No announcement yet.

Official AMD Ryzen 5000 Series & 7000 Series Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So 3 days from launch and still not looking like a lot of pricing information released. Kind of annoying honestly. On the bright side we can see what some models are going to have as far as aesthetics and features.

Since MSI and ASUS are going to be out of my price range at this point I'm still looking at GB and ASRock. I might even be willing to give biostar a try how bad can it be? lol

https://wccftech.com/roundup/amd-x67...abyte-biostar/

Best info I have available so far in that link.

AMD Ryzen 7950X
    32GB Kingston 6400 MT/s
    MSI X670E Carbon
    NVidia 4090 FE

Comment

+rep for that roundup, I had hoped to have better pricing info and benchies by now.

Comment

I'm going to avoid GB out of principle for a while, they handled that exploding PSU incident horribly.

Comment

Originally posted by Mangler View Post
          I'm going to avoid GB out of principle for a while, they handled that exploding PSU incident horribly.
          Isn't that the PSU that Newegg bundled with new GPUs?

Comment

Originally posted by andino View Post
            Isn't that the PSU that Newegg bundled with new GPUs?
            Yes.

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccg6aU7Hmjw

[yt]ccg6aU7Hmjw[/yt]

7950x meets LN2.

Comment

Looks like the 7950x beats the 5800x3d easily in games due to its own cache increases. And quite a bit faster than the lower 6 and 8 core 7000 ryzens.

https://twitter.com/greymon55/status...25884439494656
                I talked to the tree. Thats why they put me away!..." Peter Sellers, The Goon Show
                Only superficial people cant be superficial... Oscar Wilde

Piledriver Rig 2016: Gigabyte G1 gaming 990fx. FX 8350 cpu. XFX RX 480 GTR Cats 22.7.1, SoundBlaster ZXR, 2 x 8 gig ddr3 1866 Kingston. 1 x 2tb Firecuda seagate with 8 gig mlc SSHD. Sharp 60" 4k 60 hz tv. Win 10 home.

Ryzen Rig 2017: Gigabyte X370 K7 F50d bios. Ryzen 5800X3D :). 2 x 8 ddr4 3600 (@3200) Cas 16 Gskill. Sapphire Vega 64 Reference Cooler Cats 22.4.1. 1700 mhz @1.1v. Soundblaster X Ae5, 32" Dell S3220DGF 1440p Freesync Premium Pro monitor, Kingston A2000 1TB NVME. 4 TB HGST NAS HD. Win 11 pro.

Ignore List: Keystone, Andino... -My Baron, he wishes to inform you that vendetta, as he puts it in the ancient tongue, the art of kanlee is still alive... He does not wish to meet or speak with you...-
                "Either half my colleagues are enormously stupid, or else the science of darwinism is fully compatible with conventional religious beliefs and equally compatible with atheism." -Stephen Jay Gould, Rock of Ages.
                "The Intelligibility of the Universe itself needs explanation. It is not the gaps of understanding of the world that points to God but rather the very comprehensibility of scientific and other forms of understanding that requires an explanation." -Richard Swinburne

www.realitysandwich.com

www.plasma-universe.com/pseudoskepticism/

Comment

I re-read that roundup article and it seems like Gigabutt is out for me anyway. With one exception (AERO D) they don't have any 16x PCIE-5 slots in ATX form factor. The options are ATX-E which my case doesn't support.

Looking like most likely ASRock Taichi/Steel Legend or Biostar Valkyrie for what I'm after on launch day in the $350 range as the best bet.

I'd like an MSI Carbon but most likely going to be priced out on that one.

The ASUS motherboards in that round up are a confusing mess which is probably the article's issue. It lists some as having 16x PCIE-5 support in one area then in the table shows it as 8x/8x/4x (electrical) whatever the hell that means.

And yes I know I don't need 16x PCIE-5 support with any current or even near term GPUs. I'm just picky about this. So sue me.

AMD Ryzen 7950X
                  32GB Kingston 6400 MT/s
                  MSI X670E Carbon
                  NVidia 4090 FE

Comment

Originally posted by Riptide View Post
                    I re-read that roundup article and it seems like Gigabutt is out for me anyway. With one exception (AERO D) they don't have any 16x PCIE-5 slots in ATX form factor. The options are ATX-E which my case doesn't support.

Looking like most likely ASRock Taichi/Steel Legend or Biostar Valkyrie for what I'm after on launch day in the $350 range as the best bet.

I'd like an MSI Carbon but most likely going to be priced out on that one.

The ASUS motherboards in that round up are a confusing mess which is probably the article's issue. It lists some as having 16x PCIE-5 support in one area then in the table shows it as 8x/8x/4x (electrical) whatever the hell that means.

And yes I know I don't need 16x PCIE-5 support with any current or even near term GPUs. I'm just picky about this. So sue me.
                    should only be 8x/8x/4x if you put two cards in sli/cfx

Comment

I'm not disagreeing with that but the article doesn't really state as much. It seems to be a bit confusing on that point and I'm thinking it isn't 100% trustworthy anyway.

Just an annoyance that it's such a pita to get concrete well laid out trustworthy information just a few days before launch. I know the demand and supply should be better than what we've seen in the past but it is still going to be a limited supply and stuff almost always sells out quickly on launch day no matter what.

I'd like to have my ducks in a row if I may.

AMD Ryzen 7950X
                      32GB Kingston 6400 MT/s
                      MSI X670E Carbon
                      NVidia 4090 FE

Comment

well all MB manuals should be out soon

Comment

AMD Ryzen 7000 tested in Cinebench
                          https://videocardz.com/newz/amd-ryze...-scores-leaked

Comment

Bunch of other tests and scores leaked. Mixed bag, some pretty good...

https://twitter.com/harukaze5719/sta...39685668667392

My 5800x3d still king of the hill most times...
                            I talked to the tree. Thats why they put me away!..." Peter Sellers, The Goon Show

Piledriver Rig 2016: Gigabyte G1 gaming 990fx. FX 8350 cpu. XFX RX 480 GTR Cats 22.7.1, SoundBlaster ZXR, 2 x 8 gig ddr3 1866 Kingston. 1 x 2tb Firecuda seagate with 8 gig mlc SSHD. Sharp 60" 4k 60 hz tv. Win 10 home.

Ryzen Rig 2017: Gigabyte X370 K7 F50d bios. Ryzen 5800X3D :). 2 x 8 ddr4 3600 (@3200) Cas 16 Gskill. Sapphire Vega 64 Reference Cooler Cats 22.4.1. 1700 mhz @1.1v. Soundblaster X Ae5, 32" Dell S3220DGF 1440p Freesync Premium Pro monitor, Kingston A2000 1TB NVME. 4 TB HGST NAS HD. Win 11 pro.

Ignore List: Keystone, Andino... -My Baron, he wishes to inform you that vendetta, as he puts it in the ancient tongue, the art of kanlee is still alive... He does not wish to meet or speak with you...-
                            "Either half my colleagues are enormously stupid, or else the science of darwinism is fully compatible with conventional religious beliefs and equally compatible with atheism." -Stephen Jay Gould, Rock of Ages.
                            "The Intelligibility of the Universe itself needs explanation. It is not the gaps of understanding of the world that points to God but rather the very comprehensibility of scientific and other forms of understanding that requires an explanation." -Richard Swinburne

www.realitysandwich.com

Comment

Ryzen 9 7950X Overclocked to 6.7 GHz Crushes Cinebench R23 with Over 50K nT Score
                              https://www.techpowerup.com/299243/r...r-50k-nt-score

Comment

I wish I had a 7950x and a new motherboard to play around on.

I'd try to OC it a few times.

Comment

When is this interminable NDA over with!?

Comment

Acroig is my spirit animal.

Comment

Sometime today from what I understand. Possibly even this morning we should start seeing reviews post up.

Still no pricing on a lot of motherboards. Nothing like waiting until the last minute!

AMD Ryzen 7950X
                                      32GB Kingston 6400 MT/s
                                      MSI X670E Carbon
                                      NVidia 4090 FE

Comment

Sometime today from what I understand. Possibly even this morning we should start seeing reviews post up.

Still no pricing on a lot of motherboards. Nothing like waiting until the last minute!
                                        Right? What a PITA.

Comment

https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2022...ut-impressive/

Others are popping up now FYI.

It’s important to note TJMax is the max safe operating temperature—not the absolute max temperature. In the Ryzen 7000 Series, the processor is designed to run at TJMax 24/7 without risk of damage or deterioration. At 95 degrees it is not running hot, rather it will intentionally go to this temperature as much as possible under load because the power management system knows that this is the ideal way to squeeze the most performance out of the chip without damaging it.
                                          Seems like based on earlier comments in the thread some of you will not be trying these new chips out then. Designed to coast at 95c lol might be a bit on the warm side for those who don't have the testes to put up with that.

AMD Ryzen 7950X
                                          32GB Kingston 6400 MT/s
                                          MSI X670E Carbon
                                          NVidia 4090 FE

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_WubXd2tXOA - HU (7600)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRaJXZMOMPU - GN (7950)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbEhekUaIqk - 7700x
                                            Last edited by acroig; Sep 26, 2022, 05:45 AM.

Comment

I dunno, feels like it's worth waiting for the 7800x3d when you see just how well the 5800x3d stacks up against the 7xxx series.

AMD shot themselves in the foot by releasing that one.

Comment

The 5800X3D gonna keep lots of folks from upgrading.

The new chips are great, power hungry, but great. But if you're upgrading for 1440 gaming ....uh nope. For productivity, oh hell yes.

Comment

95c is normal temp? Wow!

Comment

Damn this is the first cpu launch where I want to see full loop cooler tested. Its all about the cooler.

www.realitysandwich.com

Comment

Originally posted by pax View Post
                                                      Damn this is the first cpu launch where I want to see full loop cooler tested. Its all about the cooler.
                                                      [yt]y_jaS_FZcjI[/yt]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_jaS_FZcjI

90C

70C with a direct die cooling.

Looks like the IHS is too thick.

Comment

Honestly I love the prospect and challenge of you want more power, then cool this cpu as best you can.

Reminds me of the old days when we shoved Celerons in our dorm room fridge for that sweet 25Mhz.

Also, I wonder what tune everyone would be singing if the 5800X3D never existed?

Comment

Originally posted by AllexxisF1 View Post
                                                          Reminds me of the old days when we shoved Celerons in our dorm room fridge for that sweet 25Mhz.

, classic!

Comment

Remember when I said that new IHS design was going to cause problems?
                                                            Originally posted by curio
                                                            Eat this protein bar, for it is of my body. And drink this creatine shake, for it is my blood.
                                                            "If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe

Comment

Bring back bare dies, if it cracks, it cracks.

Not to mention that modern retention designs are way safer than what we had back in the days, BRING EM BACK!

Comment

Originally posted by Nunz View Post
                                                                Remember when I said that new IHS design was going to cause problems?
                                                                Insert 'oh indeed' GIF here.

Comment

Originally posted by Mangler View Post
                                                                  [yt]y_jaS_FZcjI[/yt]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_jaS_FZcjI

90C

70C with a direct die cooling.

Looks like the IHS is too thick.
                                                                  Good temps but they didnt get much more oc from it. Wondering about sustained clocks tho. And then killing that 7700x from a bad delid...

www.realitysandwich.com

Comment

https://www.techpowerup.com/review/amd-ryzen-7-7700x/

1080, 1440 & 4K benchies

Comment

I have a 360mm AIO and it's going to be enough to cope with it. But would be a non-starter for any serious attempt at manual overclocking.

Install and then set it and forget it. Might try a 0.05 undervolt though to help keep it a little 'cooler'.

And yeah 95c wow.

AMD Ryzen 7950X
                                                                      32GB Kingston 6400 MT/s
                                                                      MSI X670E Carbon
                                                                      NVidia 4090 FE

Comment

I have a 360mm AIO and it's going to be enough to cope with it. But would be a non-starter for any serious attempt at manual overclocking.

Install and then set it and forget it. Might try a 0.05 undervolt though to help keep it a little 'cooler'.

And yeah 95c wow.
                                                                        Im thinking its not that big a deal because you can goto 115c if you set manual oc on that same temp. And unless derbauer or some other ocer can get more than 100mhz sustained clocks more than stock I think delid is useless even tho temps drop a lot. Its not just temps its voltages alone that can degrade/kill a cpu early.

Also we may see simple reduction of ihs thickness as an easy way to drop temps. And/or new cooler heads with thinner blocks.

www.realitysandwich.com

Comment

https://www.tweaktown.com/reviews/10...er-Consumption

Comment

https://wccftech.com/review/amd-ryze...gins-today/12/

Comment

Originally posted by acroig View Post
                                                                              95c is normal temp? Wow!

Roughly this temperature has been the target temperature for every processor of the last few years.

Linking specifically this portion of the Hardware Unboxed video here https://youtu.be/_WubXd2tXOA?t=983
                                                                              Originally posted by Koenig39
                                                                              Okeh zhentlemain, we well commonce spe-cial operashun "Surraindair" at four-dirty. We well sneek pass dair defances wid our whayt flags held hagh!
                                                                              Originally posted by Pr()ZaC
                                                                              Spyre, I told you before! I won't let you have mensechs with metroidfox nor give you the secret address to the admins p0rn server! :drool:
                                                                              Originally posted by Villainess
                                                                              :lol: @ sig ............ now get me OUTTA THERE!! :mad:

Comment

Somebody was talking about a hard pass if thermals get to the point that they are now and that they weren't comfortable with 90c or higher load temps. Might've been in the Intel thread, not really sure. So I guess they're out lol

I personally dgaf and will just put it on my AIO and call it a day. It's symptomatic though of the much discussed issue we're finding ourselves in now. CPUs that are extremely dense, running hot and with no easy way to extract all that heat in order to knock temps down. At least not without risky de-lidding operations most users shouldn't be doing in the first place.

AMD Ryzen 7950X
                                                                                32GB Kingston 6400 MT/s
                                                                                MSI X670E Carbon
                                                                                NVidia 4090 FE

Comment

Somebody was talking about a hard pass if thermals get to the point that they are now and that they weren't comfortable with 90c or higher load temps. Might've been in the Intel thread, not really sure. So I guess they're out lol
                                                                                  That was probably me.

Standing by for 13700K.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                  X