Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official Nintendo Switch Discussion

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by Nascar24 View Post
    Looks like the pro controller is a must buy for TV play, this thing isn't cheap for the lack of power it has as a console, should have been sold as a hand hold only at $199. The layout of the Joycons looks questionable as well.
    Not to mention the Pro Controller is $70.

    YouTube Channel

    Comment


      Everyone hating on it... I had a great time playing it in handheld mode today.
      i5 4670 Haswell <> Gigabyte radeon 280x <> 8 gigs of some ram that happened to be on sale that week <> Asus Z87-K <> Some DVD burner that has been used for 3-4 computers - might be a pioneer <> Winblows 10 Now!

      Comment


        Yeah I've been out all day and I'm jonesing for a session. I play in handheld and it is awesome.

        Comment


          I'm buying a Switch today. First console I've owned since the 360 (which I sold like 3 years ago).
          Originally posted by IamHere
          You guys are closet communists.

          Comment


            Originally posted by Elysian View Post
            I'm buying a Switch today. First console I've owned since the 360 (which I sold like 3 years ago).
            No games to go with it?
            Intel Core i7 6950X @ 4.3Ghz \ 2x GTX 1080 8GB SLI \ 128 GB G.Skill Trident Z 3333 Mhz DDR4 \ Asus Rampage V Edition 10 \ ASUS ROG Swift PG348Q \ Asus Claymore \ SupremeFx \ Logitech Z-5500 5.1 \ 2x Samsung 1TB 2x Samsung 2TB \ In Win D-Frame 2 \ Corsair AX1200 Watt \ Windows 10 Pro x64

            Comment


              Originally posted by Ulysses 31 View Post
              No games to go with it?
              Going to start with the new Zelda. Also hoping to grab the Pro controller.
              Originally posted by IamHere
              You guys are closet communists.

              Comment


                Originally posted by Nascar24 View Post
                Looks like the pro controller is a must buy for TV play, this thing isn't cheap for the lack of power it has as a console, should have been sold as a hand hold only at $199. The layout of the Joycons looks questionable as well.
                The Joy-Cons in the (Charging) grip do the job too, where are you getting the Pro is a must?
                Intel Core i7 6950X @ 4.3Ghz \ 2x GTX 1080 8GB SLI \ 128 GB G.Skill Trident Z 3333 Mhz DDR4 \ Asus Rampage V Edition 10 \ ASUS ROG Swift PG348Q \ Asus Claymore \ SupremeFx \ Logitech Z-5500 5.1 \ 2x Samsung 1TB 2x Samsung 2TB \ In Win D-Frame 2 \ Corsair AX1200 Watt \ Windows 10 Pro x64

                Comment


                  I gotta be honest, unless this thing gets a bunch of cool tech demos/party games that make sense to play on a TV, I will probably only ever use it in handheld mode. I've got so many systems hooked up to my TV now I don't need another...
                  Praise be to the God and father of our lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead.

                  Comment


                    Really like this thing! Breath of the Wild is great so far. Don't mind the mini controller thing, but plan on getting the pro controller still. Target was sold out of those.
                    Originally posted by IamHere
                    You guys are closet communists.

                    Comment


                      Liking it so far but I have a few gripes with it:

                      - Why no share friendslist with other platforms?
                      - Why back to friendcodes and add other ways to add friends later?
                      - Why can't I download my Mii's through the profile?
                      - Who thought it was a good idea to not have cushioning inside of the dock?
                      - No way to manage game saves other than plain deleting.

                      All kind of minor issues though. Liking the controller grip, will be good enough until the pro controllers get back into stock for normal price instead of €150 (Yes, really!). I'll try more portable play later on(Is the right control stick an issue for me?) and let you know if the Xtorm USB powerbank is any good for Switch.
                      Feel the Heat Frying your brain

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by Ulysses 31 View Post
                        The Joy-Cons in the (Charging) grip do the job too, where are you getting the Pro is a must?
                        If you want to play in TV mode I would easily say it's a must, those little joycons don't look like something I would want to play Zelda with for hours at a time. As the video states the joycons are a bit awkward to use with button placements.

                        Comment


                          A lot of the complaints about the joy con when connected to the grip (TV mode) sound like something that would also bother me too. Not just the size, but the buttons just seem to be poorly placed as well. I understand the reason why, for when using for two players, but it just doesn't lend much to it for normal single player use which should be the priority. IMO, the pro controller is a must have and that's a damn expensive controller.

                          All these little gripes with the console definitely add up. I'm hoping Nintendo is taking note and will fix all the issues in a revision next year or something. I will probably wait for that before buying. At this point only way I'd buy it before then would be the release of a KILLER game like a good new Metroid.

                          Comment


                            Ive played Zelda down to a dead battery on the switch twice in handheld mode and didnt really have any problems with holding the system. You just have make sure youre in a comfortable position sitting when youre playing and its no issue IMO.

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by logical View Post
                              Ive played Zelda down to a dead battery on the switch twice in handheld mode and didnt really have any problems with holding the system. You just have make sure youre in a comfortable position sitting when youre playing and its no issue IMO.
                              What about when playing in TV mode and the controllers connected to the joy con grip? That's what I'm referring to and what most of the complaints I've been hearing about are with. Most people say when they are connected to the tablet it feels better.

                              Comment


                                IMO, the joycons would have been better in the tablet mode if they had kept the wii u controller layout.

                                Comment


                                  I didnt intend the switch to be a TV console so I only used the joycon dock controller for 5 minutes to see what it felt like when I connected the switch to the tv. Initial thoughts is that is more comfortable than handheld mode due to it feeling more like a controller. But I cant speak for long term play with it.

                                  Comment


                                    I need to just try it for myself. So many differing opinions on the joy cons.

                                    Comment


                                      Originally posted by Meteor_of_War View Post
                                      I need to just try it for myself. So many differing opinions on the joy cons.
                                      A short try isn't good IMO. It takes quite a long time to get used to the small buttons. My initial impression about the R layout was that it is pretty poor, but somehow I've started getting used to it. It's not optimal, and definitely it's not as good as Wii U's tablet, but then again, I hate any controller with non-symmetrical sticks. The Switch Pro controller looks bad, too. For me, the Wii U Pro controller has the best ergonomics ever. It's too bad that it doesn't work with Switch, as far as I know.
                                      So long, and thanks for all the fish.

                                      Comment


                                        Originally posted by lviz View Post
                                        A short try isn't good IMO. It takes quite a long time to get used to the small buttons. My initial impression about the R layout was that it is pretty poor, but somehow I've started getting used to it. It's not optimal, and definitely it's not as good as Wii U's tablet, but then again, I hate any controller with non-symmetrical sticks. The Switch Pro controller looks bad, too. For me, the Wii U Pro controller has the best ergonomics ever. It's too bad that it doesn't work with Switch, as far as I know.
                                        You're probably right. I've got a cousin nearby that is getting the Switch soon, and I'll be able to play it a lot over his house to finally get my impressions of it.

                                        I'm with you too, in that I prefer symmetrical sticks, and I LOVE the Wii U pro controller. I think it might be my new favorite controller besting the DS4 controller. It is really comfortable to me after hours of play and fits great in my hand. Battery life is great too. I've played 9 hours of Zelda with it and it still hasn't needed a charge, and I can't even remember when I last even charged it before starting Zelda.

                                        Comment


                                          Originally posted by lviz View Post
                                          A short try isn't good IMO. It takes quite a long time to get used to the small buttons. My initial impression about the R layout was that it is pretty poor, but somehow I've started getting used to it. It's not optimal, and definitely it's not as good as Wii U's tablet, but then again, I hate any controller with non-symmetrical sticks. The Switch Pro controller looks bad, too. For me, the Wii U Pro controller has the best ergonomics ever. It's too bad that it doesn't work with Switch, as far as I know.
                                          The Switch Pro Controller is amazing. 100x better than using the baby hand Joy Cons.

                                          Comment


                                            Anyone else unable to connect to the eShop? It churns for a couple minutes and then gives an error. Server overloaded? The connection test runs fine.

                                            Comment


                                              The Pro controller is really nice. Not necessarily a "must buy," but close.
                                              Originally posted by IamHere
                                              You guys are closet communists.

                                              Comment


                                                [yt]Cb-srOfRqNc[/yt]
                                                "In the year 2004, ATi fans marveled in their own magnificence as ATi gave birth to catalyst A.I . We don't know who struck first, nVidia or us, but it is us who scorched the IQ forever"
                                                R.I.P Vasi, 2002-2011
                                                R.I.P Muha, 2010-2021

                                                Comment


                                                  http://www.businessinsider.com/the-n...delight-2017-3

                                                  Comment


                                                    Wont be picking a switch up anytime soon, the plastic screen is just not acceptable, as I stated either in this thread or another it should have been made with Gorilla glass, plastic scratches ridiculously easy!

                                                    Comment


                                                      Originally posted by Nascar24 View Post
                                                      Wont be picking a switch up anytime soon, the plastic screen is just not acceptable, as I stated either in this thread or another it should have been made with Gorilla glass, plastic scratches ridiculously easy!
                                                      Throw a tempered glass screen protector on it, problem solved for $10 and you protect the Switch

                                                      Comment


                                                        Originally posted by Omega53 View Post
                                                        Throw a tempered glass screen protector on it, problem solved for $10 and you protect the Switch
                                                        Looks like just another must purchase, add it to the price.

                                                        Comment


                                                          Originally posted by Nascar24 View Post
                                                          Looks like just another must purchase, add it to the price.
                                                          So what? You'd buy a screen protector for Gorilla Glass too Have you seen the drop tests on this thing? I'll take a screen that doesn't shatter after 10+ 5ft drops over Gorilla Glass that will definitely shatter any day.
                                                          Originally posted by IamHere
                                                          You guys are closet communists.

                                                          Comment


                                                            Originally posted by Elysian View Post
                                                            So what? You'd buy a screen protector for Gorilla Glass too Have you seen the drop tests on this thing? I'll take a screen that doesn't shatter after 10+ 5ft drops over Gorilla Glass that will definitely shatter any day.
                                                            Agree. Drop protection > scratch protection.

                                                            Comment


                                                              Best console launch in France, best Nintendo launch since the eighties. Other countries Selling very well so far, let's see if it keeps up the momentum.
                                                              Fantards the scourge of the universe:

                                                              Comment


                                                                Originally posted by SirBaron View Post
                                                                Best console launch in France, best Nintendo launch since the eighties. Other countries Selling very well so far, let's see if it keeps up the momentum.
                                                                Better than OG wii? I cant imagine so...

                                                                Comment


                                                                  Originally posted by logical View Post
                                                                  Better than OG wii? I cant imagine so...
                                                                  It might just be sales numbers for the first few days or so.

                                                                  I seem to recall the Wii being in short supply at release. The Switch supply over launch weekend was really plentiful from Nintendo.

                                                                  Anyways congrats to them on a successful launch. Its in all our best interests for them to be successful.

                                                                  Comment


                                                                    It's a shame that the switch launch shows that it is ok to release a console that is clearly not ready to go yet.

                                                                    But I'm part of the problem so I guess I have no room to complain.

                                                                    Comment


                                                                      Originally posted by Elysian View Post
                                                                      So what? You'd buy a screen protector for Gorilla Glass too Have you seen the drop tests on this thing? I'll take a screen that doesn't shatter after 10+ 5ft drops over Gorilla Glass that will definitely shatter any day.
                                                                      Nope sorry cant say I would, it doesn't scratch like plastic, Just got rid of a stupid plastic cover over glass that scratched the first day. Would rather have standard tablet glass over plastic crap any day of the week.

                                                                      Comment


                                                                        Originally posted by Nascar24 View Post
                                                                        Nope sorry cant say I would, it doesn't scratch like plastic, Just got rid of a stupid plastic cover over glass that scratched the first day. Would rather have standard tablet glass over plastic crap any day of the week.
                                                                        Do you run your Gorilla Glass screens naked? No matter how good Gorilla Glass supposedly gets, it still scratches.
                                                                        Originally posted by IamHere
                                                                        You guys are closet communists.

                                                                        Comment


                                                                          Originally posted by logical View Post
                                                                          Better than OG wii? I cant imagine so...
                                                                          Objective completed for Nintendo in France. The distributor has sold 105.000 units of its new console, the Nintendo Switch, available from March 3rd. This is the best launch for Nintendo in France since the eighties. It is also the best launch of a console in France, between all the distributors, according to Nintendo. The french branch has fulfilled its objective, which was to match the sales of the Wii, who sold 95.000 units on its first weekend, in November 2007.
                                                                          Yup

                                                                          edit: this one says europe not just france

                                                                          http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...d-switch-sales
                                                                          Last edited by SirBaron; Mar 7, 2017, 09:22 AM.
                                                                          Fantards the scourge of the universe:

                                                                          Comment


                                                                            Originally posted by Elysian View Post
                                                                            Do you run your Gorilla Glass screens naked? No matter how good Gorilla Glass supposedly gets, it still scratches.
                                                                            I have never scratched glass on my tablets or phones, never have any protection over them, maybe I take care of them better then the avg. user but have never had a problem with doing anything to the glass, actually dropped a few phones as it always happens and they haven't broke yet either.

                                                                            Comment


                                                                              Originally posted by Mangler View Post
                                                                              It's a shame that the switch launch shows that it is ok to release a console that is clearly not ready to go yet.

                                                                              But I'm part of the problem so I guess I have no room to complain.
                                                                              Yeah I don't see why Nintendo didn't wait J til Christmas, what's the rush? They could have coasted on the 3ds for a while. But investors I bet always moaning.
                                                                              Fantards the scourge of the universe:

                                                                              Comment


                                                                                Originally posted by Nascar24 View Post
                                                                                I have never scratched glass on my tablets or phones, never have any protection over them, maybe I take care of them better then the avg. user but have never had a problem with doing anything to the glass, actually dropped a few phones as it always happens and they haven't broke yet either.
                                                                                You're an anomaly then.
                                                                                Originally posted by IamHere
                                                                                You guys are closet communists.

                                                                                Comment


                                                                                  Originally posted by Elysian View Post
                                                                                  You're an anomaly then.
                                                                                  I also don't run screen protectors on my mobile devices and have never shattered glass. I do use standard cases with raised surfaces to protect in case of drops, though. I also have scratched glass a couple times before. I think I would take sapphire glass + a case over Gorilla glass + a case at this point. If it were an option that is.
                                                                                  Praise be to the God and father of our lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead.

                                                                                  Comment

                                                                                  Working...
                                                                                  X