Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASUS Radeon Xpress (for Intel) with AMR sighted (CeBit)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ASUS Radeon Xpress (for Intel) with AMR sighted (CeBit)

the P5RD2-MVP (with AMR)

and the non AMR Version (P5RD1-V):

These Boards (at least the non AMR Version I guess) should be out very soon (already listet in some european online shops)

ATI launched the Intel version of it's Radeon Xpress 200 Chipset today:
    http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/050311/115046_1.html
    Last edited by Tarkin; Mar 11, 2005, 04:29 AM.

OMG

Jawed

Comment

This is pretty awesome but I now don't know if SLI and AMR are all their cracked up to be.

If you read http://www.beyond3d.com/reviews/nvidia/sli/ Nvidia's SLI isn't exactly the savior for low end adopter and at the high where you can so to speak unleash the beast you're often just make an awesome situation...awesomer but probably for no good reason.

I would imagine ATI would have to deal with similar issues but I guess if they have a better implementation maybe they could avoid some the pitfalls Nvidia has fell in to.

Just a word of caustion. I could be wrong.
      Windows XP Home Edition SP2
      Catalyst 5.7, AMD 3000+ @2.4GHz, Thermaltake Polo @4000RPM, Chaintech VNF-250 Nforce3, ANTEC 430Watt PSU, 1 Gig DDR 333 @400MHz 2T timing, Sapphire Radeon X800Pro Vivo 256MB - 16 pipes unlocked @ 510/550 - stock cooling, 7.1 X-Mystique Gold Edition, Maxtor SATA 120GB-8MB cache, Western Digital 40GB-8MB cache

Comment

i swear to god if they dont make an AMD version of the Xpress200 with AMR there will be murders!
        I don't always lie, but when I do, I always tell the truth.
        Shivtr | Free Guild Hosting

Comment

Originally posted by snookums
          i swear to god if they dont make an AMD version of the Xpress200 with AMR there will be murders!
          Baby murders?
          There is no spoon...

Comment

Originally posted by Kombatant
            Baby murders?
            we can always hope!

Comment

Forget Intel,

Give me the Sapphire board linked off the frontpage over at Xtremesystems. That thing is going to rock.

And as other have said, "Hey ATi! Do not forget about AMD with dual graphic card ability!"
              Last edited by Blacklash; Mar 11, 2005, 10:50 AM.

Comment

you mean this one?
                http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...ad.php?t=55734
                manufacturer installed watercoolin

its got EVERYTHING i want in a new mobo (SATA2, NCQ, Realtek Audio) except the one thing that most interests me... AMR!

Comment

you mean this one?

its got EVERYTHING i want in a new mobo (SATA2, NCQ, Realtek Audio) except the one thing that most interests me... AMR!
                  Yes I do hope ATI doesn't forget us AMD fans and does release a dual graphics card capable mobo on AMD. I'd like to rather see AMD and ATi take it to nVidia and Intel.

Comment

snookums and I will be a suicide commando if ATI won't realease an AMD chipset by the end of the summer

Anybody interested in joining our suicide commando?
                    If it aint broke, don't fix it

Antec SLK3000B
                    Intel i5 4570 (Haswell) || Gigabyte H87-D3H || 4GB Corsair 1333MHZ DDR3 ||
                    XFX Radeon H5770 || Viewsonic VX2025WM 20.1" LCD ||
                    1x Samsung 840 Evo 120GB || 1x WD Caviar Black 500GB || 1x WD Caviar Blue 1TB || Asus DVD+-RW SATA ||
                    Seasonic X650 Gold || Cyperpower CP1000PFCLCD UPS

Comment

Originally posted by Neo Hacker
                      snookums and I will be a suicide commando if ATI won't realease an AMD chipset by the end of the summer

Anybody interested in joining our suicide commando?
                      Yeah it should be a Fatwa or something. I will join your righteous Jihad.

Comment

Originally posted by Blacklash
                        Yeah it should be a Fatwa or something. I will join your righteous Jihad.
                        haha we'ld bring NVidia's cards into the ATI building. Wondering if they have NVidia's cards detectors

Antec SLK3000B
                        1x Samsung 840 Evo 120GB || 1x WD Caviar Black 500GB || 1x WD Caviar Blue 1TB || Asus DVD+-RW SATA ||

Comment

it's not called AMR btw, ATI is using MVP... at least for now.
                          Evidence is in the name of the ASUS board, P5RD2-MVP

Comment

Originally posted by Ratchet
                            it's not called AMR btw, ATI is using MVP... at least for now.
                            Evidence is in the name of the ASUS board, P5RD2-MVP
                            So what does MVP stands for?

Antec SLK3000B

Comment

Multiple Visual Processors or something like that probably

Comment

Originally posted by Neo Hacker
                                So what does MVP stands for?
                                ok, from now on ATi's MVP Technology will be known as ATi's MVP (which is the stupidest marketing name ever) Technology.

everyone on board?
                                good.

now, back to planning the assault on ATIHQ

Comment

ok, from now on ATi's MVP Technology will be known as ATi's MVP (which is the stupidest marketing name ever) Technology.

everyone on board?
                                  good.

now, back to planning the assault on ATIHQ
                                  I should be available on 13th August. If ATI didn't respond for AMD cpus, I might take a flight to ATI's HQ. Is that date ok for you?...lol

Antec SLK3000B

Comment

you mean this one?

Why does that board look... gay?

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck
                                      Why does that board look... gay?
                                      because YOU touch yourself at night.

Comment

because YOU touch yourself at night.
                                        hahhahahahaha

Why should a board look gay or straight, you arent going to bed with it, you doof.

Comment

If I had been doing the colors on the sapphire board I would have had a black board with a few silver and grey lines where appropriate. I would have kept the big a$$ ATi sig on the board back and made the SATA and dimms red/white. Guess it's a matter of taste. I do think the white is a bit LOUD.

IMO AMR sounds better than MVP. Isn't that the name Food Lion has on their discount cards?

Anyway you have the A like in ATi and it's one letter away from AMD baby
                                          Last edited by Blacklash; Mar 12, 2005, 11:13 PM.

Comment

how many black PCBs do you see... lots
                                            how mnay white PCBs do you see... none! (well, one now. shutup.)

think about have that ***** will glow with a nice UV cathode!

Comment

how many black PCBs do you see... lots
                                              how mnay white PCBs do you see... none! (well, one now. shutup.)

think about have that ***** will glow with a nice UV cathode!
                                              ATI's typical colors : White and Red

Asus's typical colors : Heh?

MSI's typical colors : None

ATI:1 - Others:0

Antec SLK3000B

Comment

White mainboards have been done before such as the Abit ST6E. MVP is a good name 'cause it relates to ATI's "Visual Processing Unit" moniker and is of course a commonly used acronym for "Most Valued Player".
                                                Look on the bright side, one day our sun will supernova red giant and this won't even be a memory.

Comment

the P5RD1-V (without AMR) is already available...

http://www.watch.impress.co.jp/akiba...tc_p5rd1v.html

I guess some reviews should be out soon

Comment

Working...
                                                  X