carbon
                                                        NVidia 4090 FE

Comment

I blame scalpers.

And Nvidia for limiting the supply so that they can sell off the 3000 series cards first...

So, yeah, basically both are scalpers...

Comment

I just saw a founders edition brand new sell for 2200 on ebay. After fees and the original purchase plus tax the scalper made about 250-270$.

Whoopty doo. That isn't anywhere near the margins they used to get.

I think if you want to blame someone this time around you need to focus pretty much 100% on beloved team green. Either they can't, or won't, produce enough to satisfy demand and there are evidently plenty of PC gamers ready to dump $1600+ on a GPU.

AMD Ryzen 7950X
                                                            32GB Kingston 6400 MT/s
                                                            MSI X670E Carbon
                                                            NVidia 4090 FE

Comment

Got the beast in today, jesus christ this is a massive card.

IMG_2092.jpg IMG_2096.jpg IMG_2094.jpg IMG_2095.jpg

Comment

Awesome!

AMD Ryzen 7950X
                                                                32GB Kingston 6400 MT/s
                                                                MSI X670E Carbon
                                                                NVidia 4090 FE

Comment

I think if you want to blame someone this time around you need to focus pretty much 100% on beloved team green. Either they can't, or won't, produce enough to satisfy demand and there are evidently plenty of PC gamers ready to dump $1600+ on a GPU.
                                                                  I'm going to go with team green for most of the blame on this one. The market for the super high end cards is pretty damn small to begin with. Add in the insane price this go around and that market is going to be even smaller. Nvidia, and by extension their board partners, simply aren't making enough to meet demand. Not surprising in the least if they're artificially limiting the stock too.
                                                                  AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | Fractal Design Celsius S24 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite | 2 x 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws V DDR4-3200 (14-14-14-34) B-Die | MSI 3080 VENTUS 3X OC 10G | Creative Sound Blaster Z | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB M.2 NVMe SSD | WD Black SN750 1TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Samusng 850 Evo 500GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 2TB | WD 640GB Black | Asus BW-12B1ST 12X Blu-ray Burner | Fractal Design Define R5 case | EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2 PSU | Win 10 Pro | 4K w/Hisense 55" U8H Mini LED Quantum ULED 4K TV
                                                                  HT: Hisense 55" U8H Mini LED Quantum ULED 4K TV | Onkyo TX-SR605 A/V receiver | JBL EC35 center | 2 JBL E30's (fronts, bi-amped) | 2 JBL N24II's (rears) | Homemade Sonosub w/Dayton 12" driver (extension to 14Hz), BASH 300w amp | Panasonic DP-UB820 4K Blu-ray player | Toshiba HD-A2 HD DVD player | Xbox Series X
                                                                  Camera Gear: Nikon D7000 DSLR | Nikon 16-85mm F3.5-5.6 VR | Nikon 50mm F1.8 G | Sigma 105mm F2.8 EX DG Macro | Slik Pro 700DX tripod legs with Cullmann Magnesit 35Nm ballhead

Comment

Working...
                                                                  X