Acronis True Image Home vs Workstation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Acronis True Image Home vs Workstation

I'm looking to upgrade my version9 of True Image Home v9 and am unsure which product would be the best upgrade - Home v10 or Workstation v9.1. They also have some pretty attractive bundle options that might be worth considering.

Thoughts?

v10 so you can get Universal Restore - edit I dont know if you can use UR on Home, you can on Workstation/Server
    Last edited by caveman-jim; Jan 8, 2007, 11:49 AM.

Comment

Version 10 home also supports Vista.

note: not always 100% though, a few times Vista refused to boot after a TrueImage restore. Running a recovery from the Vista DVD fixed it though in a few seconds, (TrueImage does not understand the Vista boot sector method) and the system booted normally.

Comment

Originally posted by Skynet View Post
        Version 10 home also supports Vista.

note: not always 100% though, a few times Vista refused to boot after a TrueImage restore. Running a recovery from the Vista DVD fixed it though in a few seconds, (TrueImage does not understand the Vista boot sector method) and the system booted normally.
        The inference being that Workstation does not support Vista?

Comment

Originally posted by Lupine View Post
          The inference being that Workstation does not support Vista?
          The last time I tried it no. Would not install. That may have changed though, not 100% sure.

Comment

It's not officially listed http://www.acronis.com/enterprise/pr...uirements.html for Workstation 9.1, but Home 10 is listed as having Vista support.

Comment

Working...
            X