.mov videos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

.mov videos

isn´t there any other app around (other than quicktime off course) that plays .mov videos? Im sick of downloading QT with itunes incorporated...

You can download it without itunes, the download link should be right below the version with iTunes. http://www.apple.com/quicktime/download/win.html Just check the item below the iTunes version.

Anyway, VLC plays .mov files, and pretty much anything else too.

I install Quicktime for embedded players, but use VLC to play any movie files on my HD.
    "If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe

Comment

Quick time alternative, plays and runs just like QT but without the crap.

Get QuickTime Alternative, a free replacement for QuickTime Player, from Free-Codecs. Enjoy playback of QuickTime files without installing Apple's software

Also as advised above VLC is an excellent player.
      Once I used to have a life - then I bought a PC

Comment

QuickTime Alternative includes the QT codecs as well as the excellent Media Player Classic which can be used for everything given the necessary DirectShow decoders & filters are installed. Personally, I use Cyberlink decoders for QT7 MOVs (for hardware acceleration) but QTA includes the media handlers and of course legacy MOV support (Sorensen or whatever old pre-AVC crap).
        Last edited by Auric; Jan 4, 2007, 09:33 PM.
        Look on the bright side, one day our sun will supernova red giant and this won't even be a memory.

Comment

i have quicktime but i disabled the quicktime service. quicktime doesn't run but i can play .mov videos in firefox and any media player

Comment

Working...
          X