Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just bought Iracing...

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Just bought Iracing...

    Ive been an avid fan of Nascar Racing 2003 season for years, but I finally bit the bullet and decided to give Iracing a shot. Ill post some impressions later as Im downloading it right now.

    #2
    Here are some short videos for some iRacing driving I've done:

    Some video of a multi-class racing event at Laguna Seca in iRacing using the Acura LMP (fixed setup).


    A few early laps during a multi-class racing event on iRacing using the Acura LMP (fixed setup).




    Taking the new iRacing Mustang around Mid Ohio for a lap or two..

    Comment


      #3
      So I finally bit the bullet and bought the nascar chevy impala and Talladega. I have to say that it was totally worth the money. GT5 doesnt even begin to compare to this game

      Comment


        #4
        lol GT5.. welcome to real racing.
        I quit because I can't afford to pay for tracks and cars. Too many other expenses with college etc.

        Would love to get back into it, but it's just way too pricey for me.
        Originally posted by curio
        Eat this protein bar, for it is of my body. And drink this creatine shake, for it is my blood.
        "If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by Omega53 View Post
          So I finally bit the bullet and bought the nascar chevy impala and Talladega. I have to say that it was totally worth the money. GT5 doesnt even begin to compare to this game
          should stop biting that bullet - it costs you money!

          Comment


            #6
            Which wheel are you rocking Omega?

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by FiggyG View Post
              Which wheel are you rocking Omega?
              Logitech Momo

              Comment


                #8
                i just got a new wheel.

                so is i racing really the best sim racing on pc?

                how about those simbin one
                CS:S Office Server IP: 66.151.138.37:27015



                http://sc2sig.com/s/sea/91428-1.png

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by wc326 View Post
                  i just got a new wheel.

                  so is i racing really the best sim racing on pc?

                  how about those simbin one
                  In my opinion, yes, iracing is the best Nascar sim on the pc. I own all the cars and tracks (the more you buy, the cheaper it is because you get discounts, up to 25% off when doing so, and after you own everything, you get the 25% on everything they release because you already own everything. Even built me a chair/wheel setup (Logitech G27 wheel) and with eyefinity it is a blast. I even added bass shakers to add more realism.

                  Problem is, because of work, I've only been able to race a few times in the past 6 months, but I did get to race Daytona which they just updated to the new repaved work done, on Tuesday, placing 5th. not bad since I really haven't raced in nearly a month or more.

                  The down side is they do updates every season (every 13 weeks) that tend to change how cars work/drive etc, and sometimes your previous setups don't work as well, and if you are like me, and have a hell of time setting up a car. I can drive pretty darn good, but setting a car up is just the pits. It is all for the best because they are just trying to make everything more realistic with the updates.
                  Last edited by NWR_Midnight; Feb 23, 2012, 09:52 PM.
                  I speak my mind! if you can't handle that, you might want to leave, because **** is going to get real!!

                  ~I had the right to remain silent, I just didn't have the ability. ~ Ron White
                  ~You can't fix Stupid! ~ Ron White
                  ~There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. - ~Stupid is forever. ~ Ron White
                  ~Life is a hard teacher, it gives you the test before it teaches you the lesson.
                  ~It's never to late to have a good childhood! The older you are, the better the toys! ~ My Dad
                  ~Live everyday as though it is your last, it can all end at any moment!

                  Comment


                    #10
                    got i racing 3 month plan for 12 dollars.

                    update is doing 7kbs ...........................and most of the time it say unable to connect to server..
                    CS:S Office Server IP: 66.151.138.37:27015



                    http://sc2sig.com/s/sea/91428-1.png

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by NWR_Midnight View Post
                      In my opinion, yes, iracing is the best Nascar sim on the pc. I own all the cars and tracks (the more you buy, the cheaper it is because you get discounts, up to 25% off when doing so, and after you own everything, you get the 25% on everything they release because you already own everything. Even built me a chair/wheel setup (Logitech G27 wheel) and with eyefinity it is a blast. I even added bass shakers to add more realism.

                      Problem is, because of work, I've only been able to race a few times in the past 6 months, but I did get to race Daytona which they just updated to the new repaved work done, on Tuesday, placing 5th. not bad since I really haven't raced in nearly a month or more.

                      The down side is they do updates every season (every 13 weeks) that tend to change how cars work/drive etc, and sometimes your previous setups don't work as well, and if you are like me, and have a hell of time setting up a car. I can drive pretty darn good, but setting a car up is just the pits. It is all for the best because they are just trying to make everything more realistic with the updates.

                      how does it compare to race 07. i was a huge race 07 fan back then..
                      CS:S Office Server IP: 66.151.138.37:27015



                      http://sc2sig.com/s/sea/91428-1.png

                      Comment


                        #12
                        i just found out the actual cost on all tracks and cars.. are they really asking too much for a game......
                        Last edited by wc326; Feb 23, 2012, 10:59 PM.
                        CS:S Office Server IP: 66.151.138.37:27015



                        http://sc2sig.com/s/sea/91428-1.png

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by wc326 View Post
                          so is i racing really the best sim racing on pc?
                          No... But it is the best "online multiplayer sim racing game" on the PC. There are better titles on the PC but those don't compare when it comes to online racing. iRacing is really just 'good', not 'great' when it comes to graphics and physics (i.e. not much that can't be done with rFactor o RACE07). What it excels at is creating an online community to mirror sanctioned racing series like SCCA and NASA without the big costs it takes to do real racing.

                          The main draw is basically "organized pick-up races".

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Iracing is cool, I just wouldn't go crazy buying content at this point. 2012 is shaping up to be the year of the sim racer with CARS, RF2, GTR3, and I'm sure I'm missing one here.

                            Figure out what series you want to focus on and buy that content. Joining the 100% club is kinda crazy right now with so many other things on the horizon.

                            Comment


                              #15
                              i rather play gtr, or race simbin game over this.

                              11 us for a car, 14 for a track..... this is crazy.

                              i would have to pay over 400-500 us dollars to get everything..

                              why not just play other sim.. damn
                              CS:S Office Server IP: 66.151.138.37:27015



                              http://sc2sig.com/s/sea/91428-1.png

                              Comment


                                #16
                                Originally posted by wc326 View Post
                                why not just play other sim.. damn
                                Once you begin racing online, you'll figure out why....

                                Comment


                                  #17
                                  anyone up for a race.. mazada race
                                  CS:S Office Server IP: 66.151.138.37:27015



                                  http://sc2sig.com/s/sea/91428-1.png

                                  Comment


                                    #18
                                    Originally posted by wc326 View Post
                                    anyone up for a race.. mazada race
                                    I think you are missing the point of iRacing when you are asking on a forum if anyone wants to race. The whole point of iRacing is to be able to race just about whenever you want. Your timezone will throw a little kink in that, but just get out there and start racing so you can move up out of the Rookie class. The Rookie races are the worst as your iRating is low which means all the wreckers are in your races. As your iRating improves, so does the competition in your race split which makes for better/cleaner races.

                                    Comment


                                      #19
                                      Whos hosting im in

                                      Comment


                                        #20
                                        how do you get 1.01+ sec on mazada cup with mazada mx-5

                                        i fastest i can ge tis 1.02+ sec.
                                        CS:S Office Server IP: 66.151.138.37:27015



                                        http://sc2sig.com/s/sea/91428-1.png

                                        Comment


                                          #21
                                          If I had a wheel and pedals I'd be in to this one... but alas, with the mighty XBox controller I'll stick with NFS: Shift.


                                          But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that you should show forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light.
                                          1 Peter 2:9

                                          Originally posted by Vengeance
                                          :heart: I took a few weeks off, but Rage is like a home away from home.

                                          Comment


                                            #22
                                            Originally posted by wc326 View Post
                                            how do you get 1.01+ sec on mazada cup with mazada mx-5

                                            i fastest i can ge tis 1.02+ sec.
                                            just keep practicing. try different lines, try watching faster drivers and see what their lines are.
                                            Steam

                                            Comment


                                              #23
                                              So here is my stat line for the year so far. I just recently got a Logitech Driving Force GT. I was racing with a PS3 controller at the start of the year

                                              Year : 2012
                                              Category: Oval
                                              Starts: 28
                                              Wins: 3
                                              Top 5: 13
                                              Poles: 0
                                              Avg Start: 8
                                              Avg Finish: 7
                                              Total Laps: 958
                                              Laps Led: 200
                                              Win %: 10.71%
                                              Laps Led %: 20.23%

                                              Comment


                                                #24
                                                Don't worry, it gets tougher (and better) as your iRating increases. You'll be put in the higher splits with the faster drivers. I saw your other race link in the other thread and it was the lowest split. Not knocking you as a win is a win, but just remember that the higher splits have the faster drivers.

                                                Comment


                                                  #25
                                                  Originally posted by Mahjik View Post
                                                  Don't worry, it gets tougher (and better) as your iRating increases. You'll be put in the higher splits with the faster drivers. I saw your other race link in the other thread and it was the lowest split. Not knocking you as a win is a win, but just remember that the higher splits have the faster drivers.
                                                  But also you have to realize that means I won the race with the worst drivers on Iracing... I was lucky to finish the race let alone win

                                                  Comment


                                                    #26
                                                    LOL that's true.
                                                    I started off with Oval and then moved to Road racing. Found much better drivers and more courtesy, to be honest.

                                                    I got tired of running the Late Models.. coming into the last turn with 10 laps to go and the guy in 2nd place nudging me into a wall and wrecking my race. Even at the higher splits you have some ruthless drivers who will do whatever it takes for a win.

                                                    I'm so tempted to throw a month on and get back in my Mustang FR500 but holy **** I would have to pay for tracks.
                                                    Originally posted by curio
                                                    Eat this protein bar, for it is of my body. And drink this creatine shake, for it is my blood.
                                                    "If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe

                                                    Comment


                                                      #27
                                                      Originally posted by Omega53 View Post
                                                      But also you have to realize that means I won the race with the worst drivers on Iracing... I was lucky to finish the race let alone win
                                                      That is definitely a good way to look at it.

                                                      Comment


                                                        #28
                                                        Originally posted by Omega53 View Post
                                                        But also you have to realize that means I won the race with the worst drivers on Iracing... I was lucky to finish the race let alone win
                                                        yea, but in your stats you fail to show us your safety rating. you might be a great driver and winning, or you might be taking out the competition and winning.. LOL :P
                                                        I speak my mind! if you can't handle that, you might want to leave, because **** is going to get real!!

                                                        ~I had the right to remain silent, I just didn't have the ability. ~ Ron White
                                                        ~You can't fix Stupid! ~ Ron White
                                                        ~There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. - ~Stupid is forever. ~ Ron White
                                                        ~Life is a hard teacher, it gives you the test before it teaches you the lesson.
                                                        ~It's never to late to have a good childhood! The older you are, the better the toys! ~ My Dad
                                                        ~Live everyday as though it is your last, it can all end at any moment!

                                                        Comment


                                                          #29
                                                          Just bought Iracing...
                                                          No- you just rented iracing. You have online-only access as long as you keep paying. I stick with other sim racing because I just plain can't afford iracing. It'd cost me $600 for a full year of racing.

                                                          Comment


                                                            #30
                                                            Originally posted by Guybo View Post
                                                            No- you just rented iracing. You have online-only access as long as you keep paying. I stick with other sim racing because I just plain can't afford iracing. It'd cost me $600 for a full year of racing.
                                                            You only purchase the cars/tracks once. The only reoccurring costs is the service itself. So if you try to buy everything out of the box and spend $600, the next year you don't spend $600 again, you spend around $100 which is the 'service' and not again for the 'content' you have already purchased.

                                                            However, if you focused on one or two series, it won't cost $600 for your first year. I own most of the road racing content and I haven't spent $600 on just content itself. If you actually use the system and race a lot, you earn credits back and could basically cut your service cost per year by about 20-50%.

                                                            Comment


                                                              #31
                                                              Originally posted by Mahjik View Post
                                                              You only purchase the cars/tracks once. The only reoccurring costs is the service itself. So if you try to buy everything out of the box and spend $600, the next year you don't spend $600 again, you spend around $100 which is the 'service' and not again for the 'content' you have already purchased.

                                                              However, if you focused on one or two series, it won't cost $600 for your first year. I own most of the road racing content and I haven't spent $600 on just content itself. If you actually use the system and race a lot, you earn credits back and could basically cut your service cost per year by about 20-50%.
                                                              He's right. When you join iracing you really need to focus only 1 series at a time. Maybe do 1 oval series and 1 road series, jumping car to car will be of zero benefit. Plus what's the point in buying all the content b4 you're eligible to race it. Also Iracing has run the $49 for yearly sub twice now.

                                                              Edit: Iracing is alot more affordable now than when I first joined up.

                                                              $99 yearly sub and they didn't run any promotions. No participation credits.

                                                              Each car was $15 I believe, now they are $11.95

                                                              Alot of the tracks were $25, now they are $15

                                                              You also save money by ordering in bulk.

                                                              I figure $150ish would get you going for the first year. I know that sounds crazy but an MMO is gonna cost you $215 for the first year so it's all about perspective.
                                                              Last edited by hogfish2k; Mar 1, 2012, 08:51 AM.

                                                              Comment


                                                                #32
                                                                Would 2 560ti's in sli be enough to power 3 1080p monitors on this game with gfx maxed?

                                                                Comment


                                                                  #33
                                                                  Originally posted by Omega53 View Post
                                                                  Would 2 560ti's in sli be enough to power 3 1080p monitors on this game with gfx maxed?
                                                                  Yes. iRacing is really not that graphically intense...

                                                                  Comment


                                                                    #34
                                                                    Originally posted by Omega53 View Post
                                                                    Would 2 560ti's in sli be enough to power 3 1080p monitors on this game with gfx maxed?
                                                                    Originally posted by Mahjik View Post
                                                                    Yes. iRacing is really not that graphically intense...


                                                                    Not in my opinion with graphics maxed. The shadows will kill you and they are redoing the shaders on all the tracks. Another big pop will be if you do any multiple class racing.

                                                                    The core game code still has remnants of Grand Prix Legends and NASCAR 4 in it. They're doing the best they can but the code isn't really optimized at all for today's hardware.

                                                                    I got 470's in SLi and only 1 monitor at 1050, with everything maxed, I get anywhere from 50 all the way to 200, depending on track, car(s), number of users etc. Turn off most of the shadows and I never drop below 90 anywhere.


                                                                    Edit: Also, the new 301 nVidia drivers are destroying performance on people, stay away from those for now.
                                                                    Last edited by AdelphiaX; May 25, 2012, 06:25 AM.
                                                                    I was banned from P&R because I refer to it as an echo chamber.

                                                                    Echo Chamber - "an environment in which a person encounters only beliefs or opinions that coincide with their own, so that their existing views are reinforced and alternative ideas are not considered."

                                                                    This is considered trolling and a personal attack according to Curio. FYI in case you decide to step in there. I wonder if the definition of irony is known...

                                                                    Comment


                                                                      #35
                                                                      Originally posted by AdelphiaX View Post
                                                                      Not in my opinion with graphics maxed.
                                                                      I guess that is relative.... Compared to new WIP games like pCARS, iRacing is not that demanding. The two biggest resource hogs are shadows and mirrors.

                                                                      Comment


                                                                        #36
                                                                        Originally posted by Mahjik View Post
                                                                        I guess that is relative.... Compared to new WIP games like pCARS, iRacing is not that demanding. The two biggest resource hogs are shadows and mirrors.

                                                                        You wouldn't think it's demanding but because of other items I wrote about, it takes increased horsepower due to it's optimization problems.


                                                                        Edit: Like, I'll play the Witcher 2, Battlefield's, SS3, etc. and the frames I get there with those graphics and then goto iRacing and be like... WTF?
                                                                        Last edited by AdelphiaX; May 25, 2012, 08:40 AM.
                                                                        I was banned from P&R because I refer to it as an echo chamber.

                                                                        Echo Chamber - "an environment in which a person encounters only beliefs or opinions that coincide with their own, so that their existing views are reinforced and alternative ideas are not considered."

                                                                        This is considered trolling and a personal attack according to Curio. FYI in case you decide to step in there. I wonder if the definition of irony is known...

                                                                        Comment


                                                                          #37
                                                                          Not to mention some of the tracks are just poorly optimized in Iracing, Suzuka being the worst offender for me.

                                                                          I run a 5870 in Eyefinity, 5760x1080 with everything maxed but shadows turned on minium. Most tracks I'm well over 150 fps. But again some corners at certain tracks just bomb. I've been hoping they would fix it or at least give us the option to run custom graphx settings for each track. It's such a pain to keep switching it around

                                                                          Comment


                                                                            #38
                                                                            Originally posted by AdelphiaX View Post
                                                                            You wouldn't think it's demanding but because of other items I wrote about, it takes increased horsepower due to it's optimization problems.
                                                                            Been an iRacing member since it opened to the public, so I'm well aware of it's performance. I also have played over the years all other sims aside from LFS (only played it when it first came out, so never tried it since I moved to a 3 monitor setup). With that, iRacing still doesn't demand a lot of resources compared to other games. The fact that people can even achieve 150 fps with 3 monitors at any point demonstrates that. You won't come close to 150 fps even with one car running the WIP games like pCARS or rFactor 2.

                                                                            Also, you can't compare racing games to shooters. Racing games utilize complex physics processing which has a direct correlation to you overall/graphic performance.

                                                                            Comment


                                                                              #39
                                                                              Originally posted by Mahjik View Post
                                                                              Been an iRacing member since it opened to the public, so I'm well aware of it's performance.
                                                                              Gotcha beat

                                                                              I also have played over the years all other sims aside from LFS (only played it when it first came out, so never tried it since I moved to a 3 monitor setup). With that, iRacing still doesn't demand a lot of resources compared to other games. The fact that people can even achieve 150 fps with 3 monitors at any point demonstrates that. You won't come close to 150 fps even with one car running the WIP games like pCARS or rFactor 2.

                                                                              Also, you can't compare racing games to shooters. Racing games utilize complex physics processing which has a direct correlation to you overall/graphic performance.
                                                                              You're not understanding what I'm writing.
                                                                              I was banned from P&R because I refer to it as an echo chamber.

                                                                              Echo Chamber - "an environment in which a person encounters only beliefs or opinions that coincide with their own, so that their existing views are reinforced and alternative ideas are not considered."

                                                                              This is considered trolling and a personal attack according to Curio. FYI in case you decide to step in there. I wonder if the definition of irony is known...

                                                                              Comment


                                                                                #40
                                                                                One night when you guys are all available, Ill rent a server for us to all race on if you guys are up for it.

                                                                                Comment

                                                                                Working...
                                                                                X