No announcement yet.

Official NVIDIA GeForce RTX 40 Series & H100 Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

things will get very interesting if if the only way the 4090 wins over AMD is with fake frames

Comment

Originally posted by OverclockN' View Post
      I have a talented eye. DF should probably hire me on the side.

If it turns out to be youtube compressions that oddly seems to only appear in DF's one particular video, I'm ok with that. I'm not exactly going to complain about great image quality at 120fps.

We'll see what's what soon. It'll be exciting either way. I'm all for this tech and not exactly going to argue against it, but I'm not going to pretend I don't see downsides as well.
      You're right, this is too much like the DLSS discussion of the past.

We'll just have to see for ourselves in the end. Hopefully it proves to be a worthwhile feature to have on rather than off.

Comment

Originally posted by bill dennison View Post
        things will get very interesting if if the only way the 4090 wins over AMD is with fake frames
        1. A 4090 will likely be king of the hill over whatever AMD brings.

2. You said the same thing about DLSS 2.0 when AMD didn't have it, turns out you were wrong about that too and it proved to be very valuable, delivering 2x the performance of competing AMD products with very little loss/often better image quality. Now AMD has their own version because the underlying technology is sound.

3. Don't make the same mistake with frame generation. Seems like this will deliver smooth gameplay at 4k with everything maxed. So you'll be suffering with cyberpunk and other future games on your 3080ti while 4080 and 4090 gamers enjoy a much better gameplay experience with everything maxed.

Comment

I just hope more games support all this stuff. It's a damn shame all games don't have DLSS. I have a big library of games of all types, and it's a teeny tiny amount of them that use DLSS.

i9 9900KF/Corsair H100i
          Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master
          EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra
          32GB G.Skill DDR3 3200
          Corsair HX1000W
          Corsair 600T Silver Edition
          Corsair Nightsword Mouse/Logitech G15 Keyboard
          LG CX 48"

i5 3570k/OEM Cooler
          Asus Sabretooth Z77
          Asus ROG 1080Ti Strix
          16GB G.Skill DDR3 2600
          Corsair CX750M
          Lian Li Lancool II Mesh
          Logtech G703 Mouse/Logitech G915 Keyboard

Comment

Originally posted by Exposed View Post
            1. A 4090 will likely be king of the hill over whatever AMD brings.

2. You said the same thing about DLSS 2.0 when AMD didn't have it, turns out you were wrong about that too and it proved to be very valuable, delivering 2x the performance of competing AMD products with very little loss/often better image quality. Now AMD has their own version because the underlying technology is sound.

3. Don't make the same mistake with frame generation. Seems like this will deliver smooth gameplay at 4k with everything maxed. So you'll be suffering with cyberpunk and other future games on your 3080ti while 4080 and 4090 gamers enjoy a much better gameplay experience with everything maxed.

not likely if it does work well as you think or maybe if not
            AMD will most likely have it working on my gtx 980, 1080 ti, 2080 ti and 3080 ti and most AMD cards in 6 months or less

Comment

Midrange for 1000$ equiv, you couldn't make that up.

Fun part is, I'd buy it if it was 256 bit, principles be damned. It's too ridiculous though.

I'm considering a boycott of my own, no nV laptops for my company, no nV recomendations, no 2nd hand buy etc. Sure it's worthless but hey, it's fun until AMD does the same, they don't have it anymore to stick it to nV anyway.

I will go AMD though, 1st time in 10 years or sth, have enough nV cards for HBAO in old titles, and modern nV is all about optimizations instead of quality anyway. In few years, you turn on all the VRS DLSS 7 AF- at once and it's a soup heh.
              My 40nm path :nuts: HIS HD 5850 -> GIGABYTE GTX 470 -> ZOTAC GTX 480 -> HIS HD [email protected] -> MSI GTX 570 -> ZOTAC GTX 470 -> PNY GTX 580

Garth Merenghi quotes
              Most of you will probably know me already from my extensive canon of chillers including "Afterbirth" in which a mutated placenta attacks Bristol.

Everyone has a special talent. Mine is being able to write, produce direct, act, paint... Other people are good plumbers, that's their gift.

There are rebels and there are innovators. I'm a rebel. I play a rebel brain expert who's in rebelliance against conventional logic, who's in rebelliance against the world order. It's about rebelliance. And if that's not being an innovator, I don't know what is.

In times of conflict, when you're up against an agressor, be he human, be he inhuman, whoe'er he be, often he is both.

Greetings traveller. Who am I? Perhaps you have met me twixt sleep and and wake - in the penumbra of uncertainity you call unconsiousness... you know, my books are essentialy about "what ifs". In "Black Fang" I asked - what if a rat could drive a bus? And what if it and its rat brethren took over and ate Parliment?

A lot of people say "Garth Merenghi? Doesn't he write that horror crap?" Well, you're an idiot, because my books always say something, even if it's simple like "Don't geneticaly engineer crabs to be as big as man". There's always a message or a theme.

Comment

It does seem like the motion vectors help improve interpolation a lot.

However, is the strange blur on the sidewalk and street in line with Spiderman's right hand a normal glitch (feature?) of the game's rendering, or is that created by the interpolation? Either way it looks weird to me.

Judging from the comparison shots around the 27 minute mark, I'd say that it suffers from the same type of artifacts present with other frame interpolation methods (mostly related to things being occluded, so the algorithm doesn't know what to fill in with), they are just reduced by the motion vectors. That is not to say the feature is not useful--hell I like video frame interpolation even despite the not-so-uncommon artifacts--but I think it's overly optimistic to believe there will never be visible artifacts during game play. Especially in situations where the base frame rate is low so the frames are displayed longer, you're going to end up seeing them, even if it may still be worth the trade off.

Also 30 FPS base is still going to be a miserable experience due to sluggish responsiveness, even if everything looks smoother. In the latency tests you can see that latency is never improved relative to standard DLSS2, even though the frame rate is "higher" with frame interpolation enabled. I think that is the biggest flaw in the concept, because in my mind the feature is only really useful in a small frame rate range. If you're already getting 120 FPS then things are smooth enough already, so why enable it? It just costs performance and introduces the possibility of artifacts (albeit probably not that noticeable at high frame rates) for no appreciable gain in smoothness. If you're only getting 30-45 FPS then game input is going to be too sluggish, and I'd rather turn down settings or get a faster card in order to get 60 FPS+. So, I see the feature only being really beneficial somewhere in the ~60-100 FPS range.

Comment

How many frames ahead is a common game rendering these days? I would have thought none due to latency issues and fast refresh rate monitors.

But that would mean no second frame to interpolate between.
                  A hobbiest foundry and forge in progress, plans, suppliers, showcasing ideas

Kcrucible - Playing with Fire

Comment

Popping up on newegg.

https://www.newegg.com/p/pl?N=100007...eries&Tpk=4090

Of course no pre-orders.

Wonder if that MSI watercooled version is a good reliable version to get.

Comment

Wonder if that MSI watercooled version is a good reliable version to get.
                      Will try and make a play for it on Best Buy.

Comment

Originally posted by acroig View Post
                        Will try and make a play for it on Best Buy.
                        Founders edition?

What do people think of MSI in general? I know Gigabyte had a bad rap for GPU's in the past. ASUS is overpriced as always lol.

Comment

MSI is pretty solid. Typically their top end models are equivalent to other brands top end.
                          Originally posted by curio
                          Eat this protein bar, for it is of my body. And drink this creatine shake, for it is my blood.
                          "If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe

Comment

I'm leaning towards the air cooled MSI Suprim. Though I'm wondering where/how I would mount that water cooled version since it's just $50 more for a quieter, more cooled, potentially higher performing variant.

Comment

I'm leaning towards the air cooled MSI Suprim. Though I'm wondering where/how I would mount that water cooled version since it's just $50 more for a quieter, more cooled, potentially higher performing variant.
                              MSI Suppim bank

Comment

Founders edition?
                                The MSI Suprim Water.

Comment

$2000 for the Asus ROG?
                                  AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | Fractal Design Celsius S24 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite | 2 x 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws V DDR4-3200 (14-14-14-34) B-Die | MSI 3080 VENTUS 3X OC 10G | Creative Sound Blaster Z | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB M.2 NVMe SSD | WD Black SN750 1TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Samusng 850 Evo 500GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 2TB | WD 640GB Black | Asus BW-12B1ST 12X Blu-ray Burner | Fractal Design Define R5 case | EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2 PSU | Win 10 Pro | 4K w/Hisense 55" U8H Mini LED Quantum ULED 4K TV
                                  HT: Hisense 55" U8H Mini LED Quantum ULED 4K TV | Onkyo TX-SR605 A/V receiver | JBL EC35 center | 2 JBL E30's (fronts, bi-amped) | 2 JBL N24II's (rears) | Homemade Sonosub w/Dayton 12" driver (extension to 14Hz), BASH 300w amp | Panasonic DP-UB820 4K Blu-ray player | Toshiba HD-A2 HD DVD player | Xbox Series X
                                  Camera Gear: Nikon D7000 DSLR | Nikon 16-85mm F3.5-5.6 VR | Nikon 50mm F1.8 G | Sigma 105mm F2.8 EX DG Macro | Slik Pro 700DX tripod legs with Cullmann Magnesit 35Nm ballhead

Comment

Originally posted by DeathKnight View Post
                                    $2000 for the Asus ROG?
                                    and it looks like a boxcar

Comment

I got a 3090 Suprim last go around. The build quality was great on the board.

I put a EKWB water block on the front and an EKWB active water cooled backplate on the back.

The card ran at 75c~80c without the water cooling. It maxes out at 55c now.

EDIT: That 55c is with benchmarking. Gaming usually stays below 50c.
                                      Last edited by andino; Sep 30, 2022, 06:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by andino View Post
                                        I got a 3090 Suprim last go around. The build quality was great on the board.

I put a EKWB water block on the front and an EKWB active water cooled backplate on the back.

The card ran at 75c~80c without the water cooling. It maxes out at 55c now.

EDIT: That 55c is with benchmarking. Gaming usually stays below 50c.
                                        I'll admit I don't know too much about water cooling, I'll have to take a dive into these water cooled GPU's to see if it's worth the hassle over a simpler air cooled card.

Comment

4090 is ~60% faster than 3090 raw which kind of wonders how they calculate their Tflops

https://videocardz.com/newz/geforce-...ench-cuda-test

Reviewers should now have access to the press driver for RTX 4090 GPU, the soon-to-be-released Ada Lovelace flagship graphics card. This upgraded architecture brings 16384 CUDA cores (52% more than RTX 3090 Ti) and much higher clocks.

NVIDIA was reluctant to share any raster workload performance, or any gaming benchmark that would not involve DLSS. As a result, we still do not know how much faster RTX 4090 can be than RTX 3090 Ti in normal synthetic tests. As it turns out, somebody has already tested the card with Geekbench CUDA benchmark, where the GPU scores 417713 points (Update: there is a new score with 424332 points as well).
                                          I talked to the tree. Thats why they put me away!..." Peter Sellers, The Goon Show
                                          Only superficial people cant be superficial... Oscar Wilde

Piledriver Rig 2016: Gigabyte G1 gaming 990fx. FX 8350 cpu. XFX RX 480 GTR Cats 22.7.1, SoundBlaster ZXR, 2 x 8 gig ddr3 1866 Kingston. 1 x 2tb Firecuda seagate with 8 gig mlc SSHD. Sharp 60" 4k 60 hz tv. Win 10 home.

Ryzen Rig 2017: Gigabyte X370 K7 F50d bios. Ryzen 5800X3D :). 2 x 8 ddr4 3600 (@3200) Cas 16 Gskill. Sapphire Vega 64 Reference Cooler Cats 22.4.1. 1700 mhz @1.1v. Soundblaster X Ae5, 32" Dell S3220DGF 1440p Freesync Premium Pro monitor, Kingston A2000 1TB NVME. 4 TB HGST NAS HD. Win 11 pro.

Ignore List: Keystone, Andino... -My Baron, he wishes to inform you that vendetta, as he puts it in the ancient tongue, the art of kanlee is still alive... He does not wish to meet or speak with you...-
                                          "Either half my colleagues are enormously stupid, or else the science of darwinism is fully compatible with conventional religious beliefs and equally compatible with atheism." -Stephen Jay Gould, Rock of Ages.
                                          "The Intelligibility of the Universe itself needs explanation. It is not the gaps of understanding of the world that points to God but rather the very comprehensibility of scientific and other forms of understanding that requires an explanation." -Richard Swinburne

www.realitysandwich.com

www.plasma-universe.com/pseudoskepticism/

Comment

Originally posted by pax View Post
                                            4090 is ~60% faster than 3090 raw which kind of wonders how they calculate their Tflops

https://videocardz.com/newz/geforce-...ench-cuda-test
                                            If that is true then it's 10% faster than the 3090 was vs the 2080TI. Pretty good raster performance and on par with the 1080TI performance leap while having 2X RT and DLSS throughput over last gen on top of it all.

Comment

Originally posted by SIrPauly View Post
                                              It's not perfect but in many games it is a fidelity jump over 4k native+Taa due to how good or poor the Taa implementation is. I really checked out Dlss in conjunction with DLDSR and really helps minimize remaining artifacts but one needs powerful hardware.
                                              I'm trying the DLDSR plus DLSS in Rise of the Tomb Raider. Impressive so far.

Good results in the benchmark so maybe I can push the setting for DLSS from Balanced to Quality?
                                              Intel 10600K @4.9GHz, Nvidia RTX 3070(ZOTAC Twin Edge),MSI MPG 490 Gaming Edge, Corsair Vengeance 16GB 3200MHZ,LG 27GL850-B.

Comment

Originally posted by NIGELG View Post

Good results in the benchmark so maybe I can push the setting for DLSS from Balanced to Quality?
                                                Yeah, try it! Do you notice IQ issues with balanced?

Comment

Originally posted by acroig View Post
                                                  Yeah, try it! Do you notice IQ issues with balanced?
                                                  Not too much. Some odd shimmering in places or texture pop in.
                                                  Intel 10600K @4.9GHz, Nvidia RTX 3070(ZOTAC Twin Edge),MSI MPG 490 Gaming Edge, Corsair Vengeance 16GB 3200MHZ,LG 27GL850-B.

Comment

Not too much. Some odd shimmering in places or texture pop in.
                                                    Ok, got it.

Comment

I'll admit I don't know too much about water cooling, I'll have to take a dive into these water cooled GPU's to see if it's worth the hassle over a simpler air cooled card.
                                                      Do you like a quiet and cool card?

I did the AIO hybrid cards from EVGA since the 980ti's. Had 980ti's, 1080ti's, and 2080 super hybrids. They are all pretty good at cooling. The 2080's needed a bigger rad but you get what you get. They still have some fan noise though.

With the 3090 I went full custom loop. It's much quieter and cools a whole lot better than the AIOs. The downside is that you have to get new water blocks after every update. IMO, it's not that bad of a price to pay as you get near quiet gaming. I don't like playing video games when my computer sounds like a hair dryer.

Comment

Considering most AIO systems for GPUs are still stuck on a single 360rad, I'd pass. Thin 360 rad with a weak pump is just not enough for 450watts.

Custom loop >>>>>
                                                        Originally posted by curio
                                                        Eat this protein bar, for it is of my body. And drink this creatine shake, for it is my blood.
                                                        "If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe

Comment

4090 Strix Mother Card

Comment

Yeah, ppl with SFF builds will have a rough time with this gen.

I guess you technically can do an sff build with watercooling, but it won't be a quiet one.

Comment

Trying will not hurt -- give it a try! Where DLDSR shines is with a 4K monitor from a fidelity point of view -- really helps to minimize the remaining artifacts.

Edit:

Here is Rise of the Tomb Raider with DLDSR/Dlss at 5K

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yC9pk1kx0OA&t=189s
                                                              Last edited by SIrPauly; Oct 1, 2022, 03:33 PM.
                                                              Really enjoy 3d gaming flexibility; a gamer's best friend!

Comment

Really enjoy reading the White Papers:

https://images.nvidia.com/aem-dam/So...chitecture.pdf
                                                                Really enjoy 3d gaming flexibility; a gamer's best friend!

Comment

NVIDIA Updates Hopper H100 Datacenter GPU FP32 Performance from 60 to 67 TFLOPS

That’s a 11.7% jump (rounded to the nearest tenth).

NVIDIA is now displaying more accurate single-precision and double precision performance for its newest H100 GPU. The FP64 has increased from 30 TFLOPS to 34, while FP32 has been updated from 60 to 67 TFLOPs.

What this essentially means that the GPU equipped with 16896 CUDA cores will have higher GPU clock than previously reported. Not 1775 MHz, but at least 1982 MHz. The GH100 GPU features the same TSMC N4 custom process that Ada Lovelace architecture does, so there was definitely some room for improvement.

The Tensor Core accelerated compute numbers, for INT8, FP8, FP16, BFLOT16 have been updated as well, showing slightly lower estimates. Just a reminder that those are not raw compute performance numbers, but boosted through sparsity.

Sources: VideoCardz.com, NVIDIA

Comment

Some benchmarks (real/fake ??)
                                                                    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQRm...=MikeBenchmark

(vs = 3090 Ti); most benchies at 1440p

Cyberpunk 92 vs 60
                                                                    AC Valhalla 112 vs 71
                                                                    RDR 2 123 vs 89
                                                                    WD Legion 92 vs 68
                                                                    God of war 119 vs 79 (4K)

so about 50% as fast in most cases
                                                                    Core i7-12700K @Stock + Lian Li Galahad 240 || GB Z690-Gaming X || 32 GB RAM || Palit GTX 3090 Game Rock || Corsair HX 1200 PSU || Corsair 7000D AIR Case
                                                                    Core i5-12400 || Asus Z690 Tuf || 16 GB RAM || Integrated Audio/Video || TT 750 Watt PSU || Corsair Air 540

Comment

That would suggest that raster performance is up there.

Posted the link on Discord Rage, TY.

Comment

Is this expected to be a paper launch? I've got $1600 just burning a hole in my pocket.

Comment

Originally posted by Dungeoncrawler View Post
                                                                          Is this expected to be a paper launch? I've got $1600 just burning a hole in my pocket.
                                                                          Nascar has the same problem you do.

Comment

Do you even 4k, brah?
                                                                            Member of the Glorious PC Gaming Master Race-"Doesn't any game maker know how to make a PC feeling game anymore? I hate all this console afterbirth crap we're getting lately."

Comment

hope i can get 5 to 10 for resale

Comment

I don't think so. Local dealers (zotac and palit) are all set to ship cards and are only held back by Nvidia stipulated shipping dates. And I am talking about a really, really small market for high end cards that number in 100s. Asus and GB (again local) are promising early November shipping.

I am sure things are bound to be better in larger markets.

...zotac cards do look interesting...
                                                                                Core i7-12700K @Stock + Lian Li Galahad 240 || GB Z690-Gaming X || 32 GB RAM || Palit GTX 3090 Game Rock || Corsair HX 1200 PSU || Corsair 7000D AIR Case
                                                                                Core i5-12400 || Asus Z690 Tuf || 16 GB RAM || Integrated Audio/Video || TT 750 Watt PSU || Corsair Air 540

Comment

Assuming nV has been racking up cards since August and GPU mining is dead then the outlook is much better.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                  X