No announcement yet.

GOTY 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I haven't played many games that actually came out this year, since I have such a large backlog (no sense buying new games at closer to full price when I can just play older ones that I already own/got for cheap).

That being said, I think Alan Wake would probably be my GOTY, for what it's worth.

Comment

I'd vote for the witcher 2 even though it came out last year simply because nothing has even come remotely close. I have'nt played dark souls so can't comment, its not available in my region.
      4790k @ 4.6GHZ | Noctua NH-D14 | 16GB (2x8gb) Crucial Ballistex @ CL9 | Asrock Z97 OC Formula | Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 |
      250gb Samsung 840 Evo & 240gb OCZ Vertex 3 MI & 2TB WD Black | Auzentech Forte 7.1 | Seasonic 760wt Platinum | DELL U2711 @ 1440p | Corsair 300R | Win 8.1

Comment

Originally posted by B.A. Baracus View Post
        i've played it and it's not my goty. enjoyed it though. Your theory is null and voided.
        I played it, and nope. Dark souls is the emperors new clothes.

I applaud the idea though.
        Last edited by kepler; Nov 28, 2012, 03:47 AM.
        Darwin and Tesla.

Comment

At this point im leaning towards Lego Lord of the Rings for game of the year. its that good.

Comment

Darwin and Tesla.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave View Post
              At this point im leaning towards Lego Lord of the Rings for game of the year. its that good.
              Wut?

Comment

Originally posted by KickAssCop View Post
                Wut?
                im entitled to my opinion

Comment

Originally posted by Dave View Post
                  im entitled to my opinion
                  No

Comment

GOTY is Farcry 3. Bitches!

Comment

Originally posted by kepler View Post

No, you just were terrible at it. Not everyone's cup of tea, but certainly not the emperor's new clothes.
                      Originally posted by General Lee
                      I've been praying for your nuts.
                      Originally posted by General Lee
                      If you must listen to country [music], play it backwards. You get your woman back, the dog comes back to life, Momma pops out from under the train, and it stops raining. :)

Comment

Originally posted by Phrygian View Post
                        No, you just were terrible at it.
                        That I don't dispute.
                        Darwin and Tesla.

Comment

Originally posted by kepler View Post

Referring to Dark Souls as the Emperor's New Clothes is a disservice to everyone that loves the game. Give us some credit please. There is no other game in my entire gaming life that I have spent more hours on. So many people play this game for 100+ hours. THAT'S real!

Comment

Game is for gays.

Comment

my top list

5) Torchlight 2
                              4) Legend of Grimrock
                              3) Binary Domain (being the only one on the list that I actually finished as of this moment)
                              2) The Void (oh wait that's a 2009 game, only just got around playing it this year)
                              GOTY: Dark Souls: prepare to die
                              But you only really know what a smile means when you own the face behind it. Everyone else just sees the smile they expect it to be - Nathan Filer

Comment

Originally posted by H-Alien View Post
                                my top list

5) Torchlight 2
                                4) Legend of Grimrock
                                3) Binary Domain (being the only one on the list that I actually finished as of this moment)
                                2) The Void (oh wait that's a 2009 game, only just got around playing it this year)
                                GOTY: Dark Souls: prepare to die
                                Y U NO PLAY FARCRY 3?

Comment

My top games of 2012...

FarCry 3
                                  Alan Wake
                                  The Walking Dead
                                  They mostly come at night... mostly.

Comment

Borderlands 2
                                    BF3 Expansions
                                    My Dealings

Comment

Originally posted by KickAssCop View Post
                                      Y U NO PLAY FARCRY 3?
                                      Nope, I vowed to myself to only buy games when they are 10 bucks or less....I keep playing those cheap ass games anyways instead of the latest titles* so I won't fall into the buyer's trap anymore....until the next paycheck probably

* the exception being Dark Souls.
                                      But you only really know what a smile means when you own the face behind it. Everyone else just sees the smile they expect it to be - Nathan Filer

Comment

Assassins Creed III is my game of the year...
                                        Xbox Live Gamer's Tag: Evileh

Sittal on BF2142 "wtf. seriously. this has got to be the worst game i have EVER played. far worse than left behind."

Logical "u dont have to lie to us that u got fired again we dont judge here that your 🌯 weren't up to snuff."

Comment

Don't have Far Cry 3, no money So my vote cannot go for that.

My Game of the Year is either Guild Wars 2 or Max Payne 3 or Torchlight 2
                                          Originally posted by David O. McKay
                                          The home is the first and most effective place to learn the lessons of life: truth, honor, virtue, self control, the value of education, honest work, and the purpose and privilege of life. Nothing can take the place of home in rearing and teaching children, and no other success can compensate for failure in the home.
                                          Originally posted by Albert Einstein
                                          Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy22 View Post
                                            Referring to Dark Souls as the Emperor's New Clothes is a disservice to everyone that loves the game. Give us some credit please. There is no other game in my entire gaming life that I have spent more hours on. So many people play this game for 100+ hours. THAT'S real!
                                            *shrug* I think it's great that a game that tries something different can get so much praise, and for so many people to enjoy it (and so publically).

Doesn't change the fact that it not only contained the kind of bugs and attention to detail you'd expect to see in a badly cracked german indie game, but was actually lauded for it.
                                            Darwin and Tesla.

Comment

Working...
                                            X