No announcement yet.

Chris Roberts Space Garage Simulator: Star Citizen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have no context as to what the issue (or issues) is with Derek Smart, but I find it interesting how people are so passionate about others they don't know directly. I've seen similar things with Ian Bell from Slightly Mad Studios and it's bizarre to say the least...

Comment

Originally posted by Napoleonic View Post
      I really wonder what did croberts do to this lettuce to make him worship croberts?
      What did Derek Smart do to you to make you worship him?
      Originally posted by David O. McKay
      The home is the first and most effective place to learn the lessons of life: truth, honor, virtue, self control, the value of education, honest work, and the purpose and privilege of life. Nothing can take the place of home in rearing and teaching children, and no other success can compensate for failure in the home.
      Originally posted by Albert Einstein
      Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.

Comment

Originally posted by acroig View Post
        Comments like this make you look like a total fanboy. Are you a game dev? No, right? Is DS a game dev? Yes, so I'll take into consideration what he has to say..

Lettuce, this is a game and not a religion, you don't have to blindly believe in it.
        If you knew the history of Derek Smart, his nearly 3 decades long of lying and his crusade against the games industry and the gaming community, you would not listen to him at all. No reasonable person would listen to him unless you are one if his devout followers and removed critical thinking from yourself.

What I see is you blindly believing Derek Smart.

I have problems with people bringing up Derek Smart garbage cause for 1 he is always wrong , and 2 he is a liar, and 3 he twists what ever he can find and then his devout followers, might as well call them cultists, drink it all up.

I don't blindly believe in SC, nor do I believe they will get everything planned for the game in , there are also stuff I wish they wouldn't do in the game.
        But it is clear that people in this thread will blindly follow Derek Smart, because they decided to get rid of critical thinking and worship him instead.
        Last edited by Eisberg; Nov 20, 2017, 01:05 PM.
        The home is the first and most effective place to learn the lessons of life: truth, honor, virtue, self control, the value of education, honest work, and the purpose and privilege of life. Nothing can take the place of home in rearing and teaching children, and no other success can compensate for failure in the home.
        Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.

Comment

Comment

It's clear by now that you didn't even read the case presented and instead just keep on the ds hating.
            What would be the point of reading his garbage? He is a known and proven liar and he twists what ever he can for his vendetta against Chris Roberts and SC.

Derek Smart has zero credibility when it comes to game development, and nearly 30 years of his garbage, lying talk proves that. But devout followers, like you, will believe anything he says.

And clearly you don't understand anything about game development and instead on keep on the SC hating.

Comment

Originally posted by nutcrackr View Post
              Pretty much sums up SC

Comment

Originally posted by Mahjik View Post
                I have no context as to what the issue (or issues) is with Derek Smart, but I find it interesting how people are so passionate about others they don't know directly. I've seen similar things with Ian Bell from Slightly Mad Studios and it's bizarre to say the least...
                Derek Smart has had a vendetta against the space sim industry and the gaming community for nearly 3 decades. It all started with his Battle Cruiser 3000ad game, where he made wild claims about the game including the game having a neural net for the AI, all of which ended up being false. He was being conscending and insulting to anyone that gave criticism to his game. Then he spent several more years trying to make his games better, even renaming it to "Universal Combat" and still failing to make any kind of good game. He would complain that people obliviously did not go through the in game tutorial. The in game tutorial included you having to print out the instructions which were around 100 pages full of condescending and insulting comments towards the very person that bought his game.

When he had forums for his own games, he would constantly ban people who criticized his games, even the people who had constructive criticism. For his Line of Defense game, which he spent $20 million on it so far, is 5 years late, has zero gameplay, he put it on Early access and then complained that people gave it a bad rating on Steam, and then proceeding to report every single bad review on Steam. And then many months later, going into the year after he released his game to Early Access, after he started his crusade against SC he tried to claim that it was "shitizen" ( a shitizen is anyone who doesn't believe Derek Smart's BS lies) that review bombed his LOD early access game, cause apparently "shitizens" can go back in time /facepalm.

He has been known to not pay his contract workers, and then threatening to make sure they never work in the industry again if they sued him for the money that he owes them.

When Roberts and Braben (maker of Elite Dangerous) were doing their Kickstarter campaigns, Derek Smart called them Dinosaurs that have no idea what it takes to make a game in these modern times. mean while his Line of Defense game is 5 years late, has zero game play, spent $20 million, has graphics from the early 2000s, and sound effects from the 1990s.

He also fought against Elite Dangerous, making claims that Elite Dangerous would not release, that it wasn't possible. He even talked about how the technology does not exist, and would not for another decade if not more, to allow for seamless transition (with no loading screens, or fake transitions that cover up the loading screen like his Universal Combat uses) between planets and space, only to be proven wrong with Elite Dangerous and even No Man's Sky.

He has made claims that he has inside sources with in CIG, yet none of his inside sources have been right about anything. Instead he just claims that CIG didn't do what he said they would do just to spite him. So now all he does is make a vague statements similar to "something is going to happen according to sources, and it is hilarious", and then he just waits for anything he can twist to come back and say "see, that is what I was talking about, my sources were right" /facepalm.

He made claims, from his "sources", that a particular office would be shut down because they were running out of money, only for it to never happen, not even decrease in employee numbers, and then he claimed they only kept it open to spite him. He made claims of mass firings or walk outs, only to claim he is right because CIG would have like a 10-15% turn over rate in a year, despite the fact that kind of turn over rate is normal for a company of that size, but he wanted to twist his vendetta.

Then he constantly complains about things being buggy or unfinished in an alpha/uncompleted game. Cause apparently in alpha versions of games, there should be no bugs and everything should be completed /facepalm.
                Then he claims that CIG are lying about the number of bugs in the game, when the real fact is the bug count they are showing are talking about bugs/issues they want to get rid of before going to the next phase of getting the next alpha build out to the public, and they never claimed it was the total number of bugs in the game currently, so Derek Smart lies and twisted that information from CIG for his own vendetta.

Any reasonable person, with decent critical thinking skills, would automatically throw anything he has to say away cause he has been a proven liar and will twist anything for his own purposes. His devout followers will believe that since he is a "game developer" that he knows what he is talking about, when in reality all Derek Smart does is twist things and make up lies and knows that some people will believe him because he is a "game developer", he is making these people into fools and they do not even realize it.

Comment

Originally posted by Eisberg View Post
                  If you knew the history of Derek Smart, his nearly 3 decades long of lying and his crusade against the games industry and the gaming community, you would not listen to him at all. No reasonable person would listen to him unless you are one if his devout followers and removed critical thinking from yourself.

What I see is you blindly believing Derek Smart.

I have problems with people bringing up Derek Smart garbage cause for 1 he is always wrong , and 2 he is a liar, and 3 he twists what ever he can find and then his devout followers, might as well call them cultists, drink it all up.

I don't blindly believe in SC, nor do I believe they will get everything planned for the game in , there are also stuff I wish they wouldn't do in the game.
                  But it is clear that people in this thread will blindly follow Derek Smart, because they decided to get rid of critical thinking and worship him instead.
                  Please don't make assumptions about me, I know full well who DS is and I have played his games.

Look in the mirror because for all the hate you throw DS's way you seem incapable of being objective to the failings with this title. It goes both ways.

Comment

Please don't make assumptions about me, I know full well who DS is and I have played his games.

Look in the mirror because for all the hate you throw DS's way you seem incapable of being objective to the failings with this title. It goes both ways.
                    Except for I haven't, there are things they are doing that I do not like, I also do not believe they will be able to get everything they have talked about in this game.

There is a huge difference between not liking things that are going on with this game vs using Derek Smart's lies and twists to show the failings of the game. You guys leave out Derek Smarts lies and twists out of the conversation, recognize the fact that the game is in alpha which means there are bugs and there are unfinished things then there would be no problem. But complaining about something not working right or being unfinished in an alpha version of a game that is still in development, all the while using Derek Smart's lies and twists really is more on the trolling side then anything truly valid.

Comment

Here is the thing lettuce

If you just read the ds link I shared, you would easily see that in that post ds ONLY use CIG OWN materials and turned it against them.

In other words it's 100% CIG own doing, ds simply pointed the fact out.

And I never need ds to know that this scam is never going to come out in any decent state and as promised, and that's all CIG own doing.

Ds in simply another ingredient in the lulzbucket full of lulz concerning the whole project....
                      I guess it's the trend nowdays with games; either you are a hardcore PC GAME, or you live long enough to see yourself become a console port

Comment

Here is the thing lettuce

If you just read the ds link I shared, you would easily see that in that post ds ONLY use CIG OWN materials and turned it against them.

In other words it's 100% CIG own doing, ds simply pointed the fact out.

And I never need ds to know that this scam is never going to come out in any decent state and as promised, and that's all CIG own doing.

Ds in simply another ingredient in the lulzbucket full of lulz concerning the whole project....

And as per the usual Derek Smart BS he'll twist what was said for his own vendetta purposes.

How about you stop the trolling, and stop the hoping the game fails, stop posting in this thread, and instead post your crud on Derek smart forums?

Or become a reasonable person, and talk about things like features you like or don't like.

Comment

And calling it a scam when there is zero proof for it is nothing more than continuing the hate and trolling.

Comment

It's just not healthy to expend that much hate to someone you don't personally know. Just ignore the people spewing things on the internet that you don't care about...

Comment

Originally posted by Eisberg View Post
                              And calling it a scam when there is zero proof for it is nothing more than continuing the hate and trolling.
                              the biggest proof has already been unveiled this year with the whole 3.0 fiasco, only croberts fanboys and cig whales that are refusing to see it.
                              I guess it's the trend nowdays with games; either you are a hardcore PC GAME, or you live long enough to see yourself become a console port

Comment

the biggest proof has already been unveiled this year with the whole 3.0 fiasco, only croberts fanboys and cig whales that are refusing to see it.
                                Some people are playing 3.0. They just can't say anything about it; however, CIG does show some 3.0 gameplay in the vids.
                                THG is to computer hardware what MTV is to music.

Comment

Originally posted by aviphysics View Post
                                  Some people are playing 3.0. They just can't say anything about it; however, CIG does show some 3.0 gameplay in the vids.
                                  1. they (NDA bound avocados, LMAO, just think, a super secret select group of testers for a game that was supposedly to be the beacon of open game development) are not playing anything close to the already massively downgraded version of THE 3.0 that was being used to parrot the ship carrots in 2016

2. you know, the jesus patch that was supposedly to come FOR ALL BACKERS in the end of 2016.

3. you know, the elusive patch that has generated a truly amazing, amusing yet utterly pathetic roller coaster ride in regard to all those ever changing schedules of bugs fixing and features implementation that left even the most devout whales scratching their heads about the transparency of the whole thing

4. you know, the elusive patch that after ONE YEAR of supposedly 'delays' that failed to demonstrate any kind of meaningful progress when they tried to 'demonstrate' it on the same event one year later for a game development project that already consumed hundreds of millions of dollars and years of development efforts across continents.

5. the elusive patch that to this day added hundreds if not thousands of new bugs that pilled up on top of the another some thousands of bugs that exist in the 2.x version of this utterly bland, boring game that devoid of any kind of complete game loops, and utterly garbage network codes among other yet to be added game features that will inevitably bring more bugs, more technical problems etc...

6. and all of this supposedly came from this group of developer that very recently hilariously admitted that they have serious problem with the sole 2 mission giver npc and they also have problems the ****ing static, utterly irrelevant in game shopkeepers!

7. and that I remind you, also came from this developer that hyped up their by now 2 years on completely missing single player game with all those holywood cast... at this point, yeah not skeptics fault if we say squadron 42 has been cancelled or needed to be redone from scratch.

8. and they are still selling virtual carrots for hundreds of ****ing dollars despite repeatedly assured us in the past that they already have all the money in the world that they needed to fninish the ****ing games.

YOU TELL ME, which one of us is the more reasonable side?

Comment

don't worry, as soon as croberts finished his hand gesture, all is going to be well.

Comment

Apparently you do not know what evidence is.
                                      So you are claiming all the work they have shown, the stuff that the Evocati's are playing right now, all the stuff they have said will be in the 3.0 when it launches, they did none of that work? The evocati's are all fake? That they are keeping 400+ people on staff to pay them to do nothing?

Seriously, must be the worse scam ever, get all kinds of money and then somehow pay 400+ people to do nothing and keep quiet about it. /facepalm
                                      talk about the stupidest idea for proof of a scam ever.

Only devout followers of Derek Smart would believe what you do.
                                      Last edited by Eisberg; Nov 20, 2017, 11:41 PM.

Comment

1. they (NDA bound avocados, LMAO, just think, a super secret select group of testers for a game that was supposedly to be the beacon of open game development) are not playing anything close to the already massively downgraded version of THE 3.0 that was being used to parrot the ship carrots in 2016

2. you know, the jesus patch that was supposedly to come FOR ALL BACKERS in the end of 2016.

3. you know, the elusive patch that has generated a truly amazing, amusing yet utterly pathetic roller coaster ride in regard to all those ever changing schedules of bugs fixing and features implementation that left even the most devout whales scratching their heads about the transparency of the whole thing

4. you know, the elusive patch that after ONE YEAR of supposedly 'delays' that failed to demonstrate any kind of meaningful progress when they tried to 'demonstrate' it on the same event one year later for a game development project that already consumed hundreds of millions of dollars and years of development efforts across continents.

5. the elusive patch that to this day added hundreds if not thousands of new bugs that pilled up on top of the another some thousands of bugs that exist in the 2.x version of this utterly bland, boring game that devoid of any kind of complete game loops, and utterly garbage network codes among other yet to be added game features that will inevitably bring more bugs, more technical problems etc...

6. and all of this supposedly came from this group of developer that very recently hilariously admitted that they have serious problem with the sole 2 mission giver npc and they also have problems the ****ing static, utterly irrelevant in game shopkeepers!

7. and that I remind you, also came from this developer that hyped up their by now 2 years on completely missing single player game with all those holywood cast... at this point, yeah not skeptics fault if we say squadron 42 has been cancelled or needed to be redone from scratch.

8. and they are still selling virtual carrots for hundreds of ****ing dollars despite repeatedly assured us in the past that they already have all the money in the world that they needed to fninish the ****ing games.

YOU TELL ME, which one of us is the more reasonable side?

When will you learn that when stuff is in alpha, lots of bugs are present and things are not done?

The best you people got is the stuff is late, taking longer than expected, and that is it, nothing else.

All you people are doing is giving reasons why developers should never talk about anything when a game is in development, cause all you ignorant people will twist it to your hearts content to use it against them. It is rather sad and sickening. And nevermind the fact that you people will outright give false information for example, while some stuff have been taken out of 3.0, many other stuff has also been added to 3.0 that was not originally planned for 3.0.

by the way, using your logic, you better tell your leader, Derek Smart, that he is committing a scam with Line of Defense.
                                        Last edited by Eisberg; Nov 20, 2017, 11:43 PM.

Comment

btw what is version 3.0? that's not the single player part is it?

Comment

After the 3.0 release, they are going to quarterly releases of what ever they have finished, so you people won't have that ammo any more of using planned features for a patch that got moved to a different version. No longer will updates be feature base, but time based, and you'll see more and more content/updates being made and you people will have less and less to twist and use against them.

Oh wait, it is a scam, no work is actually being done, they are paying 400+ people and paying for facilities around the world for people to sick on their butts and do no work at all. /facepalm

Comment

Originally posted by Dungeoncrawler View Post
                                              btw what is version 3.0? that's not the single player part is it?
                                              No. Unless Roberts changed his mind and I did not see it, but the single player will never go to alpha/beta to the backers. When they get it done they'll release it to the public, backers who paid for the SP will get it, everyone else will have to buy it.

Comment

Comment

blablablabla
                                                  1. I can pretty much guarantee I know more about SC development than you do.

2. You can look at my post history in this thread and see that I have been repeatedly critical.

3. I am just not a cynical cry-baby about it.
                                                  THG is to computer hardware what MTV is to music.

Comment

3.0 PTU coming before December 20th!!!!!! Croberts never misses a date.

Comment

3.0 PTU coming before December 20th!!!!!! Croberts never misses a date.
                                                      It has been released to PTU today.

Comment

You can buy 4km x 4km land in Star Citizen for $50 USD

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/c...Claim-Licenses

Comment

You can buy 4km x 4km land in Star Citizen for $50 USD

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/c...Claim-Licenses
                                                          Totally not a scam! Nothing to see there boys, move along

Comment

Please Note: These claim licenses are being made available for pledging to help fund Star Citizen’s development.
                                                            WTF have you guys done with all the bloody money you've already got?!?

(also, $50 for 4km*4km or $100 for 8km*8km... why would you want the 4km block when twice the money gets your 4x the space? If you are going to be dumb enough to piss more cash down this empty well you might as well piss better over all value...)

Comment

They will be selling stars next.
                                                              Member of the Glorious PC Gaming Master Race-"Doesn't any game maker know how to make a PC feeling game anymore? I hate all this console afterbirth crap we're getting lately."

Comment

So stupid...

Comment

Plots of land... lol. I skipped through the video(which is too long for me to watch through to get all the detail of what a plot of land gives you, other than a plot of land)

But it seems to be a twofold thing. One, they have to create less things on a planet since areas will be designated buy zones, essentially charging SC players to build the world for them. Two, they get money for doing nothing again

Comment

Originally posted by logical View Post
                                                                    Plots of land... lol. I skipped through the video(which is too long for me to watch through to get all the detail of what a plot of land gives you, other than a plot of land)

But it seems to be a twofold thing. One, they have to create less things on a planet since areas will be designated buy zones, essentially charging SC players to build the world for them. Two, they get money for doing nothing again
                                                                    Clearly you too are a DS lackey.

Comment

Clearly you just don't understand this revolutionary game nor have any understanding of how game development works.

Comment

Originally posted by Cynicalking View Post
                                                                        Clearly you just don't understand this revolutionary game nor have any understanding of how game development works.
                                                                        Clearly...

Comment

https://www.glassdoor.com/Reviews/Cl...E776546_P3.htm

More lulz

Comment

"A lot of the management have little to no idea what they are doing, use software development methodologies from the last century and are frankly out of their depth."

This keeps coming up.... explains what's going on there rather well.

Comment

"A lot of the management have little to no idea what they are doing, use software development methodologies from the last century and are frankly out of their depth."

This keeps coming up.... explains what's going on there rather well.
                                                                              And then you have the god emperor croberts there telling them that this pixel need to be green, period.

Comment

And then you have the god emperor croberts there telling them that this pixel need to be green, period.
                                                                                , I liked the one about the Wing Commander movie.

Comment

Wow, some of those comments really do help to explain why this thing seems like it's never going to come out.

I deal with crap similar to this at work. It's hard to be productive when you're being told what to do by people that don't know WTF they're doing.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                  X