Official AMD Ryzen 5000 Series & 7000 Series Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gandalfthewhite View Post
    AM4 is dead it needs to die please just let it die. They supported it for 4 years and 4 cpus generations it was a great run but let us please move on.

DDR5 + PCIe5 + USB4.0 are coming and AM4 does not have the pincount to handle the bandwidth of them.

I thought the same thing. Since I already just got a new 3700X and decided to skip Zen 3 and straight to Zen 4. I want to build all the new computer with AM5, PCIE5, DDR5, and and maybe big navi 2.0.

AMD Phenom II X2 555 @ stock clock
    Xigamtek Knight cooler
    ASUS M4A79XTD EVO
    G.Skill 8GB DDR3 1333 (4x4GB)
    Intel 530 240GB SSD
    XFX ATI Radeon 4870 1GB
    Antec Truepower 750W
    NZXT Source 210
    Windows 7 x64

AMD FX-8350 @ stock clock
    Gigabyte GA-990FX-UD5 R5
    G.Skill Sniper 16GB (8x2) DDR3 1866
    Arctic Freezer 7 Pro 7 rev. 2
    Gigabyte Windforce 7950 3GB Ghz Edition
    Samsung 840 Pro 128GB SSD
    EVGA SuperNova 650W
    NZXT Source 210 w/ two Noctua F-12 fans
    Ubuntu MATE 64-bit
    Intel i5 3570K @ stock clock | G.Skill 16GB (8GBx2) DDR3 1866 | Silicon Power 60GB SSD | Win 10 Pro x64 | NZXT Source 210

Comment

Well at least Asrock owners of *ANY AM4* mobo will be ready once they finally get the cpu stock back up:

https://wccftech.com/asrock-amd-ryze...-motherboards/

ASRock has released BETA BIOS support AMD Ryzen 5000 Desktop CPUs on its X370, B350 & A320 line of motherboards. The BIOS for each respective AMD 300-series chipset motherboard are now available to download over at HKEPC if you want to run your brand new Vermeer chip on an older motherboard.

AMD Ryzen 5000 Desktop CPUs Now Supported By ASRock's X370, B350 & A320 Motherboards Through BETA BIOS
      According to HKEPC, ASRock has provided them BETA BIOS for a total of 16 X370, B350 and A320 motherboards. These motherboards date all the way back to 2017 when the first AMD Ryzen CPUs were launched so they are quite old but there are plenty of users who still own these boards and are running either 1st or 2nd Gen Ryzen CPUs on them. The site reports that there are no issues in terms of AMD Ryzen 5000 CPU support but full stability for the chips is not guaranteed.
      Heres looking at you GB.
      I talked to the tree. Thats why they put me away!..." Peter Sellers, The Goon Show
      Only superficial people cant be superficial... Oscar Wilde

Piledriver Rig 2016: Gigabyte G1 gaming 990fx. FX 8350 cpu. XFX RX 480 GTR Cats 22.7.1, SoundBlaster ZXR, 2 x 8 gig ddr3 1866 Kingston. 1 x 2tb Firecuda seagate with 8 gig mlc SSHD. Sharp 60" 4k 60 hz tv. Win 10 home.

Ryzen Rig 2017: Gigabyte X370 K7 F50d bios. Ryzen 5800X3D :). 2 x 8 ddr4 3600 (@3200) Cas 16 Gskill. Sapphire Vega 64 Reference Cooler Cats 22.4.1. 1700 mhz @1.1v. Soundblaster X Ae5, 32" Dell S3220DGF 1440p Freesync Premium Pro monitor, Kingston A2000 1TB NVME. 4 TB HGST NAS HD. Win 11 pro.

Ignore List: Keystone, Andino... -My Baron, he wishes to inform you that vendetta, as he puts it in the ancient tongue, the art of kanlee is still alive... He does not wish to meet or speak with you...-
      "Either half my colleagues are enormously stupid, or else the science of darwinism is fully compatible with conventional religious beliefs and equally compatible with atheism." -Stephen Jay Gould, Rock of Ages.
      "The Intelligibility of the Universe itself needs explanation. It is not the gaps of understanding of the world that points to God but rather the very comprehensibility of scientific and other forms of understanding that requires an explanation." -Richard Swinburne

www.realitysandwich.com

www.plasma-universe.com/pseudoskepticism/

Comment

Originally posted by demo View Post
        RKL leaked benchmarks and specs today. 5.3GHz and approx 10% faster than 5950x in ashes
        Beside Xe graphics which is actually exciting to learn about, it's not looking that good for Intel. It's looking like they are going to be slower in single threaded per clock and being flat out hammered in multicore. The fab advantage is over and it shows.
        i10400
        WX3200 Radeon Pro
        Sound BlasterX G6 + Sony MDR 7506
        LG 43UD79-B

Comment

I'm confident RKL will be the fastest gaming CPU.
          CROSSHAIR X670E HERO / R7 7700X / RTX 4090 GAMING OC / TRIDENT Z5 NEO RGB 6000 CL30 / SAMSUNG 980pro 1TB / 2x SAMSUNG 980 1TB / H150i ELITE LCD / ATH-A2000Z / HX1200 / AW3821DW 38" / LG C2 OLED evo 55" / Enthoo 719 / K70 MKII + Zowie S2 / K57 + Harpoon / Xbox Series X Controller / REVERB G2 V2

Comment

Originally posted by demo View Post
            I'm confident RKL will be the fastest gaming CPU.
            I would not really bet that but I like the fire
            Ashes of the Singularity is already faster on Intel, so releasing 10% lead on it is not something I would be excited about

Considering it's a variant of ice lake, the mobile version of sonny cove that Rocket lake is based off of... but on 14nm instead of 10...

It just gets trashed by AMD's mobile chips
            https://www.notebookcheck.net/i7-106....247596.0.html

I'm confident it's going to be the hottest chip.
            i10400
            WX3200 Radeon Pro
            Sound BlasterX G6 + Sony MDR 7506
            LG 43UD79-B

Comment

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/amd-ryz...?skuId=6438942

quick 5900x at bestbuy
              "I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."

Comment

Originally posted by CyanBlues View Post
                Didn’t you get yours as well? Maybe update system specs?

Comment

i did, the spec is my main pc/everyday gaming, etc
                  VR/Gaming one is the one with the 5900x and 3080
                  "I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."

Comment

Yes I know. I meant the specs on the forums in the side bar .

Comment

yeah I'm still rocking that machine with rx6800, so I just kind of left it since its the one I'm on the most

Comment

A lot of people reporting that MCs are well stocked with 5600 and 5800 series processors. If that fancies you might be a good time to either visit or reach out to someone who can pick one up for you and ship. There is also the occasional 5900 and 5950 available.

FYI.

Comment

Dallas micro center had ONE 5600x left in the case when I was there yesterday afternoon around 1PM CDT. No other 5000 series there in stock.

AMD Ryzen 7950X
                          32GB Kingston 6400 MT/s
                          MSI X670E Carbon
                          NVidia 4090 FE

Comment

Price hike mother****ers.

Comment

Originally posted by KAC View Post

Price hike mother****ers.
                              They want $200 for a 3600 (not X) when I paid $150 for it back in September.

Comment

Sale prices are retail prices. Looks like a sham to me.

Comment

Just a heads up, Bestbuy has both the 5600X and 5800X instock. I just ordered a 5800X. Will be here tuesday!

Edit:

BTW keep checking in, here is a good live video to help anyone trying to buy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tvt3HwrMLAo

All sold out now, hope some of you got one.
                                  Last edited by SSXeon; Jan 22, 2021, 10:54 AM.
                                  AMD Ryzen 7 5800X - ASUS TUF Gaming B550-PLUS - 16GB Corsair LPX 3200Mhz - 1TB WD Black SN850 - Nvidia RTX 4080 FE 16GB - Seasonic Focus GX-850 - Dell S2716DG - Be Quiet 500DX

Comment

Good price for a secondary rig.

Can grab this for 1770 bucks. Gay paid 2235 for it 1 week ago. He needs to leave country and wants to sell. Wdygt? Was thinking about it as a mining plus gaming computer for my son. Comes with receipts and stuff.

Comment

Good price for a secondary rig.

Can grab this for 1770 bucks. Gay paid 2235 for it 1 week ago. He needs to leave country and wants to sell. Wdygt? Was thinking about it as a mining plus gaming computer for my son. Comes with receipts and stuff.
                                      Good equipment, sound like a good price in your area. Hit it up?

Comment

Yup you can’t make the same rig any cheaper. I even looked at prices online on Newegg and with tax and shipping it will cost 2000+ to build the exact same thing. Locally $2235 is the price. Maybe can shave off a $100 by negotiation. So $1770 seems pretty good. Also saw an online build and cost was $1650 for very similar parts. Only a bit weary of the Zotac dual fan card.

Only consideration I have is if I can pickup Intel kit that is cheaper than this (like a 9900K) and just buy a scalped 3070 at about 700 bucks? Might end up cheaper than this setup.
                                        Last edited by KAC; Jan 25, 2021, 09:17 AM.

Comment

Only consideration I have is if I can pickup Intel kit that is cheaper than this (like a 9900K) and just buy a scalped 3070 at about 700 bucks? Might end up cheaper than this setup.
                                          But isn't the 5600X better than a 9900K?

Comment

Better is subjective. I am not doing any productivity on this.

Comment

Better is subjective. I am not doing any productivity on this.
                                              Oh I meant for gaming at stock. You planning on OCing the heck out of the 9900K?

Comment

Always lol.

Comment

9900K is basically guaranteed 5Ghz all-core. I'd take that all day over a 5600X for a gaming system.

If it's a P0 stepping chip, you should be able to get 5.1-5.2Ghz all-core at decent voltages if you have good cooling.
                                                  Originally posted by curio
                                                  Eat this protein bar, for it is of my body. And drink this creatine shake, for it is my blood.
                                                  "If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe

Comment

seeing more warhol/zen 3+ talk over the last couple of weeks on some discord channels and twitter from some of the usual leakers.

https://twitter.com/_rogame/status/1353346068411518978

!
                                                    Speculation
                                                    !

If I had to guess what could a Zen3/Zen3+ refresh look like:

> New IOD for better FCLK & Memory
                                                    > Slightly tweaked clocks (5GHz dream
                                                    Grinning face with smiling eyes
                                                    )
                                                    > 5C & 7C dual CCD configs as these are now supported
                                                    > Maybe some small tweaks under the hood
                                                    https://twitter.com/_rogame/status/1353350361063555073

I can't say for sure. Zen3+ is a thing last I checked. The easy route would be to go AM4 which is mature enough bios & features wise. The hard route would be a new AM5 platform with DDR5 and all first gen problems.

My bet is on AM4
                                                    Quotes:

Rage3d is the BEST forum!! There are alot of smart people on here!! -phexus

Comment

Decided to not go ahead with the purchase since my kid has GCSE exams coming up. Don’t need him distracted with a computer in his room. If he does well in his exams then maybe I can purchase a RKL rig for myself and give him the 5900X RGB disco.

Comment

Originally posted by Nunz View Post
                                                        9900K is basically guaranteed 5Ghz all-core. I'd take that all day over a 5600X for a gaming system.

If it's a P0 stepping chip, you should be able to get 5.1-5.2Ghz all-core at decent voltages if you have good cooling.

Some people still like air cooling....

Got my 5800X and it is a dream, gained like 30fps in destiny 2. Will try cyberpunk soon, as that game is very CPU intensive.

And Congrats KAC, that looks like a pretty sweet setup.
                                                        AMD Ryzen 7 5800X - ASUS TUF Gaming B550-PLUS - 16GB Corsair LPX 3200Mhz - 1TB WD Black SN850 - Nvidia RTX 4080 FE 16GB - Seasonic Focus GX-850 - Dell S2716DG - Be Quiet 500DX

Comment

The Noctua D15 can easily cool a 9900K at 5Ghz all-core, even a shitty bin. For all the FUD spread about it "running hot" none of it was really true, unless all you do is run Prime95 w/ AVX.
                                                          Eat this protein bar, for it is of my body. And drink this creatine shake, for it is my blood.
                                                          "If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe

Comment

The Noctua D15 can easily cool a 9900K at 5Ghz all-core, even a shitty bin. For all the FUD spread about it "running hot" none of it was really true, unless all you do is run Prime95 w/ AVX.

Well sh!t you got me, all I "play" is Prime95! Good point, the 280w Threadrippers are fine with Air cooling, just like to poke fun. Didn't mean anything by it Nunz.

Comment

You're good man, wasn't aiming the P95 comment at you; was speaking generally

Comment

So, I ended up "accidentally" picking up a 5900X. I ran a bot on Amazon just to fish for a processor, figuring nothing would go through for a couple of months, and amazingly after only about a week I got a notification that a purchase went through! Unfortunately, that's sort of a curse in disguise because I didn't actually want the hassle of putting another computer together right now, since I had a lot of other stuff on my plate, and my 9900K system was working fine.

Also unfortunately, my experience with this processor has not been good. I've suffered from a lot of uncorrectable WHEA errors, and the errors happen on two different boards. Newer BIOSes seem to make the problem worse, rather than better.

The WHEAs seem to somehow be IMC/IO die related, since more SOC related voltage seems to help. But it seems like the IMC/IO die on this CPU is about the worst of all time. It won't even boot at 3800 MHz. Even at 3733 it apparently needs at a full 1.1v SOC. That's not "dangerous" but with my previous Ryzens I didn't have to go over 1.05v to max out the memory. Also, I am not sure whether it's stable even at that level. The problem is it's intermittent enough at 1.1v that it's not that easy to test for (might take 4-5 hours of gaming in a sensitive game like Hitman 2 to generate the error/reboot). I also had it generate an uncorrectable WHEA error down at 3600 MHz, although I could have been running too low SOC voltage there too.

I can't decide whether I should RMA this processor as defective, with a request for a replacement. Maybe it only has a **** IMC and I lost the silicon lottery, or maybe it's so **** that it's not actually functioning 100%. I just have a bad feeling about it at this point, and my Amazon RMA window is closing in a couple of days. I really don't want to have to get stuck with a bum processor that I then have to RMA through AMD.

Comment

RMA it.

AMD's failure to fix the fclk issues has been extremely disappointing. They promised a whole lot and bragged about 4000Mhz 1:1 being a thing, and so far I've seen most people stuck at 3733. AGESA updates aren't fixing it, even though they said it would "help". I think they've pointed the finger at AGESA but it's really the shitty silicon.

My 10900K has been awesome to OC on. I'll be making a thread when I get home from this trip detailing the memory OC experience and how smooth it's been from my 9900K.

Comment

LOL! I came back to my computer and found it sitting with a blue screen and a WHEA uncorrectable error. So, yeah, I'm definitely RMAing this processor.

Also, AMD chose a strange time to switch to premium pricing, IMO. There's more to being a premium product than just performance.

I don't know if it's the shortage, resulting in them relaxing QA standards too much, or what, but at this point Zen 3 seems to be almost be as rough as Zen 1 was at launch. Which is weird because Zen+ and Zen 2 had relatively few serious issues, at least in my experience (granted that could just be good/bad luck on my part).

Comment

You're good man, wasn't aiming the P95 comment at you; was speaking generally

i was joking about that too

Originally posted by Nagorak View Post
                                                                      LOL! I came back to my computer and found it sitting with a blue screen and a WHEA uncorrectable error. So, yeah, I'm definitely RMAing this processor.

Also, AMD chose a strange time to switch to premium pricing, IMO. There's more to being a premium product than just performance.

I don't know if it's the shortage, resulting in them relaxing QA standards too much, or what, but at this point Zen 3 seems to be almost be as rough as Zen 1 was at launch. Which is weird because Zen+ and Zen 2 had relatively few serious issues, at least in my experience (granted that could just be good/bad luck on my part).
                                                                      Yeah that doesn't sound right. I had to play around again in bios to get my SSD to be seen, and set my mem to 3200Mhz from default 2133, but it has been working great. RMA it and at least get your money back.

Comment

No problems here with my 5900X, other then it not liking 200mhz PBO.

Comment

I get WHEA error when I push the processor hard. Otherwise seems fine. I don’t believe there will be 2000 FCLK for all scenario. I haven’t played enough with secondary voltages to try 3800/4000 because my MSI board sucks ass when it comes to detecting errors and resetting CMOS. I also see no real world difference between FCLK 3600 and 3733 except AIDA bench.

Maybe something I will try again this weekend. Right now testing -15 CO all core is important for me.

Comment

I've decided to hold off on the RMA for now. It looks like I can only return for a refund at Amazon, and for some reason Amazon sold the CPU to me for $500, which is $50 below MSRP. I don't know if the person entering them into the system made a mistake, or if they have some weird algorithm that automatically marks products down, but it sure seems weird getting the CPU at a discount when others are being scalped.

Anyway, if I'd paid full price I'd probably just return, since I don't need the hassle, but since I got a good deal on it I'll hold off and continue troubleshooting. Worst case scenario, if it turns out to have a problem I can RMA to AMD. Or if it is stable and I'm not happy with it, with how things are now, I can resell and recover my money pretty easily.

I suspect the problem is this CPU just won't do 3733 stably. It's a bad sign that 3800 MHz won't even boot. On my 3700X, it would load 3800 MHz but wasn't stable no matter what I tried, so usually you can at least boot one level up from what you have to run at. I may also try downgrading to the previous BIOS with 1.1.9.0 AGESA because it seems I had better stability with that version.

My quick test in Hitman 2 shows the difference in performance between 3733 and 3666 is only about 1% give or take, which is not a huge difference, especially because I am running at 1440P and am very rarely CPU limited to being with.

I guess if someone had a CPU that can do 4000 MHz it might be 5% faster if performance continues to scale at the same rate with faster memory (could be less if there are diminishing returns). But that's in a totally artificial test at 1080P with all settings on low, so less actual impact in the real world.

I do think that the talk of Ryzen 5000 hitting 4000 MHz memory was overblown. It may be that there has been a slight improvement and now golden samples can hit 4000 MHz, whereas before they topped out at 3900 MHz. But on average it's not looking to me like Ryzen 5000 does about the same 3666-3733-3800 range as Ryzen 3000 did.

Comment

90% of results I have seen are at 3733 or below. Including myself. Don’t worry about it.

Comment

So its only problems trying to push the CPU to hard? If that's the case then I don't know what the problem is. Ryzen has never allowed much overclocking room.

Comment

Originally posted by Nascar24 View Post
                                                                                  So its only problems trying to push the CPU to hard? If that's the case then I don't know what the problem is. Ryzen has never allowed much overclocking room.
                                                                                  I'm not 100% sure right now. Hopefully I was just pushing too hard by trying to run IF at 1867 MHz, but there may be more to it than that. I actually started out with an MSI B550 Gaming Edge Wifi and I had a lot of problems with that board, especially on the newer BIOS (technically it was a "beta"). Things seem a lot better on my current Asus B550-F. So, it could be BIOS issues were also part of the problem.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                  X