Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

That daily game progress thread...

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by MNB4800 View Post
    Started FFXV. So far a better experience than XII and XIII. Still in early areas and enjoying the simple stuff.

    Also, as usual, more DBFZ!
    OO, thats something i like hearing. Though i did ultimately enjoy 12 and we did get lightning returns because of ff13, im still glad to hear its better than those 2
    Never put off tomorrow what you can put off today!

    Comment


      Finished ACO CotP.

      Comment


        Put The Witcher 3 on hold yet again.

        Completed The Darkness 2 and spec ops the line.

        Purchased Far Cry 3 and will restart The Witcher 3 again. I'm 75% through the main story which I will then probably put on hold after completing it for some Far Cry 3.

        Comment


          Finished MvC I.

          Comment


            Finished Spec Ops the line - Gameplay was extremly meh today. Story was.. okay.

            Finished The Darkness 2 - I actually enjoyed this game! The powers were fun, but the game felt a bit short.

            Playing through L.A. Noire now.
            ASUS PG279Q | ASUS Strix GTX 1080 Ti OC 2025MHz/12.2GHz | Intel i7 3770K 4.7GHz [Noctua NH-U12P SE2] | 2x8GB G.Skill TridentX DDR3-2400 10-12-12-31-1T | Fractal Design R4 | Be Quiet! Straight Power CM E9 580W | ASUS Maximus V Gene | SteelSeries Rival 310 | Qpad MK-50 | Sennheiser HD-555 | SupremeFX III | Samsung 850 Evo 250GB + 840 Evo 250GB | WD Caviar Black 1TB | Windows 10 Professional

            iPhone 8 Plus

            Comment


              So, took a break from Nioh and played through and beat Ratchet and Clank (PS4 remake) Wasn't too bad. Could tell it was a remake of an older game due to the smallish levels, but looked great. Kinda wish 3d collection platformers would come back.

              Came back to Nioh today. Ran through the caves level again to get familiarity up with some weapons and familiarize myself with the controls. Used a spear this time and took out that flying cave leech Hino Enma on my first try back. Felt good. Almost miffed it as when she was flying I tried to hit her with my bow and wound out losing pretty much all my health. Shoulda just stuck with dodging. Waited to use my living weapon until I had her at about half health then pretty much wrecked her. Helped that I managed to drain her Ki right at the end as well, so she went right back to the ground.
              “On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid
              the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all
              that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it’s
              the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!”

              YellowBeard says, "Fold ya scurvy b*st*rds!"

              Comment


                Still working on Max Payne 3. Its combat isn't designed very well, I think. Lots of occasions where enemy soldiers appear, and there's little to no time to respond. Situations where you get shot, but couldn't have foreseen the angle and can't even see the enemy. It's bad game design to just kill the player, and leads to replaying sections knowing where the enemies spawn.

                Not that I'm not enjoying myself, just that it's clear this wasn't the best shooter ever.
                May the Yods be silent

                Comment


                  Working my way back through Witcher 3 so I can level enough for the dlc.

                  Also doing another Dark Souls 3 build just because, when I can get the game to load.

                  Both are stellar looking games with the new hardware, really getting a kick out of the visuals alone.

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by twonha View Post
                    Still working on Max Payne 3. Its combat isn't designed very well, I think. Lots of occasions where enemy soldiers appear, and there's little to no time to respond. Situations where you get shot, but couldn't have foreseen the angle and can't even see the enemy. It's bad game design to just kill the player, and leads to replaying sections knowing where the enemies spawn.

                    Not that I'm not enjoying myself, just that it's clear this wasn't the best shooter ever.
                    Ironically, not why most people didn't like the game (if they enjoyed the first two games. i am sure new players to the game series probably felt like you do)
                    Never put off tomorrow what you can put off today!

                    Comment


                      Well, I finally put Nioh down for the night. Finished up the next mission as well and mopping up the subquests in the first Area. There's a boat icon so I'm assuming I should probably do everything I can before moving on. Still need to go into that last missions spot and find my last Kodama. Thought I was looking pretty well for the bugger, but I must have missed him somewhere.


                      Have one last sub mission left and holy **** is that duel unbalanced. I'd ****ing love it if the game actually had him fight by the same rules you do, but nope. Any block and he drains your ki or he just straight up murders you in one combo that if he catches you you can't do anything about. Not to mention his infinite Ki and infinite Onmyo magic. God damn does Team Ninja know how to suck the fun out of a game.
                      Last edited by YellowBeard; Apr 9, 2018, 10:59 AM.
                      “On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid
                      the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all
                      that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it’s
                      the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!”

                      YellowBeard says, "Fold ya scurvy b*st*rds!"

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by theshadowcult View Post
                        Ironically, not why most people didn't like the game (if they enjoyed the first two games. i am sure new players to the game series probably felt like you do)
                        Mind: I'm not new to the series, it's just that it's been, what, 14 years since Max Payne 2. So the tradition of two games from the early 2000s has faded a bit. The tone is not overly consistent with the originals, the cutscenes are different, but "different" isn't necessarily a problem.

                        I think way back then, a lot of people would've forgiven MP3 its deviances, if the core gameplay loop had been a little tighter. As it stands, for as far as I'm concerned MP3 goes into the same box as Halo post-Bungie, or Call of Duty post-Infinity Ward. Still decent games, though different from the predecessors, and not on the same quality level.
                        May the Yods be silent

                        Comment


                          I dont think so. The majority of players seemed to like the gameplay. It was the cutscenes that were the problem, both in their execution and the lack of graphic novel/comic style scenes.
                          Never put off tomorrow what you can put off today!

                          Comment


                            Not me though. I didn't like any aspect of Max Payne 3. From what I can remember it didn't even have quicksave and that really ruins it for me. The bullettime is really tedious and feel half-assed compared to the predecessor. I still remember on second playthrough after I get all golden gun parts I quickly uninstall the game.

                            Back on topic. Finished F.E.A.R and continued with Extraction Point.

                            Also continued playing GTAIII. This game is very quirky compared to San Andreas (car handling very twitchy and very prone to get upside down). Still its very nostalgic. I feel like teenager again when playing this game while listening to the in-game radio and music.
                            Originally posted by jimjobob
                            If 3 fans left the station at 10:30am cooling at a temp of 63c and one fan was derailed by a stray sata cable on the track, how long would it take all 3 fans to get on Seyiji's last nerve?

                            (a) Mmmm donuts
                            (b) 70c
                            (c) Hey there muscly arms, why the long face?
                            (d) Must use fire.

                            Comment


                              replaying doom, completing everything sp side with my new gc. woohoo! and dev needs to do sp like this, ****in awesome shooter. really a lot of love and passion id put on this game.
                              I'm no fanboy. Never was. Never will be.

                              Comment


                                Been playin Mad Max, Borderlands 2 GOTY and PUBG Mobile

                                Comment


                                  The Witcher 3 base game is now complete. Will put on hold for some far cry 3

                                  Comment


                                    Originally posted by Megaman View Post
                                    The Witcher 3 base game is now complete. Will put on hold for some far cry 3
                                    I suggest you complete heart of stone BEFORE you have a break. It is mostly like an extra chapter of the base game with a story that is unrelated to it. If you have a break and then come back it will just feel meh, so finish it now while still on that high. Then have a break and come back to the second expansion so fresh and so clean clean.
                                    Never put off tomorrow what you can put off today!

                                    Comment


                                      Advice taken. Far cry on hold.

                                      Comment


                                        Max Payne 3: done and dusted! Some of the gameplay design is ridiculous: silly difficulty spikes, odd enemy placement, shootouts that don't at all favor the gameplay... Most of it is reasonable to good, but Max Payne 3 rarely makes you feel like a bad ass ex cop on a murderous rampage. The first two games definitely shone bright despite their film noir setting, and Max Payne 3 is a polar opposite. Good enough to finish, but I'm glad the game lasted ten hours, not twenty.

                                        But hey, a free game is a free game! Thanks Higgy!
                                        May the Yods be silent

                                        Comment


                                          Replayed some of doom (2016) for about 20 minutes. I was not bored, so that’s progress on my I’m bored with gaming funk.

                                          I think God of War on the PS4 is going to pull me out for real though.

                                          Comment


                                            Originally posted by twonha View Post
                                            Max Payne 3: done and dusted! Some of the gameplay design is ridiculous: silly difficulty spikes, odd enemy placement, shootouts that don't at all favor the gameplay... Most of it is reasonable to good, but Max Payne 3 rarely makes you feel like a bad ass ex cop on a murderous rampage. The first two games definitely shone bright despite their film noir setting, and Max Payne 3 is a polar opposite. Good enough to finish, but I'm glad the game lasted ten hours, not twenty.

                                            But hey, a free game is a free game! Thanks Higgy!
                                            Max Payne 3 was a good game. I enjoyed it. Couldn’t care less about cut scenes and all the other crap people bitched about.

                                            Comment


                                              Finished Far Cry 5....fun, dumb game.
                                              Waiting on God of War now.

                                              Comment


                                                Still plugging away at Nioh. Think I'm just starting region 5 now? Just finished some tower with purple mind controlling crystals as the capstone for the region I just finished main quests in. Still have a couple side quests to polish off.

                                                Going Tonfa / Onmyo magic with a side of dual swords just cause they can piggyback with my points into Skill. Haven't really put any Samurai points into anything but Tonfa though so I still got wiggle room for the second weapon mastery. Need to find another weapon with a fun move set. Dual swords is kinda boring. Also, kind of a fan of the Sloth magic, but not for just the OP as hell aspects. It's good to use just to slow down bosses/mobs so you can better see patterns / where to stand. It's a really good learning tool.

                                                Although I gotta say, even though I really dig the Tonfa as it's punishing as hell, it's also kinda boring cause right now there's a total of like... 4 different types while there's a bajillion swords. Also, it made those Warrior duels super hard cause I had no movesets in any of the wooden weapons they gave me to fight the dude.
                                                “On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid
                                                the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all
                                                that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it’s
                                                the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!”

                                                YellowBeard says, "Fold ya scurvy b*st*rds!"

                                                Comment


                                                  Still playing GTAIII from time to time but not in a hurry to finish it. I tried to play all side phonebooth mission and collecting hidden packages.

                                                  Started playing Far Cry 5. This game is more open than previous games. But the respawning enemies are tedious e.g just finishing a bunch of loonies and freeing captives from a van and out of the blue technicals comes around shooting at civilian that driving away from them. Can't even stop more than few moments in one place before another one shows up.
                                                  Originally posted by jimjobob
                                                  If 3 fans left the station at 10:30am cooling at a temp of 63c and one fan was derailed by a stray sata cable on the track, how long would it take all 3 fans to get on Seyiji's last nerve?

                                                  (a) Mmmm donuts
                                                  (b) 70c
                                                  (c) Hey there muscly arms, why the long face?
                                                  (d) Must use fire.

                                                  Comment


                                                    Still playing Dark Souls 3, just because I never beat it on NG+ before, and I want to level high enough to break the game. Just because...no good reason.

                                                    Comment


                                                      More God of War.
                                                      A bit of Farcry 5 but usually turn it off before half hour is over.

                                                      Comment


                                                        Started The Evil Within 2. The game starts weird but has shifted to an semi open world style with side stuff. I am honestly enjoying it. Still early so hopefully gonna go through some condensed sections which I usually like about this genre.

                                                        On PS4 playing The Last Guardian. It is a better Rime...


                                                        Originally posted by Megaman View Post
                                                        Max Payne 3 was a good game. I enjoyed it. Couldn’t care less about cut scenes and all the other crap people bitched about.
                                                        Same here, I enjoyed Max Payne 3. It was great in it's own way. Though it didn't match up to 1 and 2.
                                                        *Sending A Dream Into the Universe*
                                                        Steam ID: Vayne4800, Origin: Vayne4800, Battletag: Vayne#2528

                                                        Comment


                                                          Done the Witcher 3 heart of stones. Moving on to far cry 3. Not sure if I should spend the time on this one or just do the main quests.

                                                          Comment


                                                            Originally posted by Megaman View Post
                                                            Done the Witcher 3 heart of stones. Moving on to far cry 3. Not sure if I should spend the time on this one or just do the main quests.
                                                            It was fairly enjoyable exploring at the time of release, but you may feel different given games you have played snce then. Especially coming off of witcher 3. There isn't really a lot to "find" though, just things to "do".
                                                            Never put off tomorrow what you can put off today!

                                                            Comment


                                                              I have knocked off 8 main missions thus far. Feels like it may be a quick one on this. I might just sink in the side quests too if it doesn’t drag on.

                                                              Comment


                                                                Originally posted by Megaman View Post
                                                                I have knocked off 8 main missions thus far. Feels like it may be a quick one on this. I might just sink in the side quests too if it doesn’t drag on.
                                                                It's longer than it looks, but i did all side missions too.
                                                                UNfortuneately ubisoft doesnt track play time, so i cant tell you how long, but it was a long game.
                                                                Never put off tomorrow what you can put off today!

                                                                Comment


                                                                  Originally posted by theshadowcult View Post
                                                                  It's longer than it looks, but i did all side missions too.
                                                                  UNfortuneately ubisoft doesnt track play time, so i cant tell you how long, but it was a long game.
                                                                  Still feels short. Done 14 main quests in what feels like 2 hours. Perhaps I’m enjoying it?

                                                                  Well I think I am actually. Unlocked 8 radio towers done 2 side quests as well as a number of medical runs. I had a bear take out an entire camp on its own whilst I was trapped in a hut surrounded by soldiers. Best thing I have seen in a long time.


                                                                  It’s a fun game so I think I might put some hours in it.

                                                                  Comment


                                                                    FC 3 done, which also includes side quests and hunter quests. Good game, enjoyed. Was one of those games which I couldn't put down for some reason.

                                                                    Going to mod GTA V now and fall in love with the beauty!

                                                                    Comment


                                                                      Originally posted by Megaman View Post
                                                                      FC 3 done, which also includes side quests and hunter quests. Good game, enjoyed. Was one of those games which I couldn't put down for some reason.

                                                                      Going to mod GTA V now and fall in love with the beauty!
                                                                      What did you think of the ending? Did you try both choices?
                                                                      Never put off tomorrow what you can put off today!

                                                                      Comment


                                                                        Still playing God of War. 10/10.

                                                                        Comment


                                                                          Played a bit of "My time at Portia". Surprisingly well done lil game. Wife played the demo and bought the game on the same day. It's a bit like Stardew mixed with Zelda and Harvest Moon.

                                                                          Also tried "Yonder: The Cloud Catcher Chronicles", while this one looks super-cute i was surprised how empty it felt. After the initial (good) Impression there sadly wasn't much to see or to do just a few hours in. It felt much more like an very early kickstarter-project instead of an complete product. Funny enough it was the other way around with Portia. Graphicwise it reminded me a LOT of the latest Zelda which is a good thing (sadly i hated the main char design). I really wished it wasn't that boring.


                                                                          ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

                                                                          "Time is the school in which we learn, Time is the fire in which we burn. *Delmore Schwartz*


                                                                          ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

                                                                          Comment


                                                                            Originally posted by theshadowcult View Post
                                                                            What did you think of the ending? Did you try both choices?
                                                                            I like the story and the ending was good too. I went with the save the friends ending. Is the second worth YouTubing? I’ve in-installed it.

                                                                            Comment


                                                                              Originally posted by Megaman View Post
                                                                              I like the story and the ending was good too. I went with the save the friends ending. Is the second worth YouTubing? I’ve in-installed it.
                                                                              No, if you enjoyed far cry 3 as is, leave it and go onto something else. It's not often you can enjoy something like that these days
                                                                              Never put off tomorrow what you can put off today!

                                                                              Comment


                                                                                Originally posted by theshadowcult View Post
                                                                                No, if you enjoyed far cry 3 as is, leave it and go onto something else. It's not often you can enjoy something like that these days
                                                                                Does it tie in with FC4?

                                                                                Is FC4 any good while we are here? Might wish list it.

                                                                                Comment


                                                                                  I hit max light on my Destiny 2 titan, and did the raids. I still have one light level to go on my warlock and hunter.

                                                                                  DLC comes out 5/8, so I get to start all over.

                                                                                  Comment

                                                                                  Working...
                                                                                  X