Elden Ring: New Fromsoft rpg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tyr-Sog View Post
    I farmed the armor from the knights in Stormveil Castle.
    I put the helmet on and I was noticeably slower.
    Then the boots, then the chest, then I could hardly move lol.
    Yeah there's a stat that governs how much equipment you can carry before you become too weighted down. If you're on the equipment screen, look in the bottom right. You can make your overall number go up with points in Endurance. But as you equip heavier gear it moves you from Light Load > Medium Load > Heavy Load and the heavier you get the more you're slow and can't move as fast.
    "I'll admit it. I did try and **** her, she was married."
    "I moved on her like a bitch. I couldn't get there and she was married."
    "I don't even wait. And when you're a star they let you do it. You can do anything."
    "Grab them by the pussy."

~Donald J. Trump
    "Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe, is that so far none of it has tried to contact us." ~ Calvin & Hobbes
    "Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable." ~ John F. Kennedy (1962)

Comment

Malenia is down. But was not easy for me, I would say probably took about 20-30 tries in all. I think this fight exposed the Sword of Night & Flame's weaknesses. She was able to easily dodge the comet skill, and the flame skill was far too slow to be effective. So I had to rely on good ol' stick and move for most of the fight, and also Flame of Frenzy helped get some staggers.

Definitely the toughest "good" boss fight in the game though. It was mostly a fair fight, except the health steal on any hit she connects with gets kind of lame after a while. Oh, and the scarlet rot in second phase was pretty awful. Have to say, if not for just those two factors she would not have been nearly as tough, even easy maybe. FS definitely decided they wanted to hit the player with the absolute worst damage effects to deal with, and put them in a single boss fight. Yuck.

But hey, its the toughest fight in the game for a reason, totally optional, and a bitch to even get to. Its there for those who seek the ultimate challenge in Elden Ring, and bragging rights.

OK, I think I'm officially done with this game now. Maybe I will revisit for a second playthrough someday down the road, or maybe not. For now I've had my fill, or possibly I am done with FS Souls games. For their next release I would really like them to do something totally different. Just think I've had enough and want to see a next evolution of combat from them.

Comment

So, I went back and beat Godfrey and his Wrestlemania alter ego.

Now I'm on Radagon and that's an AOE spammy mother****er. I get the sense I'll get him down within a few more tries though. I haven't killed Malenia though I've found her doorway. I still need to go down under Farum Azula and take out that big dragon down there.

But all-in-all I'm a point now where I don't know if I'm ready for it to end. I know there's a few bosses I've missed that I might go looking around for, like the 2nd version of Astel, and other random **** like that. I've certainly gotten my 150+ hours worth out of this game.
        "I don't even wait. And when you're a star they let you do it. You can do anything."

~Donald J. Trump
        "Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe, is that so far none of it has tried to contact us." ~ Calvin & Hobbes
        "Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable." ~ John F. Kennedy (1962)

Comment

anyone know what the patch is?
          Never put off tomorrow what you can put off today!

Comment

Originally posted by Meteor_of_War View Post
            Malenia is down. But was not easy for me, I would say probably took about 20-30 tries in all. I think this fight exposed the Sword of Night & Flame's weaknesses. She was able to easily dodge the comet skill, and the flame skill was far too slow to be effective. So I had to rely on good ol' stick and move for most of the fight, and also Flame of Frenzy helped get some staggers.

Definitely the toughest "good" boss fight in the game though. It was mostly a fair fight, except the health steal on any hit she connects with gets kind of lame after a while. Oh, and the scarlet rot in second phase was pretty awful. Have to say, if not for just those two factors she would not have been nearly as tough, even easy maybe. FS definitely decided they wanted to hit the player with the absolute worst damage effects to deal with, and put them in a single boss fight. Yuck.

But hey, its the toughest fight in the game for a reason, totally optional, and a bitch to even get to. Its there for those who seek the ultimate challenge in Elden Ring, and bragging rights.

OK, I think I'm officially done with this game now. Maybe I will revisit for a second playthrough someday down the road, or maybe not. For now I've had my fill, or possibly I am done with FS Souls games. For their next release I would really like them to do something totally different. Just think I've had enough and want to see a next evolution of combat from them.

I’ll be playing with this game for a while, but I won’t (probably) go for another title with this combat system either. Miyazaki needs to get with the times.

All in though, it’s been a good ride.

Comment

Originally posted by shrike126 View Post
              So, I went back and beat Godfrey and his Wrestlemania alter ego.

Now I'm on Radagon and that's an AOE spammy mother****er. I get the sense I'll get him down within a few more tries though. I haven't killed Malenia though I've found her doorway. I still need to go down under Farum Azula and take out that big dragon down there.

But all-in-all I'm a point now where I don't know if I'm ready for it to end. I know there's a few bosses I've missed that I might go looking around for, like the 2nd version of Astel, and other random **** like that. I've certainly gotten my 150+ hours worth out of this game.
              Just ftr- I despise Radagon. Poise through everything, AOE spamming, all over the place stupid goon

Comment

Originally posted by theshadowcult View Post
                It took a while to update for me. I hope it’s optimizations for the stuttering/hitching. It’s been better for me lately, but still hanging occasionally.

Comment

Originally posted by koralis View Post

Ok then, back to the past!
                  That was a bit of a bust. took out the bloodhound knight, but laetanna is dead in my game apparently. Probably because I found the secret amulet by myself.
                  Her ash was sitting by the wolf.

Didn't seem to change anything about the sister afterwards. So, dead end I guess.
                  A hobbiest foundry and forge in progress, plans, suppliers, showcasing ideas

Kcrucible - Playing with Fire

Comment

I have to add one more thing. Fromsoft needs to ditch the platforming. They suck at it, worse than any other game series built on the same engine.

Going to the structure below bestial sanctum, a long drop is fine, but the shorter drop at the end kills me because we just want you dead, annoyed and doing it how we want you to do it.

Seriously the worst

Comment

Additional Elements Added

Added an option to turn camera auto rotate function ON/OFF
                      Added some event phases for the NPC “Patches”
                      Balance adjustments

Increased Colossal Swords/Colossal weapons attack speed and lowered their recovery time. Jump attack not included.
                      Increased the two-handed attack damage of Colossal Swords/Colossal Weapons. Jump attack not included.
                      Increased physical block rate and guard boost of the Colossal Sword, Colossal Weapons, Great Sword, Great Hammer, Great Axe, Great Spear, and Halberd weapon classes.
                      Increased the damage of Grafted Blade Greatsword.
                      Increased the damage of Devourer’s Scepter.
                      Decreased the scaling of status effect build-up from spells and incantations of Albinauric Staff and Dragon Communion Seal.
                      Decreased the effect of Greatshield Talisman for weapons with high block rate.
                      Shortened the length of the madness afflicted animation.
                      Lowered the speed of madness buildup recovery.
                      Slightly increased FP and Stamina growth rate at lower levels*
                      *Players will need to perform any of the following actions for the changes to be reflected. This is required only once. New characters created after this update will not require this action.

Level up
                      Activate Godrick’s Great Rune
                      Re-equipping any equipment (armor, talisman) which grants bonus stat to either Strength, Dexterity, Vigor, Endurance, Intelligence, Faith or Arcane
                      ・Other enemy and weapon balance changes

Sorcery/Incantation

Upward adjustments

Crystal Barrage – Increased cast speed and decreased recovery time
                      Gavel of Haima – Increased cast speed and decreased recovery time. Allows caster to more easily withstand enemies’ attack while casting
                      Shatter Earth – Increased cast speed and decrease recovery time. Allows caster to more easily withstand enemies’ attack while casting
                      Rock Blaster – Decreased recovery time. Allows caster to more easily withstand enemies’ attack while casting
                      Thop’s Barrier – Increased area of effect and slightly increase effect duration
                      Rennala’s Full Moon – Increased cast speed and decreased recovery time.
                      Ranni’s Dark Moon – Increased cast speed and decreased recovery time.
                      Carian Greatsword – Increased cast speed at lower dexterity
                      Magma Shot – Decreased FP cost and increased cast speed
                      Roiling Magma – Increased cast speed and decreased time until magma explodes
                      Gelmir’s Fury – Slightly decreased the random nature of projectile’s range and increased the damage of lava pool. Increased the hitbox
                      Rykard’s Rancor – Decreased FP cost
                      Oracle Bubbles – Increased cast speed and decreased recovery time.
                      Great Oracular Bubble – Increased cast speed and decreased recovery time.
                      Briars of Sin – Decreased recovery time. Increased blood loss buildup on enemy
                      Briars of Punishment – Decreased recovery time. Increased blood loss buildup on enemy
                      Explosive Ghostflame – Decreased FP cost and recovery time
                      Tibia’s Summon – Increased damage and cast speed
                      Aspects of the Crucible: Tail – Decreased FP and Stamina cost
                      Aspects of the Crucible: Horns – Decreased FP and Stamina cost, Increase cast speed. Increased the distance traveled when not charged and made it easier to cause enemies to flinch when charged
                      Elden Stars – Increased cast speed and decreased recovery time
                      Black Blade – Decreased Stamina consumption and decreased recovery time
                      Discus of Light – Decreased FP cost. Increased damage and cast speed
                      Triple Rings of Light – Increased damage
                      Radagon’s Rings of Light – Decreased FP cost. Increased damage and cast speed. Decreased recovery time.
                      Lightning Strike – Decreased Stamina cost. Increased cast speed and decreased recovery time.
                      Honed Bolt – Increased cast speed and decreased recovery time.
                      Ancient Dragons’ Lightning Spear – Decreased FP and Stamina cost. Increased cast speed and decreased recovery time. Allows caster to more easily withstand enemy attacks while casting.
                      Ancient Dragons’ Lightning Strike – Decreased recovery time
                      Lansseax’s Glaive – Decreased FP and Stamina cost. Increased cast speed and decreased recovery time. Allows caster to more easily withstand enemy’ attacks while casting.
                      Fortissax’s Lightning Spear – Decreased FP and Stamina cost. Increased cast speed and decreased recovery time. Allows caster to withstand enemy attack while casting more easily.
                      Frozen Lightning Spear – Decreased Stamina cost. Increased cast speed and decreased recovery time. Allows caster to more easily withstand enemy attack while casting.
                      Death Lightning – Decreased FP cost, Increased the duration of death-accumulating smoke
                      O, Flame! – Increased damage
                      Giantsflame Take Thee – Decreased Stamina Cost
                      Flame of the Fell God – Decreased FP cost and increased damage
                      Whirl, O Flame! – Increased damage, decreased recovery time
                      Burn, O Flame! – Increased cast speed and decreased recovery time.
                      Black Flame – Increase damage and the spell can break enemy’s guard more easily.
                      Scouring Black Flame – Decreased FP cost and recovery time. Increased attack range and area of effect.
                      Black Flame Ritual – Reduced FP cost and increased damage.
                      Gurranq’s Beast Claw – Increased damage and decreased recovery time.
                      Bloodflame Talons – Decreased FP cost and increased cast speed. Decreased recovery time.
                      Bloodboon – Increased damage. Increased cast speed and decreased effect start-up time, decreased recovery time.
                      Pest Threads – Decreased Stamina cost.
                      Scarlet Aeonia – Increased cast speed and decreased recovery time. Allows caster to more easily withstand enemy attacks while casting.
                      Unendurable Frenzy – Increased cast speed and decreased recovery time. Decreased the random nature of projectile’s range and increased Madness buildup on enemies.
                      Inescapable Frenzy – Increased cast speed.
                      Placidusax’s Ruin – Decreased FP, Stamina cost and recovery time.
                      Dragonclaw – Decreased FP, Stamina cost and recovery time and made it easier to cause enemies to flinch when charged.
                      Dragonmaw – Decreased FP, stamina cost, recovery time and increased cast speed and made it easier to cause enemies to flinch when charged.
                      Greyoll’s Roar – Decreased FP, Stamina cost and recovery time.
                      Upward and downward adjustments

Adula’s Moonblade – Decreased the power of single cast and improved performance so that the blades and frost hit more consistently and continuously. Increased cast speed at lower dexterity.
                      Flame, Fall Upon Them – Decreased the damage of single cast and improved the performance so that it hits the enemy multiple times. Decreased FP cost.
                      Howl of Shabriri – Decreased the madness buildup on the enemy. Increased cast speed and decreased recovery time.
                      Downward adjustments

Swarm of Flies – Decreased blood loss buildup on enemy.
                      The Flame of Frenzy – Decreased madness buildup on enemy.
                      Frenzied Burst – Decreased madness buildup on enemy.
                      Weapon Skill

Upward adjustments

Lion’s Claw – Increased cast speed and decreased recovery time.
                      Kick – Increased cast speed.
                      Hoarah Loux’s Earthshaker – Increased cast speed. Increased cast speed on follow up input, decreased recovery time.
                      Troll’s Roar – Decreased Stamina Cost. Increased cast speed on follow up input, increased distance traveled.
                      Giant Hunt – Decreased recovery time.
                      Storm Assault – Decreased recovery time.
                      Carian Greatsword – Increased cast speed and decreased recovery time. Increased the damage when charged and made it easier to cause enemies to flinch.
                      Carian Grandeur – Increased cast speed and decreased recovery time. Increased the damage when charge and made it easier to cause enemies to flinch.
                      Gravitas – Increased cast speed.
                      Flaming Strike – Increased the travel distance of a stepping cleave in a strong attack.
                      Black Flame Tornado – Added hitbox to weapon when spinning, and added a window to roll during the attack to cancel the animation.
                      Lightning Slash – Increased cast speed. Added a hitbox to the stomp animation.
                      Sacred Blade – Increased cast speed.
                      Sacred Ring of Light – Increased cast speed.
                      Poisonous Mist – Increased cast speed.
                      Poison Moth Flight – Increased cast speed and decreased recovery time.
                      Ice Spear – Added a hitbox to the weapon’s spinning animation.
                      Chilling Mist – Increased cast speed.
                      Assassin’s Gambit – Increased cast speed.
                      Shield Bash – Increased cast speed.
                      Shield Crash – Decreased Stamina cost. Increased cast speed.
                      Blade of Gold – Decreased Stamina cost. Increased cast speed and decreased recovery time.
                      Blade of Death – Increased cast speed and decreased recovery time.
                      Golden Tempering – Decreased FP cost and increased cast speed. Increased effect duration.
                      Last Rites – Increased cast speed.
                      Mists of Slumber – Increased cast speed.
                      Eochaid’s Dancing Blade – Increased travel distance, added a window to roll during the attack to cancel the animation.
                      Unblockable Blade – Increased cast speed with the weapon Coded Sword.
                      Alabaster Lords’ Pull – Increased cast speed and decreased recovery time. Added a window to roll during the attack to cancel the animation.
                      Establish Order – Decreased recovery time and increased cast speed on follow up input. Increased damage. Made it easier to cause enemies to flinch.
                      Moonlight Greatsword – Decreased FP cost. Increased cast speed and decreased recovery time. Increased the frost buildup effect during the skill duration.
                      Wave of Gold – Decreased FP cost. Increased cast speed and decreased recovery time.
                      Wolf’s Assault – Increased cast speed and decreased recovery time.
                      The Queen’s Black Flame – Increased cast speed. Added a window to roll during the attack to cancel the animation.
                      Dynast’s Finesse – Decreased Stamina cost.
                      Flowing Form – Decreased Stamina cost.
                      Death Flare – Increased cast speed.
                      Onyx Lord’s Repulsion – Increased cast speed and decreased recovery time. Added a window to roll during the attack to cancel the animation.
                      Magma Guillotine – Decreased Stamina cost, Increased cast speed. Decreased recovery time on follow up input.
                      Cursed-Blood Slice – Increased cast speed and decreased recovery time.
                      Ice Lightning Sword – Increased cast speed. Added a hitbox to the stomp animation.
                      Rosus’ Summons – Decreased recovery time.
                      I Command Thee, Kneel! – Increased cast speed including follow up input. Added a window to roll during the attack to cancel the animation.
                      Gold Breaker – Decreased FP cost. Increased cast speed and decreased recovery time.
                      Familial Rancor – Added a window to roll during the attack to cancel the animation.
                      Nebula – Increased cast speed and decreased recovery time with the weapon Bastard’s Stars.
                      Regal Beastclaw – Increased cast speed.
                      Devourer of Worlds – Increased cast speed.
                      Regal Roar – Decreased recovery time.
                      Spearcall Ritual – Decreased recovery time.
                      Ancient Lightning Spear – Decreased FP cost and increased cast speed. Allows player to more easily withstand enemies’ attacks while casting.
                      Great-Serpent Hunt – Decreased recovery time and increased damage. Allows player to more easily withstand attacks from enemies.
                      Frenzyflame Thrust – Decreased FP cost, decreased recovery time. Decreased madness buildup on self.
                      Bloodboon Ritual – Increased cast speed.
                      Miquella’s Ring of Light – Increased cast speed.
                      Sea of Magma – Increased cast speed and decreased recovery time. Added a window to roll during the attack to cancel the animation.
                      Flame Dance – Decreased Stamina cost, decreased recovery time. Added a window to roll during the attack to cancel the animation.
                      Storm Kick – Decreased Stamina cost.
                      Bear Witness! – Increased cast speed.
                      Upward and downward adjustments

・Thundercloud Form – Decreased damage when not charged. Decreased FP cost. Increased cast speed and decreased recovery time.

Bug Fixes

Fixed a bug where the damage of Inescapable Frenzy was affected by right hand weapon.
                      Fixed a bug where the damage of the weapon arts “Carian retaliation” was increased by weapon and status, and the effect was not displayed correctly during online multiplay.
                      Fixed a bug where the animation when inflicted with blood loss and frostbite was bigger than originally planned.
                      Fixed a bug during character appearance change menu in which some parameter changes were sometime not reflected.
                      Fixed a bug that prevented a dialog from appearing when executing “Leave” on some items.
                      Fixed a bug that allowed unauthorized items to be passed to other players.
                      Fixed a bug in multiplayer that prevented grace to be registered on the map if it was found just before the player is summoned.
                      Fixed a bug that sometime prevented the mechanic of Rennala Queen Of The Full Moon fight from working properly during cooperative multiplayer.
                      Fixed a bug that sometime prevented the player from entering the boss area after defeating Morgott, the Omen King.
                      Fixed a bug that prevented “Edgar the Revenger” and “Festering Fingerprint Vyke” from invading after defeating all the bosses in Liurnia of the Lake.
                      The item Tonic of Forgetfulness can now be obtained at the Volcano Manor if the player wasn’t able to obtain it due to quest progression.
                      Fixed a bug that caused the reduction of runes due to NPC “Gostoc” when player died in “Stormveil Castle” to occur at an unintended timing.
                      Added a protective barrier to Millicent after helping her at Miquella’s Haligtree so she cannot be unintentionally killed.
                      Fixed a bug that sometime prevented the player from obtaining the reward after defeating the Dung Eater.
                      Fixed a bug that sometime prevented the player from progress Diallos’ questline.
                      Fixed a bug that sometime prevented player from duplicating remembrance at the Walking Mausoleum.
                      Fixed a bug that prevented player from inputting consecutive attacks when dual wielding thrusting sword.
                      Fixed a bug that causes scythe to lose blood loss effect if poison affinity is applied to the weapon.
                      Fixed a bug where the damage of the Iron Greatsword was lower than expected when an affinity is applied.
                      Fixed a bug that caused FP consumption to increase when the player cast Night Comet with charge.
                      Fixed a bug that causes he default key setting on keyboard for weapon skill (Left Ctrl) to not be set (on PC only).
                      Fixed a bug in the Steam version where the history of players who played multiplayer was not displayed correctly under certain circumstances.
                      Increased online multiplayer stability.
                      Fixed a bug that caused incorrect sounds to be played under certain circumstances.
                      Fixed a bug that caused some places on the map to have incorrect visual and hitbox.
                      Fixed a bug that causes some enemies to have incorrect visual and behavior.
                      Fixed a bug that causes some armor to have incorrect stats.
                      Text fix.
                      Other performance improvements and bug fixes.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazy8s View Post

I’ll be playing with this game for a while, but I won’t (probably) go for another title with this combat system either. Miyazaki needs to get with the times.
                        Patch seems to include a lot of Speed-up and lower recovery time adjustments. Looks like they're trying to make things more responsive at least.

Comment

Patch looks pretty nice. Hope the performance bonuses are nice too. Interestinly ive seen some people say it also reduced heat on gpu and cpu. Which is kind of interesting.
                          Never put off tomorrow what you can put off today!

Comment

Patch seems to include a lot of Speed-up and lower recovery time adjustments. Looks like they're trying to make things more responsive at least.

Patch looks pretty nice. Hope the performance bonuses are nice too. Interestinly ive seen some people say it also reduced heat on gpu and cpu. Which is kind of interesting.
                            It does look nice. We obviously weren’t the only ones complaining about fp costs lol.

I wish they had left swarm of flies alone though. That saved my bacon a few times.

Comment

I have to add one more thing. Fromsoft needs to ditch the platforming. They suck at it, worse than any other game series built on the same engine.

Going to the structure below bestial sanctum, a long drop is fine, but the shorter drop at the end kills me because we just want you dead, annoyed and doing it how we want you to do it.

Seriously the worst
                              I just watched a player on yt take the same exact route I took. From the looks of his health bar he was lower level than me, and I had the cat ring equipped, but died to the fall, and he didn’t…

Don’t know why I keep doing this to myself

Comment

Man I killed fire giant but before the bonfire step I decided to go back and clear some optional areas and did Haligtree and of course now Melania. I spent two and half hours last night trying "one more time" I tried solo, one summons, two summons...probably tried it 35-40 times. Fights would be going great and then summons would get caught inside the blade storm thing and be dead just like that. Or die to the opening of the second phase. or I would die in those spots. I know it's optional but now it's personal...I have to win this fight.

Comment

Wow now that's a patch. I might jump back in for a bit to play with some spells just to see how they've been improved.

All in though, it’s been a good ride.
                                  Yep. Its just evident in so many boss fights that the combat system is dated. I just felt I was fumbling around too much in this game, where as before the fights were so well designed and mechanical for the combat system once you got them down. But a lot of the times in Elden Ring I feel due to the movement its just a mess.

Originally posted by Andy22 View Post
                                  Man I killed fire giant but before the bonfire step I decided to go back and clear some optional areas and did Haligtree and of course now Melania. I spent two and half hours last night trying "one more time" I tried solo, one summons, two summons...probably tried it 35-40 times. Fights would be going great and then summons would get caught inside the blade storm thing and be dead just like that. Or die to the opening of the second phase. or I would die in those spots. I know it's optional but now it's personal...I have to win this fight.
                                  She's a real bitch for sure. She's weak to bleed and frostbite procs, so if you have anything good for that just to work it into your strategy. Unfortunately for me I didn't have a good leveled up weapon with either of those, so I had to rely on casting occasional frost spells. I can imagine a nice fast bleed weapon like Rivers of Blood would work well if you have the stats for it.

But yeah the big trick to that fight I found was you want to take her down FAST. Because of the health steal on hit ability she has you don't want to try the war of attrition approach. The high DPS high damage attacks is what you want.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy22 View Post
                                    Meteor is right, fast damage is essential because she’s pretty easy to stagger. If you have the stats for it, swarm of flies can stagger her out of attack animations including the water fowl (blade storm) attack. It takes a second to cast though, so your timing has to be spot on.

Another option if you can use it is the blasphemous blade ash of war. A hit while she’s on the ground will knock her down.

best of luck man - she’s a tough one.

Comment

And if you get fed up you can just use the rivers of blood and a mimic, she will be dead in less than a minute.

Comment

I meant to mention earlier that I finally got and tried the pest threads incantation. Not bad at all, and it’s a fast cast which is really nice for a change. I’ll try it out on some bosses later.

Comment

Seriously the worst
                                          The structure below WHAT?

We're talking about the FEED ME DEATHROOT guy right?

~Donald J. Trump

Comment

The structure below WHAT?

We're talking about the FEED ME DEATHROOT guy right?
                                            Yep. Go out the door and circle to the right, then look down.

Comment

Yep. Go out the door and circle to the right, then look down.
                                              I should be working... I should be working... I should be working...

Wait WTF? Deathroot guy is gone.

And how the **** did I miss all of this?

~Donald J. Trump

Comment

I should be working... I should be working... I should be working...

Wait WTF? Deathroot guy is gone.

And how the **** did I miss all of this?
                                                Well yeah, you killed him in farum azula, the death root guy was maliketh.

Comment

Originally posted by Mangler View Post
                                                  Well yeah, you killed him in farum azula, the death root guy was maliketh.
                                                  So that is the same guy. Because he's back once I reloaded the area after resting at the Grace. I was pretty sure it was the same guy, but he's dead now, and also still here for me to feed Deathroot to.

Also, this area under his Beastial whatever... is it just the Talisman and Cinqueda or should I keep exploring?

~Donald J. Trump

Comment

So that is the same guy. Because he's back once I reloaded the area after resting at the Grace. I was pretty sure it was the same guy, but he's dead now, and also still here for me to feed Deathroot to.

Also, this area under his Beastial whatever... is it just the Talisman and Cinqueda or should I keep exploring?
                                                    Nope that’s all. I’m more interested in the sword, but just because I know it’s there now, and I want it, just because lol.

Comment

Nope that’s all. I’m more interested in the sword, but just because I know it’s there now, and I want it, just because lol.
                                                      If you collect all of the good weapons in The Lands Between then no one will be able to challenge your rule. The previous guy's mistake was allowing these artifacts out there for you to get powerful with.

Comment

If you collect all of the good weapons in The Lands Between then no one will be able to challenge your rule. The previous guy's mistake was allowing these artifacts out there for you to get powerful with.
                                                        All your runes are belong to us

Comment

Okay, that explains that. I think I got everything down there but couldn't tell if that platform was supposed to work as an elevator or not.

I think this thread needs some Fashion Souls pics.

~Donald J. Trump

Comment

Digging the look I’ll get some up in a while.

edit: My level 211

Last edited by Lazy8s; Apr 19, 2022, 09:04 AM.

Comment

Digging the look I’ll get some up in a while.

edit: My level 211

Uh, what helm and armor is that? It looks wicked as ****.

~Donald J. Trump

Comment

Uh, what helm and armor is that? It looks wicked as ****.
                                                                It’s the whole Night’s Cavalry set. It’s not the best in the game stat wise, but I love the dark look.

Edit: Go to the consecrated snowfield at night. 2 of them will be guarding the 2 trolls pulling the cart. Kill them and they drop it.

Comment

There’s one bit about this game that hasn’t been mentioned much, and that’s the OST for various bosses.

The final boss, and Melanie’s especially noteworthy. 10/10 for me

Comment

I had some free time so I loaded up a save backup from before I beat Malenia and been trying to beat her again using human summons. I have come close a few times but still no success. Its awesome to get players using bleed ashes and/or Rivers of Blood as it does tons more damage than my build, but Mimic tear was a lot more durable. Most players die so fast, usually when she pulls out water fowl.

Man, I almost want to respec to dump points into DEX and ARC to try soloing her using Rivers of Blood. With the damage some players were doing I feel like I might be able to do it.

Meh, maybe some other time though. I don't want to get sucked in again lol. But I just can't help feeling there's got to be a perfect build mix that can take her out easily.

Comment

I had some free time so I loaded up a save backup from before I beat Malenia and been trying to beat her again using human summons. I have come close a few times but still no success. Its awesome to get players using bleed ashes and/or Rivers of Blood as it does tons more damage than my build, but Mimic tear was a lot more durable. Most players die so fast, usually when she pulls out water fowl.

Man, I almost want to respec to dump points into DEX and ARC to try soloing her using Rivers of Blood. With the damage some players were doing I feel like I might be able to do it.

Meh, maybe some other time though. I don't want to get sucked in again lol. But I just can't help feeling there's got to be a perfect build mix that can take her out easily.
                                                                      Check it out He has “let me solo her” beat, by a lot lol.

Comment

Check it out He has “let me solo her” beat, by a lot lol.

https://youtu.be/3td_lhsqG5s

And here I am getting chewed up by t-rex doggies and dying to gravity for no goddamned reason.

~Donald J. Trump

Comment

And here I am getting chewed up by t-rex doggies and dying to gravity for no goddamned reason.
                                                                          Gravity is the worst boss in the game. I gave up on that secret area because … I just hate falling

Comment

Haha that guy has it down to a science. I wonder how much time he spent testing to get that good at her.

I hate to disrespect, because it truly is awesome, but when I see stuff like that I can't help but feel a little sad at the thought of how much time these guys spend on the game.

Comment

Haha that guy has it down to a science. I wonder how much time he spent testing to get that good at her.

I hate to disrespect, because it truly is awesome, but when I see stuff like that I can't help but feel a little sad at the thought of how much time these guys spend on the game.
                                                                              Funny, I was thinking about the sheer damage he’s doing

Comment

I watched that whole video thinking: HAHA! He's spending more of his time buffing up for the fight than he is in the actual boss fight...

Then I realized, this kinda describes my overall Souls gameplay experience entirely.

~Donald J. Trump

Comment

I watched that whole video thinking: HAHA! He's spending more of his time buffing up for the fight than he is in the actual boss fight...

Then I realized, this kinda describes my overall Souls gameplay experience entirely.

Edit: You brought up a good point for me Shrike. I don’t use much in the way of buffs. Golden vow and the Flame strengthen me for the most part. I should really look into seeing what I can put together for a really high dps build…

I ran across this recently. Excellent guide explaining damage in this game. Easy watch, not a flashy ‘for clicks’ kind of video.

Last edited by Lazy8s; Apr 19, 2022, 12:40 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                  X