No announcement yet.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turn back and finish everything you want. If you dont care about spoilers, look it up, as there is only a few things/quests that are lost, but i would just complete what you feel you need to and keep going.
    Never put off tomorrow what you can put off today!

Comment

I just downloaded it for another play through. I haven't touched this game since it was first released, so it ought to be fun figuring everything out all over again.

Comment

Originally posted by theshadowcult View Post
        Turn back and finish everything you want. If you dont care about spoilers, look it up, as there is only a few things/quests that are lost, but i would just complete what you feel you need to and keep going.
        Thanks.

Gone back to do the rest of the side quests.

Comment

It's official. This is the greatest RPG ever made.

I'm 103hrs into the game right now, and I'm not even remotely close to finishing the primary game. I'm still only level 23. I have both expansion packs to do yet as well, and they don't even recommend starting them until level 35.

Holy shitballs this game is ridiculously huge.

i9 9900KF/Corsair H100i
          Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master
          EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra
          32GB G.Skill DDR3 3200
          Corsair HX1000W
          Corsair 600T Silver Edition
          Corsair Nightsword Mouse/Logitech G15 Keyboard
          LG CX 48"

i5 3570k/OEM Cooler
          Asus Sabretooth Z77
          Asus ROG 1080Ti Strix
          16GB G.Skill DDR3 2600
          Corsair CX750M
          Lian Li Lancool II Mesh
          Logtech G703 Mouse/Logitech G915 Keyboard

Comment

Originally posted by OverclockN' View Post

I'm 103hrs into the game right now, and I'm not even remotely close to finishing the primary game. I'm still only level 23. I have both expansion packs to do yet as well, and they don't even recommend starting them until level 35.

Welcome to 2015

Comment

Yep. I'm exactly the same level and point in the game. Need to convince myself that I need to do side quests before moving on so not to break immersion, you know, having to find Ciri but here I am helping some peasant get her Frying pan back

Comment

Originally posted by Megaman View Post
                Yep. I'm exactly the same level and point in the game. Need to convince myself that I need to do side quests before moving on so not to break immersion, you know, having to find Ciri but here I am helping some peasant get her Frying pan back
                I think you can do the first expansion around the level suggested when you feel like it, its not gonna affect your main play through much, but definitely do not do the second expansion until you have finish the main game!

Comment

Get ready to double that number of hours played before you're done with the whole package. I'm on ~190 hours in Steam, though the in-game counter says it's ~130 hours played. I wonder what the in-game counter counts as playtime.
                  May the Yods be silent

Comment

Originally posted by twonha View Post
                    Get ready to double that number of hours played before you're done with the whole package. I'm on ~190 hours in Steam, though the in-game counter says it's ~130 hours played. I wonder what the in-game counter counts as playtime.
                    Only time playing durnig the "linear" time of gameplay. so no time between saves if you die is counted, and no time outside the game world is counted

Comment

This is not a spoiler because you either killed or let Letho live at the end of Witcher 2.

When you had your shave in the beginning of the game, I hope you said that you spared Letho.

If Letho is alive in Witcher 3, he has a pretty good and lengthy side quest available.

If letho is not alive, there's no quest whatsoever, and you'll be missing out. The only way to get this quest is to restart from the shave scene in the beginning.

Comment

Glad to hear you stuck with it and are enjoying it. It really is the best RPG yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Meteor_of_War View Post
                          It really is the best RPG yet.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"Time is the school in which we learn, Time is the fire in which we burn. *Delmore Schwartz*

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Comment

Originally posted by Exposed View Post
                            This is not a spoiler because you either killed or let Letho live at the end of Witcher 2.

When you had your shave in the beginning of the game, I hope you said that you spared Letho.

If Letho is alive in Witcher 3, he has a pretty good and lengthy side quest available.

If letho is not alive, there's no quest whatsoever, and you'll be missing out. The only way to get this quest is to restart from the shave scene in the beginning.
                            damn

Comment

Originally posted by Lazy8s View Post
                              damn

Yeah, I also forgot that he also helps you out in the Battle of Kaer Morhen later in Witcher 3 if you do his quest.

The first time I played Witcher 3 I said he was dead, because I killed him in Witcher 2.

The second time I played, I said he was alive. It's amazing how much of a presence Letho has in Witcher 3. Not just the side quest, but the epic battle itself and the epilogue.

Comment

Yeah, I also forgot that he also helps you out in the Battle of Kaer Morhen later in Witcher 3 if you do his quest.

The first time I played Witcher 3 I said he was dead, because I killed him in Witcher 2.

The second time I played, I said he was alive. It's amazing how much of a presence Letho has in Witcher 3. Not just the side quest, but the epic battle itself and the epilogue.

I really appreciate you bringing this up. I would have gone right through never even knowing lol. You pointed it out just in time too lol. Thanks

Comment

And you may wind up spending as much time as you do in regular gameplay fiddling around with the modding community additions/mods.

Comment

I really appreciate you bringing this up. I would have gone right through never even knowing lol. You pointed it out just in time too lol. Thanks
                                    LOL no problem. Just remember you have to help him from start to finish in his quest if you want him to help you later, and at the end of the quest line you have to ASK him to join to you Kaer Morhen, otherwise he goes off his merry way and you'll never see him again.

Comment

I can't even remember ANY of Witcher 2, that was a long time ago. You guys have great memories, let alone still having it installed in the computer so that it affects Witcher 3.

I don't remember Letho, or any of Witcher 2 whatsoever. I don't believe I've run across him in Witcher 3 either, name doesn't ring a bell. Wait, where am I? Who are you people!?

i9 9900KF/Corsair H100i
                                      Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master
                                      EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra
                                      32GB G.Skill DDR3 3200
                                      Corsair HX1000W
                                      Corsair 600T Silver Edition
                                      Corsair Nightsword Mouse/Logitech G15 Keyboard
                                      LG CX 48"

i5 3570k/OEM Cooler
                                      Asus Sabretooth Z77
                                      Asus ROG 1080Ti Strix
                                      16GB G.Skill DDR3 2600
                                      Corsair CX750M
                                      Lian Li Lancool II Mesh
                                      Logtech G703 Mouse/Logitech G915 Keyboard

Comment

This is Letho
                                        [yt]YJ_KtvVvolY[/yt]
                                        They mostly come at night... mostly.

Comment

LOL no problem. Just remember you have to help him from start to finish in his quest if you want him to help you later, and at the end of the quest line you have to ASK him to join to you Kaer Morhen, otherwise he goes off his merry way and you'll never see him again.
                                          Awesome, I'll make sure I see that through to the end. Thanks man.
                                          I can't even remember ANY of Witcher 2, that was a long time ago. You guys have great memories, let alone still having it installed in the computer so that it affects Witcher 3.

I don't remember Letho, or any of Witcher 2 whatsoever. I don't believe I've run across him in Witcher 3 either, name doesn't ring a bell. Wait, where am I? Who are you people!?
                                          I know the feeling lol.

Comment

Slightly off topic but picked up the Witcher 2 earlier after reading the past few posts. Realized I never played it, and while I did buy Witcher 3 when it came out, it quickly got added to my backlog. Going to play through both . I did beat Witcher 1 when it first came out but I don't think I can go back to that awful combat, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave View Post
                                              Slightly off topic but picked up the Witcher 2 earlier after reading the past few posts. Realized I never played it, and while I did buy Witcher 3 when it came out, it quickly got added to my backlog. Going to play through both . I did beat Witcher 1 when it first came out but I don't think I can go back to that awful combat, lol.
                                              I thought 2 had some great moments. There are a couple of really glaring changes that I thought were bad decisions, but the game easily makes up for it. You'll know it when you see it lol.

Comment

Steam says I spent 225 hours on this game and reading this thread makes me want to start all over again. I am thinking about playing it on my PS4 pro so I can experience it on the big screen. Did anyone try out the console version? Am I going to be disappointed after spending half my gaming life playing it on PC?

Comment

Originally posted by SD-[Inc] View Post
                                                  Steam says I spent 225 hours on this game and reading this thread makes me want to start all over again. I am thinking about playing it on my PS4 pro so I can experience it on the big screen. Did anyone try out the console version? Am I going to be disappointed after spending half my gaming life playing it on PC?
                                                  I have it on Xbox One X and still prefer to play it on PC, especially with mods. It plays quite well with an Xbox controller on a big TV, so try it that way.

Comment

rumor has it that they are working to add HDR support to the PS4 Pro version, no news in a while though

Comment

I'll keep an eye out for a special. It will be to tempting if the complete edition goes on sale. My family just got me back less than a year ago from the last time I played this game

Comment

I forgot what a beautiful game this is. I find I have to drop settings quite a bit though. I don't remember having slow downs the last time I played it, which was with a 970m and Q2630. I'm not normally super sensitive to slowdowns, but if frames even drop to 50fps it bugs me now. I lowered rez from 1440p to 1080p and have about half of the detail settings at medium.

Still looks great, but ....

Comment

Cap framerate! Simple.

Comment

Originally posted by SD-[Inc] View Post
                                                            Originally posted by Arioch View Post
                                                            I have it on Xbox One X and still prefer to play it on PC, especially with mods. It plays quite well with an Xbox controller on a big TV, so try it that way.
                                                            Although I have both PS4 Pro and X1X connected to 75 inch OLED, I've never played Witcher 3 on consoles. However, if I'm not mistaken, Witcher 3 on X1X supports HDR. I am not sure how well HDR is implemented in Witcher 3 though. But *if* its HDR implementation quality is as good as Horizon Zero Dawn and GT Sport, this alone should be good enough reason to play on console, IMHO. HDR is that important and good (to me.) (provided that proper display and well-implemented content)

Speaking of screen size, although my consoles are played on 75 inch, due to different viewing distances, I feel my 34 inch ultrawide monitor is bigger when playing games. So, my aforementioned preference on HDR is not due to bigger size of OLED display.

Comment

Originally posted by PowerK View Post
                                                              Although I have both PS4 Pro and X1X connected to 75 inch OLED, I've never played Witcher 3 on consoles. However, if I'm not mistaken, Witcher 3 on X1X supports HDR. I am not sure how well HDR is implemented in Witcher 3 though. But *if* its HDR implementation quality is as good as Horizon Zero Dawn and GT Sport, this alone should be good enough reason to play on console, IMHO. HDR is that important and good (to me.) (provided that proper display and well-implemented content)

Speaking of screen size, although my consoles are played on 75 inch, due to different viewing distances, I feel my 34 inch ultrawide monitor is bigger when playing games. So, my aforementioned preference on HDR is not due to bigger size of OLED display.
                                                              I am a huge fan of HDR games - HZD and Assassin's Creed Origins looks great with it on. I did not find it to be that great in Witcher 3 on the Xbox, but I was only in the prologue area to see it, so maybe it looks better elsewhere. I am playing this on a LG OLED, if that makes any difference.

Comment

I played through the whole game in my PC, but bought the complete edition for Xbox one X to play the expansions on it. The game looks great on the console, and the HDR is not overblown, but makes the lighting more realistic IMO. The PC version looks cartoonish in comparison. Don't miss the PC version at all.

Comment

I played the vanilla game on vanilla PS4 so stfu all of you.

Comment

Originally posted by Cynicalking View Post
                                                                    I played through the whole game in my PC, but bought the complete edition for Xbox one X to play the expansions on it. The game looks great on the console, and the HDR is not overblown, but makes the lighting more realistic IMO. The PC version looks cartoonish in comparison. Don't miss the PC version at all.
                                                                    I agree with you on the lighting - I had to find the right lighting mod on the PC to suit my tastes. Dealing with mods can be a PITA a lot of times, so I would grab the complete edition on Xbox if I had to choose only one option.

Regardless, this is one of my favorite games of all time, and worth playing all the way through with all the DLCs installed no matter what system you do it on.

Comment

So guys, should I play the game all the way through before starting the dlc? I'm only level 5 now and can easily sink 100 hours into this lol. What say you for a good level for any of the dlc?

Tanks

Comment

Yep, play the first bit first. You need to be a higher level to start the DLC anyway ( think it’s 34? It tells you in the quests menu when the DLC activates) but I would think that starting the DLC before finishing the base game would screw up the story for you.

I’m doing the base game first.

Comment

So guys, should I play the game all the way through before starting the dlc? I'm only level 5 now and can easily sink 100 hours into this lol. What say you for a good level for any of the dlc?

Tanks
                                                                          Originally posted by Megaman View Post
                                                                          Yep, play the first bit first. You need to be a higher level to start the DLC anyway ( think it’s 34? It tells you in the quests menu when the DLC activates) but I would think that starting the DLC before finishing the base game would screw up the story for you.

I’m doing the base game first.
                                                                          starting the first expansion heart of stone should be fine if you hit the right lvl before finishing the game, it just adds an extra "chapter" to the game that has nothing to do with the hunt or ciri. definitely finish the game before the second expansion, its basically an after story (and freaking awesome).

Comment

Ah OK cool. I'd rather keep the game in line with how it was originally released rather than jump to DLC. Just helps make sure that you are not crossing quests over.

Comment

Play main game.
                                                                              Play DLC later.

Don’t ruin this for yourself.

Comment

Cheers guys, thanks. I've already beaten the main game once, which was why I was asking. A second play through isn't a bad thing though

Comment

The DLCs were made in mind so it doesn't conflict with the main game. It's best that you complete the main game first, but you don't HAVE to, especially if you already played it once. Though you pretty much have to do the bulk of it if you want to reach the recommended levels.

There's no conflicting quests in the DLCs. You will even get specific passing reference dialogue if you beat the main quest/found Ciri or not. I remember this happening in the first DLC, the second (blood and wine) would matter more towards the end if you beat the main quest or not and what happened to Ciri.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                  X