Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How does MMC recognize Video In capability?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How does MMC recognize Video In capability?

I've recently come across a pinout of the Rage Theatre chip, and I am going to try to add VIVO to my Radeon8500LE. I already flashed the card with the PowerColor 8500 VIVO BIOS, so the BIOS should at least have support for VIVO.

Now what I need to know is how the MMC knows if a card has Video In support. Does it take the information from the card's BIOS or is it in the PCI number that's hard coded into the board? I tried installing the VIVO WDM, but nothing happened upon reboot. I then installed MMC and no TV or Video In option was listed.

I tried reinstalling the card as the AIW 8500 and then the VIVO WDM and then MMC again, but still with the same result, no Video In support in MMC.

Therefore, I'm under the impression that MMC reads for VIVO support by looking at the PCI ID. Does anyone know for sure? If this is true, how did PowerColor manage to make an 8500LE-based VIVO card? They use the same drivers as on ATi's site..

Thanks for any help you can provide!
    MSI KT3 Ultra w/ vmod
    AMD Athlon XP AGOIA 1600+ @ 1.87GHz (10x187), 2.05v
    256MB PC2700 True Samsung RAM @ 2-2-5-2-4W-8QW-1T
    ATi Radeon 8500 stock speeds = 10,039 3dMarks
    AX-7 with adjustable Enermax 53cfm 92mm
    Win2k Pro w/SP3

What is the ASIC ID (Device ID) of your card?

Comment

514C, which is the same for all 8500 series cards. However there are subsys IDs as well. That's what determines the differences. I already hacked the drivers though so that it automatically loads my card as a 8500 AIW. Now, I'm thinking that I just have to hack the VIVO WDM files and I should be home free with VIVO!
      MSI KT3 Ultra w/ vmod
      AMD Athlon XP AGOIA 1600+ @ 1.87GHz (10x187), 2.05v
      256MB PC2700 True Samsung RAM @ 2-2-5-2-4W-8QW-1T
      ATi Radeon 8500 stock speeds = 10,039 3dMarks
      AX-7 with adjustable Enermax 53cfm 92mm
      Win2k Pro w/SP3

Comment

Working...
      X