Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GOTY 2012

Post 'em bids...

My shortlist is something that I still don't remember lol. Which games were released this year?

Max payne 3 maybe

Games I've enjoyed that I know won't be GOTY but still...
    X-com
    Prototype 2
    GW2
    NS2

Gosh, this year was THIS BAD?lol
    Having kids kills your gaming :(
    Tattoo Shop in Eugene

Comment

Borderlands 2 has to be up there too.

Comment

Fun/good games I played this year:

Borderlands 2
        Sleeping Dogs
        Xcom
        Dark Souls: Poor Port Edition
        Walking Dead
        95% of Mass Effect 3
        Kingdoms of Amalur
        Dishonored

Maybe FC3 and AC3 will end up on this list too.

I'm having a hard time remembering which games came out this year tbh.

And my #1 Worst game of the year is:

MEDAL OF HONOR WARFIGHTER!!1!one
        Last edited by Mangler; Nov 23, 2012, 12:24 PM.

Comment

I think Dishonored and CODBLOPS2 are also up there. Borderlands 2 was dope as well.

Comment

It's gotta be Sleeping Dogs for me, especially because it was one of those games that kind of came from out of nowhere and blew me away. I had more fun with it than any of the other games, including Borderlands 2.

Runner-up is XCOM, just because they did such a great job with it.

These are just the games I've played. I haven't tried Dishonored yet, although I did purchase it via the GMG $22 deal, so perhaps it will knock out one or both of the games above!

I think by the time I play Far Cry 3, however, it will become my GOTY for 2012 if it's as good as I'm thinking it's going to be.
            YouTube Channel

Comment

far cry 3 is still to come and ass creed 3 I barely started. Not a great year for PC games imo (one of the worst since I can remember playing games)

mass erect 3 - my goty by a lightyear so far
              alan wake (pc)
              mark of the ninja
              sleeping dogs
              torchlight 2
              black ops 2

--- close contenders
              darksiders 2
              tribes ascend
              prototype 2
              Botanicula

---most disappointing
              guild wars 2
              counter-strike: go
              dirt: hoedown

skyrim won last year (BF3 and Witcher 2 runners up)
              Last edited by nutcrackr; Nov 23, 2012, 01:14 PM.

Comment

Revelations 2012
                I was talking about the destruction of the USD before it was cool.

Comment

I'm not sure I've played anything that's really had me hooked this year.

If I had to pick one, I suppose I'd probably go for the walking dead. A couple of the episodes were really well done.
                  Darwin and Tesla.

Comment

Originally posted by Ne0Griever View Post
                    That makes postal and dnf look good.
                    [tR3d]lmpreza
                    Originally posted by HiThere
                    Spring the trap. Spring it all over her face.

Comment

Originally posted by Ne0Griever View Post
                      confession time. I actually completed this game in coop on. I had access to a review copy and I played with one entertaining redneck developer and gave her input on what to fix, review magazines, indie bundles.

I endured the 9 hour coop romp on normal. higher difficulties=insane.

she sounded pretty clueless to everyday gamer life stuff, not knowing what gamespot is or creative labs

Anyways, my goty is Alan Wake. That game impacted me on many levels. There were a ton of good games this year, and more coming, but I can't see anything better then AW in the next month.

Comment

Mine would be Max Payne 3; such a slick production and the only game this year I've made the time to sit down and complete.

Sleeping Dogs is a close second, even though I haven't had the drive to go back and carry it on, but burning around on a motorbike with metal playing gets it the nod

Borderlands 2 comes in a very solid third.

Comment

MP3 was so bad lol.
                          Originally posted by curio
                          Eat this protein bar, for it is of my body. And drink this creatine shake, for it is my blood.
                          "If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe

Comment

Even though I was let down by the original ending as well, I still have to say ME3. 97% of that was a blueprint of how sp games should be.
                            The coin is still turning.

Comment

1) ME3
                              2) The Walking Dead
                              3) Dishonored

Even though ME3 was disappointing and had a terrible ending, it was probably still the best of the year. This was truly a pretty unimpressive year in gaming, last year was much better. Maybe Far Cry 3 can steal it's way into the top, but I doubt it.
                              Last edited by Brainstew; Nov 23, 2012, 04:49 PM.
                              Let him not vow to walk in the dark, who has not seen the nightfall.

Comment

I'm a dirty heathen that only buys most games later on when there's a sale, so I haven't played most of the big name 2012 games yet. I'd probably vote for Alan Wake also. The gameplay wasn't the most exciting thing ever, but the story and presentation had me by the balls. Story > everything else for me.

There are a few games that I would put up there just because of the story. If you had to put it into categories of: Story, Gameplay and Total Package, I'd probably pick a different game for each one.

Comment

year 2012 had no excellent game.
                                  "Feel pain, contemplate pain, accept pain, know pain! Those who do not know pain will never understand true peace!" Nagato Sama

Comment

ME3 gets the nod from me.

I haven't played BL2 or sleeping dogs yet. I just bought Max P3, so not sure what it's going to be like yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Chubz View Post
                                      It's gotta be Sleeping Dogs for me, especially because it was one of those games that kind of came from out of nowhere and blew me away. I had more fun with it than any of the other games, including Borderlands 2.
                                      I felt the same way.
                                      Originally posted by Mangler
                                      Good work guys, we can't have too many positive posts in a row on this forum.

Comment

Borderlands 2, one of the best fps ever, so well rounded, so massive, so much play, so addictive, fun dialogues, excellent voice acting, its story unfolds perfectly, challenging, good ia, and so on. First game ever that made me play it two times in a row.

And sleeping dogs?, cmon, it is very good but the driving/sandbox part sucks

Comment

Very unmemorable year except for 1 that made a huge impact....

DayZ
                                          Member of the Glorious PC Gaming Master Race-"Doesn't any game maker know how to make a PC feeling game anymore? I hate all this console afterbirth crap we're getting lately."

Comment

Sleeping Dawgs was definitely awesome.

Comment

Borderlands 2 for me.

Comment

In no specific order:
                                                - Mass Effect 3
                                                - Dark Souls
                                                - Diablo 3 (Yes! Despite the hate, I play it to date and enjoyed it pre patches and more post patches and it does a good job in keeping me coming back for more!)
                                                - CoD Black Ops 2
                                                - Dishonoured (I just got it but the game has Dues Ex written all over it and I love that)
                                                - The Walking Dead
                                                - Sleeping Dogs
                                                - Max Payne 3
                                                - Alan Wake
                                                - Darksiders 2 (noone mentioned it but frankly, it is very well done and a nice step forward from the first one.)
                                                *Sending A Dream Into the Universe*
                                                Steam ID: Vayne4800, Origin: Vayne4800, Battletag: Vayne#2528

Comment

Diablo 3, lol you crack me up. I can see it now. "It sold so many copies!". No Diablo 2 = why it sold so many copies. Let's go back in time with what we know now, then see how many sell. *pst* I have a time machine and about 1/4 sold! ^^
                                                  Mobo: Asus P8Z68-M Pro| CPU: Intel i5-2500 @ 3.3ghz : 8gb DDR3 Kingston RAM| VGA: Nvidia Gigabyte 896mb GTX260 | HDD: 2x640gb WE SATAII | Case: Thermaltake ARMOR | PSU: Coolmaster Silent Pro M700 | Sound: SB X-FI Xtreme | OS: Vista x64 SP2 Home Premium | Monitor: Black Widscreen LG 24" LCD

Comment

bf3 expansion packs, nothing else is even worth considering for an award
                                                    "you son of a ***** do u think you can elude us forever carlos"

http://gawker.com/5002269/the-cruise...ed-to-suppress

AHAHAHAH WTF IS HE TALKING ABOUT??????????

Comment

Originally posted by Jaws of Life View Post
                                                      Diablo 3, lol you crack me up. I can see it now. "It sold so many copies!". No Diablo 2 = why it sold so many copies. Let's go back in time with what we know now, then see how many sell. *pst* I have a time machine and about 1/4 sold! ^^
                                                      "LOL people have different preferences than me"

Comment

Originally posted by Mangler View Post
                                                        "LOL people have different preferences than me"
                                                        Yeah how about no. You have a constant standard that was broken. If it was your first Diablo then I would understand completely, but if you tried the best and played the best then there's no other conclusion - and just go read some forums and see which type of players are upset. I'll go bang pots and pans and say: "It's my opinion it's soothing music". No it's not, the world and universe has preset standards, whether it's what seen as tranquil, easy to the ears, these constant standards are found within all lifeforms.

In summary, Diablo 3 is utter dogsh*t but can be enjoyed by new players to the franchise. It's numerical success was purely due to riding the coattails of it's predecessors. To even suggest it as GOTY when the uproar about how far it veered off and decided to not be an ARPG makes me "lol" because I can't take that seriously. Once again, if people knew what it was now back then, it would have sold considerably less.
                                                        Last edited by Jaws of Life; Nov 24, 2012, 04:21 AM.
                                                        Mobo: Asus P8Z68-M Pro| CPU: Intel i5-2500 @ 3.3ghz : 8gb DDR3 Kingston RAM| VGA: Nvidia Gigabyte 896mb GTX260 | HDD: 2x640gb WE SATAII | Case: Thermaltake ARMOR | PSU: Coolmaster Silent Pro M700 | Sound: SB X-FI Xtreme | OS: Vista x64 SP2 Home Premium | Monitor: Black Widscreen LG 24" LCD

Comment

Originally posted by icecold1983 View Post
                                                          bf3 expansion packs, nothing else is even worth considering for an award
                                                          Originally posted by KAC
                                                          Gays if I had boyfriends your mums wouldn’t have produced your sorry asses.

Comment

I don't play many games nowdays, however I vote for sleeping dogs for the GOTY so far due to it being a very solid non hyped game with AAA quality; and IMO ME3 can't be GOTY since the only reason people played it was for the story continuity, everything else in it just felt like GoW clone.

Other than that I can agree with Borderlands 2 being the one of best game in 2012... here's hoping Far Cry 3 will join the rank.
                                                            I guess it's the trend nowdays with games; either you are a hardcore PC GAME, or you live long enough to see yourself become a console port

Comment

Dishonored
                                                              Borderlands 2
                                                              Assassins Creed 3
                                                              Max Payne 3

Comment

I would put up Borderlands 2 and X-COM.
                                                                Edward Crisler
                                                                SAPPHIRE NA PR Representative

#SapphireNation

Comment

Ill prolly get bitched at for saying this but imo 2012 was one of the worst years in recent memory for gaming(especially pc gaming). Year of the sequel/remakes, lots of disappointments.

Comment

I had plenty of games to pump and enjoy. However, I must add they weren't as memorable as previous years.

Comment

I think 50% in here knows its diablo3, if you all count the hours played and entertained.

So my bet here is Diablo 3.
                                                                      "Insanity in individuals is something rare - but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule."
                                                                      Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

Originally posted by Higgy10 View Post
                                                                        Ill prolly get bitched at for saying this but imo 2012 was one of the worst years in recent memory for gaming(especially pc gaming). Year of the sequel/remakes, lots of disappointments.
                                                                        No, you're not the only one who thinks that. Last year around this time, I was waiting for the Steam Christmas sale, so I could get Bulletstorm, Witcher 2, Skyrim, and Deus Ex HR (among other things).

Twelve months later, what am I looking forward to buying in this year's sale? Nothing. I'm still having fun with Bulletstorm, Witcher 2, Skyrim, and Deus EX HR.

2011 was kind of like 1999 - so many good games came out in one year, that it will probably be a while before we see a year like it again.
                                                                        Last edited by wazman; Nov 24, 2012, 10:24 AM.
                                                                        "And if I only could, Make a deal with God, And get him to swap our places..." - Placebo, "Running Up That Hill"

RIP, Hannibal. RIP, Shadow. RIP, Mitchell. RIP, Annie. RIP, Jones.

Comment

I really enjoyed playing the Walking Dead. It had such a great story line and voice acting...and I was surprised by the non-hollywood ending. One of the most amazing adventure games I've played in recent memory.
                                                                          "World's First Analyst and Therapist: the Analrapist"
                                                                          "Part time Cork Soaker"

Comment

Originally posted by Payne3d View Post
                                                                            I really enjoyed playing the Walking Dead. It had such a great story line and voice acting...and I was surprised by the non-hollywood ending. One of the most amazing adventure games I've played in recent memory.
                                                                            I haven't heard a bad word about it, I might have to pick it up on STEAM next sale or something. I just don't have time to be playing 5+ titles, my 6 games form last STEAM sale are lying dormant.

Comment

#39
                                                                              I'm gonna be on my own here and say hotline miami. That game is me.

Comment

#40
                                                                                So, let's do categories. How about the common ones...

a) Shooter - Borderlands 2
                                                                                b) Third Person Action - Sleeping Dogs
                                                                                c) Adventure - Walking Dead
                                                                                d) Strategy - Not applicable
                                                                                e) RPG - Mass Effect 3
                                                                                f) Racing - Most Wanted
                                                                                g) Sports - Fifa 13
                                                                                h) Indie - ?

Comment

Working...
                                                                                X