Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Catalyst Accelerated Parallel Processing???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Catalyst Accelerated Parallel Processing???

What in the world is this Accelerated Parallel Processing stuff? I can guess from the name a bit on how it works but what cards support it? Is there any reason not to D/L the drivers for this? What software actually supports this feature? There's very little information out there about this tech.

Why no real info on this?
    Windows XP Pro SP1 Intergrated
    A7N8X Deluxe 1.04|AMD XP Barton 2500+ @ 2300MHz(11.5x200 @ 1.725)|SLK-800 w/ Smart Fan 2
    SAPPHIRE 9800 Pro 128MB
    KINGSTON 512MB PC3200 @ CL 2.5
    IDE: PIONEER DVR-A05, Western Digital WD800BB, WD1200JB and WD1800JB (380 GB)
    PCI: ATI TV WonderOnboard: 3Com, SoundStorm
    USB: Logitech Wingman Rumble, ATI Remote Wonder, MS IntelliMouse Optical
    Heroichi Electronic HEC-350LDT-R UL RTL(350W)

Comment

Originally posted by So-Unreal View Post
      Why no real info on this?
      It's just stream\opencl.

Comment

Originally posted by NemesisUK View Post
        It's just stream\opencl.
        And what's that? What does it do? What hardware is required? What software makes use of this? Is there any reason for me not to install the drivers package that includes support for this thing?

AMD makes a major driver release featuring this new tech but there seems to be little or no info on it, which is more than a little strange.

Comment

There's plenty of info on it, it's been in every product review of the new HD 6800 series, plus covered in most all the 5000 series before that, and a simple search for ATI STREAM will educate you.

Comment

Originally posted by caveman-jim View Post
            There's plenty of info on it, it's been in every product review of the new HD 6800 series, plus covered in most all the 5000 series before that, and a simple search for ATI STREAM will educate you.
            Thank you! I'll check it out.

While I've found someone responsive, maybe you can help me with my other question here:

http://www.rage3d.com/board/showpost...00&postcount=3

Comment

Working...
            X