Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nvidia Driver Release 163.67

Get em' Right HERE

Just installed them, will give them a try. Release notes mention Bioshock improvements, Crysis support, and memory fixes with high setting. Hopefully the Alt-Tab bug has been fixed.

Originally posted by Reynaldo View Post
    Get em' Right HERE

Just installed them, will give them a try. Release notes mention Bioshock improvements, Crysis support, and memory fixes with high setting. Hopefully the Alt-Tab bug has been fixed.
    Which Alt-Tab bug? You mean the Alt-Tab fix? As in having to Alt-Tab for 320mb users to get their performance back?
    Last edited by moshpit; Sep 10, 2007, 10:29 AM.
    If you feel like I'm hurting your wittle feelings too much, refer me to this thread : A new nicer moshpit???
    "Go screw yourself Apple."

Comment

Originally posted by moshpit View Post
      Which Alt-Tab bug? You mean the Alt-Tab fix? As in having to Alt-Tab for 320mb users to get their performance back.
      Ive given these a try this morning. Not that I was having problems with Bioshock, it runs great otherwise.

My problem is with EQ2, and having two cards in my machine. These made no difference with this.

Anyway.. Seem good thus far otherwise. (just tried some BF2142 as well, and all is good there too.)
      Originally posted by Redeemed
      Granted, this is coming from the fella' who's had over 1,000lbs of bucking muscle under neath him.
      Originally posted by John Smith
      "Fail" = verb "Failure" = noun

Comment

Get em' Right HERE

The bug was fixed in a microsoft update in vista. http://www.extremetech.com/article2/...2177716,00.asp
        "In the year 2004, ATi fans marveled in their own magnificence as ATi gave birth to catalyst A.I . We don't know who struck first, nVidia or us, but it is us who scorched the IQ forever"
        R.I.P Vasi, 2002-2011
        R.I.P Muha, 2010-2021

Comment

Gotta love nV! They already have a Crysis performance driver!

I hear these boost performance in Bioshock and MOH:A so I'll give them a try later on after I finish downloading the ET:QW demo.

PS: Gracias chamo for the link!

Comment

I believe that's a completely diferent bug. The Microsoft fix lowers game memory usage, the problem I'm mentioning is caused by bad video card memory management from the drivers themselves. It's been confirmed by Nvidia, and yes, I meant the Alt+Tab fix, not bug

Comment

Hey guys don't forget that if your running Vista Microsoft has 4 big hotfixes they put out for Geforce owners.

You can get them all from here. Microsoft Windows Vista Hotfixes

These should all be in the first service pack for vista.
              eVGA nForce 680i SLi
              Intel Q6600 Quad Core Stock @ 2.4GHz
              nVidia 8800GTX @ stock speeds
              2GB Crucial Ballistix DDR2 @ 800mhz 4-4-4-12 1T
              Seagate Barracuda 320GB SATA2
              PC Power & Cooling Turbo-Cool 1KW
              COOLER MASTER Stacker Black Aluminum ATX Full Tower
              Westinghouse 22in wide screen LCD @ 1680x1050

Report a bug with the NVIDIA graphics driver.

Comment

Originally posted by acroig View Post
                Gotta love nV! They already have a Crysis performance driver!

I hear these boost performance in Bioshock and MOH:A so I'll give them a try later on after I finish downloading the ET:QW demo.

PS: Gracias chamo for the link!
                De nada my friend.

Comment

Vengie! Always nice to see you around man!

Comment

Originally posted by acroig View Post
                    Vengie! Always nice to see you around man!
                    I took a few weeks off, but Rage is like a home away from home.
                    eVGA nForce 680i SLi

Comment

Originally posted by Vengeance View Post
                      I took a few weeks off, but Rage is like a home away from home.
                      Dude, I'm glad you didn't leave us! We've lost sooo many good people in the last few months and I'm glad you're not one of them.

Comment

OC isn't working for me and a few others. tried Rivatuner and ATITool. Well, memory does overclock, but the core and the shaders don't.

Comment

OC isn't working for me and a few others. tried Rivatuner and ATITool. Well, memory does overclock, but the core and the shaders don't.
                          No way! I'll try them later today and let you guys know.

Comment

Found this searching about the OC issues:

Originally posted by [email protected] Forums
                            Guys, I've got very good news for G80 owners. I've just examined overclocking interfaces of newly released 163.67 drivers and I was really pleased to see that NVIDIA finally added an ability of independent shader clock adjustment. As you probably know, with the past driver families the ForceWare automatically overclocked G80 shader domain synchronicallly with ROP domain using BIOS defined Shader/ROP clock ratio. Starting from 163.67 drivers internal ForceWare overclocking interfaces no longer scale shader domain clock when ROP clock is adjusted and the driver now provides completely independent shader clock adjustment interface. It means that starting from ForceWare 163.67 all overclocking tools like RivaTuner, nTune, PowerStrip or ATITool will adjust ROP clock only.
                            However, new revisions of these tools supporting new overclocking interfaces will probably allow you to adjust shader clock too. Now I've played with new interfaces and upcoming v2.04 will contain an experimental feature allowing power users to definie custom Shader/ROP ratio via the registry, so RT will clock shader domain together with ROP domain using user defined ratio.
                            And v2.05 will give you completely independent slider for adjusting shader clock independently of core clock.

Comment

Wow!!! Now what do we do with that??? Does that mean we should up the shader clocks more or up the ROP clocks more? Which will be more beneficial? I can certainly see scenarios where shader upclocking would make a big difference, and vice versa, ROP clocks for older games. Which way to go? Now I'm confused
                              If you feel like I'm hurting your wittle feelings too much, refer me to this thread : A new nicer moshpit???

Comment

Wow!!! Now what do we do with that??? Does that mean we should up the shader clocks more or up the ROP clocks more? Which will be more beneficial? I can certainly see scenarios where shader upclocking would make a big difference, and vice versa, ROP clocks for older games. Which way to go? Now I'm confused
                                It has been my experience that the shader clock (which is high enough already) seems to halt the overclocking potential of the G80s. I truly welcome this as now every G80 owner can custom tune their overclocks!

Comment

The shader processors will likely be more lenient to clock adjustments than the ROP processors. But when you dont overclock both your performance wont scale as linerarly. Either way you may be able to get more performance in certain titles by adjusting the ROPS rather than the shader processors. It's definately an interesting feature to mess with.

Chris
                                  Chris 'ChrisRay' Arthington
                                  1983 - 2010
                                  May you rest in peace

--

|CPU: Intel I7 Lynnfield @ 3.2 Ghz|Mobo:Asus P7P55 WS Supercomputer |Memory:8 Gigs DDR3 1333|Video:Geforce GTX 295 Quad SLI|Monitor:Samsung Syncmaster 1680x1080 3D Vision\/Olevia 27 Inch Widescreen HDTV 1920x1080

|CPU: AMD Phenom 9600 Black Edition @ 2.5 Ghz|Mobo:Asus M3n HT Deluxe Nforce 780A|Memory: 4 gigs DDR2 800| Video: Geforce GTX 280x2 SLI

Nzone
                                  SLI Forum Administrator

NVIDIA User Group Members receive free software and/or hardware from NVIDIA from time to time to facilitate the evaluation of NVIDIA products. However, the opinions expressed are solely those of the members

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisRay View Post
                                    It's definately an interesting feature to mess with.

Chris
                                    I can't wait to mess with this. Too cool.

Comment

Get em' Right HERE
                                      You can get them all from here. Microsoft Windows Vista Hotfixes
                                      and the new vista drivers for 650i sli motherboard: http://www.nvidia.com/object/winvista_32_15.08.html

I will try to install all these drivers over the weekend, this is just too many drivers for me at once.
                                      Originally posted by John C Flett
                                      I'd swear the PC is the Dracula of gaming. Old and powerful, somebody is always trying to kill it, but it always comes back from the dead, strong as ever.
                                      Originally posted by H001iGAN
                                      no matter how you look at it, it's still better on PC

Comment

Ouch....Warhammer: Age of Reckoning Beta crashes hard for me on start up, after loading these drivers (XP Pro 32bit, eVGA 8800 GTS 320mb Superclocked).

Will try and roll back and see if thats what was definitely doing it.
                                        "A child of five could understand this. Fetch me a child of five." -Groucho Marx

Comment

Originally posted by mdrnhl View Post
                                          Ouch....Warhammer: Age of Reckoning Beta crashes hard for me on start up, after loading these drivers (XP Pro 32bit, eVGA 8800 GTS 320mb Superclocked).

Will try and roll back and see if thats what was definitely doing it.
                                          Had to roll back to 163.44 to get it working again
                                          "A child of five could understand this. Fetch me a child of five." -Groucho Marx

Comment

Which Alt-Tab bug? You mean the Alt-Tab fix? As in having to Alt-Tab for 320mb users to get their performance back?
                                            Haven't tried the drivers myself, but from what I've read the texture eviction bug should be fixed in this version
                                            72 virgins can never stop a war, but 100,000 hookers can beat the Marine Corp in stopping hatred.
                                            Fighting will cease when everyone is getting blowjobs, that’s when we’ll finally have world peace

Comment

Originally posted by dev/null View Post
                                              Haven't tried the drivers myself, but from what I've read the texture eviction bug should be fixed in this version
                                              !!!! Really? OMG, that would be SOOO cool! Do you remember where you read that? I don't have my 320mb anymore to test with, and I've never suffered it on my 640mb card, but I have quite a few friends on the 320mb card who this would be of GREAT interest to.

Comment

!!!! Really? OMG, that would be SOOO cool! Do you remember where you read that? I don't have my 320mb anymore to test with, and I've never suffered it on my 640mb card, but I have quite a few friends on the 320mb card who this would be of GREAT interest to.
                                                nVnews link
                                                72 virgins can never stop a war, but 100,000 hookers can beat the Marine Corp in stopping hatred.
                                                Fighting will cease when everyone is getting blowjobs, that’s when we’ll finally have world peace

Comment

Originally posted by dev/null View Post
                                                  Ty, + reps

Comment

Too late for me now. I ditched my 320MB'er quite a while ago, hehe. Glad to hear Nvidia finally figured out the problem (or likely were told what the problem was) and fixed it.

Not sure I'm going to touch these yet. I don't feel like screwing around with more overclock options and not being able to use ATITool right now for everything. The 163.44's are working just fine for me (no Bioshock performance issues either with everything maxed).
                                                    AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | Fractal Design Celsius S24 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite | 2 x 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws V DDR4-3200 (14-14-14-34) B-Die | MSI 3080 VENTUS 3X OC 10G | Creative Sound Blaster Z | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB M.2 NVMe SSD | WD Black SN750 1TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Samusng 850 Evo 500GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 2TB | WD 640GB Black | Asus BW-12B1ST 12X Blu-ray Burner | Fractal Design Define R5 case | EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2 PSU | Win 10 Pro | 4K w/Hisense 55" U8H Mini LED Quantum ULED 4K TV
                                                    HT: Hisense 55" U8H Mini LED Quantum ULED 4K TV | Onkyo TX-SR605 A/V receiver | JBL EC35 center | 2 JBL E30's (fronts, bi-amped) | 2 JBL N24II's (rears) | Homemade Sonosub w/Dayton 12" driver (extension to 14Hz), BASH 300w amp | Panasonic DP-UB820 4K Blu-ray player | Toshiba HD-A2 HD DVD player | Xbox Series X
                                                    Camera Gear: Nikon D7000 DSLR | Nikon 16-85mm F3.5-5.6 VR | Nikon 50mm F1.8 G | Sigma 105mm F2.8 EX DG Macro | Slik Pro 700DX tripod legs with Cullmann Magnesit 35Nm ballhead

Comment

Originally posted by DeathKnight View Post
                                                      Not sure I'm going to touch these yet. I don't feel like screwing around with more overclock options and not being able to use ATITool right now for everything. The 163.44's are working just fine for me (no Bioshock performance issues either with everything maxed).
                                                      I'll wait until Unwinder realeases a new RivaTuner with separate clocks support.

Comment

They're working A-OK for me in XP right now, overclocking and all (using RT v2.03). Can't really tell any differences in anything though. I haven't tried them in Vista yet though cos that's where I heard the troubles are with these.

@TRD They're working fine on my machine that has a 7800gt in it. No change that I can see in performance or anything, but the only game that's been played on it since I installed them has been that free PoP game, and 3DMark06 where my score is virtually the same as it was with the 44's.

The new overclocking methods seem really cool, can't wait to see what Unwinder does with the next version of RT. Oh and great news about the alt-tab bug/fix, that'll make ALOT of 8800 owners happy.
                                                        "Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

Comment

Originally posted by Jokerzwild View Post
                                                          They're working A-OK for me in XP right now, overclocking and all (using RT v2.03). Can't really tell any differences in anything though. I haven't tried them in Vista yet though cos that's where I heard the troubles are with these.

@TRD They're working fine on my machine that has a 7800gt in it. No change that I can see in performance or anything, but the only game that's been played on it since I installed them has been that free PoP game, and 3DMark06 where my score is virtually the same as it was with the 44's.

The new overclocking methods seem really cool, can't wait to see what Unwinder does with the next version of RT. Oh and great news about the alt-tab bug/fix, that'll make ALOT of 8800 owners happy.
                                                          so your 7800GT on XP, so are the drivers having trouble in vista with a 7800GT?
                                                          CPU-Z Validated system specs
                                                          Sh4dowGr1p on BF3
                                                          Samsung 43" 3D PLASMA PN43D490 l XBOX 360 20GB - PS3 40GB -
                                                          Saitek Eclipse | My Games | Panasonic 37" TC-37LZ800

Gigabyte mobo
                                                          Intel Core 2 Duo
                                                          EVGA 7800GT
                                                          GSkill 4GB 2x2
                                                          DELL 19" LCD
                                                          Seagate 120GB
                                                          Pioneer DVD Burner
                                                          Logitech Elite
                                                          Windows 7 Pro

Comment

I just tried these drivers out in Bioshock with my 8800GTX. My FPS are exactly the same but I did notice something new. The AA is now working on all surfaces. Wall textures, Door frames, just about every surface in the game is being smoothed out. It looks like they managed to get AA to properly do it's job with this update. The catch is that it is compleatly unplayable. My FPS used to drop from 50FPS to 38FPS when I enabled 4X AA. Now my FPS drop all the way down to 12FPS. Turning on 4X AA gives me a 31FPS loss to my minimum frame rate. The game is unplayable with AA. I can't understand why 4XAA would cause such a large performance loss. Maybe dual 8800 Ultras overclocked could handle this without dropping below 30FPS but I doubt even that kind of power could handle it. Hopefully it's just a bug or something.

Comment

Drivers seem great to me in everything I have played so far.
                                                              eVGA nForce 680i SLi

Comment

Drivers seem great to me in everything I have played so far.
                                                                After I got my EQ2 bug worked out, everything is golden here as well.
                                                                Granted, this is coming from the fella' who's had over 1,000lbs of bucking muscle under neath him.

Comment

Originally posted by VW_Factor View Post
                                                                  After I got my EQ2 bug worked out, everything is golden here as well.
                                                                  What was the bug and fix?

Comment

Originally posted by cybrsage View Post
                                                                    What was the bug and fix?
                                                                    Depending on driver set, if SLI was enabled even if the application profile was set to Single GPU mode, the game would stutter and chop horribly regardless of graphics settings, etc.

These last two sets of Betas, if I disable SLI in the Set SLI Config. option, the game runs great. Its a work around for the time being, as I cant have SLI enabled, use single GPU and then just use SLIxAA (that was my hope, because EQ2 is CPU bound).

Anyway, heres hoping a future driver will clear that issue up.

Comment

Depending on driver set, if SLI was enabled even if the application profile was set to Single GPU mode, the game would stutter and chop horribly regardless of graphics settings, etc.

These last two sets of Betas, if I disable SLI in the Set SLI Config. option, the game runs great. Its a work around for the time being, as I cant have SLI enabled, use single GPU and then just use SLIxAA (that was my hope, because EQ2 is CPU bound).

Ah, ok. Was curious as my wife's EQ2 game studders. Her system is old, though, and needs to be replaced and she will not let me turn down the eye candy too much...

Was hoping for a "just do this" miracle...money for her PC comes from the "upgrade the HTPC" fund

Comment

Originally posted by TRD Supra View Post
                                                                        so your 7800GT on XP, so are the drivers having trouble in vista with a 7800GT?
                                                                        On the machine I have the 7800gt in I don't have Vista installed so I don't know. If I get time tonight I'll throw the 7800gt in my other pc that has Vista on it and check it out for ya. What games would you want me to check?
                                                                        "Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

Comment

Originally posted by cybrsage View Post
                                                                          Ah, ok. Was curious as my wife's EQ2 game studders. Her system is old, though, and needs to be replaced and she will not let me turn down the eye candy too much...

Was hoping for a "just do this" miracle...money for her PC comes from the "upgrade the HTPC" fund
                                                                          Unless you are lookin for more AF, AA, or running more particle effects, more CPU power scales this game better, and more RAM. Definately look into this aspect of it.

Comment

Did the profile I give you not work with the new drivers? Since I cant reproduce the stuttering. It's hard for me to troubleshoot it. But the profile I gave you should have solved the performance deficits you were getting.

Chris
                                                                            Chris 'ChrisRay' Arthington
                                                                            1983 - 2010
                                                                            May you rest in peace

--

|CPU: Intel I7 Lynnfield @ 3.2 Ghz|Mobo:Asus P7P55 WS Supercomputer |Memory:8 Gigs DDR3 1333|Video:Geforce GTX 295 Quad SLI|Monitor:Samsung Syncmaster 1680x1080 3D Vision\/Olevia 27 Inch Widescreen HDTV 1920x1080

|CPU: AMD Phenom 9600 Black Edition @ 2.5 Ghz|Mobo:Asus M3n HT Deluxe Nforce 780A|Memory: 4 gigs DDR2 800| Video: Geforce GTX 280x2 SLI

Nzone
                                                                            SLI Forum Administrator

NVIDIA User Group Members receive free software and/or hardware from NVIDIA from time to time to facilitate the evaluation of NVIDIA products. However, the opinions expressed are solely those of the members

Comment

#40
                                                                              Originally posted by ChrisRay View Post
                                                                              Did the profile I give you not work with the new drivers? Since I cant reproduce the stuttering. It's hard for me to troubleshoot it. But the profile I gave you should have solved the performance deficits you were getting.

Chris
                                                                              It got better performance, however it did not solve the stuttering. The stuttering occurred regardless of graphics settings. I might be able to fraps what is going on with it. Anyway, its not that frame rate is bad, the framerate will be great. However it chops and stutters in random areas (some of the stuttering gets a pause of a full second or two). When its not in the middle of a stutter, the framerate however is very good. Edit : To be more clear the stutter isnt a period of bad framerate (such as a sudden weird drop in frames from say 60 to 15), its a full on pausing of teh framerate, for periods of at least a half second or more. So I can be toolin around at 60 fps, and then I get a pausing for about 10 seconds of time, then 30 seconds later, it will happen again.

I started a support ticket with eVGA and it sounds like their support guy was able to replicate the issue on similar hardware to my own (and my wifes machine). It may very well just be an issue with my hardware arrangement. At any rate, eVGA has gotten the information to nvidia (or so support said). Of course, I shouldnt expect a fix for it anytime soon. Who knows, maybe the live update this morning cleared up the issue? I'll give 'er another whack again.

Anyway, if you wish to continue about it, lets get into PM. I dont want to get this thread too off topic.
                                                                              Last edited by VW_Factor; Sep 12, 2007, 01:42 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                                                              X