No announcement yet.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have mixed emotions about the Blood and Wine expansion...one one hand it should be another great adventure, with a new area to explore but it also means that's it for the game.

I am still hoping they are going to release the Redkit 3 at some point to the public. If they did, the modding community would really take off.

Comment

Blood and Wine will be Madonna of the Carnation
      Jim Lahey: You know whats at work here? Its **** tectonics. When two **** plates strike and come together under incredible pressure, what happens Bubbs?
      Bubbles: What Mr Lahey?
      Jim Lahey: ...****-quake.

Comment

I don't know how long the Hearts of Stone was supposed to be but I got a solid 10 hours out of it. I know Blood and Wine is supposed to be even longer.

Comment

Originally posted by Arioch View Post
          I don't know how long the Hearts of Stone was supposed to be but I got a solid 10 hours out of it. I know Blood and Wine is supposed to be even longer.
          They were aiming at 10 for Hearts of Stone and 20 for Blood and Wine. I think their estimate for HoS was pretty accurate.
          Let him not vow to walk in the dark, who has not seen the nightfall.

Comment

Originally posted by Brainstew View Post
            They were aiming at 10 for Hearts of Stone and 20 for Blood and Wine. I think their estimate for HoS was pretty accurate.
            In my case it was spot on...I think having a new area to explore with make the next one longer than 20 hours for me.

Comment

I'd love to play an alternate witcher. Maybe someone from the cat school, like one of the cat school witchers you do meet in a side quest.

Forgot his name, but would be an interesting character to play. a darker, more cynical and mercenary natured witcher.

Comment

I'm not sure I'd enjoy a Witcher game as much without Geralt as the main character. He's just been such a staple to the series, and an awesome character with great presence. I've never been a huge fan of these types of fantasy RPGs but I think he is the reason I have enjoyed the Witcher games in spite of that. Also, I hated the portions of the game where I controlled Ciri. Just did not like her as a playable character. I think she felt too overpowered and "arcadey" and I always just wanted to hurry through and get back to Geralt.

Comment

I didn't mind playing as her, it broke it up a bit. I wouldn't mind the occasional section as another character either, but sure, Geralt needs to remain the main character.

Originally posted by Meteor_of_War View Post
                  I think any 3rd person game in which you can slow down and speed up your character's movement with the analog stick is better played with a controller.

Its definitely playable with a mouse, but I would expect the controls to be even more clunky.
                  Originally posted by Higgy10 View Post
                  I actually found the mouse and keyboard controls pretty good. Bit of a learning curve but once you figure it out, its pretty good imo.
                  This definitely plays better with gamepad, but tbh I just want to use KB/M in isometric view like Witcher 1
                  CROSSHAIR X670E HERO / R9 7950X3D / RTX 4090 GAMING OC / TRIDENT Z5 NEO RGB 6000 CL30 / SAMSUNG 980pro 1TB / 2x SAMSUNG 980 1TB / H150i ELITE LCD / ATH-A2000Z / HX1200 / AW3821DW 38" / LG C2 OLED evo 55" / Enthoo 719 / K70 MKII + Zowie S2 / K57 + Harpoon / Xbox Series X Controller / REVERB G2 V2

Comment

Originally posted by demo View Post
                    This definitely plays better with gamepad, but tbh I just want to use KB/M in isometric view like Witcher 1
                    not when your gamepad skills are downright pitiful. There was a decent mod that improved the some of the keyboard controls, especially for sign casting.

Comment

IMO, the kb+mouse controls are preferable in TW 3 because of the better keybinds.

But it does not matter that much, the controls are unresponsive no matter which control method you prefer.

Last edited by Mangler; Dec 27, 2015, 01:50 PM.

Comment

Did anyone play the console version? Nobody says much in the console forum about this game. It does seem like a great game to play on the couch in front of a big screen. It sure looked great on the PC. Plus, it was amazing how little load times there were. With my SSD and PC it loaded up almost instantly and you could ride a horse for 20 minutes and never see a loading screen. How did they do that? Was it the same on the console version?

Comment

Originally posted by SD-[Inc] View Post
                          Did anyone play the console version? Nobody says much in the console forum about this game. It does seem like a great game to play on the couch in front of a big screen. It sure looked great on the PC. Plus, it was amazing how little load times there were. With my SSD and PC it loaded up almost instantly and you could ride a horse for 20 minutes and never see a loading screen. How did they do that? Was it the same on the console version?
                          I played the PS4 version a bit at a friends house and the framerate was terrible. I've heard that patches have improved it, but I can't confirm.
                          Let him not vow to walk in the dark, who has not seen the nightfall.

Comment

i purchased both the console and the pc version as my way of supporting this developer. the console version started off rough, but the patches have it sorted pretty well imo. looks really good on the ps4 imo.

Comment

Nice adventure game to play this game developed with a great animation work

Comment

You know, i've thought sometimes... maybe they aren't all bots, but people who don't actually write english very well trying to join the forum, which im all for.
                                Never put off tomorrow what you can put off today!

Comment

Yeh I've got both versions. I had it on PS4 first and you're right it's definitely better on the big screen, but frame rate is locked at 30 and the graphics look a lot better on PC. From memory PS4 loading times were not that good tbh, probably anywhere from 5x to 10x longer than the SSD in PC.

Get yourself a long HDMI cable for your TV and DS4 or Xbone gamepad, then you can enjoy the best of both worlds

Originally posted by johnniewalk View Post
                                  Nice adventure game to play this game developed with a great animation work
                                  Word

CROSSHAIR X670E HERO / R9 7950X3D / RTX 4090 GAMING OC / TRIDENT Z5 NEO RGB 6000 CL30 / SAMSUNG 980pro 1TB / 2x SAMSUNG 980 1TB / H150i ELITE LCD / ATH-A2000Z / HX1200 / AW3821DW 38" / LG C2 OLED evo 55" / Enthoo 719 / K70 MKII + Zowie S2 / K57 + Harpoon / Xbox Series X Controller / REVERB G2 V2

Comment

Originally posted by theshadowcult View Post
                                    You know, i've thought sometimes... maybe they aren't all bots, but people who don't actually write english very well trying to join the forum, which im all for.
                                    You know that when bots can be mistaken for new English speakers that the War of the Machines is near

Comment

I'd pay for a non-Geralt game set a few centuries in the future or somesuch.

Comment

I'm not sure I'd enjoy a Witcher game as much without Geralt as the main character.

did you meet the cat school witcher? Would be kind of like playing Snake Plisken.

Geralt is fantastic, but I absolutely love when expansions change the protagonist and then show same scenes from a diferent time/standpoint. the xwing/tie fighter, hl1/op for type of thing is great imo.

Comment

Originally posted by GanjaStar View Post
                                          did you meet the cat school witcher? Would be kind of like playing Snake Plisken.

Geralt is fantastic, but I absolutely love when expansions change the protagonist and then show same scenes from a diferent time/standpoint. the xwing/tie fighter, hl1/op for type of thing is great imo.
                                          I agree, but I really have to like the universe in which it takes place. I am not really a big fan of the Witcher world, or this type of fantasy all that much. My interest in the Witcher games has always been because of the Geralt of Rivia character being so well done.

Comment

I agree, but I really have to like the universe in which it takes place. I am not really a big fan of the Witcher world, or this type of fantasy all that much. My interest in the Witcher games has always been because of the Geralt of Rivia character being so well done.
                                            Jim Lahey: You know whats at work here? Its **** tectonics. When two **** plates strike and come together under incredible pressure, what happens Bubbs?

Comment

Comment

Comment

Finally bought this one on the Steam sale, and wow (no pun intended :P) what a game ! Big world, great storytelling, fantastic graphics (everything maxed out even on my older card, smooth as a baby's ass).

Definitely the RPG game of the year.

I'd love to see a Witcher IV with cooperative multiplayer for like 8 or 16 players max. I'd run a server on one of my company's clusters and we'd play the hell out of it with my guild and friends.
                                                  CPU: Core I7 7700k @4.8ghz - GPU: GeForce GTX 980Ti G1 Gaming - RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX Savage DDR4 3000 - Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z270X-Ultra-Gaming - PSU: Antec TruePower New 750W - Storage: Kingston SV300 480gb SSD and 2x1TB WD Velociraptor HDDs (Raid 0) - Main display: Philips 40PUK6809 4K 3D TV - Second display: Philips 27" 1ms Full HD LCD monitor - Soundcard: Pioneer VSX-322 AV Receiver HDMI linked with the GPU and the TV, with Jamo S 426 HS 3 5.0 speakers and Pioneer S-21W subwoofer - OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 bits.

Comment

Justin

Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 5 G1 - nVidia Gigabyte RTX 3070 OC - Samsung EVO 850 SSD - Intel I5 6600K - crucial 16GB DDR4 - Intel 240ssd5 & WD 1TB 7200rpm - corsair 750ps - HP OMEN 27i -
                                                    - corsair spec alpha carbide series case - corsair K70 Rapidfire RGB MX keyboard - Logitech G502 - Sennheiser G4ME One Headset

MSI GE62 Apache Pro Gaming Laptop - nVidia 970m - Intel I7 5700 - 16GB DDR3 - 128ssd & 1TB 7200rpm

XBone - TyrSog76
                                                    PSN - - Tyr-Sog_
                                                    Steam - Tyr-Sog

Comment

Comment

..[Geralt vs Eskel in non-manly clothing]..
                                                        -
                                                        I miss seing Dawn on my Eizo T965 21" CRT with ATi 9700 PRO. RIP.

Comment

Huh, somehow I never saw this trailer before

[yt]tpTSwLqmtFw[/yt]

Comment

If only the game was actually like that. lol.
                                                            Xbox Live Gamer's Tag: Evileh

Sittal on BF2142 "wtf. seriously. this has got to be the worst game i have EVER played. far worse than left behind."

Logical "u dont have to lie to us that u got fired again we dont judge here that your 🌯 weren't up to snuff."

Comment

Awesome trailer.
                                                              They mostly come at night... mostly.

Comment

Originally posted by Evileh View Post
                                                                If only the game was actually like that. lol.
                                                                I missed that one too. Awesome trailer. I am not sure what you mean because the game was just like that. So many contracts had contradicting motives. Often a moral decision was required on which way to proceed.

Comment

I don't think this has been posted yet.

Great vid

[yt]Z5BsJ1TRMh8[/yt]

Comment

I missed that one too. Awesome trailer. I am not sure what you mean because the game was just like that. So many contracts had contradicting motives. Often a moral decision was required on which way to proceed.
                                                                    I guess what I meant was combat gameplay like that lol
                                                                    Xbox Live Gamer's Tag: Evileh

Sittal on BF2142 "wtf. seriously. this has got to be the worst game i have EVER played. far worse than left behind."

Logical "u dont have to lie to us that u got fired again we dont judge here that your 🌯 weren't up to snuff."

Comment

Comment

I am more excited that Bloodborne got 19 GOTY Wins. That was a console exclusive and a new IP.
                                                                        "The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -- Albert Einstein
                                                                        Twitch Channel | Steam Profile | Console ID: Pocky4Th3Win

Comment

The only thing I'm salty about with this game is that the Bruxa wasn't even in the main game. Trailer lies! Hopefully it's in the expansion.

Comment

Originally posted by nutcrackr View Post
                                                                            The only thing I'm salty about with this game is that the Bruxa wasn't even in the main game. Trailer lies! Hopefully it's in the expansion.

Yeah I thought that was weird too.
                                                                            Gaming Computer: Core i7 3770k | MSI Z77 MPOWER | MSI 1080 Twin Frozr | Acer Predator X34 | 16GB G.SKILL DDR3 PC2100 | Antec DF-85 | Cooler Master Silent Gold Pro 800W | 512GB Samsung 860 EVO | 4TB WDC Black | 4TB HGST
                                                                            Server: Core i5 4670 | MSI Z87 MPOWER MAX AC | eVGA GTX980 | 8GB G.SKILL DDR3 1866 | Lian-Li V2120X | Corsair RM750 750W | 500GB SSD | 4x 4TB WDC Red

Comment

Originally posted by [B
                                                                              GanjaStar[/b];1337806987]did you meet the cat school witcher? Would be kind of like playing Snake Plisken.

Exactly my sentiment! Tho i suspect i am a bigger fan than meteor...Geralt's awesome execution aside the multi viewpoint expansions are undoubtedly a key factor in making this great. Totally agree!!

Comment

does the dlc add any additional hair/beard options from the original game?

Comment

I hated The Witcher 1 (mainly due to the awkward combat), never played the sequel, but I'm loving this new installment! What a game!

So my question is, is W2 anywhere near as good as W3?
                                                                                  Asus Tuf Gaming x570-Plus
                                                                                  Ryzen 3700X<---> 16GB DDR4
                                                                                  MSI GTX 980ti Gaming 6G <---> BenQ 32" LED PD3200Q (2560x1440)
                                                                                  TC Electronic Desktop Konnekt <---> KRK Rokit 5's

Comment

Working...
                                                                                  X