Mafia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mafia

Hi, I use the CAT3.0 and DX8.1 and MAFIA is definitively not smooth for me in 1024x768, what about you ?

ps : XP + P4B 2.8Ghz + R9700 PRO + 2x256Mb DDR PC 2700 samsung + ASUS P4G8X
    Last edited by TOMCAT; Feb 22, 2003, 02:38 PM.

Are you using a No-CD-Crack? I tried to play Mafia with that and it stuttered terrible. Playing with the CD inside now again and it works fine.

P4C 2,8 GHz
    Abit IC-7
    2x512 MB DDR400
    Sapphire X800XT PE
    SB Audigy 2
    http://wauggi.deviantart.com/
    http://sunrise-skins.clanohneplan.org/

Comment

Hi , thanks for the answer but it was not my problem.

Well, Mafia is a great game but it is a buggy game too. As I have sometimes no sound in the movies, I have had to do what it is written in the game's readme.txt file : it is to say to use only software sound (see the setup). With this setting I have sound in every movie ... but the game is very very slow ! Now I have let the hardware sound acceleration, I have no sound during the movies, but I have sounds during the game and the game is now smooth. I have activated the subtitle too, to understand what they say in those movies (without sound for me). Well I prefer to read some subtitles than to play to a stutering game. Once again it was not a video card problem, but when you see some stuterings you always thaugh to the video card ... So my R9700 PRO is not the cause of my Problem, I hope that one day we will have some bug's free games.

So to everybody that dont want to read my full post :
      DO NOT USE SOFTWARE SOUND ONLY WITH THIS GAME : IT MAKE BIG SLOW DOWN

ps : I have no sound problem in the other games that I play with, Mafia is the only game with that problem.
      Last edited by TOMCAT; Feb 22, 2003, 02:43 PM.

Comment

Runs fine here fps wise with the latest Omega drivers and dx9. There are still some glitches with the shadows though. Give the Omega drivers a shot, they might help.

Comment

I'm sorry, but are you saying that Mafia runs BETTER with hardware sound enabled?!?

I know it's stupid to ask since that's apparently what you're saying, but that goes contrary to everything I've learned about tweaking.

I'll have to give that a try....
          Just me, no frills. :)

Comment

Originally posted by digitalwanderer
            I'm sorry, but are you saying that Mafia runs BETTER with hardware sound enabled?!?

I know it's stupid to ask since that's apparently what you're saying, but that goes contrary to everything I've learned about tweaking.

I'll have to give that a try....
            All games runs better with hardware sound. You only use software sound to debug or to bypass incompatibilites. It has always been like this.
            I don't know what tweak guide you have be reading, but the guy who wrote it obviously didn't have a clue.
            Last edited by TTCharon; Feb 23, 2003, 03:08 AM.

Comment

Yes hardware acceleration always runs better because then your CPU doesn't have to do all the Sound calculations.

Comment

Yes that's true, in anycase (video & sound) it is better to use hardware than software : hardware is faster, hardware give better quality, hardware let the CPU free.

I have had to switch to software because of my sound problem during the movies. Well I'm a bit surprised that even with a big PC the software sound in this game make it slow down so strong.

Anyway now it is very smooth with the hardware sound and I'm pleased with this game.

Comment

Yes it's a great game till the end the game has a realy nice ending just like in the real mafia movie's Hope they will fix the bug's soon so i can play the game again

Comment

Working...
                  X