Ghost of Tsushima (PS4)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ghost of Tsushima (PS4)

Anyone interested? Seems like the combat/stealth gameplay will be amazing.

Comes out mid-July.
    Originally posted by Ozziebloke
    I mean, yeah, sure, there's benefits to a shaved asshole. But get a little sweaty and try and blow a fart. It just sits there like a bubble. No hair to break the seal. Feels weird.

Alpha
    | Mobo: MSI P6N-SLI | CPU: Intel C2D E6600 @ 3.2ghz | Memory: 4GB (4x1GB) G.Skill DDR2-800 | Video Card: EVGA NVIDIA 8800GTX | Hard Drive(s): 2xMaxtor 200GB | Sound: Onboard 7.1 HD | DVD Writer: LITE-ON LDW-451S | Case: Coolermaster Centurion 5 | PSU: OCZ GameXstream 700w | Mouse: Logitech MX1000 | Keyboard: Logitech Cordless Desktop | Mousepad: fUnc Surface 1030 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD 280 | Monitor: LG L1751S-SN 17" LCD | Scanner: Canon LiDe 35 | OS: Vista Home Premium |

Omega

| Mobo: Asus A8V S939 VIA K8T800 Pro | CPU: Athlon 64 X2 3800+ "Manchester" | Memory: 2GB (2x1GB) OCZ PC3200 Platinum | Video Card: BBA AIW X800 XT | Hard Drive(s): Maxtor 100GB + Maxtor 200GB + WD 120GB | Sound: SB Audigy 2 ZS | DVD Writer: LITE-ON LDW-451S | DVD Reader: Memorex Generic | Case: Antec Lifestyle Sonata II | PSU: Antec 450w SmartPower 2.0 | Mouse: Logitech MX1000 | Keyboard: Logitech Cordless Desktop | Mousepad: fUnc Surface 1030 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD 280 | Monitor: LG L1751S-SN 17" LCD | Scanner: Canon LiDe 35 | OS: Windows XP Media Center Edition |

Of course. I need this day one. Sucker punch doesn’t disappoint.

Comment

Tentative here. I'm fascinated by the setting and would love a solid, story driven game in that setting, but if it's combat and mechanics are cheap Sekiro clones I won't buy it.

Waiting for end user feedback.

Comment

I think it’s gonna make Sekiro look like dog sh*t. I’ve seen the gameplay videos and it looks fantastic.

Bear in mind this is coming from someone who didn’t even beat the 1st level of Sekiro because I found the mechanics to be garbage.
        I mean, yeah, sure, there's benefits to a shaved asshole. But get a little sweaty and try and blow a fart. It just sits there like a bubble. No hair to break the seal. Feels weird.

Alpha
        | Mobo: MSI P6N-SLI | CPU: Intel C2D E6600 @ 3.2ghz | Memory: 4GB (4x1GB) G.Skill DDR2-800 | Video Card: EVGA NVIDIA 8800GTX | Hard Drive(s): 2xMaxtor 200GB | Sound: Onboard 7.1 HD | DVD Writer: LITE-ON LDW-451S | Case: Coolermaster Centurion 5 | PSU: OCZ GameXstream 700w | Mouse: Logitech MX1000 | Keyboard: Logitech Cordless Desktop | Mousepad: fUnc Surface 1030 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD 280 | Monitor: LG L1751S-SN 17" LCD | Scanner: Canon LiDe 35 | OS: Vista Home Premium |

Omega

| Mobo: Asus A8V S939 VIA K8T800 Pro | CPU: Athlon 64 X2 3800+ "Manchester" | Memory: 2GB (2x1GB) OCZ PC3200 Platinum | Video Card: BBA AIW X800 XT | Hard Drive(s): Maxtor 100GB + Maxtor 200GB + WD 120GB | Sound: SB Audigy 2 ZS | DVD Writer: LITE-ON LDW-451S | DVD Reader: Memorex Generic | Case: Antec Lifestyle Sonata II | PSU: Antec 450w SmartPower 2.0 | Mouse: Logitech MX1000 | Keyboard: Logitech Cordless Desktop | Mousepad: fUnc Surface 1030 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD 280 | Monitor: LG L1751S-SN 17" LCD | Scanner: Canon LiDe 35 | OS: Windows XP Media Center Edition |

Comment

Will be getting this for sure, I just hope it's authentic enough that my Japanese wife doesn't come out with a "comment".

Either way looks good, the enemies spotting you indicator reminds me of Ass Creed, I just hope this doesn't dissapoint me, been waiting for a decent game in this style set in Japan.
          Fantards the scourge of the universe:

Comment

Originally posted by Cyko View Post
            I think it’s gonna make Sekiro look like dog sh*t. I’ve seen the gameplay videos and it looks fantastic.

Bear in mind this is coming from someone who didn’t even beat the 1st level of Sekiro because I found the mechanics to be garbage.
            Sounds good to me. I haven't watched any of the videos. Really hope it's that good

Comment

Stupid gays. This game has nothing to do with Sekiro. This will be mostly like infamous married with Ass Creed and Witcher 3.

Comment

Originally posted by KAC View Post
                Stupid gays. This game has nothing to do with Sekiro. This will be mostly like infamous married with Ass Creed and Witcher 3.
                Yeah, I don't get the comparison either

Comment

Originally posted by Cynicalking View Post
                  Yeah, I don't get the comparison either
                  It's not a comparison. I haven't seen any footage, so I just expressed the hope that it's not like Sekiro.

Comment

Pre-ordered this today. Got bit by the ninja/samurai bug in Nioh 2.

Alpha

Omega

Comment

Not pre ordering. Will get it 1 day before release as physical copy. As PS4 is coming EOL I am more inclined to purchase physical copies so I can recoup some value when I sell the shite.

Comment

Not pre ordering. Will get it 1 day before release as physical copy. As PS4 is coming EOL I am more inclined to purchase physical copies so I can recoup some value when I sell the shite.
                        EOL by Nov/Dec. How much value do you think you’re going to recoup by that point? $5?

Alpha

Omega

Comment

Pre-ordered this today. Got bit by the ninja/samurai bug in Nioh 2.
                          I'll wait. As of 7/1 I won't be able to hold a controller so there's no point in hurrying. I'll be able to read some solid reviews from you guys I hope...

Comment

Originally posted by Lazy8s View Post
                            I'll wait. As of 7/1 I won't be able to hold a controller so there's no point in hurrying. I'll be able to read some solid reviews from you guys I hope...
                            You’re going to miss the Nioh 2 DLC!?!?

Alpha

Omega

Comment

EOL by Nov/Dec. How much value do you think you’re going to recoup by that point? $5?
                              Games can usually go for about 20-40$ depending on game. PS4 can go for about 150 for a non pro (which is the one I will sell) and about 250 for a PRO which I will keep downstairs.

Comment

You’re going to miss the Nioh 2 DLC!?!?
                                At launch yes I literally have no idea what to replace my gaming time with. Might be time to hook back up with my Spanish tutors lol.

On topic, because sometimes a little spoilery stuff doesn't bother me much, I watched a couple of videos on Ghosts, and it looks pretty sweet. I don't play many games that don't have a supernatural/monsters etc type component to them - just my personal preference - so this will be a little bit of new territory for me, but controls, build tweaks, combat, all look to be super satisfying.

I really hope it is

Comment

Damn man, that sucks. I’ll play it for you

Re: GoT, I can’t wait. Like the ability to go samurai or ghost. Reminds me of splinter cell with its ghost/panther/etc. options.

Alpha

Omega

Comment

I want the game, but **** I have so many games >.<

I have way too much games, not enough life to play them.

If I don't snuff it before retirement, Gunna take about me about 10 years to catchup on my backlog.

Comment

I am so hyped about this game that I am assuming I will be severely disappointed in it. Might be another case of Days Gone.

This Sushi eating Ghost needs to deliver. I loved Infamous games.

Comment

Is this suppose to be a souls clone regarding difficulty?

Comment

Originally posted by Dungeoncrawler View Post
                                          Is this suppose to be a souls clone regarding difficulty?
                                          I has (I think) 3 difficulty settings.

Comment

I has (I think) 3 difficulty settings.
                                            I hope so - thank you.

update:
                                            According to Sucker Punch co-founder Chris Zimmerman Ghost of Tsushima will accommodate all levels of players, from the casual "tourists" to the crustiest of hardcores.

https://wccftech.com/ghost-of-tsushi...ulty-settings/

Comment

Of course that’s because it is an infamous dev.

Comment

Being hardcore doesn’t make you crusty, KACkles mom does. Still waiting on that shipment of ointment there KACkles ^scratch scratch scratch^

Alpha

Omega

Comment

man the mental images

Comment

man the mental images
                                                    Your imagination serves you well....

^scratch scratch scratch^

Alpha

Omega

Comment

7 days... seven more days. The hype is real. My body is ready.

Alpha

Omega

Comment

Sucker Punch actually got the Kurosawa estate's blessing for its Ghost of Tsushima filter

Ghost of Tsushima is nearly out, which means it's time for Sucker Punch to really start promoting it. The filter previously known as "Cinema Mode" that was clearly paying homage to old school Japanese films is now officially titled "Kurosawa Mode," and they have the receipts to prove that they actually did their homework to earn that moniker.

Speaking to Entertainment Weekly, creative directors Nate Fox and Jason Connell state that Sanjuro was perhaps their biggest influence for the game, especially in regards to the standoff mechanic that Tsushima features. But they went a step further and actually reached out to the Kurosawa estate (influential director Akira Kurosawa passed away in 1998) to get their blessing for the cinema mode, naming it in his honor.

Connell says that the filter is a lot more than just a black and white tint, noting, "We actually did some research on the curves that may have existed on that kind of film that [Kurosawa] might've used." The team also added in film grain, a more dramatic wind aesthetic and deepened the black tones while brightening the white tones. Stay tuned for our review closer to launch!
                                                        “On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid
                                                        the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all
                                                        that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it’s
                                                        the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!”

YellowBeard says, "Fold ya scurvy b*st*rds!"

Comment

I pre-ordered the game despite my backlog

THIS BETTER NOT SUCK!

Comment

Waiting for some sushi ghost reviews before I dive in.

Comment

Looks interesting, reminds me of Legend of Zelda BOTW.

The only thing is its by the guys that made infamous, even though I enjoyed those games a lot they were quite repetitive "infamous second sun" was an impressive title graphically better than most PS4 games and thats not an easy thing to do.
                                                              http://forums.hexus.net/

Comment

Waiting for some sushi ghost reviews before I dive in.
                                                                Reviews come out Tuesday. Should be interesting.

I’m super hyped...a little worried about “filler” content... but hyped. If the rumors about the side quests are true (that they’re better than TW3’s) than

I’m off the entire week after it’s release, so I’ll be boning this one like KAC does people’s mums.

Alpha

Omega

Comment

This game is the reason why I didn’t wait for stupid Amazon to send me the C9 and ordered it from another store.

Comment

This game is the reason why I didn’t wait for stupid Amazon to send me the C9 and ordered it from another store.
                                                                    Mine is unlocking at 9pm PST on Thursday. Sort of an advantage to being on the left coast.

Comment

Originally posted by SD-[Inc] View Post
                                                                      Mine is unlocking at 9pm PST on Thursday. Sort of an advantage to being on the left coast.
                                                                      Same here buddy. I’m going to be useless at work on Friday

Alpha

Omega

Comment

Holding off for now. It looks great, I just can't get hyped about it. No real reason....

Comment

Holding off for now. It looks great, I just can't get hyped about it. No real reason....
                                                                          I think you just got hooked/burned out on Nioh 2. This game really reminds me of the old Tenchu games, which I absolutely loved. Stealth games (splinter cell) are awesome, stealth games where you are a ninja doubly so.

Can’t wait to see all the ways I can eliminate a whole camp of people without alerting anyone.

Alpha

Omega

Comment

I think you just got hooked/burned out on Nioh 2. This game really reminds me of the old Tenchu games, which I absolutely loved. Stealth games (splinter cell) are awesome, stealth games where you are a ninja doubly so.

Can’t wait to see all the ways I can eliminate a whole camp of people without alerting anyone.
                                                                            That could very well be. I've never been any good at switching gears lol. And from what I've seen Ghosts isn't going to disappoint you. I'm sure I'll wind up buying. This isn't the first game I couldn't get excited about but wound up loving later on - HZD was the last and that was a heck of an experience.

Comment

#39
                                                                              https://drive.google.com/file/d/1mxI...7U-X-wveW/view

off camera footage

Comment

#40
                                                                                So what is up with some youtubers already telling people not to buy? Some kind of publicity stunt? This guy might be melodramatic, but he's been around the block a few times regarding information about gaming.

[yt]bUUxRm33LBQ[/yt]

Comment

Working...
                                                                                X