Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Multiple Sony PS4 exclusives are coming to PC, starting with Horizon: Zero Dawn

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Is sony just porting everything they have over?
    ------Squachbox 2022------
    Gigabyte 3D Aurora 570 full size aluminum chassis
    Thermaltake Toughpower GF1 750watt PSU
    AMD Ryzen 5 2600X @ 3.6ghz
    Asus Prime B450M A/CSM
    2 x 8GB G-Skill DDR4 2666
    BenQ Mobiuz EX2710S 27" FHD monitor + Asus Dual Radeon RX 6600
    Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200.12 SATA
    Seagate Barracuda 2TB SATA
    Samsung EVO 970 1TB NVMe
    HyperX Cloud Stinger wired headset

    Comment


      But isn't Sackboy the spinoff that is missing most of the elements from LBP?

      Comment


        Originally posted by Mangler View Post
        Looks like Sackboy is the next ps5 > pc title, and I don't get it, who wanted a port of Sackboy?
        Probably cheap, easy money for Sony.

        The more the merrier I guess.
        AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | Fractal Design Celsius S24 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite | 2 x 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws V DDR4-3200 (14-14-14-34) B-Die | MSI 3080 VENTUS 3X OC 10G | Creative Sound Blaster Z | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB M.2 NVMe SSD | WD Black SN750 1TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Samusng 850 Evo 500GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 2TB | WD 640GB Black | Asus BW-12B1ST 12X Blu-ray Burner | Fractal Design Define R5 case | EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2 PSU | Win 10 Pro | 4K w/Hisense 55" U8H Mini LED Quantum ULED 4K TV
        HT: Hisense 55" U8H Mini LED Quantum ULED 4K TV | Onkyo TX-SR605 A/V receiver | JBL EC35 center | 2 JBL E30's (fronts, bi-amped) | 2 JBL N24II's (rears) | Homemade Sonosub w/Dayton 12" driver (extension to 14Hz), BASH 300w amp | Panasonic DP-UB820 4K Blu-ray player | Toshiba HD-A2 HD DVD player | Xbox Series X
        Camera Gear: Nikon D7000 DSLR | Nikon 16-85mm F3.5-5.6 VR | Nikon 50mm F1.8 G | Sigma 105mm F2.8 EX DG Macro | Slik Pro 700DX tripod legs with Cullmann Magnesit 35Nm ballhead

        Comment


          I’ve seen Sackboy, but never really checked it out. Is it at least a bit of fun or just not worth the time?

          Comment


            It seems to be pretty good if you like games like super mario 3d world.

            Comment


              Noice! Easy money for Sony.

              Comment


                Originally posted by Mangler View Post
                It seems to be pretty good if you like games like super mario 3d world.
                Thanks Mangler

                Comment


                  Originally posted by DeathKnight View Post
                  Probably cheap, easy money for Sony.

                  The more the merrier I guess.
                  Yep, they should have started doing it years ago. No reason not to.

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by Lazy8s View Post
                    I’ve seen Sackboy, but never really checked it out. Is it at least a bit of fun or just not worth the time?
                    it's as adorable as the rest of the franchise. If you liked the other ones then you'll love this one too. Had a blast with it. Great artstyle too.


                    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

                    "Time is the school in which we learn, Time is the fire in which we burn. *Delmore Schwartz*


                    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by Silent-Runner View Post
                      it's as adorable as the rest of the franchise. If you liked the other ones then you'll love this one too. Had a blast with it. Great artstyle too.
                      I’ve never played any of the franchise. I remember looking at it, maybe on steam and just wasn’t interested at the time.

                      Comment


                        Returnal has been rumored for ages.

                        GT7 on PC would be quite unexpected but nice nonetheless.

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by nutcrackr View Post
                          Returnal has been rumored for ages.

                          GT7 on PC would be quite unexpected but nice nonetheless.
                          It would be impossible to port GT games to PC, as each GT game is individually written for each individual customer's PS console. That's why it takes so many years, as they are literally hand-crafting tens-of-millions of unique versions of the game from scratch. The disc versions are especially tricky, 'cause they have to have a guy scratch all those tiny markings into the discs.
                          Originally posted by KAC
                          To be honest I never even found doom 3 to be scary since I have a big dick since birth.

                          Ryzen 5 5600x - radeon 6700xt - 32 gigs memory


                          Nintendo: NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds
                          Sega: Sega Master System, Genesis, 32x, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast, Game Gear
                          Sony: PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
                          Microsoft: og xbox, xbox360, xbone, series 3
                          Atari: Atari 2600, 7800
                          Neo Geo: Neo Geo Pocket Color
                          Other: Colecovision, Intellivision, Vectrex

                          riva tnt
                          tnt2
                          geforce2mx
                          kyro 2
                          radeon 8500
                          radeon 9600
                          radeon 9800pro
                          radeon x800pro
                          geforce 8800gtx
                          radeon 6850
                          radeon 280
                          radeon 580
                          radeon 6700xt

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by SubCog View Post
                            It would be impossible to port GT games to PC, as each GT game is individually written for each individual customer's PS console. That's why it takes so many years, as they are literally hand-crafting tens-of-millions of unique versions of the game from scratch. The disc versions are especially tricky, 'cause they have to have a guy scratch all those tiny markings into the discs.
                            That makes sense! Explains why so many of the tracks in the Gran Turismo games are butt ugly.

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by Lazy8s View Post
                              I’ve never played any of the franchise. I remember looking at it, maybe on steam and just wasn’t interested at the time.
                              oh, okay. Well, i dunno if it's something you would enjoy. I've played them all and really loved them, even the bug-ridden part 3. They are a _bit_ like the Trine games, jump 'n runs with tons of hidden secrets, a lot more fun in co-op, sometimes quite hectic with a unique art style. The level editor is also a great tool. Maybe just get one of the earlier ones for cheap to see if it's up yer alley, i'm not sure if they're compatible with the ps5 though.


                              ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

                              "Time is the school in which we learn, Time is the fire in which we burn. *Delmore Schwartz*


                              ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

                              Comment


                                Horizon Zero Dawn remaster for PS5, Horizon online multiplayer game for PS5 and PC in development

                                "Publisher Sony Interactive Entertainment and developer Guerrilla Games are currently working on a remastered version of Horizon Zero Dawn for PlayStation 5, as well as a Horizon online multiplayer project for PlayStation 5 and PC"

                                "The remastered release will reportedly feature an improved lighting system, overhauled textures, and better animations, as well as new character models to match those found in the sequel Horizon Forbidden West." (full article)

                                (most news sites have tagged this as a 'rumor' - however it has been verified by multiple reputable insiders on twitter)
                                [Proc: Intel Core i7 [email protected]][GPU: MSI RTX3060Ti 8GB][Mem: 64GB Crucial Ballistix Elite 2666-DDR4][Mobo: Asus X99-A][HD: Samsung 1TB SSD 870 EVO][PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850W G2][Audio: Yamaha RX-V673 7.2/JBL 7.2 Surround]

                                Comment


                                  Way too soon for a remaster of that game.
                                  AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | Fractal Design Celsius S24 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite | 2 x 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws V DDR4-3200 (14-14-14-34) B-Die | MSI 3080 VENTUS 3X OC 10G | Creative Sound Blaster Z | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB M.2 NVMe SSD | WD Black SN750 1TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Samusng 850 Evo 500GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 2TB | WD 640GB Black | Asus BW-12B1ST 12X Blu-ray Burner | Fractal Design Define R5 case | EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2 PSU | Win 10 Pro | 4K w/Hisense 55" U8H Mini LED Quantum ULED 4K TV
                                  HT: Hisense 55" U8H Mini LED Quantum ULED 4K TV | Onkyo TX-SR605 A/V receiver | JBL EC35 center | 2 JBL E30's (fronts, bi-amped) | 2 JBL N24II's (rears) | Homemade Sonosub w/Dayton 12" driver (extension to 14Hz), BASH 300w amp | Panasonic DP-UB820 4K Blu-ray player | Toshiba HD-A2 HD DVD player | Xbox Series X
                                  Camera Gear: Nikon D7000 DSLR | Nikon 16-85mm F3.5-5.6 VR | Nikon 50mm F1.8 G | Sigma 105mm F2.8 EX DG Macro | Slik Pro 700DX tripod legs with Cullmann Magnesit 35Nm ballhead

                                  Comment


                                    Originally posted by DeathKnight View Post
                                    Way too soon for a remaster of that game.
                                    It is.

                                    I can’t help but wonder what the pricing will be set at as well. TLoU part 1 released for full price. I was originally hoping to play it, but not for that cost.

                                    HZD though, as much as I enjoyed the game it’s a hard pass for me.

                                    Comment


                                      I think it is time to remaster god of war ragnarök.

                                      Comment


                                        Originally posted by Mangler View Post
                                        I think it is time to remaster god of war ragnarök.

                                        Comment


                                          Confused on why this is being called a remaster and not simply "Enhanced Edition". Should be a free update.. not paying **** for this.
                                          Originally posted by curio
                                          Eat this protein bar, for it is of my body. And drink this creatine shake, for it is my blood.
                                          "If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe

                                          Comment


                                            Originally posted by Nunz View Post
                                            Confused on why this is being called a remaster and not simply "Enhanced Edition". Should be a free update.. not paying **** for this.
                                            This!

                                            Comment


                                              Originally posted by acroig View Post
                                              This!
                                              +1

                                              Comment


                                                Originally posted by Drexion View Post
                                                Horizon Zero Dawn remaster for PS5, Horizon online multiplayer game for PS5 and PC in development

                                                "Publisher Sony Interactive Entertainment and developer Guerrilla Games are currently working on a remastered version of Horizon Zero Dawn for PlayStation 5, as well as a Horizon online multiplayer project for PlayStation 5 and PC"

                                                "The remastered release will reportedly feature an improved lighting system, overhauled textures, and better animations, as well as new character models to match those found in the sequel Horizon Forbidden West." (full article)

                                                (most news sites have tagged this as a 'rumor' - however it has been verified by multiple reputable insiders on twitter)
                                                Sony learned people will complain, but still buy $70 game.

                                                Comment


                                                  Originally posted by Sundance Kid V2 View Post
                                                  Sony learned people will complain, but still buy $70 game.
                                                  , how much was the 'upgrade' for Death Stranding Director Cut?

                                                  Comment


                                                    Originally posted by DeathKnight View Post
                                                    Way too soon for a remaster of that game.
                                                    At this rate, it shouldn't have been called the "Playstation 5". Should've been called the "Playstation 4 Remastered".
                                                    May the Yods be silent

                                                    Comment


                                                      Originally posted by acroig View Post
                                                      , how much was the 'upgrade' for Death Stranding Director Cut?
                                                      All I know all the remakes/masters/redos are $70. It seem crazy that people rebuy these games at that price...

                                                      Comment


                                                        Originally posted by Sundance Kid V2 View Post
                                                        All I know all the remakes/masters/redos are $70. It seem crazy that people rebuy these games at that price...
                                                        lol, thats crazy? people buy multiple copies of the same game all the time. Just so they can play it on a different system. Why would buying an "upgraded" version again at full price be crazy?
                                                        Never put off tomorrow what you can put off today!

                                                        Comment


                                                          Originally posted by acroig View Post
                                                          , how much was the 'upgrade' for Death Stranding Director Cut?
                                                          At the time 8 bux on Fanatical :3

                                                          32 if you didn't own the base game.
                                                          ,____,
                                                          [^_^]
                                                          /)___)

                                                          -"---"-
                                                          Rage3D PC Gaming Hit-List
                                                          Official PC Gaming Deals Thread
                                                          Has the above thread been misplaced/renamed/merged/stickied/locked? Well then there's a doins transpirin! Find the tome and bring forth the sacrifice to restore peace and order.
                                                          "VIAGRA FALLS, slowly I turned, and step by step, inch by inch, I walked up to him, I smashed him, I hit him, I bonked him, I bopped him, I socked him and I mashed his face and I knocked him down."

                                                          Comment


                                                            Originally posted by theshadowcult View Post
                                                            lol, thats crazy? people buy multiple copies of the same game all the time. Just so they can play it on a different system. Why would buying an "upgraded" version again at full price be crazy?
                                                            Different platforms , I can understand.

                                                            But between PS 4 and 5. $70 is a hard pill to swallow IMHO. But to each his own.

                                                            I just think Sony is seeing a gap here , and they are coining it.

                                                            Comment


                                                              Originally posted by DeathKnight View Post
                                                              Way too soon for a remaster of that game.
                                                              Basically it's work they have already done for newer content. They are just backporting it and hoping to make a little extra money "for free"

                                                              Probably part of a horizon dawn: complete release which bundles both games together once sales start slowing down on the new one.
                                                              A hobbiest foundry and forge in progress, plans, suppliers, showcasing ideas

                                                              Kcrucible - Playing with Fire

                                                              Comment


                                                                Sony's GAAS Games confirmed to be released same day on PC as PS5.
                                                                Sony's Single Player games confirmed to be released on PC approx 1 year after the PS5 release.
                                                                Source is Hermen Hulst, the head of Sony Interactive Entertainment Worldwide Studios.

                                                                (link)

                                                                The relevant clip from the interview can be seen here: LINK
                                                                [Proc: Intel Core i7 [email protected]][GPU: MSI RTX3060Ti 8GB][Mem: 64GB Crucial Ballistix Elite 2666-DDR4][Mobo: Asus X99-A][HD: Samsung 1TB SSD 870 EVO][PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850W G2][Audio: Yamaha RX-V673 7.2/JBL 7.2 Surround]

                                                                Comment


                                                                  Originally posted by Drexion View Post
                                                                  Sony's GAAS Games confirmed to be released same day on PC as PS5.
                                                                  Sony's Single Player games confirmed to be released on PC approx 1 year after the PS5 release.
                                                                  Source is Hermen Hulst, the head of Sony Interactive Entertainment Worldwide Studios.

                                                                  (link)

                                                                  The relevant clip from the interview can be seen here: LINK
                                                                  GAAS .. pass. Sony is missing a money making opportunity here (IMHO) ... bring GAAS games to all consoles/mobile etc.

                                                                  I'll wait a year for SP games.

                                                                  Comment


                                                                    I can wait, even though I can go day one with my ps5.

                                                                    **** Sony and their push for 80€ titles.

                                                                    Comment


                                                                      I'm not sure what they think they're accomplishing by keeping these games on Playstation for a year before releasing to PC. I can see 6 months at the most. It's great they've embraced porting their titles to PC, but they still can't let go of the exclusivity BS. Get with the times Sony kthx.
                                                                      AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | Fractal Design Celsius S24 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite | 2 x 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws V DDR4-3200 (14-14-14-34) B-Die | MSI 3080 VENTUS 3X OC 10G | Creative Sound Blaster Z | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB M.2 NVMe SSD | WD Black SN750 1TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Samusng 850 Evo 500GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 2TB | WD 640GB Black | Asus BW-12B1ST 12X Blu-ray Burner | Fractal Design Define R5 case | EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2 PSU | Win 10 Pro | 4K w/Hisense 55" U8H Mini LED Quantum ULED 4K TV
                                                                      HT: Hisense 55" U8H Mini LED Quantum ULED 4K TV | Onkyo TX-SR605 A/V receiver | JBL EC35 center | 2 JBL E30's (fronts, bi-amped) | 2 JBL N24II's (rears) | Homemade Sonosub w/Dayton 12" driver (extension to 14Hz), BASH 300w amp | Panasonic DP-UB820 4K Blu-ray player | Toshiba HD-A2 HD DVD player | Xbox Series X
                                                                      Camera Gear: Nikon D7000 DSLR | Nikon 16-85mm F3.5-5.6 VR | Nikon 50mm F1.8 G | Sigma 105mm F2.8 EX DG Macro | Slik Pro 700DX tripod legs with Cullmann Magnesit 35Nm ballhead

                                                                      Comment


                                                                        Originally posted by DeathKnight View Post
                                                                        I'm not sure what they think they're accomplishing by keeping these games on Playstation for a year before releasing to PC. I can see 6 months at the most. It's great they've embraced porting their titles to PC, but they still can't let go of the exclusivity BS. Get with the times Sony kthx.

                                                                        Yeah. here's the thing... if they wait too long, I quit caring about that game and never pick it up. If it was a concurrent (or nearly) release I might have enough enthusiasm for it to give them money.
                                                                        A hobbiest foundry and forge in progress, plans, suppliers, showcasing ideas

                                                                        Kcrucible - Playing with Fire

                                                                        Comment


                                                                          Their current strategy will work for people who haven't played any of their stuff though, they've got plenty of older stuff to release in order to fill the gap between the new/delayed titles.

                                                                          Comment


                                                                            Originally posted by Mangler View Post
                                                                            Their current strategy will work for people who haven't played any of their stuff though, they've got plenty of older stuff to release in order to fill the gap between the new/delayed titles.
                                                                            I haven't, I just forget about it after the initial marketing and word-of-mouth disappears. After a year, I'll have moved onto something else that's being released right-now and people are talking about.


                                                                            To get me to play an old game you pretty much need to give it to me for free on Epic, or really cheap to attract my interest (even then it's more likely that I "buy" it and never touch it). Full dollar is for new releases that I'm excited to play. I'm not saying it's right, but that's what history tells me is going to happen.
                                                                            Last edited by koralis; Oct 4, 2022, 01:26 PM.
                                                                            A hobbiest foundry and forge in progress, plans, suppliers, showcasing ideas

                                                                            Kcrucible - Playing with Fire

                                                                            Comment


                                                                              1 year after release, sounds about right. Would be nice to see that be a bit shorter though, like 6 months.

                                                                              Comment


                                                                                Originally posted by Drexion View Post
                                                                                Sony's GAAS Games confirmed to be released same day on PC as PS5.
                                                                                Sony's Single Player games confirmed to be released on PC approx 1 year after the PS5 release.
                                                                                Source is Hermen Hulst, the head of Sony Interactive Entertainment Worldwide Studios.

                                                                                (link)

                                                                                The relevant clip from the interview can be seen here: LINK
                                                                                My French is useless, but other sources are translating with far more nuance:

                                                                                "I think going forward we'll see at least a year between releases on [Playstation] and on the PC platform, possibly with the exception of live-service games".

                                                                                These, he elaborated, were a "little bit different in nature because you want to have a really strong community, strong engagement right away, right when you go live. So we might in the case of our live-service offerings go day-and-date with PC and the PlayStation platform.""


                                                                                So, no promises, though I'm content just knowing that Sony exclusives will no longer require me to buy a Playstation every few years. I'll gladly buy their games, but have always considered having to buy the console itself a negative side-effect.
                                                                                May the Yods be silent

                                                                                Comment


                                                                                  Originally posted by twonha View Post
                                                                                  My French is useless, but other sources are translating with far more nuance:

                                                                                  "I think going forward we'll see at least a year between releases on [Playstation] and on the PC platform, possibly with the exception of live-service games".

                                                                                  These, he elaborated, were a "little bit different in nature because you want to have a really strong community, strong engagement right away, right when you go live. So we might in the case of our live-service offerings go day-and-date with PC and the PlayStation platform.""


                                                                                  So, no promises, though I'm content just knowing that Sony exclusives will no longer require me to buy a Playstation every few years. I'll gladly buy their games, but have always considered having to buy the console itself a negative side-effect.
                                                                                  Yea I haven't bought a PS since PS2. Wouldn't be buy one now or ever. I'll buy the games, but not the console.

                                                                                  Comment

                                                                                  Working...
                                                                                  X