Ghost of Tsushima (PS4)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tyr-Sog View Post
    I just transferred my PS4 saves to the directors cut and it put me in a new area. Also it’s gave me all kinds of trophies for some reason. I did not want that to happen
    Oh never mind about the trophies. It was just transferring the PS4 trophies to PS5 version.
    Justin

Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 5 G1 - nVidia Gigabyte RTX 3070 OC - Samsung EVO 850 SSD - Intel I5 6600K - crucial 16GB DDR4 - Intel 240ssd5 & WD 1TB 7200rpm - corsair 750ps - HP OMEN 27i -
    - corsair spec alpha carbide series case - corsair K70 Rapidfire RGB MX keyboard - Logitech G502 - Sennheiser G4ME One Headset

MSI GE62 Apache Pro Gaming Laptop - nVidia 970m - Intel I7 5700 - 16GB DDR3 - 128ssd & 1TB 7200rpm

XBone - TyrSog76
    PSN - - Tyr-Sog_
    Steam - Tyr-Sog

Comment

Originally posted by KAC View Post
      I meant if you had Plat the original which is what I did.
      Then no,

it's for sure sharper, and the dualsense is nice.

But unless you're dying to play again, I don't see much point.
      Fantards the scourge of the universe:

Comment

Originally posted by SirBaron View Post
        Then no,

it's for sure sharper, and the dualsense is nice.

But unless you're dying to play again, I don't see much point.
        That's where I'm at. It's already a gorgeous, insanely fun title to play.

Comment

Even the home delivery guy wants 60 bucks for it. Guess will wait for sale because it is going to tank as a game. Also not many people have PS5 anyway.

Comment

I bought the upgrade yesterday for $30 and i think its well worth it. Does anyone know if one can safely delete the PS4 version?
            “A common mistake people make, when trying to design something completely foolproof, is to underestimate ingenuity of complete fools” - Douglas Adams

Comment

I will definitely whip out $30 for the upgrade once my PS5 arrives. But for KAC, if you sold the original, $70 bucks for just the upgrade doesn’t make much sense. Can’t you resell the new version once done anyway? So is it really $70. More Ghosts of Tsushima is always a good thing!

Comment

For a 20 dolla hooka I will bite in a coupla months.

Comment

Originally posted by Jankan View Post
                  I bought the upgrade yesterday for $30 and i think its well worth it. Does anyone know if one can safely delete the PS4 version?
                  I only have ps5 version installed.

Comment

I uninstalled the PS4 version after importing my latest save over to the PS5 version and making a few new ones.

Comment

Saw the update videos and the Island alone is not worth 60 for me about now. Will definitely purchase once it is cheaper.

Comment

Saw the update videos and the Island alone is not worth 60 for me about now. Will definitely purchase once it is cheaper.
                        you can also befriend more animals and pet 'em easily worth 60 bucks

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"Time is the school in which we learn, Time is the fire in which we burn. *Delmore Schwartz*

Comment

Originally posted by Silent-Runner View Post
                          you can also befriend more animals and pet 'em easily worth 60 bucks
                          I have enough of those on Rage3D.

Comment

Did anyone try this yet? Any feedback? I am waiting for my PS5 to arrive before I jump in. Just wondering how it is.

Comment

Try what?

It's basically slightly more accurate shadow projection, much sharper, and dualsense support which also works well.

I mean the game it self is great, if you are itching to play it again the PS5 version is the way to go, but it's not like a OMG need now type of upgrade.

Comment

I stopped playing games on the hard mode years ago but
                                I wish I would have with this game.
                                On medium it's pretty damn easy.
                                Justin

Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 5 G1 - nVidia Gigabyte RTX 3070 OC - Samsung EVO 850 SSD - Intel I5 6600K - crucial 16GB DDR4 - Intel 240ssd5 & WD 1TB 7200rpm - corsair 750ps - HP OMEN 27i -
                                - corsair spec alpha carbide series case - corsair K70 Rapidfire RGB MX keyboard - Logitech G502 - Sennheiser G4ME One Headset

MSI GE62 Apache Pro Gaming Laptop - nVidia 970m - Intel I7 5700 - 16GB DDR3 - 128ssd & 1TB 7200rpm

XBone - TyrSog76
                                PSN - - Tyr-Sog_
                                Steam - Tyr-Sog

Comment

I did get to Iki Island. I headed over there the first chance I could. Probably not recommended to do it that way as it’s mostly end game level content. I headed over with limited armor and upgrades, none of the cheating resolve powers, and none of the blow guns. It’s fun and feels a little more Dark Souls as enemies can take down more than half your health when they hit and you have to nub at them a while to take them down. Did the Mystic Tale that gives the new armor set and the duel at the end was pretty epic. Died about twenty times before learning the right moves to end that bastard. Your hits barely touch him and some of his 3 hit combos are insta kill no matter how much health you have. Fun!!

Comment

After finally finishing Nioh + all the DLCs, Ghost of Tsushima is #1 on my list of games I want to play next. But I keep seeing rumors of it coming to PC sometime next year which is making me hesitant.

Also I don't have PS5, just PS4 Pro so I'm wondering about the improved performance benefits I could take advantage of. All I really care about is better framerate (60 fps at least). I see articles online mentioning the PS4 Pro has the option to choose prioritizing an improved resolution or an improved framerate. But does that mean 60 fps?

I think knowing this would greatly help me decide. If it just "smooths" the framerate but essentially still stays around 30 fps I'll probably just wait.

Comment

It’s 30 fps. It’s a crazy beautiful 30 fps, but still only 30. I didn’t see a major difference between the 4 and 5, but with your sensitivity to frame rate it might affect you. It would be great if a friend had it on the 4 pro so you could sample it first hand….

Comment

I unfortunately have grown very sensitive to low framerate in any game. Might still give it a shot though, but I want to try to get the game cheap in case its unbearable. Cheapest I'm finding it at retail right now is $40, but I think I might be able to get it used for $20-25 if I watch Ebay for a few weeks.

We'll see. Maybe it will work out for the best and I'll end up just waiting for a PC release.

Comment

The only input I can really offer is that 30 fps in this looks absolutely nothing like 30 fps Bloodborne. The entire experience was super smooth for me…but then :again, I don’t have that sensitivity so…grain of salt

Comment

Originally posted by Lazy8s View Post
                                            The only input I can really offer is that 30 fps in this looks absolutely nothing like 30 fps Bloodborne. The entire experience was super smooth for me…but then :again, I don’t have that sensitivity so…grain of salt
                                            Well, the thing about Bloodborne's framerate/frametime issues being unusually bad is what's making me still want to give Ghost a shot.

But after all that complaining I did of BB giving me bad nausea and/or simulation sickness I tested with some other 30 fps games I have on PS4 - Batman Arkham Knight and MGS Ground Zeroes. They both gave me the motion sickness feeling too.

Comment

The 30 FPS on the PS4 pro was consistent and much better than BB. But, it does shine on PS5. Locked 60 FPS is noticeably smoother. Especially during heavy action. That said, there was never the frame drops you had in Bloodborne on the PS4 pro. I had no complaints when I played it on my PS4 pro. It’s as smooth as any game on the PS4 Pro and looks amazing. Graphically there is nothing really that much different on PS5 version. The 4K is supposed to be less checkerboard but my old eyes didn’t see any difference.

Comment

I agree with SD, but bears repeating, the chance of that nausea may not be worth it.

If you’re really itching for something new, Horizon Zero Dawn + DLC is just amazing. It’s one of my all time favorites, and it’s available on PC

Comment

Originally posted by SD-[Inc] View Post
                                                  The 30 FPS on the PS4 pro was consistent and much better than BB. But, it does shine on PS5. Locked 60 FPS is noticeably smoother. Especially during heavy action. That said, there was never the frame drops you had in Bloodborne on the PS4 pro. I had no complaints when I played it on my PS4 pro. It’s as smooth as any game on the PS4 Pro and looks amazing. Graphically there is nothing really that much different on PS5 version. The 4K is supposed to be less checkerboard but my old eyes didn’t see any difference.
                                                  Thanks for that feedback. I'm not concerned about any graphical differences I'd be missing out on, or 4K support. Smooth framerate is all that I'm ever worried about.

Guess I'll just find something else to play for now and keep an eye out for a deal. Or just end up waiting for a PC release. Rumor mill believes it may be released on Steam by the second half of 2022. They base this on amount of time it took for other PlayStation exclusives to come to PC like Horizon Zero Dawn, Days Gone, God of War, etc.

I agree with SD, but bears repeating, the chance of that nausea may not be worth it.

If you’re really itching for something new, Horizon Zero Dawn + DLC is just amazing. It’s one of my all time favorites, and it’s available on PC
                                                  Yeah, Horizon Zero Dawn was next on my list.

Comment

HZD is one of the few games out there that I have very little to nitpick about. That says a lot coming from me

I don’t think you’ll be disappointed if/when you eventually play it.

Comment

HZD is one of the few games out there that I have very little to nitpick about. That says a lot coming from me

I don’t think you’ll be disappointed if/when you eventually play it.
                                                      Oh I will definitely be playing it. Just haven't gotten around to it yet. Maybe now is finally the time.

Comment

both are outstanding games, you'd really miss out if you skip one. Ghost of Tsushima is perfectly playable on a PS4 Pro, no hickups, very smooth. Of course that's just my very own experience.

"Time is the school in which we learn, Time is the fire in which we burn. *Delmore Schwartz*

Comment

both are outstanding games, you'd really miss out if you skip one. Ghost of Tsushima is perfectly playable on a PS4 Pro, no hickups, very smooth. Of course that's just my very own experience.
                                                          I plan to play both eventually. Just might wait a while until i can definitely play Ghost at 60 fps. Either on PS5 or if/when it comes to PC. Preferably on PC.

Comment

Finally got this on PS5. Awesome game in coop, so much fun. Looks and runs great too.
                                                            CROSSHAIR X670E HERO / R7 7700X / RTX 4090 GAMING OC / TRIDENT Z5 NEO RGB 6000 CL30 / SAMSUNG 980pro 1TB / 2x SAMSUNG 980 1TB / H150i ELITE LCD / ATH-A2000Z / HX1200 / AW3821DW 38" / LG C2 OLED evo 55" / Enthoo 719 / K70 MKII + Zowie S2 / K57 + Harpoon / Xbox Series X Controller / REVERB G2 V2
                                                            ____________________

Comment

Originally posted by demo View Post
                                                              Finally got this on PS5. Awesome game in coop, so much fun. Looks and runs great too.
                                                              It just gets better and better too

Comment

It's bloody great. The coop story missions are heaps of fun, but damn it gets hard
                                                                CROSSHAIR X670E HERO / R7 7700X / RTX 4090 GAMING OC / TRIDENT Z5 NEO RGB 6000 CL30 / SAMSUNG 980pro 1TB / 2x SAMSUNG 980 1TB / H150i ELITE LCD / ATH-A2000Z / HX1200 / AW3821DW 38" / LG C2 OLED evo 55" / Enthoo 719 / K70 MKII + Zowie S2 / K57 + Harpoon / Xbox Series X Controller / REVERB G2 V2
                                                                ____________________

Comment

still one of the best games out there

Comment

still one of the best games out there
                                                                    ^^

Comment

Man, I need Director cut to play it again on PS5. Been waiting for it to be a p+ game for a while but they put it on the higher tier.

Comment

Man, I need Director cut to play it again on PS5. Been waiting for it to be a p+ game for a while but they put it on the higher tier.
                                                                        get the higher tier, stop being so cheap
                                                                        “A common mistake people make, when trying to design something completely foolproof, is to underestimate ingenuity of complete fools” - Douglas Adams

Comment

Yeh I grabbed it with PS+ Extra

Having just got a PS5, I will say next gen game selection is rather limited. 90% of games are for PS4 while the other 10% are PS4 games with a bump in resolution or frame rate for PS5. Pretty disappointing. Ghost of Tsushima would have to be my favourite game on the platform TBH.
                                                                          ____________________

Comment

Horizon Forbidden West is dope af.

Comment

Working...
                                                                            X