Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Retro topic: CRTs

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #41
    Originally posted by Elysian View Post
    Probably the same Trinitron I have, which I'm about to sell so I don't have to move it cross country Huge, heavy thing, but the picture and inputs cannot be matched on a CRT.
    I’ll never forget carrying that monster up 2 flights of stairs

    Edit: My picture was going dark, at full brightness, but I wasn’t really aware because it looked ok on the win desktop. Oddly enough, that run through Half Life, with it darker than it should have been, remains one of my all time best gaming experiences. Quite tense

    Comment


      #42
      Originally posted by Lazy8s View Post
      I’ll never forget carrying that monster up 2 flights of stairs

      Edit: My picture was going dark, at full brightness, but I wasn’t really aware because it looked ok on the win desktop. Oddly enough, that run through Half Life, with it darker than it should have been, remains one of my all time best gaming experiences. Quite tense
      I got mine upstairs on my own Killed my back.
      Originally posted by IamHere
      You guys are closet communists.

      Comment


        #43
        Originally posted by 12Bass View Post
        The recent LG OLEDs with 120Hz BFI should have pretty good motion resolution.
        They do, but you can't use it for gaming unless you turn off the low latency stuff. Otherwise it has pretty bad stuttering on panning scenes. I've always found it pretty annoying, but is what it is.

        i9 9900KF/Corsair H100i
        Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master
        EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra
        32GB G.Skill DDR3 3200
        Corsair HX1000W
        Corsair 600T Silver Edition
        Corsair Nightsword Mouse/Logitech G15 Keyboard
        LG CX 48"

        i5 3570k/OEM Cooler
        Asus Sabretooth Z77
        Asus ROG 1080Ti Strix
        16GB G.Skill DDR3 2600
        Corsair CX750M
        Lian Li Lancool II Mesh
        Logtech G703 Mouse/Logitech G915 Keyboard

        Comment


          #44
          Had a guy drop into my workplace a few weeks ago, looking for retro CRTs. Looking at what I have here (broadcast company), we have a couple that might fit the bill. For reference, he said his favorites are PVM-20L5, JVC V1910CG, and BVM-A14F5M. I guess I didn't realize this was a thing.

          I have a couple Panasonic BT H1390YN, and a couple JVC-TM-H150CG models. Is there actually value in these things?

          Comment


            #45
            PVMs or BVMs with any kind of RGB input are very sought after now, and sell for hundreds or even thousands of dollars.

            Check out sold listings: https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...&LH_Complete=1
            Originally posted by KAC
            To be honest I never even found doom 3 to be scary since I have a big dick since birth.

            Ryzen 5 5600x - radeon 6700xt - 32 gigs memory


            Nintendo: NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds
            Sega: Sega Master System, Genesis, 32x, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast, Game Gear
            Sony: PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
            Microsoft: og xbox, xbox360, xbone, series 3
            Atari: Atari 2600, 7800
            Neo Geo: Neo Geo Pocket Color
            Other: Colecovision, Intellivision, Vectrex

            riva tnt
            tnt2
            geforce2mx
            kyro 2
            radeon 8500
            radeon 9600
            radeon 9800pro
            radeon x800pro
            geforce 8800gtx
            radeon 6850
            radeon 280
            radeon 580
            radeon 6700xt

            Comment


              #46
              Not a single picture I've taken of my Toshiba in motion is blurry. Panning obviously would require a movie to show but just anything in motion is extremely clear.



              I love you Joanna Jędrzejczyk!

              Comment


                #47
                Originally posted by KAC
                To be honest I never even found doom 3 to be scary since I have a big dick since birth.

                Ryzen 5 5600x - radeon 6700xt - 32 gigs memory


                Nintendo: NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds
                Sega: Sega Master System, Genesis, 32x, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast, Game Gear
                Sony: PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
                Microsoft: og xbox, xbox360, xbone, series 3
                Atari: Atari 2600, 7800
                Neo Geo: Neo Geo Pocket Color
                Other: Colecovision, Intellivision, Vectrex

                riva tnt
                tnt2
                geforce2mx
                kyro 2
                radeon 8500
                radeon 9600
                radeon 9800pro
                radeon x800pro
                geforce 8800gtx
                radeon 6850
                radeon 280
                radeon 580
                radeon 6700xt

                Comment


                  #48
                  Wow! what a collection you have SubCog. Can't believe I missed it. Yeah I love those little tubes too, they produce a great picture. That Toshiba looks dope, Anytime you want to show that off I'd be down.

                  I'm glad you're still enjoying them.
                  I love you Joanna Jędrzejczyk!

                  Comment


                    #49
                    Ive got some old tubes that need a new home, FREE, you pay shipping! Magnavox 27" TV and a Sony Trinitron 21" monitor.

                    Comment


                      #50
                      Originally posted by fO Che -USA- View Post
                      Wow! what a collection you have SubCog. Can't believe I missed it. Yeah I love those little tubes too, they produce a great picture. That Toshiba looks dope, Anytime you want to show that off I'd be down.

                      I'm glad you're still enjoying them.
                      Thanks!

                      Just a clarification, the Toshiba isn't mine. Looks like a sweet set though.
                      Originally posted by KAC
                      To be honest I never even found doom 3 to be scary since I have a big dick since birth.

                      Ryzen 5 5600x - radeon 6700xt - 32 gigs memory


                      Nintendo: NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds
                      Sega: Sega Master System, Genesis, 32x, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast, Game Gear
                      Sony: PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
                      Microsoft: og xbox, xbox360, xbone, series 3
                      Atari: Atari 2600, 7800
                      Neo Geo: Neo Geo Pocket Color
                      Other: Colecovision, Intellivision, Vectrex

                      riva tnt
                      tnt2
                      geforce2mx
                      kyro 2
                      radeon 8500
                      radeon 9600
                      radeon 9800pro
                      radeon x800pro
                      geforce 8800gtx
                      radeon 6850
                      radeon 280
                      radeon 580
                      radeon 6700xt

                      Comment


                        #51
                        Just posted mine up for sale locally, what a unit.



                        Look at all those inputs.

                        Originally posted by IamHere
                        You guys are closet communists.

                        Comment


                          #52
                          Originally posted by Elysian View Post
                          Just posted mine up for sale locally, what a unit.
                          I think I have pretty much the same one (might be a different year model). I wouldn't sell mine though. Going to keep it until it dies.

                          How much are you asking for yours?

                          Comment


                            #53
                            Originally posted by Meteor_of_War View Post
                            I think I have pretty much the same one (might be a different year model). I wouldn't sell mine though. Going to keep it until it dies.

                            How much are you asking for yours?
                            Listed it for 300, considering much smaller ones are going for as much as $200.
                            Originally posted by IamHere
                            You guys are closet communists.

                            Comment


                              #54
                              That is a 27"?

                              Comment


                                #55
                                Originally posted by Meteor_of_War View Post
                                That is a 27"?
                                32", this is the model:

                                https://www.cnet.com/products/sony-k...crt-tv-series/
                                Originally posted by IamHere
                                You guys are closet communists.

                                Comment


                                  #56
                                  Originally posted by Elysian View Post
                                  Oh, you've got the bigger version of mine then. Awesome.

                                  Good luck with the sale, let us know if you manage to sell it at that price.

                                  Comment


                                    #57
                                    Yeah it seems like CRTs are becoming much more in-demand now, but people don't want to deal with the really big ones anymore... Everyone's getting rid of anything bigger than 27inch.

                                    My largest is 32 inch. I often see craigslist ads for 36-40 inch models, but geez I don't need to deal with that hassle.
                                    Originally posted by KAC
                                    To be honest I never even found doom 3 to be scary since I have a big dick since birth.

                                    Ryzen 5 5600x - radeon 6700xt - 32 gigs memory


                                    Nintendo: NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds
                                    Sega: Sega Master System, Genesis, 32x, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast, Game Gear
                                    Sony: PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
                                    Microsoft: og xbox, xbox360, xbone, series 3
                                    Atari: Atari 2600, 7800
                                    Neo Geo: Neo Geo Pocket Color
                                    Other: Colecovision, Intellivision, Vectrex

                                    riva tnt
                                    tnt2
                                    geforce2mx
                                    kyro 2
                                    radeon 8500
                                    radeon 9600
                                    radeon 9800pro
                                    radeon x800pro
                                    geforce 8800gtx
                                    radeon 6850
                                    radeon 280
                                    radeon 580
                                    radeon 6700xt

                                    Comment


                                      #58
                                      Mine is 27" and I wouldn't mind upgrading to a 32" if I could. Just wouldn't want to carry it in though. I think I'll just stay content with my 27".

                                      Comment

                                      Working...
                                      X