X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Official Nintendo Switch Discussion

3 days remain! CANNOT WAIT

I'm cautiously optimistic.

It's the most powerful dedicated handheld device, but it's Nintendo. They will **** it up somehow
    Fantards the scourge of the universe:

Comment

I never underestimate nintendo's ability to screw things up, but I'm pretty optimistic about the Switch.
      Originally posted by KAC
      To be honest I never even found doom 3 to be scary since I have a big dick since birth.

Ryzen 5 5600x - radeon 6700xt - 32 gigs memory

Nintendo: NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds
      Sega: Sega Master System, Genesis, 32x, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast, Game Gear
      Sony: PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
      Microsoft: og xbox, xbox360, xbone, series 3
      Atari: Atari 2600, 7800
      Neo Geo: Neo Geo Pocket Color
      Other: Colecovision, Intellivision, Vectrex

riva tnt
      tnt2
      geforce2mx
      kyro 2
      radeon 8500
      radeon 9600
      radeon 9800pro
      radeon x800pro
      geforce 8800gtx
      radeon 6850
      radeon 280
      radeon 580
      radeon 6700xt

Comment

All I need to know is the price.

Comment

Originally posted by logical View Post
          All I need to know is the price.
          I heard it from somewhere they expect it to cost around 245 US Dollars.

So your probably looking at 249.99.

Comment

Originally posted by dmanna View Post
            I heard it from somewhere they expect it to cost around 245 US Dollars.

So your probably looking at 249.99.
            Yeah, everyone is expecting $250. It will be a massive mistake for them to go higher than that... if Nintendo's looking for something to screw up, this is probably it.
            Originally posted by KAC
            To be honest I never even found doom 3 to be scary since I have a big dick since birth.

Nintendo: NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds

riva tnt
            tnt2
            geforce2mx
            kyro 2
            radeon 8500
            radeon 9600
            radeon 9800pro
            radeon x800pro
            geforce 8800gtx
            radeon 6850
            radeon 280
            radeon 580
            radeon 6700xt

Comment

250 is what Im looking at for a gussied up tablet that plays Nintendo games. At that price I will probably pre-order but anything higher probably not.

Comment

$299+ guaranteed.
                Praise be to the God and father of our lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead.

Comment

$199 and I'm in!

Comment

Originally posted by ShaidarHaran View Post
                    $299+ guaranteed.
                    250USD for base version, 299usd for increased storage + game (splatoon).

That's what I'm saying.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Maybe they should rename it to the Nintendo Peripheral.

Snark aside, I'm cautiously optimistic about this system. I'm interested in seeing how it turns out.
                            | Xbox/Games for Windows LIVE: NeoHumanity | Steam: NeoHumanity |
                            | Random Textual Nonsense | Random Visual Stimuli | Twitch.tv Stream |

Comment

im wondering about those case protectors....you encase the entire thing into the protector, and when you want to use the joycons you have to take the thing out before you can detach the controllers lol.
                              ------Squachbox 2022------
                              Gigabyte 3D Aurora 570 full size aluminum chassis
                              Thermaltake Toughpower GF1 750watt PSU
                              AMD Ryzen 5 2600X @ 3.6ghz
                              Asus Prime B450M A/CSM
                              2 x 8GB G-Skill DDR4 2666
                              BenQ Mobiuz EX2710S 27" FHD monitor + Asus Dual Radeon RX 6600
                              Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200.12 SATA
                              Seagate Barracuda 2TB SATA
                              Samsung EVO 970 1TB NVMe
                              HyperX Cloud Stinger wired headset

Comment

Not everyone will use the dock is probably their thinking.

Comment

Originally posted by SirBaron View Post
                                  250USD for base version, 299usd for increased storage + game (splatoon).

That's what I'm saying.
                                  That would be smarter, but again, this is Nintendo.
                                  Praise be to the God and father of our lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead.

Comment

I am willing to bet it will be $299 for base that only has 16GB of storage...
                                    "The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -- Albert Einstein
                                    Twitch Channel | Steam Profile | Console ID: Pocky4Th3Win

Comment

*sigh* Nintendo and their sh*tload of accessories. While the Handheld looks neat and the price might be well within the range of 250-290 bucks, with half of the extra stuff you'll be more within the range of 600-700 bucks which is a joke (a common one, but still a joke, a bad one actually).

Well, whatever, people will buy it no matter how much it will cost.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"Time is the school in which we learn, Time is the fire in which we burn. *Delmore Schwartz*

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Comment

Originally posted by Silent-Runner View Post
                                        *sigh* Nintendo and their sh*tload of accessories. While the Handheld looks neat and the price might be well within the range of 250-290 bucks, with half of the extra stuff you'll be more within the range of 600-700 bucks which is a joke (a common one, but still a joke, a bad one actually).

Well, whatever, people will buy it no matter how much it will cost.
                                        Being able to play on the couch while watching sports is a dream for me. I loved that about the Wii U but the Wii U lacked games

Comment

Originally posted by Omega53 View Post
                                          Being able to play on the couch while watching sports is a dream for me. I loved that about the Wii U but the Wii U lacked games
                                          this
                                          Plex / Steam Machine / Hyper-V
                                          MSI Gaming B350 Tomahawk |Ryzen R5 5600X |32GB |MSI 3060Ti VENTUS 2X |19TB NVMe/SDD/HDD |Windows 11 Pro
                                          Laptop
                                          Dell Inspiron 7577 | Intel i7-7700HQ |16GB DDR 4 DRAM 2400 |Nvidia 1060 6GB |3TB NVMe/SDD |Fedora 35
                                          VR
                                          Oculus Quest 2 / PSVR
                                          Consoles
                                          SteamDeck|Switch|WiiU|Wii|Gamecube|New 3DS XL|DS|GBA|N64|SNES|NES|XBOX|XBOX360|XBOXSeries|PS1|PS2|PS3|PS4|Vita|PSP|DreamCast|Saturn|Genesis
                                          Classical Liberalism: A political ideology and a branch of liberalism which advocates civil liberties, private property, and political freedom with representative democracy under the rule of law. Strong emphasizes economic freedom and the individual over the collective.

Comment

I change my splatoon prediction to a crappy pack in game, but still 250 and a 300 sku.

Comment

Originally posted by Omega53 View Post
                                              You can do that with the PS4 and a Vita or Windows Pc/tablet/laptop.

The fact that the switch doesn't have an eternal port and you need an adapter (that they are charging $30 for) is a sign that they are not logically thinking about the console.
                                              "The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -- Albert Einstein
                                              Twitch Channel | Steam Profile | Console ID: Pocky4Th3Win

Comment

supposed to be at PAX South, but not sure whether to be optimistic about what I will see. There will be a huge line and probably not much more to see/do than will already be at this presentation.
                                                However, I am in the extreme minority, and I understand that there is something fundamentally wrong with me

Comment

Hori is charging that much, also if it's like the Wii u you can use any USB to ethernet adapter.

It would Be nice if it was a part of the dock (which is just a glorified charging dock) but vita and 3ds never had ethernet.

If anyone looks at this machine as a console they will be majority disappointed.

Its a handheld that can also play said games on a TV.

Comment

Its a handheld that can also play said games on a TV.
                                                    Then they are screwing up their marketing message, again.

Its being advertised as both, hence the name, and that is what the general public is assuming.

Comment

Originally posted by Meteor_of_War View Post
                                                      Then they are screwing up their marketing message, again.

Its being advertised as both, hence the name, and that is what the general public is assuming.
                                                      It IS both. That's what those words mean. The point of the order of the words is to help people keep their expectations in check regarding its graphical capabilities.

Comment

Hori is charging that much
                                                        That's the norm price for arcade sticks. $100-150 Mid tier and $200+ for higher end.

Comment

It IS both. That's what those words mean. The point of the order of the words is to help people keep their expectations in check regarding its graphical capabilities.
                                                          If it's successful, in a few years we'll think the whole question of "Is it a console or a portable?" was the wrong way to look at it. It's just video games, and you can play them wherever you want. Someday I will tell my grandchildren about the olden days when all the best games could only be played at home, and there was a separate device for special "portable" games.

Heck, I'm already finding myself having similar conversations with my children. Back in my day you couldn't watch any cartoon you want whenever you want. We only had 5 channels, and they each played only one show at a time! There was also a thing called "commercials".
                                                          Originally posted by KAC

riva tnt
                                                          tnt2
                                                          geforce2mx
                                                          kyro 2
                                                          radeon 8500
                                                          radeon 9600
                                                          radeon 9800pro
                                                          radeon x800pro
                                                          geforce 8800gtx
                                                          radeon 6850
                                                          radeon 280
                                                          radeon 580
                                                          radeon 6700xt

Comment

i made my kids learn to watch the youtube ads to support the people they love to watch.
                                                            Within reason. If you get a 10min ad for a 3min video then I don't blame you. Although I usually hit refresh.
                                                            However, I am in the extreme minority, and I understand that there is something fundamentally wrong with me

Comment

Still a little bit until the event, but leaks this close aren't often wrong.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.blo...?client=safari

Hate to say I told you so but...

Comment

Still a little bit until the event, but leaks this close aren't often wrong.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.blo...?client=safari

Hate to say I told you so but...

300 bucks.. ouch. I mean if I wanted it I would buy it but I don't want it. They should release the Switch at 250.. its the better business move. I think its a bust anyway but I didn't realize Nintendo's business lost 50 billion dollars.. or market value of the company. The Wii U hit them really hard.

If this Flops I think Nintendo is going to most likely stop making consoles.

Comment

I have friends that are hardcore Nintendo fans and they think this thing is going to be $400-450 because that's the range the XBONE and PS4 launched at. Trying to explain why they're wrong but they're not terribly technically-minded so it's not really working. Guess they'll see in half an hour.

Comment

I think this thing is going to bomb hard if they're asking 300 bucks for it.

Comment

Originally posted by dmanna View Post
                                                                      300 bucks.. ouch. I mean if I wanted it I would buy it but I don't want it. They should release the Switch at 250.. its the better business move. I think its a bust anyway but I didn't realize Nintendo's business lost 50 billion dollars.. or market value of the company. The Wii U hit them really hard.

If this Flops I think Nintendo is going to most likely stop making consoles.
                                                                      They just cant break from tradition which is why they keep doing stupid things.
                                                                      -Online isn't up to par, and they think its all about Miiverse like stuff.....
                                                                      -Hardware isn't up to par, but they don't want to sell at a loss.
                                                                      -Hardware needs some random gimmick because Wii.
                                                                      -Hardware always has some significant drawback that pushes dev's away...and its not the power levels (using cartridges when CD's have boatloads more space, proprietary disc when DVD's have tons more space)
                                                                      -Seemingly shun the 3rd parties because 'our way or the highway'

But it might have a chance if theres actually third party support.
                                                                      Last edited by Sasquach; Jan 12, 2017, 07:54 PM.
                                                                      Asus Prime B450M A/CSM
                                                                      Samsung EVO 970 1TB NVMe

Comment

$300 announced. This will be fine as long as they respond to market demand... They need to be prepared to drop the price for Christmas if sales are not up to expectations.
                                                                        Originally posted by KAC

riva tnt
                                                                        tnt2
                                                                        geforce2mx
                                                                        kyro 2
                                                                        radeon 8500
                                                                        radeon 9600
                                                                        radeon 9800pro
                                                                        radeon x800pro
                                                                        geforce 8800gtx
                                                                        radeon 6850
                                                                        radeon 280
                                                                        radeon 580
                                                                        radeon 6700xt

Comment

-$300 US
                                                                          -No region lock
                                                                          -MARIO KART 8 BATTLE MODE! (shown in the demo videos while talking about the switch)
                                                                          -USB type c charging, 2-6hr battery life
                                                                          -I feel bad for big American hands, those joycon look tiny as hell lol. Apparently you can record videos from the joycons....
                                                                          "sharing the joy...." good god that's terrible lol
                                                                          -joycons also available in various colors. Joycon strap has a sliding attachment that has L/R buttons. Theres motion/vibration. Seems like its going to be pretty accurate in its abilities.
                                                                          -Super cheesy showdown video introducing "1-2 SWITCH", which appears to be Switch's version of Wii-sports. seems like its based highly on the motion functionality of the joycons. looks to be a good party game. You pretty much have a showdown against another player without looking at the screen.
                                                                          -super cheesy video introducing a pretty interesting looking punch out/boxing-ish like game with extendo arms, called "ARMS"
                                                                          -"SPLATOON 2" New weapons, new stages, new squid, new control methods, networkability with other switches and not just online. Not a launch title.
                                                                          -"SUPER MARIO ODYSSEY"....looks to be open world, and has real world elements in it (which seems weird)....and boomerang hat lol. Not a launch title.
                                                                          -"XENOBLADE 2" looks to be similar to Xenoblade Chronicles style not Xenoblade Chronicles X.
                                                                          -"FIRE EMBLEM WARRIORS"
                                                                          -"DRAGON QUEST 10, 11, HEROES"
                                                                          -"SHIN MEGAMI TENSEI" by Atlus, powered by Unreal engine 4.
                                                                          -Project Octopath traveler (Some square-enix RPG)
                                                                          -Sega is making stuff (the guy introduced himself and quickly left lol)
                                                                          -"SKYRIM" is confirmed.
                                                                          -"NO MORE HEROES 3?" (Travis touchdown will be back in an untitled game)
                                                                          -EA is up lets see what port they put on it. looks like a FIFA game.
                                                                          -game showreel, I saw street fighter 2, tetris, bomberman, something that looked like FZERO.....
                                                                          -And theres Breath of the Wild Switch. And it looks like its the launch title.
                                                                          Last edited by Sasquach; Jan 12, 2017, 09:06 PM.
                                                                          Asus Prime B450M A/CSM
                                                                          Samsung EVO 970 1TB NVMe

Comment

Yikes....$300.

Dunno about ordering at that price.
                                                                            Originally posted by Ozziebloke
                                                                            I mean, yeah, sure, there's benefits to a shaved asshole. But get a little sweaty and try and blow a fart. It just sits there like a bubble. No hair to break the seal. Feels weird.

Alpha
                                                                            | Mobo: MSI P6N-SLI | CPU: Intel C2D E6600 @ 3.2ghz | Memory: 4GB (4x1GB) G.Skill DDR2-800 | Video Card: EVGA NVIDIA 8800GTX | Hard Drive(s): 2xMaxtor 200GB | Sound: Onboard 7.1 HD | DVD Writer: LITE-ON LDW-451S | Case: Coolermaster Centurion 5 | PSU: OCZ GameXstream 700w | Mouse: Logitech MX1000 | Keyboard: Logitech Cordless Desktop | Mousepad: fUnc Surface 1030 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD 280 | Monitor: LG L1751S-SN 17" LCD | Scanner: Canon LiDe 35 | OS: Vista Home Premium |

Omega

| Mobo: Asus A8V S939 VIA K8T800 Pro | CPU: Athlon 64 X2 3800+ "Manchester" | Memory: 2GB (2x1GB) OCZ PC3200 Platinum | Video Card: BBA AIW X800 XT | Hard Drive(s): Maxtor 100GB + Maxtor 200GB + WD 120GB | Sound: SB Audigy 2 ZS | DVD Writer: LITE-ON LDW-451S | DVD Reader: Memorex Generic | Case: Antec Lifestyle Sonata II | PSU: Antec 450w SmartPower 2.0 | Mouse: Logitech MX1000 | Keyboard: Logitech Cordless Desktop | Mousepad: fUnc Surface 1030 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD 280 | Monitor: LG L1751S-SN 17" LCD | Scanner: Canon LiDe 35 | OS: Windows XP Media Center Edition |

Comment

#39
                                                                              Motion controls and touch screen confirmed.
                                                                              Originally posted by KAC

riva tnt
                                                                              tnt2
                                                                              geforce2mx
                                                                              kyro 2
                                                                              radeon 8500
                                                                              radeon 9600
                                                                              radeon 9800pro
                                                                              radeon x800pro
                                                                              geforce 8800gtx
                                                                              radeon 6850
                                                                              radeon 280
                                                                              radeon 580
                                                                              radeon 6700xt

Comment

#40
                                                                                Battery life is low. 2.5 - 6 hours, depending on game.
                                                                                Originally posted by KAC

riva tnt
                                                                                tnt2
                                                                                geforce2mx
                                                                                kyro 2
                                                                                radeon 8500
                                                                                radeon 9600
                                                                                radeon 9800pro
                                                                                radeon x800pro
                                                                                geforce 8800gtx
                                                                                radeon 6850
                                                                                radeon 280
                                                                                radeon 580
                                                                                radeon 6700xt

Comment

Working...
                                                                                X