Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any general time frame for when the next generation of video cards is coming out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any general time frame for when the next generation of video cards is coming out?

I'd like to build a new PC for college over the summer, however I currently have a 6600GT, and don't feel like merely upgrading to one of the current gen cards(it's agp though, and I want to go pci express). Any idea if any next gen cards will be out before the end of summer, or shortly thereafter?

Seems they usually release a new batch of cards the day after I order one.

Greg
    No longer here

Comment

Well what are you waiting for, order one now so I can get a G70 or R500!

Comment

Nvidia should "launch" theirs on the 21st of this month. Ati should be "launching" theirs the 27th of July. I can only speculate as to when they will actually be available for purchase at normal retail price.
        "In the beginning, the universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry, and has been widely regarded as a bad idea." - Douglas Adams

Comment

The Geforce 7800 series will be launched on the 21st of this month, that's pretty much a certainty now. I don't think anyone outside of ATI really knows when R520 will be launched, however. I've seen speculation stating that R520 will be launched somewhere between July 26th and the end of October. Let's hope it's sooner rather than later.
          Praise be to the God and father of our lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead.

Comment

And don't forget how ridiculously expensive they are for the first 4 months :X

Comment

Originally posted by Comit
              And don't forget how ridiculously expensive they are for the first 4 months :X
              Pfft are these cards going to be DX9 agian? If so I'll just go for the top end card of the previous generation as its price should drop like a rock(Although.....the R9800XT was kinda of an odd ball in that case)
              -Trunks0
              not speaking for all and if I am wrong I never said it.
              (plz note that is meant as a joke)

System:
              Asus TUF Gaming X570-Pro - AMD Ryzen 7 5800x - Noctua NH-D15S chromax.Black - 32gb of G.Skill Trident Z NEO - Asus DRW-24F1ST DVD±RW - Samsung 850 Evo 250Gib - 4TiB Seagate - XFX MERC 308 Radeon RX 6600XT - Creative AE-5 Plus - Windows 10 64-bit

Comment

Working...
              X