Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Returnal (PS5 April 2021)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #41
    Originally posted by Lazy8s View Post


    Some of the reasons I enjoy it so much is how they worked around the points you made, which I also agree with regarding other games like it.

    Weapons proficiency is literally given to you as pickups + higher tier weapons are commonly dropped, and some are ridiculously OP, but that’s a necessity in this game.

    You don’t have to fight a boss again if you die. You can run the level for pickups if you want to, but you’re also given a way to bypass what you already beat, if you choose to do so.

    So that’s the ‘progression’ factor > and little to no grinding required. Plus, as the story (and it’s a solid, spooky as hell story) advances and as you advance, you acquire permanent items/perks (like and alien katana ) that stay with you no matter what….

    And then there’s parasites which are a really cool way to add modifiers….

    I do understand it isn’t for everyone though. But this particular game stands far apart from the usual rogue like
    Yeah and keep in mind my thoughts on it are from a standpoint of just watching videos/reviews. For all I know playing it could change my mind.

    If it ever comes to PC maybe I'll give it a shot.

    Comment


      #42
      Originally posted by Meteor_of_War View Post
      Yeah and keep in mind my thoughts on it are from a standpoint of just watching videos/reviews. For all I know playing it could change my mind.

      If it ever comes to PC maybe I'll give it a shot.
      And you know me. Pretty, shiny and lots of explosions = addicted

      Comment


        #43
        I think this game is for the retired or the ultra rich. Since those are the two boys who liked it.

        Comment


          #44
          Originally posted by KAC View Post
          I think this game is for the retired or the ultra rich. Since those are the two boys who liked it.

          Comment


            #45
            You guys win. Questions asked, answers ignored and blatant crying and sniveling trolls.

            I’m out of the gaming forums. You win.

            Comment


              #46
              Come on we have to joke. Live a little. Nothing wrong with you liking a game.

              Comment


                #47
                I purchased the new souls game when it hit. It was just too difficult and I regret buying it. I should have known better. Anywho, don't want to make that mistake again regarding Returnal .

                Comment


                  #48
                  Originally posted by Dungeoncrawler View Post
                  I purchased the new souls game when it hit. It was just too difficult and I regret buying it. I should have known better. Anywho, don't want to make that mistake again regarding Returnal .
                  You can return the game.

                  Comment


                    #49
                    Originally posted by KAC View Post
                    You can return the game.
                    I purchased it with a certificate from gamestop

                    Comment


                      #50
                      Originally posted by Dungeoncrawler View Post
                      I purchased it with a certificate from gamestop
                      My 13 year old son is playing Elden Ring right now and killing it. I gave him some guidance on the basics and advised him on his starting build choices, and it really makes the game easier. He just beat Margot on his 2nd attempt.

                      Just look up some beginner guides. Once you get past that initial learning curve and have a well planned build you can really dial the game difficulty down. Elden Ring gives you a lot of options to make it easier that previous Souls games do not. You just need a little patience in the beginning.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X