Borderlands

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sandorski View Post
    Yup. Found a Utility that did it, along with options to turn off videos and do the Keybind I wanted.
    Playthrough the game twice, with the same character then do the DLC, that way its much harder as it scales the game to your level, otherwise your so OP that it makes the game boring.

Comment

want some co-op action? I could use a change of pace from BF3
      However, I am in the extreme minority, and I understand that there is something fundamentally wrong with me

Comment

Borderlands hasn't been on my radar for some reason.

Just bought GOTY for $14.99 on Steam. I hope it's good.

Comment

How do I enable anti-aliasing in Borderlands ?
          Quick Google search tells me to install nHancer. Is this the only way ?

Comment

Originally posted by PowerK View Post
            How do I enable anti-aliasing in Borderlands ?
            Quick Google search tells me to install nHancer. Is this the only way ?
            Can you enforce it through Game Profiles with Nvidia control panel.

And yes its a awesome game. Ive put 400hrs into it according to steam.

Comment

Originally posted by FMT View Post
              Can you enforce it through Game Profiles with Nvidia control panel.

And yes its a awesome game. Ive put 400hrs into it according to steam.
              Great. Forcing it through nVIDIA control panel works. Thank you.

Comment

I'm having a blast with this game these days! (can't believe I missed it in 2009/2010)

Reached level 31 today in Old Haven. (I think it's almost end of Playthrough 1) Still have Playthrough 2 and DLCs to go.

Comment

Try and find someone to play it with too. I think the fun increases with more players. Me and 3 friends beat the original campaign in one go and it was infinitely more fun then playing myself, or even with just one other person. The game scales accordingly to how many people are playing.
                  Perky McGiggles
                  And he sayeth unto Perky, the numbers 2, 5, and/or 7 are an
                  abomination and should never be used in an internet forum
                  name, so sayeth the Lord.
                  - Penguins 22, chapter 3, verse 8

Comment

Earlier in the thread I posted a "Fix" for some things. I was enjoying the game with the Fix, but after Saving/Quitting it reverted things back and now the Fix doesn't work. After trying numerous things I have shelved the game until some time in the future.

Comment

Earlier in the thread I posted a "Fix" for some things. I was enjoying the game with the Fix, but after Saving/Quitting it reverted things back and now the Fix doesn't work. After trying numerous things I have shelved the game until some time in the future.
                      Is this the Vsync issue?

Cause thats only a line in the config to change if the utility didn't do it for you. Cause Vsync works for me even after I quit and load it up again.

Comment

Originally posted by FMT View Post
                        Is this the Vsync issue?

Cause thats only a line in the config to change if the utility didn't do it for you. Cause Vsync works for me even after I quit and load it up again.
                        No, it's ToggleAim.

Comment

Yeah I remember Borderlands ini edits being really fickle. I really wish Gearbox would have released another patch or two with proper fixes for things such as toggling and FOV in the options menu. Changes that would stick whether or not you quit the game, or if you got in the buggy to drive around.

I hope Borderlands 2 will be better, but I doubt it.
                          Perky McGiggles
                          And he sayeth unto Perky, the numbers 2, 5, and/or 7 are an
                          abomination and should never be used in an internet forum
                          name, so sayeth the Lord.
                          - Penguins 22, chapter 3, verse 8

Comment

No, it's ToggleAim.
                            Whats toggle aim... and why would you want it? lol Aim cheat?

Comment

when you aim thru the scope it stays untill you press it again, without toggle you have to hold the button to keep the scope up

Comment

Personally, I don't have any problems with toggle aim thing. Isn't Battlefield3 like that, too ? (or does BF3 have option for toggle aim?)

As for FOV, yes. It's too small for my liking.

Anyway, I can't wait for Borderlands 2 this year. It is now one of my most anticipated game of 2012. (Surprised there's no discussion thread about Borderlands 2 yet)

Comment

Personally, I don't have any problems with toggle aim thing. Isn't Battlefield3 like that, too ? (or does BF3 have option for toggle aim?)

Anyway, I can't wait for Borderlands 2 this year. It is now one of my most anticipated game of 2012. (Surprised there's no discussion thread about Borderlands 2 yet)
                                  There has been. There just isn't much to talk about it yet.
                                  Never put off tomorrow what you can put off today!

Comment

Finished Playthrough 1 and moved onto Knoxx DLC. and finished over the weekend. Started Claptrap Robot Revolution DLC. And I'm over-leveled.

My character is lvl 43 and enemies in Claptrap DLC is at the same level as in Knoxx (lvl 37~40)

I haven't even started Playthrough 2 yet. And because I am over-leveled, quests became too easy. I predict Playthough 2 is going to be boring.

Originally posted by H001iGAN View Post
                                    when you aim thru the scope it stays untill you press it again, without toggle you have to hold the button to keep the scope up
                                    I just saw this post in Steam Borderlands forum.
                                    Borderlands Advanced Settings Tool

A screenshot of the tool. (I see a option make zoom togglable)

Comment

Just started playing this game, and I found a moderate problem...

I play using keyboard/mouse. No problem. Except with vehicles. When on foot, I use the default mappings, which map A and D to strafe left/right. Perfect. But when I'm driving a vehicle, A and D no longer work - I have to manually map them to "Turn left/right." Then I can drive.

And when I get out of the vehicle, my keys are borked again until I remap A and D back to strafe. This is a problematic workaround, since getting out of a flaming car into a combat situation means almost-certain death, since I have to start remapping my keys.

I found threads on other forums where people discuss the problem, and failed attempts to solve it. Anyone here know if a real solution was found?
                                      "The history of intellectual progress is written in the lives of infidels."

- Robert Ingersoll (1833 - 1899)

Comment

Originally posted by Djinn View Post

I play using keyboard/mouse. No problem. Except with vehicles. When on foot, I use the default mappings, which map A and D to strafe left/right. Perfect. But when I'm driving a vehicle, A and D no longer work - I have to manually map them to "Turn left/right." Then I can drive.

And when I get out of the vehicle, my keys are borked again until I remap A and D back to strafe. This is a problematic workaround, since getting out of a flaming car into a combat situation means almost-certain death, since I have to start remapping my keys.

I found threads on other forums where people discuss the problem, and failed attempts to solve it. Anyone here know if a real solution was found?
                                        Recognize that vehicle turning is based on mouse look and go with it? I mean, it's not really a difficult concept, it's how movementworks normally. All vehicle turn does is move the mouse look. That's just more confusing than how it works honestly.

Comment

I haven't even started Playthrough 2 yet. And because I am over-leveled, quests became too easy. I predict Playthough 2 is going to be boring.
                                          this is why i stopped playing borderlands after playthorugh 1. very early in the game you outlevel everything in your vicinity unless you skip a ton of quests. and then the game is a constant one shot kill bore fest. only the knoxx DLC was moderately challenging on the first playthrough.

and the devs locked everything out. there is enemy number scaling based on players and a console command for it,but it only works when your playing with somoene else. if you're solo, you can't force the game into thinking theres 2-4 of you. this same exact cvar is what made diablo 2 fun on repeated playthroughs, so I dunno why they decided to not include something similar here.

Comment

Game has Keymapping issues.

Comment

Game has Keymapping issues.
                                              No, it doesn't. You guys just have no idea how the, apparently, overintuitive vehicle control works in the game.

Comment

Originally posted by GanjaStar View Post
                                                this is why i stopped playing borderlands after playthorugh 1. very early in the game you outlevel everything in your vicinity unless you skip a ton of quests. and then the game is a constant one shot kill bore fest. only the knoxx DLC was moderately challenging on the first playthrough.

and the devs locked everything out. there is enemy number scaling based on players and a console command for it,but it only works when your playing with somoene else. if you're solo, you can't force the game into thinking theres 2-4 of you. this same exact cvar is what made diablo 2 fun on repeated playthroughs, so I dunno why they decided to not include something similar here.
                                                Patches fixed the game, everything is now levelled up. And Crawmerax is still a fun challenge, unless you have modded weapons.

My primary character used to be the Hunter but now I am a Siren and the game is basically easy mode for Sirens.

If y'all are planning on playing some Crawmerax runs or something, let me know, I can join in

Comment

Originally posted by Cartigan View Post
                                                  No, it doesn't. You guys just have no idea how the, apparently, overintuitive vehicle control works in the game.
                                                  It does, read earlier in thread

Comment

You can fix the FOV with the borderlands config tool (can't find the link at the moment, the one google brings up is broken).
                                                    "Ok to lose to opponent, must not lose to fear!"
                                                    ~Mr. Myagi.

"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."
                                                    ~George Carlin

"A man moaning in a pr0n sounds like a cow with a kidney stone."

"It's often not your fault if you have problems, but it is your responsibility to do something about them".

Comment

It does, read earlier in thread
                                                      Gotta be more specific than that.

Comment

Originally posted by xCLAVEx View Post
                                                        You can fix the FOV with the borderlands config tool (can't find the link at the moment, the one google brings up is broken).
                                                        IIRC, you could only fix it for sprinting and you had to set it every-time you started. I just didn't give a crap about it after a while but I did hear it looked nice in 3D. Haven't tried unfortunately

All my Borderlands buddies moved on to other games

Comment

Recognize that vehicle turning is based on mouse look and go with it? I mean, it's not really a difficult concept, it's how movementworks normally. All vehicle turn does is move the mouse look. That's just more confusing than how it works honestly.
                                                          Ok, ... I'm getting the hang of it. I was unaware that the vehicle was being steered via mouse look. That, and my seven year-old son was manning the mounted rocket launcher, which makes driving difficult under any circumstances.

Me: Stop shooting! I said stop shooting, dammit!

Him: But it's fun!

Me: You're kicking up too much dust and smoke! I can't see where I'm driving! Stop shooting already!

Him: Ok, fine.

Me: Thank you. Do NOT fire the rocket launcher unless you actually see something to shoot at, got it?

Him: Got it.

(Ten seconds pass. He opens fire again, launching no less than a half-dozen rockets)

Me: Why are you shooting again!??!

Him: I saw something!

Me: There's nothing there! What did you see?

Him: I dunno. A rock?
                                                          "The history of intellectual progress is written in the lives of infidels."

- Robert Ingersoll (1833 - 1899)

Comment

I have played non stop for 8 hours my first go of this,level 19 and had the battle with the sledgehammer brute
                                                            I found a working link for the config tool,it works good with the latest version,fov fix,aa,and an the option to remove the outlining looks better to me
                                                            system is:
                                                            NHD15S/[email protected]X-99A...32G Gskill@2667... MSIGTX980TiGaming... 850EVO... x-fi/logitech680z... thermaltakeCore71...Seasonic850w...Samsung UN40KU62904K
                                                            ...10prox64

Comment

Gtx680 is smoother in this game compared to the 2x6950 array but ati aa just looks cleaner to me
                                                              fun game as level 34 brute
                                                              system is:
                                                              NHD15S/[email protected]X-99A...32G Gskill@2667... MSIGTX980TiGaming... 850EVO... x-fi/logitech680z... thermaltakeCore71...Seasonic850w...Samsung UN40KU62904K
                                                              ...10prox64

Comment

The best fix for the FOV is to bind the command to increase the FOV to your move forward button. That way whenever you move forward it resets it back to being the right FOV. Because you almost always are moving in the game your FOV will be right 99.9% of the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Nagorak View Post
                                                                  The best fix for the FOV is to bind the command to increase the FOV to your move forward button.
                                                                  Wrong. The vehicle view automatically resets the FOV so binding it to the forward key causes the screen to bounce between FOV while moving in a vehicle. Bind it to the sprint key. You will never use it in vehicle view and its unintrusive otherwise (and you will be sprinting plenty).

Comment

Wrong. The vehicle view automatically resets the FOV so binding it to the forward key causes the screen to bounce between FOV while moving in a vehicle. Bind it to the sprint key. You will never use it in vehicle view and its unintrusive otherwise (and you will be sprinting plenty).
                                                                    Huh, never had that problem at all, whether in a vehicle or not. I just played it today, too.

Comment

Ok, ... I'm getting the hang of it. I was unaware that the vehicle was being steered via mouse look. That, and my seven year-old son was manning the mounted rocket launcher, which makes driving difficult under any circumstances.

Me: Stop shooting! I said stop shooting, dammit!

Him: But it's fun!

Me: You're kicking up too much dust and smoke! I can't see where I'm driving! Stop shooting already!

Him: Ok, fine.

Me: Thank you. Do NOT fire the rocket launcher unless you actually see something to shoot at, got it?

Him: Got it.

(Ten seconds pass. He opens fire again, launching no less than a half-dozen rockets)

Me: Why are you shooting again!??!

Him: I saw something!

Me: There's nothing there! What did you see?

Him: I dunno. A rock?

Your son sounds like me when I play with friends

Comment

Originally posted by Nagorak View Post
                                                                        Huh, never had that problem at all, whether in a vehicle or not. I just played it today, too.
                                                                        That's weird because that's the exact problem with binding it to a movement key - the vehicle has a default FOV which it will constantly revert to. You must not be changing the FOV very drastically to not notice it. Or your change to the FOV isn't taking effect or the settings file was overwritten.

Comment

the configtool binds fov fix to f10 and f11 on/off than it auto resets after you sprint,good enough
                                                                          I notice with the fov fix on the character sprint speed is increased
                                                                          system is:
                                                                          ...10prox64

Comment

Comment

Did you really mean to post your steam key?
                                                                              THG is to computer hardware what MTV is to music.

Comment

Err.. dude he is doing a giveaway without the hassle. Also, key is possibly taken already.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                X