AIW 128 Pro reverts to standard PCI (VGA) adapter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AIW 128 Pro reverts to standard PCI (VGA) adapter

Just found this forum through a Google search for AIW troubleshooting and was wondering if someone has had a similar problem to what I am experiencing. Whenever I install/upgrade software or make a change to Windows 98 SE settings that requires a reboot, the hardware wizard reappears saying that it has detected a new standard PCI (VGA) adapter card and will look for software to install it! After cancelling and rebooting, the display reverts back to the normal one that I had set previously (16-bit, 1152x864). When I called ATI for help, they suggested that it was a problem with Windows or the registry. I've installed the latest set of ATI drivers (4.13.7192 - Oct.22/01) and the latest BIOS (1007) and VIA 4in1 files (4.34) for my motherboard (ASUS A7V133) to no avail. I've tried changing the AGP settings from 4X to 2X to 1X with no effect. Everything else about the card is working great including TV.

Your at least farther along than I am.I have the same motherboard as you.I can't get the old drivers unistalled from my old ati rage pro card.when I got it changed to standard pci graphics,and put the new card in I can't install the drivers (get error mess.)and pnp does not recognise new card(ati aiw 128 pro)

Comment

Fixed it after some trial and error

After fiddling around with the drivers, etc. for awhile, I ended up changing the display adapter once I was in the standard vga driver mode to the ATI AIW Pro 128 using the "have disk" option and selecting the subdirectory where I had unpacked the latest drivers! Now my new problem is that one of the various upgrades has killed my video recorder !!

Comment

Working...
      X