Chris Roberts Space Garage Simulator: Star Citizen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sundance Kid V2 View Post
    if they spend all the time on a crash and fall code.. hahahahhaha. This game will come out in 2120....

Spending time adding fluf ... lol. Well played.
    Worse, they got the crash physics wrong
    I guess it's the trend nowdays with games; either you are a hardcore PC GAME, or you live long enough to see yourself become a console port

Comment

Originally posted by Napoleonic View Post
      Worse, they got the crash physics wrong

At least I don't have a horse in this race. Just sad they f-ck up the SP game.

Comment

At least I don't have a horse in this race. Just sad they f-ck up the SP game.
        This. Release SQ42 already!!

Comment

Originally posted by acroig View Post
          This. Release SQ42 already!!
          Yea.. I would have offered for SQ42.... but looks like they are not interested

Comment

Yea.. I would have offered for SQ42.... but looks like they are not interested
            Same, bastids!

Comment

Same, bastids!
              are our not good enough?

I'll go and ugly cry in the shower tonight...

Comment

the scam of the century

i still remember getting called out to stop my negativity in this thread....

I ain't even feeling sorry for all the losers who dropped ridiculous amounts of money on this ....... thing.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"Time is the school in which we learn, Time is the fire in which we burn. *Delmore Schwartz*

Comment

Originally posted by Silent-Runner View Post

I ain't even feeling sorry for all the losers who dropped ridiculous amounts of money on this ....... thing.
                  It's been a total scam.

Comment

Leave Chris Roberts Alone !!!!!

Comment

Man Croberts is going to be changing a lot of stuff when he sees Star Wars Squadrons.

Comment

From now through September 23rd, Star Citizen is free to play, and we're giving you access to test-fly all 16 ships in the Showdown.

Tell me how it is as cba’d to download again.
                        Specs: Asus Z170-A Mobo | Intel i7-6700k 4GHz | Sapphire RX5600XT Pulse 6G | 16GB DDR4 3000MHz PC4-22400 | Samsung U28E570D 4K | Thrustmaster Hotas X Joystick | Win10 Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Thr0tt View Post
                          From now through September 23rd, Star Citizen is free to play, and we're giving you access to test-fly all 16 ships in the Showdown.

Tell me how it is as cba’d to download again.
                          Yeah, hard pass.

Comment

Yeah, hard pass.
                            +1

edit: watch how all the whales dump MORE money in...

Comment

+1

Insane!

Comment

+1

I have doubted their alleged income money for years. keep in mind that they have a dozen or more shell companies, and their biggest investor from the Calder's group? turns out Ortwin which is one of long time CR partner have worked together with Calder before during their german movie business thing, to me this give even less credibility to the story that such random billionaire family decided to invest in this fishy video game endeavor with honest intentions.

then you go to most gaming communities on the internet today and start a conversation about sc, you'd see that most would tell you it's a scam, the point is, you have to be completely naive and out of touch with the gaming industry and community to not see how much of a high risk you're going to get if you decided to fund sc today.

and even these free fly events would speak for themselves, exposing how buggy, barren and boring sc actually is, so I seriously doubt there are real influx of fresh money going into the project that could explain the record breaking year they're having since the start of the year.

if you're saying that it's the whales, think again, look at the sc forum itself, there are more disgruntled backers now more than ever, the overall vibe from whales and their community is that they're no longer investing in large quantity to the project

all things summed up should raise the question, where did the money really come from? is the alleged income even real? heck, if it is not real for this year, has it ever been real?

sure they claim to have 300-500 employees but where's exactly the result? we're not talking about a startup today, this thing has been going on for years, almost a decade even, what's actually being done there? how's the money circulation?

remember, crytek tried to sue these guys, only to find that there were no squadron 42 works been done yet either all the works have been meticulously destroyed, or it was actually the honest state of affair, despite the claim for cig, cr, his cronies and even some of the dev that they have been working on it since years ago or even already completed parts of the game years ago....

a game -talking about squadron here- that supposedly share majority of it's core features with sc in the first place, a game that supposedly would've been launched in 2014, 2015, 2016,... etc but never materialized, and yet with the latest roadmap officially stated that this year would enter beta status.

the whole thing is a candidate for the worst thing ever came out from pc gaming as a whole.
                                I guess it's the trend nowdays with games; either you are a hardcore PC GAME, or you live long enough to see yourself become a console port

Comment

the whole thing is a candidate for the worst thing ever came out from pc gaming as a whole.
                                  It's a scam, plain and simple, and Derek Smart was right all along.

http://dereksmart.com/2019/05/star-c...m-for-a-dream/

This is from May 2019.

Comment

I have doubted their alleged income money for years. keep in mind that they have a dozen or more shell companies, and their biggest investor from the Calder's group? turns out Ortwin which is one of long time CR partner have worked together with Calder before during their german movie business thing, to me this give even less credibility to the story that such random billionaire family decided to invest in this fishy video game endeavor with honest intentions.

then you go to most gaming communities on the internet today and start a conversation about sc, you'd see that most would tell you it's a scam, the point is, you have to be completely naive and out of touch with the gaming industry and community to not see how much of a high risk you're going to get if you decided to fund sc today.

and even these free fly events would speak for themselves, exposing how buggy, barren and boring sc actually is, so I seriously doubt there are real influx of fresh money going into the project that could explain the record breaking year they're having since the start of the year.

if you're saying that it's the whales, think again, look at the sc forum itself, there are more disgruntled backers now more than ever, the overall vibe from whales and their community is that they're no longer investing in large quantity to the project

all things summed up should raise the question, where did the money really come from? is the alleged income even real? heck, if it is not real for this year, has it ever been real?

sure they claim to have 300-500 employees but where's exactly the result? we're not talking about a startup today, this thing has been going on for years, almost a decade even, what's actually being done there? how's the money circulation?

remember, crytek tried to sue these guys, only to find that there were no squadron 42 works been done yet either all the works have been meticulously destroyed, or it was actually the honest state of affair, despite the claim for cig, cr, his cronies and even some of the dev that they have been working on it since years ago or even already completed parts of the game years ago....

a game -talking about squadron here- that supposedly share majority of it's core features with sc in the first place, a game that supposedly would've been launched in 2014, 2015, 2016,... etc but never materialized, and yet with the latest roadmap officially stated that this year would enter beta status.

I agree.. but there is some people out there having cash to burn.

But hopefully people stop spending money on this scam. That is why I laugh at the crash physics posted. Years and years.. and they wasting time on that lol. It's insane...

Comment

over 3k posts about "this" .... kinda sad and funny at the same time. Re-reading the older posts and seeing how hopes got crushed, ridiculous amounts of money were spent for virtual ships, somewhat tragic. Maybe it's a reminder (if not THE reminder) why kickstarters are still a very risky thing.

"Time is the school in which we learn, Time is the fire in which we burn. *Delmore Schwartz*

Comment

I dont know man I know real life people that are still buying ships. They are playing the game of buying ships and selling them off and getting other ships. Of course they cant use any of the ships they are buying or selling. The fanbase is definitely fanatical and just hope for the best. I think the whole thing is crazy and have been highly critical since day 1.

Derek Smart is just waiting for SC to just finally blow up and then he will come out and receive his recognition.

Comment

over 3k posts about "this" .... kinda sad and funny at the same time. Re-reading the older posts and seeing how hopes got crushed, ridiculous amounts of money were spent for virtual ships, somewhat tragic. Maybe it's a reminder (if not THE reminder) why kickstarters are still a very risky thing.
                                          We all were happy with Roberts doing WC. It was a dream come true.

But yea.. and never throw money you can't afford. If you got money to burn.. then cool. I treat buying early access/kick starter as money I'll never see again. I didn't pay anything this scam (luckily)

Comment

Originally posted by logical View Post
                                            Derek Smart is just waiting for SC to just finally blow up and then he will come out and receive his recognition.
                                            He hasn't touched the topic since May of 19 as far as I can tell.

Comment

He hasn't touched the topic since May of 19 as far as I can tell.

Probably cause he feels its close. I mean theres nothing more to say than whats already been said it would just be beating a dead horse. I read a bunch of his stuff back in the day about SC and the mishandling of money and it seems more likely that he was right about more stuff than wrong.

Comment

Probably cause he feels its close. I mean theres nothing more to say than whats already been said it would just be beating a dead horse. I read a bunch of his stuff back in the day about SC and the mishandling of money and it seems more likely that he was right about more stuff than wrong.
                                                , time proved him right. SQ42 Beta anyone?

Comment

I think something happened legally that made Derek Smart back off. He was absolutely rabid, then he just ignores the topic like a switch flipped? That's not how that works he was getting tons of hits bashing SC (and rightfully so).

I might amuse myself and look at my older posts in this thread. At least I can say I was never duped by this garbage "development team".. I was against this game from day1.
                                                  Originally posted by curio
                                                  Eat this protein bar, for it is of my body. And drink this creatine shake, for it is my blood.
                                                  "If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe

Comment

Originally posted by Nunz View Post
                                                    I think something happened legally that made Derek Smart back off. He was absolutely rabid, then he just ignores the topic like a switch flipped? That's not how that works he was getting tons of hits bashing SC (and rightfully so).

I might amuse myself and look at my older posts in this thread. At least I can say I was never duped by this garbage "development team".. I was against this game from day1.
                                                    why?

I really hoped we could get a Wing Commander game out of it...

Comment

Because of the crowd-funding. This game did not need that kind of investment, and, as predicted, they spent it on insane stupidity instead of actual development. I would imagine a publisher would have snatched this thing up quite quickly, but not with a complete moron running the team; aka, chris roberts.

There's a reason no publisher wanted to deal with him. If you think his first option/idea was to go to crowd-funding, you'd be lying to yourself.
                                                      Originally posted by curio
                                                      Eat this protein bar, for it is of my body. And drink this creatine shake, for it is my blood.
                                                      "If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe

Comment

Originally posted by Nunz View Post
                                                        Because of the crowd-funding. This game did not need that kind of investment, and, as predicted, they spent it on insane stupidity instead of actual development. I would imagine a publisher would have snatched this thing up quite quickly, but not with a complete moron running the team; aka, chris roberts.

There's a reason no publisher wanted to deal with him. If you think his first option/idea was to go to crowd-funding, you'd be lying to yourself.
                                                        I agree with the amount of $$ needed.

But if they don't use a publisher, more profits and control of the project/deadlines etc. But any case.. this game is fooked

Comment

Ive been pretty much on the negative side of this game after it hit a certain price point(and it hit that early)

I just dont like the fact that one guy gets all this money and has no one holding him accountable with it. If he produced nothing he would get away scott free from money taken from kickstarter just a bruised ego and basically black balling himself from the industry. But I think he had already been sort of black balled anyway because of his reputation of not being able to finish things in a timely manner.

Looking it like a hustler though he won the game. All he has to do at this point is keep a small skeleton crew going to slowly move the game development and say he is still working on the game. At some point he can be absolved of not finishing the game because development took so long.

I wonder if the rumors are true that he is trying to distance himself from the game.. that would definitely be hilarious.

As much as people hate publishers for forcing overtime and putting hard deadlines on games they are sort of needed in the industry. There needs to be someone at the top to say "alright this is enough and if you cant do it sooner we will get someone else to do it faster"

Comment

Heh apparently a few days ago he made 2 semi BS semi ranting posts about how hard is his own game development on his own forum... After elite dangerous owner released their annual financial report that included a jab at SC by saying how well ED is compared to SC that still isn't released yet.

DS suspected that it wasn't really CR who made the post

Comment

Derek Smart lost interest and there is no real progress happening. He's spending too much time on politics now.

Comment

Heh apparently a few days ago he made 2 semi BS semi ranting posts about how hard is his own game development on his own forum... After elite dangerous owner released their annual financial report that included a jab at SC by saying how well ED is compared to SC that still isn't released yet.

DS suspected that it wasn't really CR who made the post
                                                                https://robertsspaceindustries.com/s...-4-years-later

Comment

Ive been pretty much on the negative side of this game after it hit a certain price point(and it hit that early)

I just dont like the fact that one guy gets all this money and has no one holding him accountable with it. If he produced nothing he would get away scott free from money taken from kickstarter just a bruised ego and basically black balling himself from the industry. But I think he had already been sort of black balled anyway because of his reputation of not being able to finish things in a timely manner.

Looking it like a hustler though he won the game. All he has to do at this point is keep a small skeleton crew going to slowly move the game development and say he is still working on the game. At some point he can be absolved of not finishing the game because development took so long.

I wonder if the rumors are true that he is trying to distance himself from the game.. that would definitely be hilarious.

As much as people hate publishers for forcing overtime and putting hard deadlines on games they are sort of needed in the industry. There needs to be someone at the top to say "alright this is enough and if you cant do it sooner we will get someone else to do it faster"
                                                                  I know devs would also say "just add this", "add more and more"... and never end. Project never ends...

But I think CR saw the money streaming in, he had a plan.. but the amount of money just made him try to make the game bigger and bigger. And there was nobody to kick him and say "finish!".

But that is my guess...
                                                                  edit: But yea.. that money is gone. All they have to do is one day deliver 1/2 baked product (or run out of money).. and just say "oops.. it failed. Project was too ambitionious.My bad"..

Comment

I know devs would also say "just add this", "add more and more"... and never end. Project never ends...

Doubt its the devs. Developers get project fatigue and at some point people get tired of looking at the same stuff and working on the same project for years on end. We are going on what 8 years now? I can guarantee you most people have been there for more than 3-4 years are ready to just get this **** over with and work on something different than what they have been working on.

Devs actually dont make the decisions they are just people who implement the ideas that the higher ups come with(creative directors, producers)

Comment

Doubt its the devs. Developers get project fatigue and at some point people get tired of looking at the same stuff and working on the same project for years on end. We are going on what 8 years now? I can guarantee you most people have been there for more than 3-4 years are ready to just get this **** over with and work on something different than what they have been working on.

Devs actually dont make the decisions they are just people who implement the ideas that the higher ups come with(creative directors, producers)
                                                                      Ok.. I agree. But let me rephrase. Wasn't CR the main dev? I meant him doing the "add more" scenario.

But I agree.. for the amount of time spend on this project is nuts. Seeing millions rolling in for creating a spaceship... why do hard work ? lol

Comment

Yep that's the one, he couldn't show the progress requested but still had the audacity to tell more BS before ranting about how hard it is to make a game, then saying it wouldn't take 10-20 more years to make the game despite this has been going on in 8-9 years already.

BTW his posts sort of confirming one thing for me though, that CR spoke about another 10 years time frame suggests that the Calders group isn't really investing like a normal investors or a publisher that put some form of contract with CIG.

Also still nothing regarding squadron 42 from CIG, which correlate with the lawsuit situation where it was on hold and would resume as soon as squadron 42 appearing in some or any capacity.

Comment

Also still nothing regarding squadron 42 from CIG, which correlate with the lawsuit situation where it was on hold and would resume as soon as squadron 42 appearing in some or any capacity.
                                                                          This is what I can't understand, he could have finished and released SQ42 years ago and made plenty more $ to finish his dream of SC. Instead we get nothing for a decade.....

Comment

Ok.. I agree. But let me rephrase. Wasn't CR the main dev? I meant him doing the "add more" scenario.

But I agree.. for the amount of time spend on this project is nuts. Seeing millions rolling in for creating a spaceship... why do hard work ? lol

No hes not the main dev. Hes more the creative director/boss and the guy everyone hates if you are a developer. Because he is the man at the top if he wakes up one day and decides there should be flying alien elephants in the game he can then force everyone to stop what they are doing and get right on that. Seems like a simple thing but you really stall the process on basically all teams.
                                                                            • Concept artists need to stop and draw and meet his expectations on what this elephant looks like
                                                                            • 3d Artists need to model it
                                                                            • Riggers need to rig the 3d model
                                                                            • Texture guys need to texture of the model
                                                                            • Developers have to implement the actual model and make it do what its supposed to do
                                                                            • Sounds guys have to go in and make sounds for it
                                                                            • QA then have to go in and look and see whats working and what isnt
                                                                            • Repeat this process 10 or so times cause CR needs everything the way he imagined
                                                                            Thats just a very quick birds eye view of what it takes to get something created in a game. A group of people who specialize at one expertise working together to get something working.

Its the main problem with CR. Forget all the money misuse and anything else. He doesnt know when to say "OK this is it, this is what we are making and from this point on there are no deviations"

Instead to keep the money rolling in hes adding more concept ships and realistic ice cubes.

No one would say a peep if one day he said "Sorry all the people who bought ships we havent made yet, but these wont be coming out till 3 years after we finish the main game but that will be done this year"

Get the main game done and then work on all that extra ****.

As Ive been saying and pretty much everyone else is that he is the problem. Even creator directors at big studios have someone over them to tell them at some point "cut all this **** out and lets ship a product by this date" CR does not have a boss to tell him to do that(he is the man) which is why development has gone on for close to a decade.

Comment

As Ive been saying and pretty much everyone else is that he is the problem. Even creator directors at big studios have someone over them to tell them at some point "cut all this **** out and lets ship a product by this date" CR does not have a boss to tell him to do that(he is the man) which is why development has gone on for close to a decade.
                                                                              100% correct, he is the problem. +rep

Comment

spot on!

Comment

spot on!

Comment

Working...
                                                                                  X