No announcement yet.

Official AMD Ryzen 5000 Series & 7000 Series Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CPU so good even the memory kit is sweating. Thursday it will blow minds!
    https://www.youtube.com/post/UgzfDLBsrSVh7_VfTDh4AaABCQ

I'm going to assume that der8auer is talking about ryzen 5xxx.

Comment

Originally posted by Hapatingjaky View Post
      According to AMD nothing has changed on the memory controller, its the same as in Zen2. So really the max you can do is 3600MHz without losing the 1:1 ratio. Once you lose the 1:1 ratio you see a performance loss.

The 4000MHz memory would be needed to offset the 1:1 ratio loss. That's why they say its the sweet spot basically for overclocking.
      That's a shame.
      CROSSHAIR X670E HERO / R7 7700X / RTX 4090 GAMING OC / TRIDENT Z5 NEO RGB 6000 CL30 / SAMSUNG 980pro 1TB / 2x SAMSUNG 980 1TB / H150i ELITE LCD / ATH-A2000Z / HX1200 / AW3821DW 38" / LG C2 OLED evo 55" / Enthoo 719 / K70 MKII + Zowie S2 / K57 + Harpoon / Xbox Series X Controller / REVERB G2 V2

Comment

Originally posted by Mangler View Post
        https://www.youtube.com/post/UgzfDLBsrSVh7_VfTDh4AaABCQ

I'm going to assume that der8auer is talking about ryzen 5xxx.
        Buildzoid now Derbauer theres little doubt now this cpu will impress.
        I talked to the tree. Thats why they put me away!..." Peter Sellers, The Goon Show
        Only superficial people cant be superficial... Oscar Wilde

Piledriver Rig 2016: Gigabyte G1 gaming 990fx. FX 8350 cpu. XFX RX 480 GTR Cats 22.7.1, SoundBlaster ZXR, 2 x 8 gig ddr3 1866 Kingston. 1 x 2tb Firecuda seagate with 8 gig mlc SSHD. Sharp 60" 4k 60 hz tv. Win 10 home.

Ryzen Rig 2017: Gigabyte X370 K7 F50d bios. Ryzen 5800X3D :). 2 x 8 ddr4 3600 (@3200) Cas 16 Gskill. Sapphire Vega 64 Reference Cooler Cats 22.4.1. 1700 mhz @1.1v. Soundblaster X Ae5, 32" Dell S3220DGF 1440p Freesync Premium Pro monitor, Kingston A2000 1TB NVME. 4 TB HGST NAS HD. Win 11 pro.

Ignore List: Keystone, Andino... -My Baron, he wishes to inform you that vendetta, as he puts it in the ancient tongue, the art of kanlee is still alive... He does not wish to meet or speak with you...-
        "Either half my colleagues are enormously stupid, or else the science of darwinism is fully compatible with conventional religious beliefs and equally compatible with atheism." -Stephen Jay Gould, Rock of Ages.
        "The Intelligibility of the Universe itself needs explanation. It is not the gaps of understanding of the world that points to God but rather the very comprehensibility of scientific and other forms of understanding that requires an explanation." -Richard Swinburne

www.realitysandwich.com

www.plasma-universe.com/pseudoskepticism/

Comment

Mercury Research: AMD Achieves 22.4% Share Of The X86 Market, A High Not Seen Since 2007

https://wccftech.com/mercury-researc...en-since-2007/

and before zen 3 wonder what it will be in 6 months to a year

Comment

Dagnabit...

[yt]QrT647oFGNs[/yt]

Year of the low stock on everything wtf...
            I talked to the tree. Thats why they put me away!..." Peter Sellers, The Goon Show
            Only superficial people cant be superficial... Oscar Wilde

Piledriver Rig 2016: Gigabyte G1 gaming 990fx. FX 8350 cpu. XFX RX 480 GTR Cats 22.7.1, SoundBlaster ZXR, 2 x 8 gig ddr3 1866 Kingston. 1 x 2tb Firecuda seagate with 8 gig mlc SSHD. Sharp 60" 4k 60 hz tv. Win 10 home.

Ryzen Rig 2017: Gigabyte X370 K7 F50d bios. Ryzen 5800X3D :). 2 x 8 ddr4 3600 (@3200) Cas 16 Gskill. Sapphire Vega 64 Reference Cooler Cats 22.4.1. 1700 mhz @1.1v. Soundblaster X Ae5, 32" Dell S3220DGF 1440p Freesync Premium Pro monitor, Kingston A2000 1TB NVME. 4 TB HGST NAS HD. Win 11 pro.

Ignore List: Keystone, Andino... -My Baron, he wishes to inform you that vendetta, as he puts it in the ancient tongue, the art of kanlee is still alive... He does not wish to meet or speak with you...-
            "Either half my colleagues are enormously stupid, or else the science of darwinism is fully compatible with conventional religious beliefs and equally compatible with atheism." -Stephen Jay Gould, Rock of Ages.
            "The Intelligibility of the Universe itself needs explanation. It is not the gaps of understanding of the world that points to God but rather the very comprehensibility of scientific and other forms of understanding that requires an explanation." -Richard Swinburne

www.realitysandwich.com

www.plasma-universe.com/pseudoskepticism/

Comment

Originally posted by pax View Post
              Dagnabit...

[yt]QrT647oFGNs[/yt]

Year of the low stock on everything wtf...
              looks like another 3080. get your F5 fingers ready folks!

Comment

Can someone suggest a good build with motherboard and ram?

I am thinking about boning a 5900X instead of 5800X. Would appreciate ideas on motherboard and ram kits. Preferably 3600-4000 MHz.

RGB is a must.

Comment

Originally posted by KAC View Post

RGB is a must.

Comment

first review, if it's real.

[yt]DxKw0cIUCtI[/yt]

Imgur link with all of the charts

https://imgur.com/gallery/Bw2ythr

some examples

Last edited by Shapeshifter; Nov 4, 2020, 08:45 PM.
                    Quotes:

Rage3d is the BEST forum!! There are alot of smart people on here!! -phexus

Comment

Need more reviews.

Comment

FPS look awefully high for MSFS from both camps, shens imo.
                        CROSSHAIR X670E HERO / R7 7700X / RTX 4090 GAMING OC / TRIDENT Z5 NEO RGB 6000 CL30 / SAMSUNG 980pro 1TB / 2x SAMSUNG 980 1TB / H150i ELITE LCD / ATH-A2000Z / HX1200 / AW3821DW 38" / LG C2 OLED evo 55" / Enthoo 719 / K70 MKII + Zowie S2 / K57 + Harpoon / Xbox Series X Controller / REVERB G2 V2

Comment

Originally posted by demo View Post
                          FPS look awefully high for MSFS from both camps, shens imo.
                          Not really for 1080p.
                          I speak my mind! if you can't handle that, you might want to leave, because **** is going to get real!!

~I had the right to remain silent, I just didn't have the ability. ~ Ron White
                          ~You can't fix Stupid! ~ Ron White
                          ~There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. - ~Stupid is forever. ~ Ron White
                          ~Life is a hard teacher, it gives you the test before it teaches you the lesson.
                          ~It's never to late to have a good childhood! The older you are, the better the toys! ~ My Dad
                          ~Live everyday as though it is your last, it can all end at any moment!

Comment

MSFS is very CPU bound around airports or cities. 40-50fps with 10700k/10900k is about right. But sure, when flying over the ocean FPS may get that high, but that's not really a very good CPU benchmark in the first place.

Also, the 10900k sees a ~30% increase with 5GHz OC in GTAV... doesn't seem right, considering it boosts to 5.3 out of the box..

Comment

MSFS is very CPU bound around airports or cities. 40-50fps with 10700k/10900k is about right. But sure, when flying over the ocean FPS may get that high, but that's not really a very good CPU benchmark in the first place.

Also, the 10900k sees a ~30% increase with 5GHz OC in GTAV... doesn't seem right, considering it boosts to 5.3 out of the box..
                              GTA V has always favored intel. As for MSFS, I average 47 fps to 60 fps (I don't fly over oceans, I stay over land) depending on location, with a 3800x, 2080 super @ 3440x1440. So I have to disagree that it doesn't seem right.
                              I speak my mind! if you can't handle that, you might want to leave, because **** is going to get real!!

~There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. - ~Stupid is forever. ~ Ron White
                              ~Life is a hard teacher, it gives you the test before it teaches you the lesson.
                              ~It's never to late to have a good childhood! The older you are, the better the toys! ~ My Dad

Comment

I agree. 4.9 all-core OOB as well. Strange.
                                Originally posted by curio
                                Eat this protein bar, for it is of my body. And drink this creatine shake, for it is my blood.
                                "If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe

Comment

Whatever it is I am getting the 5900X today. Now if someone can tell me the motherboard and ram I can be on my way.

Comment

KAC getting an AMD product?

Begging for forgiveness now KAC?

Comment

I always said I will get the AMD 5000 series. It is why I kept cancelling my 10850K builds from Newegg. I also have a case picked out.

Comment

Originally posted by NWR_Midnight View Post
                                        GTA V has always favored intel. As for MSFS, I average 47 fps to 60 fps (I don't fly over oceans, I stay over land) depending on location, with a 3800x, 2080 super @ 3440x1440. So I have to disagree that it doesn't seem right.
                                        To be clear, I'm not disputing that AMD 5 series is likely faster than intels best, I'm just saying these particular results look wack.

GTAV favours intel, yes, but that's irrelevant to my point. I find it hard to believe there's a 32% increase in frame rate from OC'ing stock 10900k (4.9 all core, 5.2 Dual core, 5.3 Single core) to 5Ghz all core. It's just not happening.

As for MSFS, if you're in a large city or around the hand made airports with all options maxed, there's no chance you're getting 60fps, let alone the 75fps in 10900k benchmark (or 68fps with 3600x). This is not up for debate.
                                        That said, I don't speak Ergan Dergan, and can accept that maybe his settings are at low/med, in which case, what's the point? Most CPU heavy options are drastically reduced (draw calls, AI, logic).

Comment

So I have settled for MSI Unify, 5900X and G Skill 4000 MHz ram C19 as everything else was too expensive. What do you gays think about this?

Comment

To be clear, I'm not disputing that AMD 5 series is likely faster than intels best, I'm just saying these particular results look wack.

GTAV favours intel, yes, but that's irrelevant to my point. I find it hard to believe there's a 32% increase in frame rate from OC'ing stock 10900k (4.9 all core, 5.2 Dual core, 5.3 Single core) to 5Ghz all core. It's just not happening.

As for MSFS, if you're in a large city or around the hand made airports with all options maxed, there's no chance you're getting 60fps, let alone the 75fps in 10900k benchmark (or 68fps with 3600x). This is not up for debate.
                                            That said, I don't speak Ergan Dergan, and can accept that maybe his settings are at low/med, in which case, what's the point? Most CPU heavy options are drastically reduced (draw calls, AI, logic).
                                            I see what you mean with GTA V.

The Ryzen 3600 got 43 fps with a 2080ti at 1080p on ultra in MSFS 2 days after the game was release. Microsoft's last patch was full of performances improvements, one specific to GPU performance. There also isn't a Benchmark in MSFS, so the results are also very dependent on the path the guy did for his benchmark. However, it says Full HD.. we don't know if that means Ultra or what. He also used a 3070 which outperforms the 2080ti at 1440p. (no results for 1080p for MSFS that I could find).

Comment

I dunno man, your link shows 1080p at 50fps with 9900k.. right around where I said it would be. Looks CPU bound to me, with scores in order of CPU hierarchy.
                                              Note, MSFS does not support DX12 and has poor multicore optimization, relying on single thread IPC and frequency, which is why the intel chips are winning and why there's not much difference between 6 core 3600 and 12 core 3900x.

Hell, the 5700XT with 9900k is beating 2080Ti with 3900x. That screams CPU bound right there.

I fully expect AMD 5 series will be faster than everything given its IPC increase. This CPU launch is gonna be huge - it will have both IPC and core count dominance. I can't remember the last time this happened.

EDIT/ Oh, you removed links, well anyway, GG sir

So I have settled for MSI Unify, 5900X and G Skill 4000 MHz ram C19 as everything else was too expensive. What do you gays think about this?
                                              Z490 MSI Unify is known to be a golden board for the money, best value enthusiast board. Not sure about the x570 version but I assume it's also good.

Comment

I dunno man, your link shows 1080p at 50fps with 9900k.. right around where I said it would be. Looks CPU bound to me, with scores in order of CPU hierarchy.
                                                Note, MSFS does not support DX12 and has poor multicore optimization, relying on single thread IPC and frequency, which is why the intel chips are winning and why there's not much difference between 6 core 3600 and 12 core 3900x.

Hell, the 5700XT with 9900k is beating 2080Ti with 3900x. That screams CPU bound right there.

I fully expect AMD 5 series will be faster than everything given its IPC increase. This CPU launch is gonna be huge - it will have both IPC and core count dominance. I can't remember the last time this happened.

EDIT/ Oh, you removed links, well anyway, GG sir

Z490 MSI Unify is known to be a golden board for the money, best value enthusiast board. Not sure about the x570 version but I assume it's also good.
                                                I rewrote the post, because it was way to much. All those results where right after MSFS release, there have been patches since that have improved performance (specifically GPU). Also, as I said above, it is also dependent on location, as the game does not have a Built in Benchmark.
                                                Last edited by NWR_Midnight; Nov 5, 2020, 01:46 AM.

Comment

Cool buddy. Yes performance is extremely dependant on location. Large cities and 'landmark' handmade airports (visible on world map) with full AI and traffic are very taxing. Probably the most demanding title I can think of.
                                                  It really needs DX12 support which I believe is coming. Or maybe it just needs a 5950x

Comment

Demo is that GSkill ram any good or am I better off with a 3600 C16 kit? Thought AMD cared more about MHz rather than timings.

Comment

What G-skill RAM?

EDIT/ Derp, the 4000mhz c19 in your post.

I'm not really the person to be asking, I've never owned a Ryzen chip. Without knowing exact kits and their voltages, I assume 1.35v, the 3600 has slightly better latency and 4000 kit more bandwidth. Bandwidth is generally better for games but latency is also important. A couple things to consider - with AMD you can't go beyond IF and memory speed ratio of 1:1 without incurring a latency/performance penalty, so you'll have to drop to 3600 for a 1:1 ratio unless you OC IF. You might be lucky to get mem to 3800 I suppose?

Knowing that, you may as well get the 3600 kit as it'll work out of the box without having to downclock and tune for best timings - it's already configured. You can always OC it to 3800 with little effort too, if you can maintain 1:1 ratio with IF. Should probably wait for reviews, higher end 5 series might be able to push IF further than previous gen, in which case it would be nice to have RAM that is known to work at those speeds.

I actually have a 4000mhz kit on order too but mistakenly thought 5 series IF was good up to 2000mhz with 4000mhz RAM when I read AMD's comments. As Hapy correctly pointed out, that's only if you're lucky enough to reach 2000mhz via OC.. So I suspect around 3800-3900 might be achievable for average n00bs like us.
                                                      Last edited by demo; Nov 5, 2020, 03:16 AM.

Comment

I moved back to 3600 ram c16. Everything else is too rich for my blood.

Check this out on @Newegg: G.SKILL Trident Z Neo (For AMD Ryzen) Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin RGB DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3600 (PC4 28800) Desktop Memory Model F4-3600C16D-32GTZNC

Comment

I edited post ^

Good move I think KAC. May as well try and find a set with even tighter timings knowing you will likely be limited to around 3600-3800.

I have 4000MHz CL15 on order. Will likely have to drop speeds, hopefully timings can be reduced. I'll test it against my current kit running at 3733 CL14.

Comment

Ok great. I am still contemplating dropping almost 1100 bones on board proc and ram. Quite conflicted tbh. If I don’t nab a 5900X today this whole build will be postponed till Jan/Feb timeframe.

Comment

You get 3600 CAS14 not 16.... GSKILL Royal.
                                                              Intel Core i9 10900K @ 5.2GHz, Asus Maximus XII Apex, GSkill Trident-Z Royal DDR4 3200MHz 32GB CAS11, Asus Strix 3080Ti OC, Creative Labs SXFI Theater, Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB, Corsair AXI 1500i PSU, ThermalTake View 71, Corsair K95 Platinum RGB, Corsair Dark Core RGB SE, Acer Predator X34, Windows 10 Professional X64

Comment

I am not going to go stupid with the ram Hapa. I am not made of money unlike some other members on this forum. For me 1100 is a lot for board proc and ram and I have never spent that kind of money ever on these 3 components.

Comment

Should I go run and get myself a new Ryzen 5K at Microcenter? 10+ in stock of all 4. Wonder if any lines this morning.

Comment

Originally posted by Nascar24 View Post
                                                                    Should I go run and get myself a new Ryzen 5K at Microcenter? 10+ in stock of all 4. Wonder if any lines this morning.
                                                                    Why would you not? Wtf?

Comment

For anyone trying to figure out the ****ing motherboards.
                                                                      https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gid=2112472504

Comment

Why would you not? Wtf?
                                                                        I don't think it makes sense for 4K.

Comment

Went to microcenter at 7:00am, they gave out voucher, i was able to get 5900x one. Was probably 30th in line.
                                                                          "I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."

Comment

Jebus, the 5xxx stock lasted for seconds at the retailers.

I hope this isn't another 3080 situation.

Comment

Originally posted by Mangler View Post
                                                                              Jebus, the 5xxx stock lasted for seconds at the retailers.

I hope this isn't another 3080 situation.
                                                                              Looks like it.

Comment

Originally posted by CyanBlues View Post
                                                                                Went to microcenter at 7:00am, they gave out voucher, i was able to get 5900x one. Was probably 30th in line.
                                                                                Jesus f'ing Christ! MC and their f'ing vouchers.... they must looove seeing people stand in line like it was 1983....

Comment

Got 5800X because couldn’t grab the 5900X. Oh well.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                  X