File Deleter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

File Deleter?

I wonder if there's a file deleter 'cause I have some "virus" that I can't delete.
    It says "The filename is too long." and it's true. More than like 20 lines of filename.. And when I right-click > Properties it shows me a pop-up saying "This file does'nt have properties."..
    Help appreciated.

Yep, there's a couple of excellent ones:

DelinvFile

and

Unlocker

I generally have better luck with DelinvFile, but I've used both with great results most of the time. BE CAREFUL with either utility becaue you can delete stuff at will. Important, necessary stuff, like Windows.

Good luck!

HTH!

Comment

I've tried unlocker and it pretty much has failed for me consistently. I still have a folder that Partition magic 8 decided to create that I still have not been able to delete.
      My Dealings

Comment

Tried the other program and that failed too.
        My Dealings

Comment

What's the error message Risto?

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Zhivago View Post
            What's the error message Risto?

My Dealings

Comment

Have you tried deleting it from the Recovery Console or from say UltimateBootCD?

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Zhivago View Post
                Have you tried deleting it from the Recovery Console or from say UltimateBootCD?
                I tried using a BART PE disc with no luck. I tried using a Knoppix disc and that didn't work either, but I figured it wouldn't because the partition is NTFS.

I'm not familiar enough with Recovery console. How would one go about deleting a folder using that?

Otherwise I'll check into that ultimate boot disc thing when I have some time tonight. Thanks for your suggestions.

Last edited by Ristogod; Jan 18, 2007, 06:13 AM.
                My Dealings

Comment

Recovery Console just looks and works (pretty much) like a DOS environment. You'll have to just navigate to the root Directory and delete the folder by name. So, if it's a long name, write it down before hand.

It's worth a shot. I've deleted lots of stuff that way, including viruses and weird folders.

Have you also tried taking ownership of the folder? That can make or break an attempt to delete stuff sometimes, too.

And thanks for the +Rep in sprirt! I tried giving you +Rep for your funny comment about Jim's yard sale thread, but got the same message.

Comment

Originally posted by Ristogod View Post
                    I've tried unlocker and it pretty much has failed for me consistently. I still have a folder that Partition magic 8 decided to create that I still have not been able to delete.
                    I fracking hate how that app forces you to create a folder when you merge partitions! I couldn't delete my folders either. I always ended up formatting the drive to get rid of it. What I do now is when I merge two partitions I move all my stuff out of the smallest partition, delete that partition than resize the other partition to take up its space. No undeletable partition magic folders this way.

Comment

Originally posted by vazel View Post
                      I fracking hate how that app forces you to create a folder when you merge partitions! I couldn't delete my folders either. I always ended up formatting the drive to get rid of it. What I do now is when I merge two partitions I move all my stuff out of the smallest partition, delete that partition than resize the other partition to take up its space. No undeletable partition magic folders this way.
                      That is what I normally do also, but for some reason that day it wasn't having it. I just could not get the one partition to go larger. I had never seen that before. So naturally I attempted another method only to get this weird non-deletable folder.
                      My Dealings

Comment

Working...
                      X